Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryback is the next big thing

Default Ryback is the next big thing

After tonight, seeing that stare down with Cena. The crowd going crazy for him, I can't see why not. He has the "It" factor, he's mega over right now. He can clearly be the number 1 guy in the company by WrestleMania 30. Honestly that stare down would be a good early tease for WrestleMania 30. Infact, I would love to see Ryback beat Heel Cena to combine the WHC and WWE title at WM30. They could combine the titles and call it the WWE worldheavyweight championship and start the new era as Ryback as the top guy while Cena starts slowly going away.
    Spoiler

Default Re: Ryback is the next big thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme View Post
    After tonight, seeing that stare down with Cena. The crowd going crazy for him, I can't see why not. He has the "It" factor, he's mega over right now. He can clearly be the number 1 guy in the company by WrestleMania 30. Honestly that stare down would be a good early tease for WrestleMania 30. Infact, I would love to see Ryback beat Heel Cena to combine the WHC and WWE title at WM30. They could combine the titles and call it the WWE worldheavyweight championship and start the new era as Ryback as the top guy while Cena starts slowly going away.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

No promo skills, no character depth, can't really WORK.. They will push Ryback, then they will go back to the status quo after he cools off and people tire of him.. Hes a 1-2 year type character.. Not a character for longevity

He is never going to be The Next Big Thing they screwed themself with that at HIAC. He is going to be a huge face and can be plugged in when John needs time off.

Nice. Anways, why not? He doesn't need to be a guy who talks much, people just want to see him kick ass. Again, he is way over. I've seen a lot of guys in WWE/TNA try to do the whole Goldberg gimmick and it just didn't look right for them doing it. Ryback has the look that is believable. I seriously don't see why people can't see this. Not everyone has to be a Cena/Punk/Jeff Hardy to be the top guys..
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    He is never going to be The Next Big Thing they screwed themself with that at HIAC. He is going to be a huge face and can be plugged in when John needs time off.
    I was one that said it was the right move to have Punk go over, but I agree with this IF Ryback doesn't go over at Survivor Series in that triple threat.

I don't think it is wise for this guy to be choking TWICE in a row and be in there with CM Punk and Cena. Ryback should be screwed out of title defenses and then win The Rumble and get his "deserved" title shot at Mania.

The company is risking him looking like a choker and its ironic because this was a problem for Jericho in 2001 that got turned into a storyline. It did him no good when he finally won the wcw title and then the undisputed title. The same as Lex Luger in 1993 at SummerSlam.

Unless Ryback pins Cena or Punk and becomes champion at Survivor Series.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Ryback has two chants "feed me more" and "goldberg". Daniel Bryan and Kane would be more entertaining as WWE champion than him.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    Cena fan for LIFE

How is it choking if the first time he gets screwed by a ref and the second time, let's say they do a replay of the Summerslam triple threat?

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm still good. The usual "EVERYTHING IS AWFUL" crowd is typically unsatisfied.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

They need to take care of Ryback

I don't actually think he should be WWE Champion. I believe he should be built towards becoming the next World Heavyweight Champion for a few reasons.

He isn't ready to play with the big dogs when they come around in the next couple of months such as Rock and Brock Lesnar, but he can be underneath them as someone for them to look out for. Ryback as champion against The Rock is a big no no imo. Your going to kill him right out the gate within a month and change as champion and it will be a worse scenario than him jobbing out back to back looking like a choker.

Either Big Show or Sheamus are most likely going to be the World Heavyweight Champion at WM from where I'm sitting with analysis. Ryback against either one of those two and winning I believe the fans would swallow much more easier and want to get behind than having him go after someone like The Rock or John Cena or Brock Lesnar at Mania in a title match.

There is money in the chase for Ryback since he is so new to casuals that his name would grow having him win The Rumble more and then being seen as a headliner along with the likes of Rock, Cena, UT, HHH, and Brock Lesnar. It would give him some legitimacy with some fans since they see him "working his way to the top".

The problem I see now is him getting labelled as a choker when in there with the top dogs at Survivor Series although I know the casuals seen him get screwed because of a crooked referee. He still lost though and even the greats overcome odds put against them when they are suppose to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    How is it choking if the first time he gets screwed by a ref and the second time, let's say they do a replay of the Summerslam triple threat?
    Because of the gimmick he has that is getting comparisons to legendary power house superstars like Ultimate Warrior and Bill Goldberg. Those guys DIDN'T choke when the time came for them to deliver when put into title matches right off the bat.

The fans are still going to compare him to those guys which is unfair to him, but it's just what has happened to him. It is also good that fans see similarities which means they see potential for him to be someone of that nature. The fans are invested in him right now and if not done carefully we could get another Renegade or fake Diesel/Razor scenario where it is talked about for a couple months and then it fizzles out. The more knowledgeable fans understand where his weaknesses may come back to haunt him long term.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 11-05-2012 at 11:47 PM.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I think Ryback should win. However, I just can't see WWE doing this. Ryback vs Rock at the Royal Rumble? I just can't imagine that happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Morrison_mark View Post
    I think Ryback should win. However, I just can't see WWE doing this. Ryback vs Rock at the Royal Rumble? I just can't imagine that happening right now.
    Honestly, I actually wouldn't mind it being Ryback to lie down for Rock than Punk. Rock's win would be just as meaningful and pointless. One could say that it hurt the credibility of the WWE title, but with the idea of the title even being around Ryback's waist, it' can't get any more hurt.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    Cena fan for LIFE

Of course, the company could get out of it creatively by having the general manager not give The Rock the title shot saying he needs to earn it. In wwe universe The Rock only came out and challenged Punk for Royal Rumble and the title, but nobody in power actually made the match official.

Someone stated that maybe Vickie throws Rock out the title match and into the Rumble itself which could also work.

Then the question begs who does Ryback face at The Rumble AND WrestleMania?

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Honestly, I actually wouldn't mind it being Ryback to lie down for Rock than Punk. Rock's win would be just as meaningful and pointless. One could say that it hurt the credibility of the WWE title, but with the idea of the title even being around Ryback's waist, it' can't get any more hurt.
    I really don't see how The Rock becoming champ hurts the WWE Title's credibility when Rock's last match he BEAT the #1 contender John Cena(Ryback only got the title match because Cena couldn't compete).

The Rock is also one of the greatest WWF/E Champions in history who is not a dinosaur like say Ric Flair winning the WWE title would look.

The Rock would do wonders for the mainstream appeal of the WWE Title imo.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I'd love to see Ryback take on Lesnar. However, we all know Trips needs the rub at Wrestlemania more from Lesnar....

Banned

The sad thing is, I can actually see Ryback winning. Which isn't really sad, because they'd be making a new star and I don't mind Ryback (although I'm not a huge fan either) but I was actually looking forward to The Rock/Punk at the Rumble. But the fact that I can't see them having Punk sneak a victory from Ryback twice, combined with it being exactly one year since Punk's title win, makes me think Punk is losing the belt at Survivor Series.

Still don't see that much in him.

Good look, throws a mean lariat and that's where it ends for me. Would be more generous if he was as green as say Goldberg was in early '98 and showed the potential he did but the reality is Ryan Reeves has been apart of the system for 8 years and this is as far as he's gone. He gets exposed anytime he has to sell, his finisher still needs work and there's word that most of the guys in the company don't want to work with the guy.

I don't think he's going to lead a new era, I certainly don't think BROCK should be wasted on him and I honestly think he has a very small shelf life.

That Hell in the Cell match was the tipping point for me.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Ryback has the potential to be the top guy. He doesn't need promos. Goldberg never did.
    Last edited by Atomic stunner; 11-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.

I see him breaking Kanes record at the RR. But as far as survivor series goes, Cena should take the pin from Punk. Again thou WWE have shot them selfs in the foot with this match.

Thanks To Hayze

Too early to tell in my opinion.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Brock Lesnar was awesome, Ryback not so much.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    They need to take care of Ryback
    This.

Also, I don't see Ryback walking out of the Series with the title. Where would they go with his build up after that? Would begin to fizzle imo as his in-ring work is lacking atm. I don't think the SS triple threat match will end clean and that Punk will retain. That is to say that I think Punk will win by pinning Cena or due to interference or some other shenanigan.

I will put him along the lines of an Ultimate Warrior type gimmick.

It'll be short and sweet.

Most Hate cheap finishes to title matches in PPV's however, I see no reason why a cheap finish isn't in order here as Ryback is a wildcard whom needs to be protected from the "choke" perception mentioned earlier. Rybacks build is currently working and of course they need to capitalize on it. Giving him the strap now kills the push imo as he isn't ready and it will become apparent. Having him chase the title while appearing monstrously strong is the route they should take.

As for the next big thing? I like the guy. He grows on you and the chant... When the crowd is into it, is phenominal. That said, his in-ring skill and more importantly his in-ring presence, is lacking. Of course I am drawing comparisons to Goldberg/Nikita koloff's natural intensity and presence.

The Goldberg/Warrior comparisons are fair as they are all iterations of LOD (in the case with Warrior) and Nikita Koloff respectively. The thing is, Warrior and Goldberg had Hogan around to do the job for them... At this point, Punk nor Cena are iconic enough to do the job and cement Ryback. It would have to be either of HBK, Rock or dare I say... Taker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake The Snake View Post
    As for the next big thing? I like the guy. He grows on you and the chant... When the crowd is into it, is phenominal. That said, his in-ring skill and more importantly his in-ring presence, is lacking. Of course I am drawing comparisons to Goldberg/Nikita koloff's natural intensity and presence.

The Goldberg/Warrior comparisons are fair as they are all iterations of LOD (in the case with Warrior) and Nikita Koloff respectively. The thing is, Warrior and Goldberg had Hogan around to do the job for them... At this point, Punk nor Cena are iconic enough to do the job and cement Ryback. It would have to be either of HBK, Rock or dare I say... Taker.
    They have been slightly hinting at a Ryback/Taker match.

Thanks To Hayze

Thread Information