Thread: Survivor Series Discussion Thread

Default Survivor Series Discussion Thread

The Card as it stands right now.

WWE Championship Triple Threat match

CM Punk (C) vs. John Cena vs. Ryback

World's Heavyweight Championship match

The Big Show (C) vs. Sheamus

Survivor Series Elimination Match

Team Ziggler (Dolph Ziggler, The Rhodes Scholars, Alberto Del Rio, & Wade Barrett)
    vs.
    Team Foley (Randy Orton, Team Hell No, Kofi Kingston, and partner TBA)

Now, the discussion.

First thing's first. CM Punk will not make it to one full year as Champion. As soon as I heard that Punk was off the Survivor Series match, I knew that they were going to put him in a match with Cena, and that he would lose the belt to him.

Damn shame too, but I guess they want to make sure Cena stays as the last Champion to hold it for a year or more.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Default Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread

Just goes to show how fucked up there booking system is. They have no idea what there doing anymore. We went from Foley/Punk & Ziggler/Cena straight to Punk/Cena/Ryback & Ziggler/Foley which is all a great big WTF!! Foley & Ziggler had nothing going for a fued so what the heck is the point of this?? I thinks we might be looking at The Miz joining this so cal Team Foley & possibly turning face. I just don't see Punk losing the belt till wrestlemania & I think they just hinted us on who he'll be defending against & who the Rumble winner could be - The Miz

As I said in the other thread, I'm not buying into your conspiracy theory. WWE is not going to book this based on a pointless statistic rather than a money match at the Rumble.

Sure, they've trolled fans before, but not with a match of this magnitude at stake. Punk was either going to lose it to Ryback or hold it until the Rumble. There is literally zero chance of Cena winning.

And I love CM Punk as much as the next guy, but the fact that that one extra day is so important to some people is funny to me. It's meaningless. He's still held it for long enough that nobody has any real right to bitch about the length of the reign, even if it ended tomorrow.

HAYZE

Cena is not going to win the. unfurtunetly....
    the only reason cena is in the match, is that CM Punk will have someone to pin!
    He is not going to pin Ryback again, screw job or not, Ryback will probably dominate both man most of the match, leading to the end, where Ryback is pushed out of the ring by Punk, Punk pining Cena, and Punk retains the WWE Title till the Rumble, losing to The Rock(again unfurtunetly)

I would like to see Cena vs. Punk in the wm29 main event, but if The Rock participate, he will be the main event, and it will be for the WWE title.

As I said in the party thread, I still don't see why they had Miz quit the team (not wanting to be associated with Punk) if they were going to change the match and remove Punk from the team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    As I said in the party thread, I still don't see why they had Miz quit the team (not wanting to be associated with Punk) if they were going to change the match and remove Punk from the team anyway.
    TBH I have no idea why they changed the whole card anyway.

SS looks like a dive ATM apart from Show Vs Sheamus.

I would have kept Ryback in Team Foley & had Punk Vs Cena for WWE Championship,

Thanks To Hayze

Banned

Khali will be Ryback's replacement.

Miz, I have no idea. Maybe Miz leads his own team in another Survivor Series match. Miz/Prime TIme Players/Three Man Band vs Rey/Cara/Ryder/Santino/(Gabriel, Brodus?)

Miz will probably get another rematch with Kofi, before Kofi moves on to feud with Maddox.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Banned

Kofi's on team Foley, so they'd have to get two new members.

The teams will probably change again before the PPV anyway. I knew Foley vs Punk was too good to be true.

This is going to be one of those cards that isn't decided until a day before the PPV, then changes two more times at the actual event.

The RTruth
    RT hates moving.

According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE reportedly changed the matches because they weren't happy with the way the Team Punk vs. Team Foley announcement came off last week and weren't happy with the buzz it was generating.

Actually its more like this.....

- WWE only arranged Team Foley v Team Punk as they didn't know if Cena would be cleared, now he is WWE programming will return to normal.

- Source JC91's brain.
    - Credit JV -
    My client Gus Poyet broke the streak!!!

hmmm well the annocement for The triple threat was no better. But i suppose again we are left in the dark about who will win.

Thanks To Hayze

Cena and Ryback destroy each other only for Punk to crawl over Cena and pick up the win to retain. Punk retains and Ryback remains looking strong.

or, Cena pins Punk and Ziggler cashes in on Cena.

However, I think Punk will win.

Ziggler can only cash-in on the WHC, so that can't happen.

I for one believe Punk will somehow pin Cena to win and then face Ryback one last time at TLC in a TLC Match where he will win without having to pin(or make him submit) Ryback.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    Ziggler can only cash-in on the WHC, so that can't happen.

Thank you! I didn't know that.

Nothing has changed for Punk. He will still walk out of Survivor Series the champ. Every single pay per view except Rumble, people thought he might lose it.

Elimination Chamber: Some thought Jericho would sneak a win and drop it back at Mania.
    Wrestlemania: Jericho might swerve us and cheat to win and drop it back in Chicago at Extreme Rules.
    Extreme Rules: Jericho would swerve us yet again by winning the belt in Punk's hometown.
    Over the Limit/No Way Out/MITB: Lots of people thought Bryan would take it from Punk at some point and lose it back, especially at No Way Out by pinning Kane instead of Punk. Not as many thought so at Money in the Bank, but a few still held out hope.
    Summerslam: Either Cena might win it and lose it back in Boston or Big Show might win it in a swerve.
    Night of Champions: The buzz got really wild here, being in Cena's hometown of Boston. Could have gone either way, but instead ended in a draw.
    Hell in a Cell: Same thing here. Ryback had buzz and some blew it way out of proportion and thought his winning steak was all-important, but Punk proved otherwise.
    Survivor Series: And now the same thing here. Cena's in the match, therefore he might win it. Or Ryback will again. What is silly about this is that both men already had the opportunity to win it at the last 2 pay per views, so why people would think either would win it here is rather confusing. But whatever.

Thread Information