Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, You Know this Miz/Kofi feud has me pretty interested.

Default So, You Know this Miz/Kofi feud has me pretty interested.

The Larry King then pretty much sucked. I will say Miz was the best thing about the segment and pretty much carried the whole thing. It was not offensive at all.

The Main Event segment last week was good. Mize did a good job pretty much putting Kofi over by burying him. Kofi was shitty on the promo, but the shit they wrote for him was good and helped get his point across to build to a match next week. The Way Main Event is laid out, I feel they will put the match over as a pretty big deal in the same vein they did Sheamus/Punk and Show/Orton. I do not think this match will be as good as either of those, but ME so far has been great building matches up and making the Main feel important.

Last Night, Miz cut a great promo at first glance it looked like a burial. Then the match later pretty much made Kofi look like somewhat of a star. Then, The TIP happened and purely accidental it made Kofi look like an absolute killer, never has an accident did so much for a performer who was pretty much buried an hour before. Miz buries Kofi on the mice, Kofi challenges him for an appetizer match before ME this week, and then after a bad match Kofi just knocks the shit out of him with about as vicious a kick I have seen. I am not for people getting concussion and being sloppy. That being said, that botch pretty much put Kofi in a pretty good position and they might have to sell the shit out of that this week.

I'm looking forward Kofi/Miz match, that alone mean they have done something right and the build although which was pretty much a vehicle to bury Kofi, because he was being asked to do something he isn't good at, carry himself on the mic against Miz and his wrestling isn't enough to make him star. Yet he has set himself up as a talent who could be a threat.

This will all be dead and gone by next week I wager, but as of now, they have done a good job with this...
    Last edited by The Industry; 10-16-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Default Re: So, You Know this Miz/Kofi feud has me pretty interested.

Miz is very good at creating faces...look at the pop Riley got initially because of Miz. Hopefully he's alright after this and the match can happen down the road since I think its asking too much for him to compete with a possible concussion 24/48 hours after the match. I saw guys like Zeke Jackson and Albert/Tensai give their reactions and they kinda mocked Miz for taking the shot but I don't know if they are staying in character or not(Tensai tried to defuse it all after his initial comment ) so I am curious what the reaction backstage would be to what happening.

I like Kingston and what he brings to the table in the ring, just the WWE has never given viewers a care to have interest in his persona/gimmick which is a shame. Hopefully this accident does not mean anything moving forward for Kofi, this is a real make or break year for him as a singles competitor and he could either be a black Jeff Hardy clone for the WWE(Not as well liked by the crowds though) or fall into the same spot Morrison was in by being "Good but not good enough". I think he can be really good in that Chris Benoit chasing the title type of storyline by being close but never getting to the top until a long time.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

I was distracted and missed the TIP was it a botch

Banned

Miz should be in the mainevent facing Sheamus, not with Kofi. But I guess they finally want Kofi as their Jamacian me crazy go to face.

The Miz and Kingston promo was great.

I don't care how fashionable it is to bash the Miz these days; the fact is the guy is extremely talented.

I am happy to see Kingston show some fire. This is the guys chance to go to the next level.

I didn't like how they gave away the Intercontinental title match on Raw. I thought they had a nice buildup leading up to Wednesday night.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

Banned

I'm interested, which says a lot about how well this has been booked. I normally couldn't give any fucks about Kofi. I don't think he's really all that talented, and I agree with the sentiment that he's hit his ceiling. Yet last night, I was sorta cheering for him. That itself is an accomplishment. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here and if they can make me feel something positive about Kofi in the future. So kudos.

Also, that TIP was tremendous. An absolute highlight reel moment.

The Poster You Deserve Darkestearth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I was distracted and missed the TIP was it a botch
    How distracted were you? They showed it like 4 times in replays and no it wasn't a botch...

*Signature & Av made by Fresh Prince*

Banned

What miz said about kofi was 100 percent true. What has kofi done, nothing. And I am glad miz put it out there.
    And if kofi wins the title Wednesday, I will be pissed.

Banned

Why be pissed? The only way for these young bucks to do things is by doing them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Why be pissed? The only way for these young bucks to do things is by doing them.
    I don't want him too win the title, especially on a none brand show.

Well I enjoyed the Kingston/Miz match on Raw, I probably would have made their match on The Main Event the non-title match with Kingston winning followed by an Intercontinental championship match at the Hell in a Cell PPV with Miz retaining.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

They made it a title match on The Main Event because they want people to actually start watching that show. I expect Kofi to win the title there to create some more buzz for it, as well.

Figured as much, though for some reason I thought Hell in a Cell was this Sunday until I double checked.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestearth View Post
    How distracted were you? They showed it like 4 times in replays and no it wasn't a botch...
    Considering refs and people were all over him, looking in his eyes and throwing up exes.....yeah, I think something went funky.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Miz is very good at creating faces...look at the pop Riley got initially because of Miz. Hopefully he's alright after this and the match can happen down the road since I think its asking too much for him to compete with a possible concussion 24/48 hours after the match. I saw guys like Zeke Jackson and Albert/Tensai give their reactions and they kinda mocked Miz for taking the shot but I don't know if they are staying in character or not(Tensai tried to defuse it all after his initial comment ) so I am curious what the reaction backstage would be to what happening.

I like Kingston and what he brings to the table in the ring, just the WWE has never given viewers a care to have interest in his persona/gimmick which is a shame. Hopefully this accident does not mean anything moving forward for Kofi, this is a real make or break year for him as a singles competitor and he could either be a black Jeff Hardy clone for the WWE(Not as well liked by the crowds though) or fall into the same spot Morrison was in by being "Good but not good enough". I think he can be really good in that Chris Benoit chasing the title type of storyline by being close but never getting to the top until a long time.
    Kofi was minted as a face a lonnnnnnggggg time go. He has been one of the most consistently over faces in the company. Few guys get pops as consistently as he does, and this is despite the WWE rarely having anything for him.

And, Industry, I don't know where you're coming from with this suggestion that Kofi made Thunder in Paradise look effective for the first time last night, but it's inaccurate. Kofi might hit the occasional pitter-patter drop kick, but he always makes TiP look pretty beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Kofi was minted as a face a lonnnnnnggggg time go. He has been one of the most consistently over faces in the company. Few guys get pops as consistently as he does, and this is despite the WWE rarely having anything for him.

And, Industry, I don't know where you're coming from with this suggestion that Kofi made Thunder in Paradise look effective for the first time last night, but it's inaccurate. Kofi might hit the occasional pitter-patter drop kick, but he always makes TiP look pretty beastly.

TIP is probably the worst executed finisher I ever seen. Which is probably why it looked awesome when he botched it and nearly turned Miz in to a vegetable?

Nonetheless, at least I am interested in both guys now opposed to not giving a fuck about either for years...Feeling bad for Punk burying Miz notwithstanding

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    TIP is probably the worst executed finisher I ever seen. Which is probably why it looked awesome when he botched it and nearly turned Miz in to a vegetable?

Nonetheless, at least I am interested in both guys now opposed to not giving a fuck about either for years...Feeling bad for Punk burying Miz notwithstanding
    A lot of fans disagree based on the big pops when he suddenly hits the move. And he just about always makes it look impactful. That being said, I've seen him land a few bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    I don't want him too win the title, especially on a none brand show.
    I really like The Main Event on Wednesdays. Its different and provides a unique feeling to the matches, I'm not sure if that is just me. I would love for The Main Event to be the show where the IC title and US title get defended often as main events.

Chances are they will have Kofi go over Miz for the title to show people they need to watch on Wednesday nights. Although it was weird that they had the match on RAW, maybe the Miz gets DQed.

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

I hope kofi does not win the title. I like miz as champ. He makes the title seem awesome. If kofi wins he will ruin the title, just like santino did. I am not being cynical or negative.
    I just know. If kofi wins the title, he will make the title seem like crap.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I really don't see the connection between a comedy heel and a semi-serious face.

The Miz is IMO is a poor in-ring worker, but ironically one of my favorite matches of his was at Breaking Point against the very guy he just lost to.
    It's showtime, folks!

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    I really like The Main Event.
    Damn straight.

Yeah, I'm gonna have fun with this show name

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Knows he isn't welcome

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    I hope kofi does not win the title. I like miz as champ. He makes the title seem awesome.
    How exactly does he do that?

If kofi wins he will ruin the title, just like santino did.
    No, booking and your personal distaste of Santino did that.

I am not being cynical or negative. I just know.
    You just know? how so? what abilities do you have to predict the future?

If kofi wins the title, he will make the title seem like crap.
    Once again, no. If Kofi wins the title and it starts to "seem" like crap (I personally think it's not really anything special right now either), it will be because the writers are stupid.

Unless you give me a better answer than "You're wrong".
    That's all, folks.

Banned

The Shaman of Sexy would like to have a word with you.

Linda McMahon taking a Stunner is the single worst execution of any move ever.

Thread Information