Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "WWE Product"

Default "WWE Product"

OK. I get it. There are people out there who will defend WWE no matter how bad it is just like there are people who will vote for Obama no matter how bad he is. But will you stop calling it "wrestling"? Even Vince hates that term. In fact Vince barely even uses the term "sports entertainment" anymore because it sounds too much like sport/wrestling. I propose that from now on we just refer to it as "WWE Product". There really is no other way to describe it. Vince says it's not wrestling, wrestling fans say it's not wrestling. So why don't the people who supposedly support it agree?

"WWE Product". That's what it should be called.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Default Re: "WWE Product"

Nah, that's cool. I'll vote for Obama and call WWE pro wrestling. Thanks for trying to condescend, though.

I could careless about what Vince think's of the term "wrestling", to me that's what it's always been since I started watching (89) and it's what it will always be to me.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Two questions. Well, make that three.

1) Why does this thread exist?
    2) Why did you mention Obama?
    3) Why should we care what you think of the nomenclature of WWE's product?

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Two questions. Well, make that three.

1) Why does this thread exist?
    2) Why did you mention Obama?
    3) Why should we care what you think of the nomenclature of WWE's product?
    Good. That's one. Who else will start calling it "WWE Product"?

Banned

What does that even mean?

I think my mathematical skills are just fine. I said, and I quote, "Two questions. Well, make that three." And then I asked three questions. See? Like the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop. A-one, a-two, a-three.

Now, please explain to me why this thread exists, why you're baiting people with your Obama comment, and why we should care what you think. Pretty please?

Also, "WWE's product" is a term I've been using for years, and is significantly different from what you're suggesting ("WWE Product"). While I'm "learning" math, perhaps you should study up on your English? (Nice job editing away your comment, bee tee dub.)
    Last edited by DC; 10-31-2012 at 04:41 PM.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

Because something something HOLLYWOOD HOMELESS HOGAN something something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    I could careless about what Vince think's of the term "wrestling", to me that's what it's always been since I started watching (89) and it's what it will always be to me.
    It's not just what he thinks of the term, but his product isn't even pro wrestling anymore. It's overly scripted material that is written by hollywood writers. Nothing is called in the ring anymore and no one plays to the crowd. In fact the only thing that seems to matter in the "matches" is the entrance and the finish. The fans barely even pay attention to the "match" and spend more time texting.

In pro wrestling the majority of the match is called in the ring and the match is determined by the responce of the fans. In "WWE Product" every step is written before hand (even how many steps they take before tuning their head in their entrance) and it is followed to the letter regardless if the fans are into it or not.

So again. It's not wrestling, it's just "WWE Product".

When I read "WWE Product" I think meth packaged in a WWE logo baggy (baggie?).

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

2 questions

1: Why should we start using your term for Wrestling.

2: How did you manage to slip Obama in there, and leave out HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN?

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    2 questions

1: Why should we start using your term for Wrestling.
    I answered that one already. Twice in fact. But to put it short... to respect the sport of Pro Wrestling.

2: How did you manage to slip Obama in there, and leave out HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN?
    I didn't mention HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN because this thread is not about TNA or Pro Wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Boss View Post
    I answered that one already. Twice in fact. But to put it short... to respect the sport of Pro Wrestling.

I didn't mention HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN because this thread is not about TNA or Pro Wrestling.

So it has to do with Obama but not Hogan? Got it!

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Its a hard to get a grip on the product, i've tried. No hate but WWE has lost its touch i think.....

I know some would disagree....But you take an average person, never watching wrestling....never heard of WWF, WCW, TNA.....you sit them down to watch an episode of Raw, and an episode of Impact wrestling.....And i guarantee that person would think Raw is the newer show and company still trying to make a name for themselves....Its just sloppy and unorganized...

lol Again reminds me of WCW before they shut down...

I've tried to be a fan and get some kind of grip on they're "product"...but its hard....

Guys like Punk and Cena are over-pushed.....

Jim Ross is the most annoying anouncer maybe of all time, which doesn't help the current product..

And storyline wise, they continue to copy from TNA, and not just the recent "love affair" angle with AJ and Cena..

Quote Originally Posted by Bristowj View Post
    Its a hard to get a grip on the product, i've tried. No hate but WWE has lost its touch i think.....

I know some would disagree....But you take an average person, never watching wrestling....never heard of WWF, WCW, TNA.....you sit them down to watch an episode of Raw, and an episode of Impact wrestling.....And i guarantee that person would think Raw is the newer show and company still trying to make a name for themselves....Its just sloppy and unorganized...

lol Again reminds me of WCW before they shut down...

I've tried to be a fan and get some kind of grip on they're "product"...but its hard....

Guys like Punk and Cena are over-pushed.....

Jim Ross is the most annoying anouncer maybe of all time, which doesn't help the current product..

And storyline wise, they continue to copy from TNA, and not just the recent "love affair" angle with AJ and Cena..
    Make a video and put it on YouTube and link it here. I wanna see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Why do I keep coming back to the WWE section of PW? Can anyone give me one good reason why I keep putting myself through this?

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    Why do I keep coming back to the WWE section of PW? Can anyone give me one good reason why I keep putting myself through this?
    It's fun. Like watching Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant let Karl Pilkington talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    Because you like to complain about everything in this part of PW.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    It's fun. Like watching Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant let Karl Pilkington talk.
    Bwahahhaahahahahah! True gold.

I gotta spread some more rep around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristowj View Post

Taz says hello..

As I said in another thread, TNA is the one who uses WWE for their storylines and mentions them all the time. A lot of their material is based on WWE history. They even had an entire angle based around Hulk's WWE Hall of Fame ring...

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    As I said in another thread, TNA is the one who uses WWE for their storylines and mentions them all the time. A lot of their material is based on WWE history. They even had an entire angle based around Hulk's WWE Hall of Fame ring...
    So? HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN is a Hall of Famer and he was in TNA at the time. How is that any different to WWE recognizing Flair as a 16 time World champion when he only held two in WWE?

Banned

Why does WWE copying TNA ONE TIME suddenly mean every WWE storyline ever is a direct ripoff of TNA?

AND WHAT THE FUCK DOES OBAMA HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!

So? HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN is a Hall of Famer and he was in TNA at the time. How is that any different to WWE recognizing Flair as a 16 time World champion when he only held two in WWE?
    The angle was based around his WWE hall of fame ring. Why promote WWE's HOF?

surrender

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Ricky and Steve are cunts, but I agree, Karl is hilarious. This is just sad.

WWE owned WCW where most of Rics title wins happened, so, yeah, of course they would bring it up.

Does TNA own WWE's Hall of Fame?

R.I.P. Warrior

Thread Information