Thread: You know, I think I would like TNA a lot more if they had better acting.

Default You know, I think I would like TNA a lot more if they had better acting.

I love their wrestling, they may even have a better wrestling show then WWE. However, while I think WWE has some underrated wrestling and with that said I think their wrestlers are way better at promos. Look at CM Punk. He looks like he would really be like that(and watching his BITW DVD I really do think that's him). Which is makes his character intersting to me. Now lets look at Austin Aeries. Great wrestler that's had a ton of great matches but he sucks on the mic. Whenever he or Jeff or anyone in TNA(Including Hogan), it seems like they are trying to remember their lines or ripping off WWE universe. I also hate the way the camera is in their backstage segments as well. Untill they improve I will not be watching every week.
    Spoiler

Default Re: You know, I think I would like TNA a lot more if they had better acting.

I have an honest question that I don't feel is worth making a whole thread over. Anyway, has TNA become profitable yet?

Default Re: You know, I think I would like TNA a lot more if they had better acting.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Morrison_mark View Post
    I have an honest question that I don't feel is worth making a whole thread over. Anyway, has TNA become profitable yet?
    Jeff Jarrett says they have so take it for what it's worth.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Better acting? In wrestling? You ask for the impossible...

I've just recently begun watching again, haven't consistently since the dudleys got there. But my main issue right now is how forced and repetitive the segments are. I don't believe anything that's happening on that show. Especially Hogan's little meetings in his office where he asks the same damn thing every time.

It just feels so forced and unnatural.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

A lot of this comes off as "I'd like TNA if they were WWE and had WWE guys instead of TNA guys".

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    A lot of this comes off as "I'd like TNA if they were WWE and had WWE guys instead of TNA guys".
    They are WWE guys.

I don't understand any comparing that happens between the companies. And I mean that. They are two completely different products.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I've never liked the backstage cameras in any wrestling promotion. At least TNA makes it look like the cameraman is secretly filming and the guys on screen don't know about it. The backstage stuff in the E is SOO much worse. A typical E backstage moment has someone like the GM (I'm especially thinking of Teddy Long here) send everyone out of his office so that he can talk to a wrestler in private. However, he doesn't notice the f#cking cameraman standing three feet away is still there and filming their "private" meeting?

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    I've never liked the backstage cameras in any wrestling promotion. At least TNA makes it look like the cameraman is secretly filming and the guys on screen don't know about it. The backstage stuff in the E is SOO much worse. A typical E backstage moment has someone like the GM (I'm especially thinking of Teddy Long here) send everyone out of his office so that he can talk to a wrestler in private. However, he doesn't notice the f#cking cameraman standing three feet away is still there and filming their "private" meeting?
    But the phantom cameraman allows the WWE to freely tell a much deeper story. Besides, the idea of TNA's stealth cameraman falls apart when you consider how impossible it would be for someone to be stealthy with all that large camera equipment. Then there's the whole thing with the mics that can somehow catch clean and clear audio through walls...

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

I'll be honest. TNA only has one good actor, and that's Abyss. Seriously, they could bring him back as Abyss tonight, but as a gay guy whose obsessed with Pokemon and Pancakes and he could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I'll be honest. TNA only has one good actor, and that's Abyss. Seriously, they could bring him back as Abyss tonight, but as a gay guy whose obsessed with Pokemon and Pancakes and he could pull it off.
    I dont know, I rather enjoy James Storm.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    But the phantom cameraman allows the WWE to freely tell a much deeper story. Besides, the idea of TNA's stealth cameraman falls apart when you consider how impossible it would be for someone to be stealthy with all that large camera equipment. Then there's the whole thing with the mics that can somehow catch clean and clear audio through walls...
    These days there are lighter wireless cameras which broadcast great images without the heavy equipment. If the shots had great lighting then I would agree with you. However, the "sneaky "cam always has low level lighting and poorer angles which makes it believable. I prefer this style to the "invisible camera" of WWE. I have always hated backstage segments because they are too much like a poor man's soap opera with horrible backgrounds(whatever is laying around in the back of an arena).

I would love that character! Nick Dinsmore could pull it off!

Some TNA talent is better at shooting and wrestling than WWE wrestlers, and vice versa. The same is true for acting.

Currently, both companies, albeit imperfect, has improved, and I reckon both companies will do so as they build new characters and solidify new legacies.

Gay Parks who is infatuated with Pokemon and Pancakes. Book it.
    You can say that you specialize but Eris will optimize.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I don't understand any comparing that happens between the companies. And I mean that. They are two completely different products.
    Very true. TNA is Pro Wrestling while WWE is over scrpited B movie product.

TNA doesn't need actors. They have wrestlers. WWE needs/wants actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I've just recently begun watching again, haven't consistently since the dudleys got there. But my main issue right now is how forced and repetitive the segments are. I don't believe anything that's happening on that show. Especially Hogan's little meetings in his office where he asks the same damn thing every time.

It just feels so forced and unnatural.
    Yea, that Hogan segment is bad. Honestly, less talking more wrestling! Put more focus on what got you to the dance, the X-Division (& the women's division which is way better then the WWE's)!

Thread Information