Thread: Punk Winning At The Rumble

Banned

Default Punk Winning At The Rumble

Most assume that Punk will lose the belt at the Rumble to The Rock, and then Rock-Cena II will happen at WM29. However, I not only suspect (as some do) that it could end up being a triple threat involving Punk (at least people who constantly harp about Rock/Cena being 'once in a lifetime' can finally shut up about it) but that Punk may end up scoring a victory against The Rock at the Royal Rumble. And the reason it'll happen is because Cena is still in his own little 'feud' with Punk perhaps, and he will end up getting involved in the title match and accidentally costing Rock the match. Would be a huge victory for Punk, and also take everyone by surprise who just naturally assumes that Rock will be winning.

If I had to make a specific prediction, I would first say that Rock-Punk will probably be the last match on the card at the Rumble. Rock's comeback to challenge Punk makes it seem like a special enough match to put it last on the card (it wouldn't be the first time the Rumble wasn't the last match on the card.) Maybe Punk will distract Cena during the Rumble and allow someone to throw him out. And then as payback, Cena will come in during the WWE Title match and try to hit Punk (with a chair or the belt or something) and will actually end up costing The Rock the match. This will stir shit up between Rock and Cena all over again, not to mention Rock might be guaranteed another title shot. And then it'll become a triple threat match at Wrestlemania. Cena wins the title, and Punk can walk away saying that it took two huge superstars like Rock and Cena and having to wrestle them both at the same time just to beat him.

Just a small prediction that I'm making. And I do have a couple of others, of course, like believing that Ryback will win the Rumble and do so by throwing Cena out last after a big one-on-one babyface confrontation with them being the last two men in (ala Batista-Cena from the 2005 RR), which obviously isn't compatible with thinking that Punk distracting Cena will cause Cena to get thrown out. Another idea is that Ryback will win the belt tonight and keep it all the way to Wrestlemania, where he'll face Rock and Cena in a triple threat match (far fetched idea, but a possibility nonetheless.) However, going by the idea that Punk-Rock will indeed happen at the Rumble, this is my prediction on what could happen.

Default Re: Punk Winning At The Rumble

The reason I don't think Cena vs. Rock II will happen this year is because there's been no build for it. And I doubt a couple of months will be sufficient for the rematch. Remember how much Rock vs. Hogan II stank because it was put on a B-PPV just before Mania with no build. Now the rematch here would happen at Mania, but still there'd be little build up. Also they'd start a feud between Rock and Punk but end it abruptly? There is NO WAY Rock will be in a triple threat at Mania.

Rock vs. Punk will happen at Mania, NOT the Rumble. But Punk will cost Rock the title at the Rumble. Now just who defend the title at the Rumble? Can't be Punk because it'd be stupid to have the same match at Mania a couple of months later. Doubt it'll be Ryback since he's my Rumble Winner prediction. Cena, again the problem arises in that it's too big a match to give away without proper build up.

That's why I've been saying Ziggler's gonna win the WWE Title soon, maybe even tomorrow.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Rock is going into Mania as champion. I'm very sure of that at this point.

WWE wants to give a thank you run for coming back and that can't happen unless it's from the Rumble to Mania.

I've had my issues with The Rock's booking, and this is no exception, but we're just going to have to accept that this is the way they're doing it and hope it turns out entertaining. Really, the idea of a guy just waltzing in and getting a title shot just because of name value is so lame to me. They could have at least explained it better by saying he got it because officials were impressed with his showing against Cena, or something.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Rock holding the belt going into Mania for casuals is the best thing in their minds although people online will hate to admit this. Money and number wise the buy rate for Mania this year speaks volumes and I still wouldn't count out Rock vs. Brock happening as rumored around Mania earlier this year.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

WWE wants to give a thank you run for coming back and that can't happen unless it's from the Rumble to Mania.

I've had my issues with The Rock's booking, and this is no exception, but we're just going to have to accept that this is the way they're doing it and hope it turns out entertaining. Really, the idea of a guy just waltzing in and getting a title shot just because of name value is so lame to me. They could have at least explained it better by saying he got it because officials were impressed with his showing against Cena, or something.
    Why not, Ryback got his shot without doing much.

Thanks To Hayze

If Punk beats Rock, I will mark the hell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

That's what the giant paycheck is for.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Oh I agree that Rock doesn't need another title run.

I'm just accepting reality as it exists.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Anyway I look at it, putting the title on Rock just seems really stupid. Come on Trips, do your thing!

I love Rock but he should not hold the title again, nor do I think he will tbh.

I also don't think Rock/Cena II will happen, or at least I'm hoping it doesn't.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

My prediction is
    Punk losing the title to rock at the royal rumble, entering as the number 30 of the royal rumble.
    he eliminates cena, and stay for the last with someone(dosnt matter who) and punk end up being eliminated himself.
    cena punk, rock, and a few moe man will be going for the elimination chamber pay per view, and cena-punk-rock will be the final 3, rock will eventually win the match, and their will be a triple threat at wrestlemania 29, cena wins there, and then god knows what happend

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

They will definitely put the title on Rock at he RR, as they know it will cause a big bump on the ratings while Ryback can win the Rumble match and go on to win the WH championship at Wrestlemaina
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Banned

Agreed, but there was just some part of me that thinks Rock could lose to Punk somehow because it's happened before that a match seems like it will obviously have one ending but then it ends up having the exact opposite and takes me and several others by surprise. There's been three main event matches this year that have worked out that way (Cena/Rock, Cena/Brock, Triple H/Brock.)

I just feel the way punk has been this year, that it will be a triple threat with The Rock winning the belt Punk asking for his rematch at WM & Cena winning the rumble. Which leaves the door open to do what ever with Ryback, HHH, Taker & Sheamus.

TBH I think a Triple threat would be a better match than Rock Vs Cena, as it gives the Rock breathers during the match. Plus the mic work between these three would be epic.

Thanks To Hayze

So what are the chances we get a new belt design when Rock wins it? Seems if it happens anytime soon, it's gonna be when a new champ is crowned. If Ryback, I doubt he will be the one to wear it first. My money's on Rock.

Banned

It would have made perfect sense for Punk to debut the new belt last year but whatever.

I think if anything, when Cena wins the belt at WM29, he'll be the one to debut it, which is disappointing since he was the one who debuted the current one (even though it doesn't spin like it used to.)

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Guys please, just stop considering that the winner of the RR will face Rock at WM...

You are completely forgetting about the # 1 contenders Elimination Chamber match, which will Cena win....

The winner of the RR will face the WH champion at WM...
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

The way WWE's booking has gone latley(down hill)....it wouldn't suprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by BaraaKhalaf92 View Post
    Guys please, just stop considering that the winner of the RR will face Rock at WM...

You are completely forgetting about the # 1 contenders Elimination Chamber match, which will Cena win....

The winner of the RR will face the WH champion at WM...
    Oh I don't really expect Cena to win the Rumble, seems too obvious. Plus SuperCena is so good at Chamber matches. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Most assume that Punk will lose the belt at the Rumble to The Rock, and then Rock-Cena II will happen at WM29. However, I not only suspect (as some do) that it could end up being a triple threat involving Punk (at least people who constantly harp about Rock/Cena being 'once in a lifetime' can finally shut up about it) but that Punk may end up scoring a victory against The Rock at the Royal Rumble. And the reason it'll happen is because Cena is still in his own little 'feud' with Punk perhaps, and he will end up getting involved in the title match and accidentally costing Rock the match. Would be a huge victory for Punk, and also take everyone by surprise who just naturally assumes that Rock will be winning.

If I had to make a specific prediction, I would first say that Rock-Punk will probably be the last match on the card at the Rumble. Rock's comeback to challenge Punk makes it seem like a special enough match to put it last on the card (it wouldn't be the first time the Rumble wasn't the last match on the card.) Maybe Punk will distract Cena during the Rumble and allow someone to throw him out. And then as payback, Cena will come in during the WWE Title match and try to hit Punk (with a chair or the belt or something) and will actually end up costing The Rock the match. This will stir shit up between Rock and Cena all over again, not to mention Rock might be guaranteed another title shot. And then it'll become a triple threat match at Wrestlemania. Cena wins the title, and Punk can walk away saying that it took two huge superstars like Rock and Cena and having to wrestle them both at the same time just to beat him.

Just a small prediction that I'm making. And I do have a couple of others, of course, like believing that Ryback will win the Rumble and do so by throwing Cena out last after a big one-on-one babyface confrontation with them being the last two men in (ala Batista-Cena from the 2005 RR), which obviously isn't compatible with thinking that Punk distracting Cena will cause Cena to get thrown out. Another idea is that Ryback will win the belt tonight and keep it all the way to Wrestlemania, where he'll face Rock and Cena in a triple threat match (far fetched idea, but a possibility nonetheless.) However, going by the idea that Punk-Rock will indeed happen at the Rumble, this is my prediction on what could happen.
    If Rock-Cena II does happen...then I would like it to start by what you said, having Cena ACCIDENTALLY cost Rock the match. It's not in his character to go screw the Rock when they are not currently feuding. But by doing it on accident it would light a fire under Rock's ass and the next night he would come out on FIRE...I mean, absolutely KILLING Cena on the mic which would make a return match interesting. They would need to turn up the intensity 10 fold to really sell the rematch.

People aren't too fond of Cena Vs. Rock II so I'd be more than happy to see Punk Vs. Rock at WM 29 instead.
    It's showtime, folks!

The Rock holding the WWE title will be shown on news and a bunch of those media 'magazine' type shows. Win win for the WWE at least in the short term.

I do think a triple threat is possible, however I think there is very little chance of Rock vs. Punk one on one at Mania. What would Cena do at Mania then? (Unless Taker is an option.)

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Thread Information