Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock Lands Major Movie Role That Coincides With Wrestlemania

Banned

Default The Rock Lands Major Movie Role That Coincides With Wrestlemania

Dwayne Johnson really will play the classic strongman Hercules onscreen. The Brett Ratner-directed Hercules action film will be co-produced by Paramount and MGM, the companies announced today. Johnson and Ratnerís names have been attached to the project since early spring. The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal from Radical Studiosí graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars; Evan Spiliotopoulos did script revisions. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner will produce. Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger will executive produce. Production is scheduled to start in early 2013. Condal is repped by WME. Ratner is repped by CAA. Johnson is repped by WME and The Garcia Companies.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/dway...ner-to-direct/

Good for him. But how is this going to interfere with WM 29? The WWE needs him there.

Default Re: The Rock Lands Major Movie Role That Coincides With Wrestlemania

Aaaaand thisbis why he shouldn't hold the belt. He won't even be able to commit to be around. I'm all for the movie career, but I want to see my champ make an appearance every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Knows he isn't welcome

I can see it now...

ONCE IN A LIFETIME! JOHN CENA VS THE ROCK VIA SATELLITE!

And Rocky as Hercules?

Poop.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Knows he isn't welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    And Rocky as Hercules?

Poop.
    The real issue is that the movie is being directed by the guy behind X-Men 3, the horror...

I never thought Rock was really gonna win it. Punk should win and lose it at Mania. And Cena should accidentally cost Rock the title, since they need a reason to fight again anyway. Of course, Cena could just win the Rumble or Chamber, but that's too predictable.

This is why he should of never of returned to begin with. If he cant commit to something he shouldnt act like the fans and the business matter. It just goes to show he was only really back because he lost a ton of movie fans and came back to win them over again as he got out of his disney contract.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

I just read a report today that said he was going to be there more than ever, and that he might even make SMACKDOWN appearances.

I knew that was a load of crap.

Commit or fuck off.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

And I can't wait to see Rock fans come in here and try to defend the fact that he signed on for a movie that will be filmed during WrestleMania season. I just can't wait.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

It'll have to be much more than the normal crap to try and justify it. But they'll defend nonetheless.

I wish a report like that was true, Champ.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Were you folks expecting him to work house shows or something?

Why can't he appear on RAW on Monday's, and then shoot his little movie the other six days of the week?

For reference:

Quote Originally Posted by ewrestlingnews
    -- At this time, early plans in 2013 are calling for The Rock to make more appearances than previous years. With The Rock in the WWE Title picture for the Royal Rumble, he is expected to be the biggest focal point heading into WrestleMania 29. There has not been a set amount of return dates agreed upon, but both sides realize that he is going to have to make more appearances, on both RAW and SmackDown.
    Really, it reads more like "Common sense dictates that he should be there every week" rather than "It's been agreed upon that he'll be there every week."

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Why can't he appear on RAW on Monday's, and then shoot his little movie the other six days of the week?
    If this were possible, he would be around a lot more often.

HAYZE

Im not expecting a damn full time schedule. I'm no idiot. I also know he's not going to be on RAW every week while he's shooting a movie. Again, because I'm no idiot.

If they keep the title on Punk, this is a non issue.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

It's not even just about the title. The title makes it worse, but it's bad anyway, because either way he'll be building to a huge WrestleMania match.

HAYZE

This is great news...If he misses Mania

Most people think Rock competing on Raw is a huge waste of money, much less a house show.

No one is arguing for house shows here.

He is not going to be on Raw every week if he's filming a movie. If he could do that, he would be here all year.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    It's not even just about the title. The title makes it worse, but it's bad anyway, because either way he'll be building to a huge WrestleMania match.
    I can brush that off. Build to a match until you're blue in the face. You're not always required to be there for a normal match. Itll be like last year, no biggie for me.

Now if he's holding gold ill flip. That title from January to March is all that matters to me. And I expect to see it every single week.

Don't be surprised if they find a way to vacate it so not having a Champion every week won't be a huge deal. I'd put money on that actually.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I can brush that off. Build to a match until you're blue in the face. You're not always required to be there for a normal match. Itll be like last year, no biggie for me.
    He was there for six straight weeks last year.

HAYZE

There really is no need for Rock to be champ at this point. He won't be a bigger star, the match won't be bigger either. So it's just a wasted title reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    He was there for six straight weeks last year.
    It was the last six going into the show right? I dont know why I remember it being every other.

I can live with it honestly, grudge matches can get away with stuff like that. I'm sure we'll be seeing the same thing with Brock as well.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Kevin Sorbo better have a cameo appearance!
    It's showtime, folks!

No I was just expecting him you know to actually be around.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

*Drops to knees*

RAAAAAAAAAAAAATNEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

I like seeing Rock when he's on but if he left for good tomorrow, I wouldn't care. It's really hard to care about someone who is only around for a few weeks a year.

Thread Information