Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Big show World heavyweight champion?

Default Why is Big show World heavyweight champion?

I dunno what everyone elses opinion is on this but it does nothing for shows career for him to be the champion right now, I was really enjoying Sheamus as champion and the push he was getting as the champion, I dunno if the match was good or not and I'm sure sheamus looked strong but to lose the title to Big show is kind of a stupid move in my opinion unless he's gonna lose it to Sheamus at Survivor series or something. I know there's a chance everyone here is gonna disagree with me, call me a retard/fucktard/every bad name under the sun, say Sheamus sucked and losing to show was a great thing but losing to show makes no sense, if show had lost then knocked out Sheamus due to frustration of losing then Ziggler ran out to cash in and won that would have been a much better ending to that match in my opinion because then a younger star would be getting a well deserved push.
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Why is Big show World heavyweight champion?

It's his 'Thank you' run. I like it, Sheamus had a good long reign and now it will be fun to watch him chase the title.

While lengthy reigns didn't happen back then anyway, when Stone Cold was at the peak of his popularity he never held the title long. The reason for that was because he was better chasing the title than holding it and I think it is the same with most faces. That's not to say they shouldn't have a long run with the belt, because if they are good enough they should have that one decent lengthy reign but they are usually better chasing the title.

Yeah, I speculated it a few months ago and HIAC confirmed it. WWE seems to have gotten into a habit of turning a veteran heel and giving them a decent thank you run which makes them look awesome as World Champion. 2010 had Kane winning the title and finally getting the best of Undertaker, 2011 had Mark Henry dethroning Orton and becoming Mark RATINGS Henry. It's Shows turn. I'm kinda curious to see who gets the Annual Thank You next.
    baboosh

I really didn't think Show would win unless Sheamus kicked him afterwards and Zig cashed in. But the match was good and I love the ending. So no complaints really.

Does Rock in January count as a thank you run for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Codebreaker82 View Post
    Does Rock in January count as a thank you run for 2013?
    It'll definitely be a thank you run, but it's a little different than the other ones. The runs for Kane, Henry, and Show were "Thank you for staying with us for so long" while Rock's reign will be "Thanks for coming back and making us a shit ton of money".

I'd say that Christian is due for a thank you reign, but the WWE hates him way too much for me to believe it will happen. It would be really nice though, especially if he was a face.
    Banner Credit: Stefan_MK1

Probably a Last thankyou run, But this will do more for Sheamus than keeping the belt on him, What will happen at SS is Sheamus will probably win & dolph will cash in setting up for a dolph/Sheamus Feud. Either that or Show hangs on till WM then give the title up to Ryback or Sheamus.

Thanks To Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by Shivari View Post
    I'd say that Christian is due for a thank you reign, but the WWE hates him way too much for me to believe it will happen.
    WWE hates him way too much to even put him on TV!

Because it's doing wonders for Sheamus already by booking him as a true underdog rather than a dickish bully who's just beating the shit out of heels who haven't really wronged him in any way other than challenging for the title.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

It'll definitely be a thank you run, but it's a little different than the other ones. The runs for Kane, Henry, and Show were "Thank you for staying with us for so long" while Rock's reign will be "Thanks for coming back and making us a shit ton of money".

I'd say that Christian is due for a thank you reign, but the WWE hates him way too much for me to believe it will happen. It would be really nice though, especially if he was a face.
    I think Christian winning the belt in the first place was a thank you reign, even as short as it was.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

Because he's fucking awesome!

Spoiler
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

I think he got that last year. Should have been great to see Sheamus feud with Bryan and Christian back to back, they could have made him look really good. I don't see Cpt. Charisma ever holding the Big Gold Belt again.

Because he is awesome and is a tremendously underrated performer on the microphone and in the ring.

I would keep building him up as a monster and then have Ziggler go over him as a face.

And I always thought that the idea that a multi-million-dollar company hands out thank you runs is completely ridiculous and is an invention of some people on the Internet.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

I don't know why, but I don't like it

Big Show ruined my beautiful signature (Thanks, Fresh Prince!) by winning the title. It will never be the same again. Well, until Sheamus wins the rematch

Because he's a legit contender? He's actually one of the superstars who is most believable as a world heavyweight champion. They should have never went with Daniel Bryan beating him in 45 seconds as it was unbelievable and it also blew a hole in their own rule that the champion should be ready because Mark Henry had knocked him out (see Bryan beating Mark Henry on Smackdown only to have Teddy Long strip him of the championship due to Henry not being ready). He could actually be an unstoppable force for a long while only to have someone finally step up and dethrone him. And Sheamus needed to lose the title. He wasn't serious about Big Show being a challenger and Big Show whipped his ass for him. Now he's still cracking jokes and smiling. There must be a written rule somewhere that you can't be serious and be a babyface. John Cena does the same shit. Get serious and quit the cutesy shit. People are still gonna give you the love regardless. I understand maybe its PG and to get the kids into it but damn! And also Big Show just signed a new contract (storyline or otherwise not sure) and probably a good long WHC reign was written into it.
    http://www.wrestlingforum.com
    www.wrestleweek.com
    http://community.theblackvault.com/

( ಠ_ಠ) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Because he's a legit contender? He's actually one of the superstars who is most believable as a world heavyweight champion. They should have never went with Daniel Bryan beating him in 45 seconds as it was unbelievable and it also blew a hole in their own rule that the champion should be ready because Mark Henry had knocked him out (see Bryan beating Mark Henry on Smackdown only to have Teddy Long strip him of the championship due to Henry not being ready). He could actually be an unstoppable force for a long while only to have someone finally step up and dethrone him. And Sheamus needed to lose the title. He wasn't serious about Big Show being a challenger and Big Show whipped his ass for him. Now he's still cracking jokes and smiling. There must be a written rule somewhere that you can't be serious and be a babyface. John Cena does the same shit. Get serious and quit the cutesy shit. People are still gonna give you the love regardless. I understand maybe its PG and to get the kids into it but damn! And also Big Show just signed a new contract (storyline or otherwise not sure) and probably a good long WHC reign was written into it.
    I thought the reason they didnt allow bryan to win the title off henry was because he wasnt medicaly cleared to compete, not because he wasnt ready.

In real life nobody could beat the Big Show .. so might as well give it to him for awhile. When Shamus beats him it will give him a even bigger push is what they are thinking I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    It's his 'Thank you' run. I like it, Sheamus had a good long reign and now it will be fun to watch him chase the title.

While lengthy reigns didn't happen back then anyway, when Stone Cold was at the peak of his popularity he never held the title long. The reason for that was because he was better chasing the title than holding it and I think it is the same with most faces. That's not to say they shouldn't have a long run with the belt, because if they are good enough they should have that one decent lengthy reign but they are usually better chasing the title.
    I think Stone Cold at the time was an exception because the boss was a huge heel who needed to keep his heel antics up. It made complete sense imo. He was better as a contender than champion. I always felt Austin's greatest title defense came at SummerSlam '88 and that match put him into the upper echelon of all-time great champions.

Big Show was a bit surprising. I thought Sheamus would retain. To tie this post it is ironic Sheamus loses the title right after Austin publicly stated he believed that Sheamus is not ready for the belt.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I like Big Show, so I'm okay with it. I figured it was a "Thank You" sort of thing as well like they did with Kane and Mark Henry.

I think he'll do well as the champion, and his feud with Sheamus has been entertaining for the most part. Now, with Sheamus in the role of the one chasing after the championship, it'll make things even more interesting because like Matt pointed out he's more of an underdog now than before.

Banner Credit: Bender

Eat. Sleep. Be John Cena. Repeat.

San Diego Chargers
    1-1

Banned

I was extremely happy with Big Show coming out victorious. I have always been a huge fan off his. He always has great matches and good fueds. His work with lesnar was awesome. Even today he is happy too put new guys over. His fueds with Rhodes and Daniel Bryan were great. He really brought the best out off those guys IMO.
    He deserves this world title run.

Banned

Big Show has done so many jobs over the years that no matter how well they try to book him as a monster champion, I won't buy it that much. I mean, he jobbed to Cena just a month after his heel turn (a heel turn that Michael Cole laughably called "one of the darkest days in WWE history.")

Well he's no more boring than Sheamus, that's for sure. He will probably drop it right back at Series, but if not save it for a Mania match with Ryback. Show would be a good win for him, and Ryback is almost a shoe-in for the Rumble win anyway and he isn't gonna be in the WWE title match.

Personally I think Big Show had the potential to be a mega star in wrestling and in entertainment much like The Rock is, but something held him back and its really too late now for Show.

Banner Credit: Spike

This is why I like long world title reigns. The champion has it for so long then when he's defeated (in Sheamus's case, he even lost clean!), it will be more meaningful for the guy that beats him.

It's his 'Thank you' run
    This. Funny enough, The Big Show's WWF/E career has handled pretty poorly. Like Kane, he would pretty much lose all the time yet still be protected while doing so. It's like creative wanted it both ways with him in treatment which was annoying and the main reason for me never caring much about the guy overall.

He's also the most accidental world champion in wrestling. Every time he'd win the belt, its only because somebody important was injured (Austin, Lesnar, Henry), then he'd lose right after. I think 2 months in the longest he's been champion for Vince's company.

After putting up with so much in the WWE for all these years, I think he's earned this one and I wouldn't mind him having a Mark Henry-liek reign. Hell, if anything he should've gotten that first. As for Wrestlemania 29, I wouldn't mind him defending the belt either.

Edit: Yeah, he was ECW Champion, but I never recognized it as a legit world title.
    It's showtime, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    I think Stone Cold at the time was an exception because the boss was a huge heel who needed to keep his heel antics up. It made complete sense imo. He was better as a contender than champion. I always felt Austin's greatest title defense came at SummerSlam '88 and that match

put him into the upper echelon of all-time great champions.
    Big Show was a bit surprising. I thought Sheamus would retain. To tie this post it is ironic Sheamus loses the title right after Austin publicly stated he believed that Sheamus is not ready for the belt.
    That match was so awesome I forgot it happened...Oh, wait

And if WWE is giving out 'Thank You" WHC runs...Finlay is RIGHT there

Banned

There is no way in hell I want to see Big Show anywhere near any major championship.

Thread Information