Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Matt Striker getting humiliated by everyone?

Question Why is Matt Striker getting humiliated by everyone?

Because he was a great commentator, and now he is getting abused/embarrassed by everyone on the show. What is up with that?

Default Re: Why is Matt Striker getting humiliated by everyone?

He is too smarky at commentary. Vince doesnt like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiCiTy View Post
    He is too smarky at commentary. Vince doesnt like that.
    Because he said he 'marked out' when Booker T came back at the Royal Rumble? That's a stupid reason.

Thats not the only thing. He likes to call the moves and in todays WWE its basically a sin to try present the procduct as prowrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaLove View Post
    Because he said he 'marked out' when Booker T came back at the Royal Rumble? That's a stupid reason.
    It was unprofessional and he should have known not to use that phrase. He might not have deserved to lose the job over it, but he deserved to be punished in some way.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I don't think one line deserves the ridiculous treatment he's received this year. Vince McMahon must hate Striker viscerally. It takes a SPECIAL level of hatred to employ a man for the sole purpose of humiliating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    It was unprofessional and he should have known not to use that phrase. He might not have deserved to lose the job over it, but he deserved to be punished in some way.
    Really?

What's so unprofessional about it? Striker was sharing the wrestling fans' point of view. And I liked it. It actually got me more connected to the match. The fact that Vince treats his thing as sports-entertainment, as ruined his judgment calls. Matt Striker was the best announcer the WWE had at the Royal Rumble, because he really called the match with passion. And that's what announcers are supposed to do. Cole, Lawler, Ross and even JBL call the matches as if it doesn't interest them. I prefer one Matt Striker on commentary, than Cole and Lawler...

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

It's a word you're not supposed to use if you're in the business. That'd be like Striker saying "selling" or "bump."

It's an insider term. You don't use insider terms during the broadcast.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

It's an insider term. You don't use insider terms during the broadcast.
    There been so many times wrestlers and even Michael Cole himself used insider terms on live TV, but non got the reaction Matt Striker got.

You get certain privileges once you've been around for a long time and you've built up a reputation for yourself. Striker already had heat on him from a few people, he should have known to not push his luck.

Bender

So in other words, Vince McMahon can bend the rules the way he feels like. That's bullshit. That's why this company is in the hole for such a long time now...

Well he is the boss, so what can you do? Vince is known for firing people if you yawn in front of him. Funny shit.

So in other words, Vince McMahon can bend the rules the way he feels like. That's bullshit. That's why this company is in the hole for such a long time now...
    The company is not in a hole because they took Matt Striker off commentary. The commentary teams are fine as they are presently.

Bender

The company is not in a hole because they took Matt Striker off commentary. The commentary teams are fine as they are presently.
    Obviously, you missed the point of what I meant. What I meant to say is that Vince McMahon saying "No" to one wrestler, and than saying "Yes" to another, that what is the problem. If it was John Cena, he wouldn't give a sh*t, but just because it was someone as unimportant to him as Matt Striker, than he goes off and blasts the guy for no reason. That is why the booking is equal to shit, because people can do whatever they want, and the others can't. That's why the wrestling industry is almost dead, because of this piss poor attitude from Vinnie Mac.

What the fuck are you on about? It has always been like that. Guys who draw money get away with stuff, that minor performers cant. Its not restricted to WWE anyway, because i have seen it happen in many sports and businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiCiTy View Post
    What the fuck are you on about? It has always been like that. Guys who draw money get away with stuff, that minor performers cant. Its not restricted to WWE anyway, because i have seen it happen in many sports and businesses.
    I get it. Just that this is why so many sports are lame this days. The politics and backstage attitude is the reason why I am not interested in WWE anymore. That's the major issue. And the boss is the same guy, who agreed on a storyline of his daughter getting kidnapped. I think he is full of himself. And Triple H ain't any different than Vince. He uses his kiss buddies to get to the WWE, and they become untouchable. Matt Striker is a guy who worked his ass off on commentary, and day in day out got more and more connected to the fans, and a lot of fans like him. He became liked because of his 'fan type' mindset and his commentary. The fact that Vince is a self-centered hypocrite, doesn't make it right. Yeah, he said something Vince doesn't like, but the fans did. That was the only moment in the Royal Rumble that I actually liked (and I can be positive I am not the only one), and he gets screwed for it, because Vince has a 'sports-entertainment' mindset. That's BS of attitude, and that's why many wrestlers decline to come to the WWE. Vince doesn't care about the future of professional wrestling, nor does he care about his own company anymore. He holds this company for one reason: IT GENERATES MONEY. That's it. He doesn't care about the WWE, about the so called 'WWE Universe', and about the business in general. He's a senile old bastard.

It is a shame Striker got kicked off the announce team and is now in the role of the "jerk interviewer" who always gets beaten up, but at this moment in time I am not too fussed as the announce team is fantastic without him.

I will never understand when people say things like, the WWE is in a hole, and the business is dead.

Utter crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I will never understand when people say things like, the WWE is in a hole, and the business is dead.

Utter crap.
    The only thing alive in this business is the WWE. Companies don't go national, being afraid of facing Vince McMahon. TNA tried and it quicly got burned, so they change the time slot. So telling me that the business isn't dead, is ignorant. The business was alive when WCW went to head to head war with the WWE. That's when Vince actually still gave a f*ck about his product, but now he doesn't give a damn about the product, because he knows that his company is untouchable. He does make better booking, he doesn't hire better writers, because his product is untouchable, and no company in the current wrestling industry can come close to them. Vince McMahon has lost touch with reality long time ago. And as soon as he bought WCW and ECW, the business was killed. Look at the wrestlers. If they aren't in WWE, they are considered second rate wrestlers. Only those who take time to watch the indies know how good they are, but look at the kids who watch the WWE. Look how they talk shit about Kurt Angle, look how they treat Sting, Austin Aries, and mainly everyone who's in TNA. Call them a 'wannabes'. Does that not tell you that the business is dead? Wrestlers who work hard in Japan, still considered a pile of dirt for the fans of the WWE. That's why the business is dead.

Vince McMahon builds a new generation of fans, all around the WWE, because 99% of the kids don't even care about the outside of the WWE. They don't watch the indies. Vince is building a generation of fans, that will only support the WWE, because that's all they will be attached to. So, yeah, go ahead and tell me the busines is not dead.

It's more than likely because he had the balls, the unmitigated gall to dare to be better at commentary than Cole & Lawler. I mean, for a while all they really did was just insult Striker for doing his job.

*Daniel Bryan does Cattlemutilation*

Striker: Daniel Bryan calls that The Cattlemutilation

*Lawler and Cole start laughing at Striker*

Cole or Lawler, I forget: That sounds more like your commentary.

I mean seriously, theres a fucking problem when a commentator can do shit like that and not get reprimanded for it, no matter how long they've been in the biz.
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    It's more than likely because he had the balls, the unmitigated gall to dare to be better at commentary than Cole & Lawler. I mean, for a while all they really did was just insult Striker for doing his job.

*Daniel Bryan does Cattlemutilation*

Striker: Daniel Bryan calls that The Cattlemutilation

*Lawler and Cole start laughing at Striker*

Cole or Lawler, I forget: That sounds more like your commentary.

I mean seriously, theres a fucking problem when a commentator can do shit like that and not get reprimanded for it, no matter how long they've been in the biz.
    That's never how this company has worked, not commentary, not in the ring. As long as Vince is running the show, even small things like using insider terms is grounds for removal. I don't mind Striker in the interviewer role anyway. I'd much rather have him on commentary on SD though. Matthews is dreadful.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

The only thing alive in this business is the WWE.
    WWE is a professional wrestling business. WWE is huge. WWE is alive. Therefore, the professional wrestling business is alive. You could call it stagnant since there is only really one show in town, but it's certainly not dead. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    WWE is a professional wrestling business. WWE is huge. WWE is alive. Therefore, the professional wrestling business is alive. You could call it stagnant since there is only really one show in town, but it's certainly not dead. Not even close.
    OK, so let's say Triple H and Stephanie McMahon take over the WWE, and suddenly after few years decide to close the company, because they lost interest in running it. What will that do to your so called 'living business'?

Thread Information