Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Band: Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal

Cool The Band: Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal

What is your opinion on this stable?

They have been booked strongly the first couple of times together and I hope it continues.

Sadly the negative side of me reckons that it won't be much longer than a month before one guy (Cena, Ryback, Sheamus etc) makes them look weak by taking all three out on their own.

Three long term jobbers being made more relevant than they have been in ages. I have no problem with that.

Default Re: The Band: Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal

I like both Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre being in the group but if I'm gonna be honest Jinder Mahal kinda sticks out like a sore thumb as it were and personally I'd much rather see Curt Hawkins as the third man in the 3 Man Band.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

My opinion is that this is one of those examples of something that you shouldn't think about "Long-Term".

I think the 3MB should just be enjoyed while it lasts for the absurdity that it is. Jinder's the funny one.

And Lony, Jinder is SUPPOSED to stick out. That's the joke. I'm starting to see why they call you Butters...

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

I agree with Djm, Jinder is great in this group. Who knows where it is going however it is such a unique team of personalities and characters that makes them fun to watch.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

I like the group. I like that they're allowed to show some personality. I hate the whole "band" aspect of the gimmick. Just because they air-guitar does not make them a band. I don't mind them calling themselves the 3 Man Band. But for the love of Pete! They're not actually musicians! Why force them to try to act like they are (in all the wrong ways), when it just makes what has a lot of potential to be an entertaining group out to be a gaggle of obnoxious delusional losers?

Take this week for instance. I know they needed to write Drew off so that he could be with his family during their time of tragedy, but why is Michael Cole acting like he was really off trying to secure venues for their "tour"? Stuff like that is imbecilic and adds nothing to the gimmick! It only further reminds us that the 3MB is just a trio of morons strutting around, rather than allowing us to see them as a serious threat even if they aren't serious characters.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

For someone as intelligent as you DC, I'd expect you to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    For someone as intelligent as you DC, I'd expect you to get it.
    What, that they really are just a gaggle of obnoxious delusional losers?

All I'm saying is, stuff like pretending they're really a band negatively impacts my suspension of disbelief. It falls more on Michael Cole than anything else, though: if everyone else treated them like delusional idiots, it'd be funny. But when the commentators and such take them seriously ...

PW WrestleMania XI

The Band aspect is as annoying as Heath Slater being the one man band (baby.)

Yeah. More or less.

Look at that guy in TNA who is so unimportant I forget his name. Because he was on big brother for like 5 minutes, his whole character is that he's an A-List superstar and nobody can tell him otherwise. The Band is just 3 of him. Because they can air guitar, they act like hot shot rock stars. And it's obviously working because it bugs you.

It doesn't bug me in the sense of, "Oooh, I hate these guys, I want to see them get squashed!" though. It's a case of, "This is even more insulting to my intelligence than WWE is normally; I should probably just change the channel." I don't mind Slater, Mahal, and McIntyre being too into it. You're right, that's what they should be doing. You are 100% correct and I should have been more clear in the first place.

But when you have the rest of WWE's on-air personalities "playing along," with nobody actually standing up and saying, "You guys aren't a real band! Nobody would pay to see you pretend to play invisible instruments!" ... that's when it becomes problematic because they have nothing to back it up. It's the same reason I hate when WWE acts like segments like "The Abraham Washington Show" or "MizTV" or whatever are in competition with Jay Leno and David Letterman. They're not. They're an interview segment on a wrestling show, and pretending otherwise is just a reminder to the audience of how fake and what they're watching really is.

PW WrestleMania XI

Knows he isn't welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    My opinion is that this is one of those examples of something that you shouldn't think about "Long-Term".

I think the 3MB should just be enjoyed while it lasts for the absurdity that it is. Jinder's the funny one.
    Pretty much this, this little angle has made Mahal enoyable for me, and God knows I need more fun in my wrestling.

I like the group. I like that they're allowed to show some personality. I hate the whole "band" aspect of the gimmick. Just because they air-guitar does not make them a band. I don't mind them calling themselves the 3 Man Band. But for the love of Pete! They're not actually musicians! Why force them to try to act like they are (in all the wrong ways), when it just makes what has a lot of potential to be an entertaining group out to be a gaggle of obnoxious delusional losers?

Take this week for instance. I know they needed to write Drew off so that he could be with his family during their time of tragedy, but why is Michael Cole acting like he was really off trying to secure venues for their "tour"? Stuff like that is imbecilic and adds nothing to the gimmick! It only further reminds us that the 3MB is just a trio of morons strutting around, rather than allowing us to see them as a serious threat even if they aren't serious characters.
    You're joking right?

I find it quite funny, better than them all doing nothing on their own. That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Pretty much this, this little angle has made Mahal enoyable for me, and God knows I need more fun in my wrestling.
    This is true. Mahal is a pretty good wrestler. He's been doing well on NXT. However, he was given a more boring version of the Del Rio gimmick, while Del Rio was already on the roster. He was doomed to fail from the start.

This is letting him show his personality and could save him and prove he deserves a good spot in the midcard.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Soooo do you think McIntyre will be split off from the Band after the news about his mother passing becomes public knowledge? People will probably cheer for him, and the Band are supposed to be heels.

Not at all. Sympathy is a dirty word in the WWE. Unless your name is Jerry Lawler.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Or Rey Mysterio Guerrero.

The 3MB remind me of the mean street posse.

Thanks To Hayze

The negativity in this thread is why we can't have nice things anymore. Take 3MB for what they are: fun.
    MachoWarrior made this so you should touch him sexually.

The RTruth
    RT loves Lucky Penny beer. You should try it.

Knows he isn't welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Not at all. Sympathy is a dirty word in the WWE. Unless your name is Jerry Lawler.
    If anything, it will probably become a reason to get more heat, remember that the audience is heel too.

Anyone else think this could/should lead to a face turn for Drew McIntyre when 3MB breaks up? I could see it happening.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Anyone else think this could/should lead to a face turn for Drew McIntyre when 3MB breaks up? I could see it happening.
    They just got together about a month ago, and we're already talking about them breaking up?
    Last edited by Djm; 11-10-2012 at 09:07 PM.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

I liked Slater solo, the other guys kind of water his act down in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    They just got together about a month ago, and we're already talking about them breaking up?
    Didn't know I couldn't speculate about Drew potentially turning face from this...sorry!

surrender

I want to see them incorporate instruments(Jinder can be the guitarist, Drew the silent bassist, Heath the frontman and if they recruited someone like Yoshi Tatsu and his epic one liners as the drummer to fit what they're looking for out of this international band and have them goof around with the instruments and really play the instruments horribly but they think they're rocking it ) and even pull a 3 Count and have their own custom theme/titantron with Heath singing and Drew/Jinder providing backup vocals no matter how corny it may sound. I feel like the WWE can turn up the gimmick ten fold with these types of things.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I want to see them incorporate instruments(Jinder can be the guitarist, Drew the silent bassist, Heath the frontman and if they recruited someone like Yoshi Tatsu and his epic one liners as the drummer to fit what they're looking for out of this international band and have them goof around with the instruments and really play the instruments horribly but they think they're rocking it ) and even pull a 3 Count and have their own custom theme/titantron with Heath singing and Drew/Jinder providing backup vocals no matter how corny it may sound. I feel like the WWE can turn up the gimmick ten fold with these types of things.
    Well, I think the fact that they don't actually do anything musically is intentional.

That could change, though.

surrender

Thread Information