Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most overrated , most underrated...

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Default Most overrated , most underrated...

Who do you think are the most overrated and the most underrated superstars in WWE TODAY?

Personally I think the 3 most underrated are:

1-Dean Ambrose:
    How is this guy not debuting in NXT up until now is beyond me, it will be a dream for me to see him with Punk and Heyman.
    He has the potential to be the best, they just need to give him the ball.

2-Kassious Ohno
    Chris Hero, how is he on NXT is beyond me, incredible wrestles with abilities that need to be on the main event of RAW not on NXT.

3-Kane
    I don't think there is any superstar in wrestling history that has been more underrated than the big red Machine.
    Its really hard to believe that he is only a 2 times world champion (which = ADR's title reigns BTW).
    I don't know how Big Show got the "monster Heel" push back in June instead of Kane.
    They completely dropped the ball with his return at the beginning of the year by letting him get humiliated by "Super Cena"

4-Tyson Kid:
    Awesome high flyer, he definitely deserves more than what he gets.

Honorable mentions: Cody Rhodes, Michael Mcgillicutty, Drew McIntyre and Natalya.

And the most Overrated superstars are:

1-John Cena:
    It's really hard to believe that Cena won the world title 12 times in in just 6 years, triple the times more than HBK's entire career, more than The Rock, more than Undertaker, Edge, Austen, Hogan etc.....
    He has only 5 moves, his character is stale, call me a Cena hater, but I just can't stand him hugging the spotlight like this.

2-Big Show:
    He should just retire.
    He was a legend back in the early 2000s , but now he is nothing ore than a fluke who just embarrass himself every time he steps into the ring, or he hold a microphone

3-Sheamus:
    This guy is awesome and entertaining as a heel, but since his face turn and his "Cena like" push, he has become boring to point that I find the US and IC title matches more entertaining than the WHC matches.
    The problem is, this won't end anytime soonb as WWE are sticking with his face character.

4-ADR
    I used to like the guy last year, but this year I think he became so stale and boring , and his billion title matches against Sheamus didn't help at all.
    But thank God it's over now, and I just hope they book him more properly after he loses to Orton at HIAC.

Honorable mentions: Kaitlyn and Brodus Clay,

So, what do you think?
    Last edited by BaraaKhalaf92; 10-25-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Default Re: Most overrated , most underrated...

I agree with kane. He has got to be one of the best characters in wrestling history and is not terrible in the ring. I also agree with cena being overrated. I did not jump on the cena hate bandwagon a few years ago because I thought he was pretty good but lately the guy has been terrible. He had one bright spot carrying cm punk through a good match at money in the bank but other than that he has been terrible. His promos are restarted. You can tell that he is going out there and "acting" when he is cutting promos which is something that used to not be the case.

Most underrated: Rey Mysterio, Kane and Cody Rhodes.

Most overrated: Big Show, John Cena and The Miz.
    WWE since 2009 No Mercy, still going on!

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

Overrated:

Kane: My thoughts are well known on him. He doesn't have good matches and his character hasn't really been interesting at all over the last 8 or so years, besides right now.

Alberto Del Rio: Pretty good in the ring, but he hasn't had a match that left me thinking "Wow, that was awesome." He is bland as hell and hasn't cut a memorable promo since being in the WWE, in my opinion.

Randy Orton: I think he's a good wrestler, but his character, along with his mic skills, are awful. People in the industry talk about him like he's the most talented superstar on the roster. He's not even close.

Underrated:

Tyson Kidd: Very good in the ring, but has yet to get a singles push.

Cody Rhodes: Great on the mic and in the ring. He had a nice run with the IC title and has done nothing since then. Rhodes Scholars is nice, but it's beneath where he should be.

Drew McIntyre: I loved his run on Smackdown and he produced good match after good match. I have no idea why he got depushed, but it sucks.

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

Overrated

1. Zack Ryder - Just another corny cartoon character. We already got Cena, we don't need another cornball. And yeah, he sells merch and makes the company money, but I don't find him entertaining at all. Decent worker but we all know being Cena's buddy is why he got pushed in the first place. And now he's with Santino for no reason at all. Just release him, he won't be missed.

2. Randy Orton - Probably the most overrated, overpushed Superstar of all time. Great finisher and good look and nothing else. He is injury prone, has a bad attitude backstage and clearly no longer cares about his job. Not to mention he is just terrible on the mic. Even during his good heel reigns in 2007-2009, his promos sucked. I never found him entertaining and never will. Now he's basically a midcarder and is one strike from release, and quite frankly I don't think it will be a big loss.

3. Alberto Del Rio - Got the biggest push ever last year, a Rumble, MITB and two WWE Title wins. He didn't deserve any of it. He is a good worker but so boring on the mic and his gimmick is just a JBL ripoff and he doesn't really pull it off that great. Not sure why they pushed him the way they did, but as we all saw the push didn't pan out and he's just another main event jobber.

Underrated

1. Tyson Kidd - One of the best workers today, First he couldn't get back on Raw and now he does he's just a jobber. He deserves a shot at a midcard title and can outwork almost any Superstar in the company. Not to mention he plays a good underdog due to his size. His execution of moves is precise and he never botches or fails to put on a good match, not to mention he can make his opponents look good.

2. Justin Gabriel - Good worker, and like Kidd his size makes him a good underdog. Has a decent moveset and very good at mixing high flying moves with a more grounded set, I think if they gave him a chance he could really shine.

3. Christian - Probably the best worker in the biz today. Has had a great career and will never get a decent chance at main eventing simply cuz Vince doesn't like his looks. Nice to see him win two World titles and have a main event feud last year, but he deserves more. I was hesistant at calling him underrated, since so many fans have acknowledged his talent. But WWE apparently has no idea.

Overrated

ADR- This guy does not derserve to be any where near the main titles, The guy is bland and has no personality.

Zack Ryder- I don't see what everyone else sees, his charater annoyes the hell out of me, hes okay in the ring but a midcarder at best.

Kofi- I don't find the guy appealing, crap on the mic and in the ring hes just meh.

Underrated
    Kane- Back in his prime i still belive one of the best big men in wrestling history, may have slowed down abit but his charater has remained interesting throughout most of the years.

The Miz- Think he should be near the world title, probably in the top 5 best talking in the wwe right now, just needs to improve in the ring. Hes abit like a younger john cena.

Cody Rhoes- this year hasn't been the best in cody, seems to have gone backwards. Hes great in the ring and on the mic. But i feel that if his not careful might be left behind by Sandow.

Thanks To Hayze

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Overrated:
    Cena -I agree with Baraa
    Orton -Totally bland, IMO. MUCH better as heel
    Del Rio- nothing against the guy, but I'm more than ecstatic that his feud with Sheamus has finally ended

Underrated:
    Cody Rhodes -has potential to be great, if only he was given a chance to shine. I love the Rhodes/Sandow pairing.
    Tyson Kidd - puts on generally great matches from what I seen. I would love for him to get a run with a midcard title.
    Ziggler - man, oh, man. I don't even know where to begin with Ziggler. The man could sell a double foot stomp from Zack Gowen. I'd love to see him actually get in a nice winning streak before his inevitable WHC run actually seems credible.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Underrated:
    Antonio Cesaro: don't know why more people aren't excited about this potential major star, he's got all the tools in the ring, a great look, amazing strength, and cool looking moves.
    He should be pushed right away.

Randy Orton: Yes he's boring on the mic, but this guy is a helluva wrestler and is always gold in the ring, more than I think he's given credit for, and when the WWE was properly pushing him with his silent but deadly viper thing back in 2010 he was very over as a face, but they derailed it by making him the Smackdown guy, which is always viewed as a demotion.

Kofi Kingston: I think he's best high flyer in the WWE, and if given a proper gimmick he could be a star.

Overrated:
    John Cena:...for reasons already stated by others in this thread.

Sheamus: And people call Orton boring, this guy is boring as hell to me, at least as a face.

Miz: He should be a commentator only.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    Underrated:
    Antonio Cesaro: don't know why more people aren't excited about this potential major star, he's got all the tools in the ring, a great look, amazing strength, and cool looking moves.

Randy Orton: Yes he's boring on the mic, but this guy is a helluva wrestler and is always gold in the ring, more than I think he's given credit for, and when the WWE was properly pushing him with his silent but deadly viper thing back in 2010 he was very over as a face, but they derailed it by making him the Smackdown guy, which is always viewed as a demotion.

Kofi Kingston: I think he's best high flyer in the WWE, and if given a proper gimmick he could be a star.

Overrated:

Sheamus: And people call Orton boring, this guy is boring as hell to me, at least as a face.

He almost made my list. He bores the hell out of me.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Sheamus is certainly boring and stale right now, but the reason why I didn't put him on my list as an overrated is the character he used to have when he was a heel.

Face Sheamus is boring and overrated, Heel Sheamus is not...

So now, Sheamus is definitely overrated ...
    Fave 6:

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

I just updated my list....
    Fave 6:

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Overrated
    Dolph Ziggler - Everyone thinks he's awesome but I disagree. See this post for an explanation.
    Alberto Del Rio - Basically the same explanation as the one I gave for Ziggler, except I find Del Rio to be boring rather than just average. His beat feature is his ability to portray a snobby rich guy. Apart from that, he's poor. Mic work extremely repetitive. Ring work almost always dull. Don't understand why he is so well-liked.
    The Big Show - While his size is no doubt impressive, it is a curse as well as a blessing as it severely limits him and his opponents in the ring. 99% of his matches are snoozefests. He has moments of greatness on the mic but most of the time he's unimpressive.

I was tempted to put Miz or Cesaro in the third slot but, unlike Big Show, both guys have been improving/growing on me in recent weeks.

Underrated
    Drew McIntyre - He deserves so much better than what he's getting. He's just as good at the bruiser brawling style as Sheamus and Barrett, yet the latter two are main-eventing while Drew is stuck in a goofy stable after being irrelevant for months on end. Not a brilliant talker but he's more than capable of a good promo, and he's proven he can be a great heel with his awesome feud against Kofi/Teddy Long a couple of years ago. He gets more underrated points as almost everyone on PW dislikes him
    Trent Barreta - He's awesome.
    Tyson Kidd - He's the standout of the WWE-irrelevants. Always puts on a good match regardless of the length or opponent. One of the most versatile workers in the company.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Under-rated
    Tyson Kidd - Agreed with everyone else that has him here, dude can flat out go, one of the best workers in WWE today.

Jack Swagger - Guy has a big personality, never gets to show it, and people complain about him being boring...don't think this is his fault. WWE crushed him pretty well as champion by saying "Hey, so, you'll be champion, but you're going to lose your personality for it. K?" Very good in he ring and I think he can do a LOT more than he's been given.

Drew McIntyre - Much better than being a sidekick to Heath Slater, but at least he's on TV again.

Over-rated
    Sheamus - The "Great White" has been nothing but greatly boring since his Royal Rumble win. Hey fella, I'm gonna kick your arse. Win. Hey fella, I'm gonna kick your arse, win. Hey fella....seriously fellas in creative, give him a storyline aside from fight and win.

Alberto Del Rio - He's fallen into the rut of his character. He does the same exact things time in and time out, gets title shots at a John Cena type of rate and the best thing about him is his ring announcer. He can flat perform in the ring, but he lacks that something special to me.

Trent Baretta - This is my only PW related pick, the rest are how I feel they stand with WWE themselves. But guys, Trent is good, but it's not going to happen, it's okay.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Overrated

Justin Gabriel: The absolute worst kind of drizzling shits. The dude is like a shitty Caw, who stole AJ Styles move set and is not good at it. He has the personality of a doorknob and the appeal of a bag of worms. The absolute prototype of a person, whose appeal is he can flip all over the ring; people are sitting around and waiting for him to hit the 450. I will admit is impressive, because it is the slowest 450 ever, I guess on some levels that is impressive. As A worker the dude is bland, weak as kicks, spotty seller, and not really a standout at anything. He does not have the snap of somebody like Bourne, London, and apparently his Idol AJ Styles. Kidd is way better then this Schmuck, you can plug Richie Steamboat in the last three outings with Cesaro, and he would have been an instant hit. I guess his appeal, is a lot of guys cream themselves over flips, which is ok, but let us not get him confused as anything near a good worker or a future star.

This person might annoy me more then another shit sandwich like Kofi. However, I can at least give Kofi credit for doing his own thing and not blatantly lifting from anybody else. Kofi shitty performing is his and his alone. Sure, he is bad but at least he is bad at doing HIS shit. That alone shows you there is room for improvement and a pidgin of hope for, Kofi.

Justin Gabriel is a person who is just sitting around waiting for Spring Cleaning; the sad thing is he might take a real talent like Kidd with him. There are a plethora of guys way better than Gabriel on the roster, WWE picking to give this guy TV time the last few weeks is baffling, when you have Hunico, HHHero, Richie, and even Rollins at your disposal.

Get well soon, Bourne…Please, we need an exciting Flippy Job Guy to put over the up and comers.

Overrated as shit

Wade Barrett: Don't know what happen to this kid. He has caught the Dean Malenko Syndrome, a Hell of an In Ring Talent and bland as shit otherwise. The thing is Dean never had a main event push and never showed signs of being a great Main Event Caliber character, so he never lost any of that. This is the problem with Wade, he had it all and somehow lost everything but his work in the ring. Plus, The Limey bitch stole HHHero's finisher.

Underated:
    Hunico, easily a top 5 guy as a worker in the company. Had some solid matches with Ted "The Streak Killer" Dibiase JR. Totally outshined Sin Cara in their little feud, is full of charisma and a pretty damn good chracter. If there was ever a reason to bring back the CW Division and a guy who could be The Ace it is Hunico. I think we could plug this guy in to the Original CW Division in WCW and he would have been great there also and that was a near perfect division from 95-98 and had a heell of a roster of talent. So me saying taht, means I have a very high opinion of Mr. Hunico.

Why they haven't had him steal one of Del Rio's cars yet is beyond me? They really need to call up Konan and Homicide and let Hunico lead a new LACX without that name of course. I feel they would draw a huge audience from the Hispanic Market, if they book some Mexican Thugs going up against some douche bag Mexican Aristocrat trying to hold them back. It has money written all ovger it, it even gives Epico and

Against Yoshi Tatsu [Another underrated Guy that shits all over Gabriel as a worker]. Great match. Hunico great at bumping, tremmendous selling, takes some wicked strikes from Yoshi, and is just doing all the small thigs well. No wasted motion. Has a betetr Angle Slam then Kurt, and a better Swanton then Jeff and Cara

Making Sin Cara better then anybody outside of Drew McIntyre

WWE needs more Hunico. He can save the Midcard and get way more over then the Hack Yough "Flyers" they're pushing right now

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Overrated
    Dolph Ziggler - Everyone thinks he's awesome but I disagree. See this post for an explanation.
    Alberto Del Rio - Basically the same explanation as the one I gave for Ziggler, except I find Del Rio to be boring rather than just average. His beat feature is his ability to portray a snobby rich guy. Apart from that, he's poor. Mic work extremely repetitive. Ring work almost always dull. Don't understand why he is so well-liked.
    The Big Show - While his size is no doubt impressive, it is a curse as well as a blessing as it severely limits him and his opponents in the ring. 99% of his matches are snoozefests. He has moments of greatness on the mic but most of the time he's unimpressive.

I was tempted to put Miz or Cesaro in the third slot but, unlike Big Show, both guys have been improving/growing on me in recent weeks.

Underrated
    Drew McIntyre - He deserves so much better than what he's getting. He's just as good at the bruiser brawling style as Sheamus and Barrett, yet the latter two are main-eventing while Drew is stuck in a goofy stable after being irrelevant for months on end. Not a brilliant talker but he's more than capable of a good promo, and he's proven he can be a great heel with his awesome feud against Kofi/Teddy Long a couple of years ago. He gets more underrated points as almost everyone on PW dislikes him
    Trent Barreta - He's awesome.
    Tyson Kidd - He's the standout of the WWE-irrelevants. Always puts on a good match regardless of the length or opponent. One of the most versatile workers in the company.
    I respect your opinion, but seeing Ziggler in your overrated list and then Trent and Drew in your underrated list is kinda funny to me. But opinions vary.

at Industry's description of Gabriel. So harsh, yet so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Codebreaker82 View Post
    I respect your opinion, but seeing Ziggler in your overrated list and then Trent and Drew in your underrated list is kinda funny to me. But opinions vary.
    Could you explain to me why you find it funny? I'm not insulted, just curious. Is it just that you like Ziggler and dislike the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    at Industry's description of Gabriel. So harsh, yet so funny.

Could you explain to me why you find it funny? I'm not insulted, just curious. Is it just that you like Ziggler and dislike the other two?
    Pretty much. Especially Drew. Guy has been given so many chances to shine and fails every time. Like this 3MB crap, just another random gimmick he can kill time with. He has a sweet DDT but that's about it.

What chances has Drew been given since the 'Chosen One' stuff ended? Drew's early days on Smackdown were awesome, especially the feud with Kofi/Teddy. That was the peak of his awesomeness. Then he randomly got depushed into irrelevancy and as far as I can remember he hasn't been given anything since then until 3MB, and 3MB is just a comedy jobber group.

Just each passing year, his career seems no better. Just a random midcarder.

Which is part of the reason why I think he's underrated. He's good enough to be at least a permanent fixture in the midcard.

I find really odd to say that Trent Barretta is overrated. The guy is only 25 years old, yet one of the best on the roster. Look at everyone who had to wait to they were older to find a permanent place on the roster. For now, he's perfecting his craft while wrestling some of the best down in NXT. His time will come eventually, but we will have to wait patiently.

I'll add who I think later.

Yeah, that's why I call him overrated. A lot on the internet put him over like he's this great future Superstar and he hasn't even done anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    Underrated:

Overrated:

Orton is the most boring wrestler other than Sheamus, but agree 100% w/ Cesaro
    Last edited by atlantaaaron; 10-31-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Underrated:
    1. Antonio Cesaro
    2. Dolph Ziggler
    3. Heath Slater

Overrated:
    1. Sheamus
    2. Randy Orton
    3. Bautista (I realize he's gone but damn, had to include that douche)

Quote Originally Posted by Codebreaker82 View Post
    Yeah, that's why I call him overrated. A lot on the internet put him over like he's this great future Superstar and he hasn't even done anything yet.
    Falcone's the only PW poster I know of, except myself, who has expressed a liking for Trent Barreta. Nobody else cares. That's why I think he is underrated.

Thread Information