Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YES!!! JBL back PERMANENTLY on commentary!

Default YES!!! JBL back PERMANENTLY on commentary!

He just posted this to Facebook:

Very happy WWE and I have worked out a deal for me to return on a full time basis. There came a need when my friend Jerry Lawler had a heart attack and was not able to work, however, I realized how much I enjoyed being back and this was the basis for my decision to return.

I truly love this business, one of my youngest memories as a kid was watching The Von Erich wrestling out of Dallas on Saturday nights. I missed being a part of it over the last few years.

I have been amazed at how hard these guys work, it is a pleasure to be calling their matches. And a pleasure to do homework on each guy so that I can do my part.

When I first had to retire it was the same as my first year coaching football at TVCC in Athens Texas-I was still too close to it to really enjoy the work. When I was coaching I was still playing in the World League so I had more desire to play than to just coach. My first commentary run I had just found out I was hurt and couldn't wrestle and my desire was to return to the ring. I was doing commentary thinking that I might be able to return one day.

I now just enjoy doing commentary, and no, have no desire to ever be in the ring again. I am in the best shape I have probably ever been in due to the mountain training, but a twisted knee, ankle or back and I lose my dream of the Seven Summits-not worth the risk to me and I had my time and I loved it. Commentary is where I want to be.

I will doing Smackdown with Josh Matthews. I have filled in on Main Event some but mainly when Miz has a large part in the show and can't do commentary.

Raw is 100% Jerry's. He and Michael are a great team, I enjoy listening to Jerry and there are no plans for a three man booth with me in it. I am happy on Smackdown.

It looks like I will be doing PPVs as a representative for the Smackdown brand as part of a three man booth with Cole and King.

I cannot say enough how impressed I am with Michael Cole, there is so much more to the commentary game now and he is the best I have seen. Josh prepares well and we don't have the sync that Michael and I have yet, but we will get there. Josh is fun to work with, I love when I get him so frustrated he throws his hands up in the air not knowing what I will say next. Michael and I had a year of commentary behind us already when I returned, Josh and I have only been doing it for a short time.

I don't know where Josh buys those horrible sweaters and gets that spiky haircut though.

And yes, I do have fun ribbing my old boss and Okie friend JR. It's all in good fun.

My weeks are very busy ( I travel out on Monday and back on Wednesday except PPV when I leave on Saturdays), I am training 3-5 hours a day for Mt Aconcagua in January and I am doing Fox Business or Fox News at least two shows a week. My main show is Cashin' In on Saturday mornings at 1130a et. I tape the Fox shows here in Bermuda normally.

I have the www.LayfieldReport.com (which I do with my brother) and my podcast and a YouTube WWE recap show I plan on starting this week. I also write for Fox Business when I have an interesting topic and time to cover it.

I also have my kids program (THE most important thing I have ever done) in Bermuda that I work with daily. I will land on Wednesday and go straight to the school, we started back up this week. Our coach Patrick Calow is making a huge difference in these kids lives with a ton of awesome volunteers.

www.SevenSummitsForKids.com is the place to keep up with the mountains I am climbing to raise money for our kids programs here in Bermuda.

I hope that answers all the questions. I'm happy to be back, I have realized in my time away that the place I really want to be is back with WWE and in this great business.
    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...d=194176253533

Default Re: YES!!! JBL back PERMANENTLY on commentary!

I love JBL

Great news. Now I just hope they keep JR on Raw with Cole and King, at least until the next time they go to OKC.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

If I'm not mistaken, outside of Rock, this has to be the best acquisition of the decade. But why waste him on SD?
    Last edited by 1-2-3 Kid; 11-07-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Great to hear. Love JBL, in the ring and at the table.

Holy crap I might actually start watching Smackdo-HAHAHA I can't even finish it.

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

Motherfucker.

Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

PRAISE BASED JIBBLES.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-3 Kid View Post
    But why waste him on SD?
    Because JBL is Smackdown. And he's the only commentator who has ever really tried to put the show over, as well as the talent in the ring.

Thank the Wrestling Gods for this! JBL be praised!

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

GREAT NEWS! I love me some JBL ion the mic and I was thrilled when he was filling in for Jerry. Honestly, I am never so happy then when he is doing commentary because he actually watches and makes educated and entertaining comments about the matches and wrestlers and tells the others where to stuff it when they aren't. I personally think he adds to the show instead of taking away as some tend to. I only wish he was doing commentary on RAW.

But really JBL?

I cannot say enough how impressed I am with Michael Cole, there is so much more to the commentary game now and he is the best I have seen.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

Awesome news, as I've enjoyed his return to the announce booth.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

I use to love Smackdown when JBL was on commentary. To me he's the best color commentator since the King back in the late 90's.

The fondest memories I have of JBL were when he metaphorically held down Michael Coles face on the commentators table and gouged his eye balls repeatantly with his Texas sized cock until all of Michael Coles facial orifices oozed out an over abundance of semen that would be medically dangerous for any man or beast to have inside that at one time all the while calling one hell of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Cunt View Post
    The fondest memories I have of JBL were when he metaphorically held down Michael Coles face on the commentators table and gouged his eye balls repeatantly with his Texas sized cock until all of Michael Coles facial orifices oozed out an over abundance of semen that would be medically dangerous for any man or beast to have inside that at one time all the while calling one hell of a match.
    Is it really impossible for you to make a point like this without using disturbing imagery?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Is it really impossible for you to make a point like this without using disturbing imagery?
    Yes.

I wish he could take use some time as PTP Financial Advisor also. He was great on commentary when they were burying Striker with The Penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    It's JPC dude, i'm just glad he had the decency to hold back a bit.

Super stoked to have JBL on Smackdown, that's where he will do the most good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

JBL Awesome!!!
    - Credit: Bender -

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

This news is great as JBL has been fantastic since he came back! Him and Josh make a great team on SD.

surrender

Banned

Was hoping he was replacing King. Really not looking forward to having to listen to him commentate again.

JBL is great on commentary, so I'm happy with this news.

Agreed that he and Josh make a very good team too.

Banner Credit: Bender

Eat. Sleep. Be John Cena. Repeat.

San Diego Chargers
    1-1

That is all.

Bender's Banner Shop of Freaks and Oddities
    NOW OPEN!

I loved it when Michael Cole he opened the show with JBL and he said 'I'm here along side my partner JBL' and JBL just goes 'I'm not your partner!' Classic
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Because JBL is Smackdown. And he's the only commentator who has ever really tried to put the show over, as well as the talent in the ring.

Thank the Wrestling Gods for this! JBL be praised!
    This is exactly what I was thinking. In my opinion JBL is synonomous with Smackdown. I've always loved JBL's commentary. He truly makes Smackdown the "A show".

Right now, I don't care what role JBL plays when he returns. By god, just bring him back!

Thread Information