Thread: The Boss should be canned?

Default The Boss should be canned?

WOW! It has come down to the wrestling world contemplating that the boss of all bosses should go?

Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Default Re: The Boss should be canned?

Yes The Boss should go, I complimented Hogan and he didnt rep me.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Like I said yesterday PW shouldn't limit how many reps you can give. A lot of people didn't get reps from me because I was "over my limit".

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

In both cases, yes.

Damn, thought you meant the poster, not that I care either way. And no to the real Vince, he just needs to shape up and start doing his job better.

Gewirtz being gone is indeed a big deal. But Gewirtz didn't write to be effective. He wrote to please the boss. Those things are not the same. Putting someone else in that spot doesn't fix that problem.

At the same time, the boss to this day has fundamental understandings of certain things that I worry HHH won't. So the boss stepping aside would help the company in some major ways. Just as stepping aside would hurt the company in some major ways.

But I think he's the problem in Creative, more than anyone on the writing team. He's also probably the only guy who's smart enough to turn things around.

So there you go.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 11-05-2012 at 12:07 PM.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I think Trips will excel at scouting talent cuz he's a wrestler himself and is passionate about it. If he chooses to put his friends or personal picks over is still a question, guess we'll see. But does he have that ability to make stars out of them like Vince has for 30 years? And he will always be compared to Vince, so would anyone else. You can't do what Vince has done and not expect the comparison. He's the Hulk Hogan of promotors, and look at how people still view Hogan after all these years. Thing is, Vince has been untouchable for decades among promoters in this business, so Vince not being around is really weird to think about. I'm not even sure I like the idea of WWE without Vince.

I do like that HHH being a wrestler who is passionate about the business could be the heir apparent. I would much rather it be in his hands than a Hollywood writer or someone like Vince Russo(he stated one time he didn't care about heel/face dynamics as long as he got ratings* in relation to booking Venis/Goldust feud with both as heels).

The Hogan comparison is valid and ironic as I believe both men are responsible for the empire that the emperor now rules with an iron fist. I also subconsciously think the boss also wanted to the business model to become more about the head of the family than about anyone else. No problem with that, but there is negatives to it.

It also creates a situation of the staff being seen as more important and less interchangeable than the talent roster, but it is obviously not the case.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I have yet to see any wrestling company not under the guiding hand of Vince McMahon hold my attention for any amount of time, save Chikara and a few years of Ring of Honor. Just sayin'.

It would have been nice to see the guiding hand used to bring wcw back from the ashes. The bragging would be to no ends that the boss took Turner's company and made it even bigger than Turner ever imagined.

Of course the boss is human and didn't want that company ever coming back to its former greatness. It would have been epic if wcw and ecw rose back to prominence as the wwf did in the late 90's under the boss.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I miss having more than one great company to watch. I don't care about TNA or ROH or any of the foreign wrestling companies. WWE is all that remains for me. Maybe one day, probably after Vince after gone, someone will rise up and be successful. Wishful thinking probably.

Banned

Not that I like everything Vince or the WWF/E does or has ever done, but it is the only wrestling company to hold my attention constantly throughout the years. I like a lot of WCW (mainly in the late 90's) but we saw what happened to that company even after it rose to greatness with the NWO angle. Never cared for ECW, although Paul Heyman is very creative, and I think if he was given full creative control of TNA (like he was nearly given in 2010), he would have done a lot for that company.

I personally wish there would be a brand new person to come along (someone at least close to Vince's level as far as having a great mind for wrestling) and take over TNA or something and make it successful and competitive for the WWE. I know it's mainly wishful thinking but people like McMahon and Bischoff and Heyman didn't always exist either, so it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    WOW! It has come down to the wrestling world contemplating that the boss of all bosses should go?
    Why?
    Is the company losing money?
    Are Superstars walking out in protest?
    Is he having sex with all the Divas again?

If not, then I vote 4 more years for Vince McMahon.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic stunner View Post
    Why?
    Is the company losing money?
    Are Superstars walking out in protest?
    Is he having sex with all the Divas again?

If not, then I vote 4 more years for Vince McMahon.
    No just certain "critics" and fans who have forgotten or didn't live through the dark ages of 93-96 when the company had way more problems from talent jumping, steroid and sex scandal, losing its SNME deal with NBC, wcw becoming much more viable competition, and oh yeah the boss almost being sent to prison

I think the current problems will be handled

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Thread Information