Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop bloody moaning!

Default Stop bloody moaning!

So in the past year or so I have really got back in to wrestling after a few years out, and I really enjoy reading some of the gossip and thoughts of people who watch it a lot more than me and have a great knowledge of wrestling as a whole.

But my god will you guys stop complaining about it, if you don't like it don't watch it. I'm tired of hearing how raw is to long , this wrestler is under utilised, this one is pushed to much or did you see when this guy made one mistake in a match and now he is the worst guy ever or they botched that finish and how can he be involved in a story with him when such and such is not doing much blah blah blah blah

IT'S REALLY BORING

So I want to hear what is good about the wwe today what do you enjoy?

Positive remarks only please:-)

Default Re: Stop bloody moaning!

The overall quality of wrestling today is better than ever. Matches have the time and the talent are on average far better wrestlers.

Daniel Bryan is rad, CM Punk is pretty boss, Ryback is interesting and the tag team division is on the rise. Also having Heyman around is always fun. The man is the quintessential manager he improves all the segments he's a part of without overshadowing the star he manages.

Here, here! I completely agree.

I'm enjoying the non-compliance of the brand extension. I was just a casual fan pre-2004, maybe watched 3 or 4 wrestling events a year, but since 2004, with the exception of half of 2005 and most of 2009, most of the WWE exposure I've had has been post-brand extension. Overall I'm enjoying more these days seeing storylines start on Monday on RAW and then continue on SmackDown, or even on Main Event.

I am LOVING how WWE (well, Triple H) have restructured developmental as NXT and that they air it on TV/Hulu. It's the most consistent wrestling show on TV today. They use a simple formula and it works. Well done WWE.

I'm excited about the developmental talent. Seth Rollins, Cassius Ohno, Richy Steamboat, Roman Reigns, Jake Carter, Bo Dallas, Bray Wyatt, Corey Graves, Dean Ambrose are all great. The Divas...PAIGE!!!! And Emma, Natalie, Summer Rae, Audrey - VERY confident about the future of the Divas.

I'm enjoying WWE finally acknowledging the tag team division has had problems and that they're working on it. Similar with the Divas, IC and US Title pictures. They're making a conscious effort to have an active feud for each title at all times, even if it's just minor.

I love how WWE.com is affiliated with creative and they actually work on articles and stories that have meaning and help further push talent. I enjoy the web shows on YouTube and the PPV pre-shows. Feels like the Sunday Night Heat shows they used to have before PPVs but updated for the current generation, i.e. they're online instead of on some cable channel.

I'm excited at the prospect of the WWE Network, even though I'll probably never have access to it, it should provide some good shows that will be released on DVD/pirated.

I'm excited that WWE are trying to create new stars like Ryback, Sandow, Cesaro, etc.

I like that WWE are tackling social issues like cancer and bullying. They're recognizing that Superstars aren't just entertainers, they're role models too.

Yes, there is MUCH to complain and bitch about - but don't forget all the good stuff. Chillax people!

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

For some reason WWE has ticked me off more than usual this year.

I think it started with the underwhelming build to Mania, peaked with Rock going over and the endless Johnny Ace saga, and has continued with the absurdness of the "WWE Title matters but not the guy holding it" Punk storyline and now this Cena/Vickie garbage. Along with the annoying trend of too many filler matches on pay-per-view.

But now that that's out of the way, there has certainly been some good. Starting with the in-ring product being at its best in perhaps years. It's ridiculous how many Match of the Year candidates there are this year. I personally would go with either End of an Era or Punk vs. Cena at Night of Champions, but I couldn't fault anyone for picking, say, Punk vs. Bryan from Money in the Bank, or Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena from Extreme Rules as theirs.

I think the three hours has largely been fine. It only drags when the show is bad, which is the case with any show, no matter how long it is. It has also allowed more time for wrestling, the lack of which has always been a complaint from people regarding Raw.

Save from a few very poor booking decisions, specifically that one at the end, WrestleMania XXVIII was a great show. There was not a bad match on the whole card, which is something one cannot often say about a Mania, and all the big matches delivered reasonably well.

Raw 1000 was a real treat that reminded me why I love wrestling so much. Three hours of pure nostalgic fun. From the amazing video package at the beginning (which is now my favorite package WWE has ever produced), to the goosebumps I got when Vince came out to a standing ovation, to the full DX reunion, to Rock being in vintage form, to Lita kicking ass, to Stephanie McMahon owning Paul Heyman like the bitch we all know and love (and looking hot doing it), to the awesome Brothers of Destruction reunion... the list goes on. Just great stuff all the way through.

The renewed focus on the lesser divisions as of late has been fantastic. There is actually a real tag team division again, highlighted by perhaps the most entertaining team since Edge and Christian. The divas roster has continued to thin with the departures of the Bellas, Kelly, and Beth, but hey, at least they have a storyline right now. Even the IC division has had a nice little feud with Kofi and Miz.

The commentary situation right now is as close to a dream set of teams as I could ever put together. Michael Cole finally being a face again is a huge positive, as I think it has reminded people that this guy is still a fantastic announcer when he's not forced to play a gimmick. We still have JBL holding down the fort as the heel guy on SmackDown, and he does a damn good job with it. Mathews remains a quality PBP man, and Jim Ross has grown into his new role as the color guy as well as you would expect.

With all that said, many people are understandably not overly thrilled about the imminent return of The King, who is easily a worse announcer in 2012 than any of the aforementioned. But I think the way that whole situation played out was certainly an enormous positive. Knowing that the man came within minutes of death and is now making a full recovery is amazing. I remember being bored with that episode of Raw, going to take a shower, and coming back to learn that Jerry Lawler had a heart attack. It was mind boggling at first, and then became very scary very quickly as it became apparent how serious this was. Thank god for Michael Sampson and the rest of the recovery team, they did an amazing job and saved the life of a pro wrestling legend.

Finally, three people come to mind when you think about the MVPs of 2012. No, John Cena is not one of them, as I think this has been his worst year in quite a while, booking wise and creatively. It's not the guy's fault that they give him shit material to work with and make him lose way more than he should, not to mention the Rock win continuing to have a negative effect on the product, as you could connect the apparent need for Cena to go over next year with Punk's stupid heel turn and Ryback losing at Hell in a Cell. But I digress, this is supposed to be a positive thread.

Anyway, the three co-MVPs. The first one is CM Punk.

While I disagreed with the heel turn when it happened, and my feelings on that have not changed, he's worked with whatever he's been given this year and has been one of the most consistently entertaining performers on the roster. I do wish that, instead of going the other way and making him a heel again, they had given Punk a real chance to be Cena's near equal by letting him headline some shows. Obviously Cena was going to headline WrestleMania, and I can give them a pass on Extreme Rules because it was Lesnar, but there was no good reason why Punk could not have main evented at least one of Over the Limit, No Way Out, and especially Money in the Bank.

But even though Punk hasn't been closing shows until recently, he's still been delivering so consistently, both in his promos and matches. His stuff in the first half of the year with Jericho and AJ was really great. He's had great matches with Jericho, Bryan, Cena, and a few others, many of which are MOTY candidates. Not much more one could say, other than the fact that there is a legitimate argument for CM Punk being the best in the world, or at the very least, the best in the WWE right now.

Secondly, AJ. Man, what a year. Going from Daniel Bryan's quiet, submissive girlfriend, to a complete fucking psychopath, all the way to general manager of the damn show in a matter of just a few months. That is an incredible feat when you really think about it. She's easily been one of the two most consistently entertaining characters all year (the other of whom I'll get to in a moment), and has looked incredibly hot through it all. AJ is already on that level with Steph, Lita, and Trish as one of my favorite divas of all time, and the knowledge of her deep love of wrestling, meaning she's not going anywhere and we still have years of enjoying her left, is really great. She hasn't even made a full heel turn yet, which I have a feeling she'll be pretty great at when she does.

Last, but far from least, Daniel Bryan. Wow. I don't even know what to say about this guy's year. From his awesome relationship with AJ, to his matches with Punk and Sheamus, to Team Hell No. He's been entertaining in and out of the ring and has been involved in some of the most hilarious stuff I can remember in wrestling. It can all pretty much be summed up in one word...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I rambled on for quite a while there. God bless anyone who took the time to read all that. Oh well, at least I was able to remind myself of all the great things going on in WWE right now.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

I could do with out Ryback and Cena is still as boring as ever but I'm loving a lot of things right now. Daniel Bryan and Kane are usually the highlight of the show for me both men have been hilarious and Daniel Bryan is possibly one of the best wrestlers I've seen in a long time. Tag division.... means something which is awesome. AJ has been awesome. Albert Del Rio has turned into one of my favorite heels and has been vicious in his matches lately. And CM Punk has consistently been awesome every damn night.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Westy316 View Post
    So in the past year or so I have really got back in to wrestling after a few years out, and I really enjoy reading some of the gossip and thoughts of people who watch it a lot more than me and have a great knowledge of wrestling as a whole.

But my god will you guys stop complaining about it, if you don't like it don't watch it. I'm tired of hearing how raw is to long , this wrestler is under utilised, this one is pushed to much or did you see when this guy made one mistake in a match and now he is the worst guy ever or they botched that finish and how can he be involved in a story with him when such and such is not doing much blah blah blah blah

IT'S REALLY BORING

Stop bloody moaning? The Virginity Forcefield is strong on this one.

Or how about you stop reading negative articles the second it registers in your brain?

Wrestling journalism consists of both pros and cons of the business. What's good, what's bad. People will complain about cons and praise pros.

This includes WWE's Raw hour extension - it's a stretch of tension. Wrestlers are often under developed. And for those under developed wrestlers who put on decent in-ring work fail to have a lasting effect. Some performers are pushed frequently without the necessary charisma, characters, gimmick, ability, and look to meet the push's hype.

Other areas have improved, as aforementioned athleticism, and newly rising stars such as Ryback and Sandow.

Wrestling journalists will forever voice both pros and cons to wrestling. If that bothers you, avoid forums - and likely - the Internet entirely.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

The WWE forum in particular is absolutely crammed full of negativity though, I for one absolutely agree with him and its very fucking annoying to read every week. No one expects sunshine and rainbows but when 4 out of 5 posts are someone bitching then I agree this place kinda stinks nowadays.

And yes I know I don't have to read them, but there are some quality posters in there and I used to love this forum so ya know...

Anyway, the best thing about wrestling nowadays is the constant good to great matches we get. The actual talent is probably less than it was than we had Angle/Benoit/Austin/Guerrero/Rey/Jericho/Lesnar/HHH/Rock etc etc in their primes but they still manage to put out more 3*+ matches now than they did in the "glory days" imo. That Ziggler/Bryan match on Raw for example, totally out of nowhere and totall awesome

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

The rise of Daniel Bryan exceeded all of my expectations. He has survived and thrived in spite of everything. The health issues when he signed. The oh-so-impossible-to-overcome height issue. Getting fired and coming back.

As a fan of his for years and having spent more money on him than any wrestler ever, I couldn't be happier as a fan.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

I don't think there's too much negativity on the boards at all. Maybe that's because I think most of it is justified.

You know, everything good that's gone on, like Bryan becoming hugely relevant, Punk getting the freedom to do what he likes, Sheamus' run as world champion, I see regularly praised. The only things I see regularly criticised are booking decisions, and rather than explain myself, I'll direct you to Champ's post.

Party threads still do my nut in though. It's a PARTY thread. It's a kind of internet version of a bunch of people going to a club, sitting there with a face like a slapped arse, moaning about the taste of the beer, the irritating company, the shit music, and whatever else there is to moan about. And then going to that exact same club again next week, and moaning about it all, AGAIN. That I don't get. But overall the tone of negativity on here is weak and if anything, justified.

TBH Todd 99% of the negativity I was talking about is in the party threads, I should have specified that. They are abysmal.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

I just can't see how people can put themselves through something they clearly are not enjoying. It makes no sense to me.

It's why I don't show up in the party threads for the first hour and a half of Raw.

Not the negativity, but because I most likely wouldn't enjoy the show.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

I make sure to only show up for party threads after the show is over. It makes them more bearable

It's not as bad as it used to be, back in 2004 around the time I joined here it was much worse. It was all mostly to do with Triple H always being World Champion while people wanting Benoit to always be champion. Everything was complained about back then, but maybe there was more to complain about.

These days it's a lot better but there is still a lot of negativity coming from people who are supposed to be fans, however it seems like heaven compared to youtube. At least on here we don't get the constant whining about bringing back the attitude era, these are clued up fans who understand why the business is the way it is and don't want the attitude era back. That pleases me a lot.

In all honesty, I think today's product is very very good and there isn't really anything they are doing wrong. There is to me a healthy balance of pushing the young guys and keeping some of the older guys around at the same time, which has always been the key. There has to be a balance.

The young guys are being pushed and interacting with the older guys who can still go, the storylines are decent and never TOO over the top. The tag team division seems to be making great progress which is something a lot of us have wanted for a very long time and we are getting more and more wrestling with an extra show in the week and Raw being extended to 3 hours.

Things aren't exactly great or outstanding but it's all heading in the right direction and I can't really think of much I dislike.

Thankfully between roughly Brock Lesnars rise to stardom and Royal Rumble 2005, I watched almost no wrestling whatsoever. That era killed my interest in my biggest love

Banned

WWE was great when it was the Road To Wrestlemania it was awesome seeing taker rock HBK. And when Brock returned it was great. The build and the match at Extreme rules was awesome. But after that wwe just went stale the wwe title was being overshadowed by cena. Hated the whole punk Bryan fued. And I hated smackdown for a while. But once again CM Punk got me interested again. The wwe right now is okay but I feel like this cena aj angle will make raw crap for a couple off months. And I am not interested what so ever in this upcoming SS event.

CM Punk is awesome in every way.

Love Bryan and Kane, the Hell No angle is both hilarious and results in good matches.

Sandow is my fave new guy. He's a future top heel, I see big things for that dude. You can quote me on that.

Rhodes is good too, the whole Rhodes Scholars team makes for a great heel team.

AJ is just easy on the eyes, could probably watch her all day. Preferred her as just the crazy chick, but still like her, even though the current angle with Cena is crap.

Ziggler, like Punk and Bryan, doesn't have bad matches. Nuff said.

Cena, for all his annoying traits, has really good matches sometimes.

That's about it, overall not a great show but it has it's moments.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    It's not as bad as it used to be, back in 2004 around the time I joined here it was much worse. It was all mostly to do with Triple H always being World Champion while people wanting Benoit to always be champion. Everything was complained about back then, but maybe there was more to complain about.
    He should have been around the net during the Monday Night Wars lol. THAT was brutal today pales in comparison. Just think of Rock/Cena fans going back and forth in threads in the last year and multiply that by 100 with wcw, ecw, and wwf fans comparing products and stars.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I barely came to forums in the late-90's. Just never cared for posting back then, I would read but never respond. It got heated, especially in 1997. And I couldn't stand ECW fans, no offense but they were very annoying.

CM Punk is wrestling. He truly is the best in the world and he goes out every single night and proves it. And we're going to get Foley vs. Punk promos/segments leading into Survivor Series. How can anyone not be excited about that?

Ryback's push has been incredible to watch and I'm glad I've been following the WWE again to be a part of it. When people complain about the WWE writers, I just point to things like Ryback and say "you were saying?"

A wrestler I've always hated (Big Show) just had one of the best brawls I've ever seen with Sheamus, another wrestler I hadn't made up my mind about. And now Show is the veteran champion, with class wrestlers like Sheamus, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio all in the hunt. The race for the World Heavyweight Title is going to get awful violent awful quick.

The Tag Team division is finally getting a boost, and two of my all-time favourites are leading the pack. I can't say enough good things about Kane and Daniel Bryan. They've always been amazing entertainers, and are both killing it as the TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!

Also, the WWE's future is bright. When the current top dogs finally hang it up, they're going to be handing the reigns to the likes of Dolph Ziggler, Antonio Cesaro, Kassius Ohno, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Heath Slater, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Kofi Kingston, Tyson Kidd, PAC, Richie Steamboat...and the list goes on.

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy316 View Post

IT'S REALLY BORING

I don't think you should ask for positive remarks when you start with "stop bloody moaning." Just because you think something is good doesn't mean every else should agree. You could have just made the arguement that you really like todays product and I am sure you would get a lot of support for that.

I think the WWE is doing a lot of good things right now, however the 3 hour RAW does feel long. Sometimes less is more

How much though the current direction will appeal to new fans and casual fans has yet to be seen.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    I don't think you should ask for positive remarks when you start with "stop bloody moaning." Just because you think something is good doesn't mean every else should agree. You could have just made the arguement that you really like todays product and I am sure you would get a lot of support for that.

I think the WWE is doing a lot of good things right now, however the 3 hour RAW does feel long. Sometimes less is more

How much though the current direction will appeal to new fans and casual fans has yet to be seen.
    The truth is my friend is that I wasn't and to a point still aren't sure wether or not I enjoy the product hence the plea for positives as all the negative stuff swirls around my head and when I watch the show I get to a point where I'm over analysing the product rather than just enjoying it for what it is.

But when I read this stuff I do feel a sense of optimism.

As I too love team hell no, I indeed am extremely excited by Damian sandow and truly believe he can be as good and as domnating as HHH.

I can take or lave punk but I love Paul hey man, is nice to have foley involved as he is always good value.

Sin cara is getting better and better every week and the more I think about it the list of positives can go on and on and on and on and on.......

Right now, there isn't too much to complain about to be honest. The good far outweighs the bad in the WWE right now, so I cant bring myself to bitch. A champion that has entertained me for a year, Kane and Bryan bring the hilarity. Guys are actually fighting over the IC title. And the match quality has been better this year than any year I can remember.

They have a little room to try risky things like Vickie/AJ/Cena becausr everything else is pretty nice right now. People bitch because they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris Auralius View Post
    Stop bloody moaning? The Virginity Forcefield is strong on this one.

Or how about you stop reading negative articles the second it registers in your brain?

Wrestling journalism consists of both pros and cons of the business. What's good, what's bad. People will complain about cons and praise pros.

This includes WWE's Raw hour extension - it's a stretch of tension. Wrestlers are often under developed. And for those under developed wrestlers who put on decent in-ring work fail to have a lasting effect. Some performers are pushed frequently without the necessary charisma, characters, gimmick, ability, and look to meet the push's hype.

Other areas have improved, as aforementioned athleticism, and newly rising stars such as Ryback and Sandow.

Wrestling journalists will forever voice both pros and cons to wrestling. If that bothers you, avoid forums - and likely - the Internet entirely.
    Actually someone has every right to make a thread asking for positive comments only, it's hardly a stretch.
    As for the whole "Virginity Forcefield", people in glass basements should not throw stones
    We all like prowrestling and that makes us all lame.

Please take this ladder:

Use it to climb out of your own ass and get over yourself

Or you could just take a warning, choice is yours.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    Actually someone has every right to make a thread asking for positive comments only, it's hardly a stretch.
    As for the whole "Virginity Forcefield", people in glass basements should not throw stones
    We all like prowrestling and that makes us all lame.

Please take this ladder:

Use it to climb out of your own ass and get over yourself

Or you could just take a warning, choice is yours.
    Actually, someone begging for positive comments with the thread title, "Stop bloody moaning" is entirely contradictory and hypocritical. So stop moaning about people who moan about wrestling. Stop reading negative reviews if you cannot tolerate cons wrestling journalists propose.

Glass basements? Dead metaphor, champ. Are you 12? Digging in the '96 trash can of insults. Did you actually insert a ladder and say "Get yourself over?" Your stupidity gave me cancer.

Thread Information