Thread: Sin Cara's Progress

Banned

Default Sin Cara's Progress

It's pretty well known that Sin Cara, despite all the hype and fanfare he arrived with, got off to a bit of a rough start in the WWE. He had trouble adapting to the WWE in-ring style and there was talk of him not fitting in so well backstage. In all honesty, I thought most were a bit too harsh on Cara's early in-ring work and that it wasn't quite as bad as it was made out to be. But I think it's undeniable Sin Cara has improved tremendously. His in-ring work is more graceful and fluid, and he seems to be executing with far more confidence, hesitating less, if not at all, before he hits a thrilling spot. And some of the spots he's been hitting as of late have truly been sights to behold. I recall a double-top rope bounce into a moonsault that was quite nice, as well as an array of other lovely moves. Oh, and he's pretty effective at playing the underdog. I like Sin Cara's progress and am enjoying his current partnership with Mysterio. I think both men have benefited greatly from teaming together, especially Cara. By the way, has anyone ever suggested the name MystiCara for their tag team name? If not, let me throw that out there.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Sin Cara and his current situation in the WWE?

Default Re: Sin Cara's Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    By the way, has anyone ever suggested the name MystiCara for their tag team name? If not, let me throw that out there.
    Car Stereo

2012 TBG Poster of the Year!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Monty again."

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Having Mysterio work with him in ring, teaching him WWE Style from a guy whose adapted from Lucha style and managed to work it for 10 years now was a stroke of genius and has obviously been paying off. Yeah, Caras botched since, but it goes with being a high flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Banned

I got to say I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of feedback about Sin Cara. It seemed that when he was on hard times scores of wrestling forum members were quick to condemn Cara as a failure. However, when he improves very few comment or talk about him. Maybe the way WWE is booking him is the reason why so few are excited about him. But it's also not uncommon for forum fans to be more prone to condemn than praise.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

He's doing much better now than he was in his initial run. Hopefully Rey is also teaching him English.

Sin Cara was put into a very difficult position. Learn a new WWE style product in a new country with a different language with TONS of hype. I have always enjoyed Cara matches and think that he is improving very nicely. He definitely needs to learn the language to cut a promo before he can reach the top. Not a huge Rey fan, but WWE teaming Cara with him was a very wise decision

Banned

Also, teaming him with Rey has been a nice way to phase out the Sin Cara lighting. I like Cara a lot, but I hope that lighting never returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro
    Also, teaming him with Rey has been a nice way to phase out the Sin Cara lighting. I like Cara a lot, but I hope that lighting never returns.
    Completely agree! I have never really been a Sin Car fan. I thought the double Sin Cara storyline was incredibly boring like the double Kane storyline was. And the lighting is just horrible. When he hits his moves right and is fluid with them he can be amazing to watch but he doesn't really have a character seeing as he doesn't speak English so it is hard for me to get behind him at all and hope he achieves anything. Has he even had a real feud since Hunico?

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

TBH I'm not a Sin Cara fan, but I really want to see a feud between a face Rey and a Heel Cara.

I don't know why I think Cara can be a good heel...
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Yeah the lighting is horrible.

Sin Cara is coming along great now, the fans are getting back behind him and teaming him with Rey was pure genius. They need to stay together for a while, not just til Mania. This is easy to do, you just have their match about respect and both of them wanting to honour Luchador wrestling at the grand stage.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    Yeah the lighting is horrible.

Sin Cara is coming along great now, the fans are getting back behind him and teaming him with Rey was pure genius. They need to stay together for a while, not just til Mania. This is easy to do, you just have their match about respect and both of them wanting to honour Luchador wrestling at the grand stage.
    Exactly. It would wrong to turn either heel. A respect/honour match is absolutely the way to go, and would be believable with Rey and Cara. With it likely being a Mania match, I just hope it's not shorted on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Exactly. It would wrong to turn either heel. A respect/honour match is absolutely the way to go, and would be believable with Rey and Cara. With it likely being a Mania match, I just hope it's not shorted on time.
    Well, if they're serious about making Sin Cara a hot commodity, I'm sure they'll give both men as much time as Rey can handle (I would hate for him to get injured), and give them the go-ahead to do something spectacular. At least, I hope WWE is that bright and that invested in Sin Cara.

I honestly have cooled towards Cara, though. He's not nearly as exciting to me as he was when he first debuted, and I never minded his botchy style. I realize the changes they've made to his in-ring style are necessary ones, but it's really taken some of that "shiny new toy"-style polish off of him. I do see him being a huge success but he's no longer must-see TV for me. Then again, that's WWE as a whole right now, so it could just be a result of my fading interest in the overall product. But he's definitely improved in all the important areas aside from wow-factor/excitement.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Thread Information