Thread: Why didn't McIntyre get the title when he had that 'chosen one' gimmick?

Question Why didn't McIntyre get the title when he had that 'chosen one' gimmick?

When he came in he was build as a future main eventer, and had a great push. Why didn't the WWE capitalize on it and made him a World Heavyweight champion?

Default Re: Why didn't McIntyre get the title when he had that 'chosen one' gimmick?

Because he was as dull as a rusty knife.

Of course when he began showing personality, they scrapped his push. You know, like after the 100 Chris Masters pushes when he sucked, when he actually got good they did fuck all with him.
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

Default Re: Why didn't McIntyre get the title when he had that 'chosen one' gimmick?

He was a victim of a really disappointing creative period where a lot of up and coming talent had their careers stunted due to lazy booking and creative decisions.

There is also a rumour that he was punished due to the behaviour of his ex-wife, Tiffany, but that has never been confirmed.

I could go on all day why I didn't like Smackdown 2010. It's easier to list what I enjoyed about it.
    Voodoo Ain't Easy

If you ask me, he should have won Money in the Bank in 2010 and not Swagger... Then the shit hit the fan with his ex-wife getting arrested for allegedly beating him and we are finally seeing him in a legit angle as a member of 3MB.

Was Drew the guy who got punished, because his wife beat him? How petty and childish can WWE get.

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiCiTy View Post
    Was Drew the guy who got punished, because his wife beat him? How petty and childish can WWE get.
    Would you really want a champion who got beaten up by his wife? What does that say for the rest of the roster? lol

So he should have beat his wife is that what you are saying? Drew was the man for controlling himself. Thats a trait kids should learn.

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiCiTy View Post
    So he should have beat his wife is that what you are saying? Drew was the man for controlling himself. Thats a trait kids should learn.
    Dey see him trollin', dey hatin' ...

ToX, you are 100% correct. By no means should Drew have done anything to harm his wife, regardless of what she did to him. The domestic abuse complaint was the proper course of action, and WWE's punishment of him was unwarranted and shows just how backwards certain members of the company are in their thinking. Of course, this isn't the first time certain backstage influences in WWE have allegedly punished a performer for not "standing up to" his significant other (Morrison's weird relationship with Melina comes to mind). So all you can do is shake your head and sigh, and not listen to equally backwards-thinking individuals who claim McIntyre should have physically harmed his wife even in self-defense.

As for why Drew went nowhere as the Chosen One: he wasn't particularly entertaining in the role and he wasn't ready for a main-event push. If WWE had stuck with him and built him up slowly, would he have gotten there long before now? Quite possibly, yes. So I won't say WWE didn't drop the ball on Drew, because they did. But he was nowhere near ready for a world title during his Chosen One period.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

I'm still flabbergasted that WWE did nothing with him especially after his impressive performance in the Elimination Chamber last year. I mean he looked like an absolute beast in that match, definitlely World Champion material give or take a few months. But, WWE somehow dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by gl83 View Post
    I'm still flabbergasted that WWE did nothing with him especially after his impressive performance in the Elimination Chamber last year. I mean he looked like an absolute beast in that match, definitlely World Champion material give or take a few months. But, WWE somehow dropped the ball.
    I've never understand that either. The Elimination Chamber match was such a break out for Drew then, they did nothing with him.
    Do I sound angry or something?

I would have preferred Drew over Swagger however a little too late now. Drew is fun right now though. They should start putting some of the micard titles on the band members soon.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    I've never understand that either. The Elimination Chamber match was such a break out for Drew then, they did nothing with him.
    Many wrestlers have had standout showings in these matches. That and Money in the Bank. I would give them a chance but often times these guys had baggage that hurts them.

I agree that it not right for WWE to punish Drew for the domestic abuse BUT had it got out to major media and he got beat up by his wife, you know people would be saying that he isn't a tough guy. I am not trying to be sexist or say he should have hit back because he would have gotten fired if that was the case. Either way he was screwed: fight back and get fired or not fight back and keep your job but be a glorified enhancement talent for nearly two years.

It was too early for him. That being said, he was wasted by the writers. Drew Mac is 100 pounds of potential in a 5 pound bag. They really need to reevaluate the guy. He is so much better than this 3MB sh!t!

I thought it was "time" for him when he was beating up Matt Hardy every week. Thought it was a decent platform from which to elevate him, but nothing really came of it as I seem to recall.

Beating up Matt Hardy is like jerking off. Anyone can punch the clown. D-Mack needs a more significant feud. I'm a fan, not of masterbation (ok, that aint true) but of Drew McIntyre. D-Mack, Kofi, Sandow, Natalya, Sheamus, those are my fav five. Future!

If you ask me, he should have won Money in the Bank in 2010
    That was the original plan, but when Drew couldn't get over with the crowd, he lost his push to win the World Heavyweight Title.

Thread Information