Thread: I don't want lawler back.

Default I don't want lawler back.

I think the dynamic of the enouncers tables at the moment are great.

Cole and JR I think are great, JR really knows how to tell a story.

Matthews and JBL are brilliant, Matthews has no answer for JBL's put downs and its brilliant.

As much of a "legend" that lawler is I just enjoy it more without him being there.

Not sure if anyone else agrees and I really can't see vince saying thanks but stay at home to the king.

Thoughts?

Banned

Default Re: I don't want lawler back.

I don't want him back either. He's been the worst part of commentary going back as far as 2007 at least. Hopefully he stays home or at least away from the broadcast table.

Don't mind him back, but JR should stay. Not because I'm a big JR fan, but because it'd be easier on Lawler to get through a three hour show with some help.

Or do it like they used to back in 1998, have Lawler join in only for the last hour of the show.

I don't want him back on the announcer's desk either. But he will return. I'm sure of it.

To be honest, I'm not that big on JBL either, but he trumps Lawler. Also JR is always good.

I preferred Cole as a heel. Lawler is not as bad as some say, but certainly not as good as he once was. I would not mind seeing him retire.

As Jericho pointed out recently, Vince loves to turn a negative into a positive. I can see him quietly telling Lawlor that he's not going to put back on the announce table for the immediate future. Personally, I'd prefer see him involved backstage or doing in ring interviews. Lawlor works best when he is involved in a storyline or being asked to progress. He's not the quick witted heel commentator from the mid/late 90's.
    Bring back the fourth wall

Yeah that's a good idea - have him do backstage interviews, he's best when interacting with others. I also do not want him back at the announce table. JR and Cole are gelling together really well now. JR is no longer good enough to be play by play, but he can do colour just fine. JBL and Josh is an excellent pairing also. I still wish they would find room for Matt Striker, but unless they do that, I'm more than happy for the two announce teams to stay as they are right now.

Cole is awesome [far as wrestling play by play goes], JBL is awesome, Matthews is awesome [Far as wrestling play by play goes], JR is done [Used to be the best play by play in wrestling, which isn't saying much], Miz was good on Raw has been awful every since, I know people cream themself over Striker being a smark announcer but that wore thin pretty quick, and Jerry is so much better than being a mere Color Commentator he needs to manager a group of heels or be teaching guys in FCW how to work with Regal and Finlay

I like JR doing it on NXT, but that's about it for me. Only reason I'd want him to stay on RAW is to help Lawler.

BTW, on NXT this week Tony Luftman started alongside Regal. He wasn't too bad to be honest. Better than Scott Stanford. I wouldn't be surprised if he replaced Josh on SmackDown one day.

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

I really get the feeling that JR and Lawler have lost interest in the product, they don't commentate with the same passion they used to like a decade ago.

Can't blame them though, as most people have lost interest in the product...

Cole and JBL are the best on commentary imo.
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

JR is very good in FCW/NXT, but shit FCW/NXT is fucking great I could call that shit.

Lawler is just taking orders and collecting a pay check. Can't ask a guy to be a pervert for over 10 years and then suddenly want him to be The Voice Of Reason of the company while giving him stupid talking points to get over, examples being "The WWE Championship is important NOT the guy holding it".

BATISTA_CenA I was!

I TOTALLY want Jerry Lawler back! He is missed by me as well as millions of others...LONG LIVE THE RETURN OF THE KING!!!

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Keep Lawler and JR off commentary. How are you supposed to believably push a new product when your two chief announcers are pushing 70?

I'd prefer not to have Lawler back on commentary either, but if it has to happen, hopefully it's a three-person booth with him, Cole, and either JBL or JR.

The Cole/King team is really bad.

surrender

Honestly I'd prefer to not have Lawler or JR calling matches anymore. Lawler has been pretty bad for a while, and I don't think JR has it anymore. However I don't know the alternative. Maybe Cole/JBL? I dont dig Matthews at all, and Striker is average, but I would take more as a temporary replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Cole/JR and Matthews/JBL is an ideal set of teams. This is as close to commentary heaven as they've gotten in quite some time.

Jerry really should feel free to take his time.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information