Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is The Miz the best mic worker in the WWE?

Banned

Default Is The Miz the best mic worker in the WWE?

After watching the Miz TV segment on this past Smackdown, I certainly think so. I think the man is mediocre at best in the ring, but on the mic he is stupendous. And yeah, I know Punk is a great mic worker and I know Cena has his moments. But right now, the most consistently entertaining and interesting guy on the mic is none other than the Miz.

Really.

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

Default Re: Is The Miz the best mic worker in the WWE?

I think he is when it comes to getting over a traditional wrestling storyline. When realism gets brought into it and it starts to get shooty, Punk is better. If you're talking about just a regular feud like the one with Kofi, I think Miz is the best.

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

I don't like him but it's hard to look past Punk when it comes to the best promo guy in the company.

I do enjoy Miz on the mic though.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Summer of Punk View Post
    I think he is when it comes to getting over a traditional wrestling storyline. When realism gets brought into it and it starts to get shooty, Punk is better. If you're talking about just a regular feud like the one with Kofi, I think Miz is the best.
    I like the very occasional splash of shoot, but too much can detract and distract from a storyline. I know Punk enjoys throwing in shoot elements, and he's good at it because his attitude comes through full blast when he does so, but I think he gets a bit self-indulgent with it.

Miz is definitely the best at conveying a storyline on the mic. The way he traced the Big Show defeating Sheamus to him winning Survivor Series for Big Johnny was masterful.

Banned

100% with Nitro. Miz is absolutely best on the mic, I do think he should become the social correspondence for WWE, just represent the company in all events like award shows. talk shows, movie premiers. CM Punk is hit and miss; his promos get really annoying at times but some are really good. But Miz is more presentable to society.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Miz is one of the best today on the mic, not THE best though. Punk is clear cut ahead, Bryan/Cena (when non-over-the-top-PG)/Dolph are on level ground with him.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Banned

Agreed, Ezekiel. The Miz should be featured as the WWE's social ambassador. And he needs to be groomed for a future announcer role.

Main Event, Dolph isn't near Miz on the mic. Bryan is darn good and has come a long, long way, but compared to Miz he's somewhat limited; I'd like to see what he can do on the mic beyond his current anger management gimmick. I haven't enjoyed a Cena promo in a long time. Only Punk is shoulder to shoulder with Miz on the stick right now.

Banned

I am also very excited to see Miz work the mic as a face, especially because his catchphrase is so god damn catchy and it can be huge. I find Bryan entertaining on the mic in one niche and Ziggler is just bland without Vickie.

Punk falls into the trap of getting repetetive. He did it when he became Shooty McGee, he's doing it now by turning into Heel HHH Circa 2012. He's good, but, yeah, repetitive.

Cena can be good, but often deteriorates into FITS OF SHOUTING TO GET HIS POINT ACROSS BECAUSE HE NEVER BACKS DOWN, NEVER GIVES UP, THE CHAMP IS HERE GOD FUCK DAMMIT!!!

Miz gets over what needs to be gotten over, and does it consistently. So, yeah, consistently, he's better, but when Punk and Cena and even Bryan are on, they are better than Miz.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Agreed, Ezekiel. The Miz should be featured as the WWE's social ambassador. And he needs to be groomed for a future announcer role.

Main Event, Dolph isn't near Miz on the mic. Bryan is darn good and has come a long, long way, but compared to Miz he's somewhat limited; I'd like to see what he can do on the mic beyond his current anger management gimmick. I haven't enjoyed a Cena promo in a long time. Only Punk is shoulder to shoulder with Miz on the stick right now.

Miz pretty much is the company's #2 as an ambassador, behind Cena.

Dolph has rarely gotten a chance to show off (pun intended) his mic skills on his own without being Vickie's puppet, unless you count his web show which I find him to be highly entertaining in.

Bryan can make any segment golden. He can do it with serious style (see NXT when he was calling out Michael Cole and Miz), he can do it with heelish comedy, he can do it goofy, give him a mic, it will be good.

Cena CAN be very good on the mic, he just ruins it by playing up to the kids. But his stuff with Rock, some of his stuff with Punk, they have been damn good promos.

CM Punk is the BEST IN THE WORLD in the WWE in terms of promo cutting with John Cena trailing a close second when he gets serious instead of playing up to the kids. The Rock would be if he were a full time wrestler again. Miz can be good but he's not in the same league as Punk or Cena when they get serious.
    http://www.wrestlingforum.com
    www.wrestleweek.com
    http://community.theblackvault.com/

( ಠ_ಠ) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

A resounding no from me. Miz is fantastic with a mic in his hand, but when you think about guys at their best, Punk, Bryan, and Cena are ahead of him. I will agree he is more consistent than most guys. But not more than Punk in my opinion.

Punk can be shooty, yes, but I dont have a problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned

Punk is overrated in the ring and on the mic. The promos that were stand out had very edgy content to begin with. For example, Miz cutting a shoot promo on JBL and all the shit he had to endure was just as good as Punk's original pipebomb. Punk comes off like he is bitching too much but Miz doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Punk is overrated in the ring and on the mic. The promos that were stand out had very edgy content to begin with. For example, Miz cutting a shoot promo on JBL and all the shit he had to endure was just as good as Punk's original pipebomb. Punk comes off like he is bitching too much but Miz doesn't.
    You put up Miz's best against Punk's most talked about, but not his best (his better work was 2 weeks after -contract signing-, "Snake in the Ice", belittling the fans during his Raven feud).

Miz has had great promos, the one you mention, his post-MITB promo is another. But Punk for the better part of a decade has cut some of the more impressive promos in wrestling history.

And this is coming from possibly the biggest Miz fan on this site. He's top 5, quite possibly top 3, but not the best.

Miz is definitely in the top 5, but he doesn't come close to touching Punk. Punk's recent exchanges with Bret, Foley, JR and Vince were on a different planet to anything I've seen from The Miz.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Punk is Piper-tier. The only guy of his generation who could have touched him was Larry Sweeney, may he rest in peace.

As one of Miz's biggest fans I can comfortably say he's not the best on the mic, he's definitely up there, i'd say a top 3 mic guy but not #1

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 4 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest MachoWarrior

Send me a list of your top 25 seasons of television, deadline is after Raw finishes on the 24th

I'm probably in the minority here but I think Daniel Bryan is a top promo cutter in the WWE. He sounds natural and knows when to put emotion in his promos. His promo on Michael Cole is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Gang View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I think Daniel Bryan is a top promo cutter in the WWE. He sounds natural and knows when to put emotion in his promos. His promo on Michael Cole is one of my favorites.

Not alone, I made the case as well, cited this exact promo too

Banned

I do agree Daniel does have a natural laid back promo style I like that although he can be a little too generic especially as a face. I just see Punk as that kid in highschool who thinks he is too cool for school and yells about everything being a conspiracy theory because he does not fit in. Makes him come off desperate and like a loser.

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Miz is certainly one of the best on the mic in the WWE today, but to say that he is THE BEST is a bit to much.....

Punk & Cena are definitely way ahead of him, I think he isn't even better than DB to be honest, although I think they are close...
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Not alone, I made the case as well, cited this exact promo too
    lol Sorry about that. But yeah. Nice to see someone else agree with me about Daniel Bryan's mic work. I also like that promo he cut after he was eliminated from NXT. Great stuff.

lol Sorry about that. But yeah. Nice to see someone else agree with me about Daniel Bryan's mic work. I also like that promo he cut after he was eliminated from NXT. Great stuff.
    It showed that he can be serious without question. His goofy stuff is outstanding, but those promos got him some credibility to fans that didn't know of his work before WWE (which is a shame).

I'll go ahead and toss Vince Mcmahons name in there as someone who I think is far superior on the mic than Miz is. I know he isn't a wrestler, but he's spent more time involved in big time storylines than almost anybody in the company.

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Punk is the best mic worker in the company, and no I'm not saying his because I'm a Punk fan....

Every time Punk has a mic I get unbelievably excited...
    Hell...the only thing that is interesting on Raw these days is Punk promos and Team Hell No segments.
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Thread Information