Thread: Jerry Lawler returns in 2 weeks

Default Jerry Lawler returns in 2 weeks

A little over a month ago, the wrestling world collectively clenched it's butt cheeks in fear over whether or not Jerry Lawler would die, or suffer brain damage from a heart attack he suffered on RAW. Well, most of us did anyway.

Spoiler

Now, we're just a fortnight away from Jerry Lawler making a miraculous comeback from the brink of death, to return to the booth. So, lets discuss this.

Personally, while I'll agree Lawler was bad, I don't think he warranted all the hate he got around here.

Also, they may swerve us, and have Punk heel up by taking him out on the day of his triumphant return.
    baboosh

Default Re: Jerry Lawler returns in 2 weeks

I feel sorry for what he went through, but ugh. I hate his commentary.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 2: We Are The Champions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Once again proving that MOST Adult Male Wrestling Fans are fucking stupid and fucking retarded

Lawler wasn't that bad, but the announce team has been great ever since.

I want him back. He may not be as good as he was in the 90's, I still like him. Screw the haters.

I'm glad he's ok but the commentary quality will definitely dip with him back in the booth, it's just a sad reality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

I don't hate Lawler's commentary nearly as much as everyone else seems to, which may or may not be a direct result of me barely paying attention to WWE when it's on TV. But, point is, while he's not as great as he used to be (what about WWE is?), I've never thought of him as being particularly bad at what he does.

That said, I do not think I want him back right now. WWE is doing fine in terms of commentary, and Jerry really does not need to come back on a full-time basis right now. And it would probably be for the best if they gave him a low-key role (or paid him to sit at home for a while) until he was fully recovered from his near-death experience. And until the current announce team grows stale, or a good position opens up for him through some other means.

I'm just glad he's alive and well, though. Long live the King!

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    I'm glad he's ok but the commentary quality will definitely dip with him back in the booth, it's just a sad reality.
    At least be respectable, like you are now...You don't have to like him, but don't act like he just killed an already shitty commentating team outside of Cole

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Once again proving that MOST Adult Male Wrestling Fans are fucking stupid and fucking retarded
    This one fool represents MOST adult male wrestling fans...or just you?

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

I am dreading his return the commentary team has been great as off late. He will come back and have a massive welcome back. Then after a week he will go back too his boring commentary. And it will be like that for years too come

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    This one fool represents MOST adult male wrestling fans...or just you?
    No, see, in Indy logic, 99% of male wrestling fans are mindless troglodytes who bitch about everything. He is the 1%.

At least be respectable, like you are now...You don't have to like him, but don't act like he just killed an already shitty commentating team outside of Cole
    I think Lawler is easily a worse commentator than JR, Mathews, or JBL.

It will be a nice moment to have him back, but his commentary will still suck. Hopefully I'll manage to cut down on my complaining about it.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

I don't care if I get heat for this or not. Jerry Lawler is a great wrestler. I am glad he is okay but I do NOT want to hear him back on commentary. It was nice to watch matches where the match, moves and the wrestlers were actually being discussed and not hearing him bash Vickie's weight continuously.

Even Cole has been tolerable in his absence.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

The King's commentary is fine. He brings energy and humor. I don't get the hate...

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

The energy is forced, the humor is sophomoric at best, and he never acts like he's paying attention to the actual show.

Banned

I'm personally just tired of hearing him. He is boring as a face commentator and he admitted in an interview a while ago that he lost his passion for commentating (and said he'd much rather perform in the ring... guess he has changed opinions about that now.)

I echo everyone else's sentiments here.

I find that odd coming from you. People are being respectful in this thread. It would be far worse if people talked about Jerry's commentary the way you talk about Justin Gabriel or Kofi Kingston (among others).

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Let me start by saying Lawler was never as bad as some people made him out to be in his last few years. He was nowhere close to his former self but he wasn't the god awful turd and people were getting on his back round here for even the most minor things all the time and I found it pretty annoying.

However, I cannot deny that the commentary has been so much better without him. The dynamic right now is as good as its been for quite a while, and I do not want to see JBL, JR or even the current Cole go away.

King on Smackdown instead would be much better but I don't think for one second thats going to happen.

edit - Come to think, isn't JBL Smackdown now? Whos the other Raw guy? I am having a brain fart moment

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

He only acts the way they want him to act. He was much better as a heel commentator. Now that Cole is a face, this is the chance for Lawler to go heel and be more like he was in the old days. Plus so many of you overexaggerate how bad he was. I seem to notice a few years ago only a certain number of people complained and then it just became the cool thing for people to shit on him. So a lot of the hate is pretty bogus.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Like when it was cool to shit on Edge and call him the shittiest wrestler alive, everyone except Industry eventually stopped that too...

Although when Michael Cole got shit on that was absolutely justified

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Thread Information