Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryback WILL be champion!

Default Ryback WILL be champion!

The question is when?

Also on a side note,

If Punk drops his title how does his "respect" character develope?

Equally does this throw Ryback into the whole Rock/Cena/Punk feud?

Default Re: Ryback WILL be champion!

He will see that forcing people to respect him is wrong and will attempt to make amends by earning it.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

He has worked to hard and built up to much hatred from the fans to throw it away with a cheap turn to a good guy.

The real question is, if Ryback wins at HIAC, what then? Does he lose it before the rumble to Cena or Punk? Does he face the Rock and lose there? Does he beat the Rock at the Rumble and march on to Wrestlemania?

On the one hand (Punk winning), you have a very clear path to the Rumble. On the other (Ryback), there is absolutely no clue as to what will go down after he wins. And on that basis alone, I'd be down with Ryback winning, just to see where WWE goes with it.
    baboosh

I'm all over Ryback for the win, I think it will be incredibly brave and clever for ryback to beat punk and it would have to be clean. If they are determined to make him the next big thing they have to run with him and push the streak.

The unpredictability of this is enough to make me buy the PPV.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

I love Punk in all kinds of sick ways but even I am down for a Ryback win right now. The guy is over like a motherfucker and the sheer unpredictability could bring in the viewers

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

And I think that is key, unpredictability, in every era of wrestleing from the dawn of time unpredictability has kept people watching!

I like the Ryback as well, but I am kinda torn. Would I like to see the Ryback as champion? Yes. But not right now. Here are my reasons, and I am not bashing the Ryback, but WWE creative.

1. I want Punk to make to one year as champion

2. I think the Ryback needs to show off his ring skills a little more. I remember from FCW he has a good arsenal and can execute it very well, but since he's come to WWE we've only seen like 5 or 6 moves from him. Show me that gut-wrench back breaker or that move where he does a suplex, then ala-Eddie Guerrero turns back up to his feet then does an arm bar into a side suplex. I know the guy can actually wrestle and has really good ring ability and the potential to get even better, they just need to let him show it off cause the before too long, the same old smash and bash will get boring.

3. Like I said before, I know this isn't a Ryback thing, but a WWE creative thing to make him seem unstoppable, but he hardly sells anything. Like no matter what anyone throws at him, he just suddenly stands up like nothing's happened, like the match just started. lol. Now I don't have all the facts, but I think he is just doing as ordered by Vince or whoever. I'm pretty sure its a WWE thing and they want him to not really sell anything right now cause I've seen him sell on NXT and FCW.

4. I wanna see a streak vs streak against the Taker at Mania. But if he has the title, he'll probably end up losing it to the Rock at the Rumble. But then again, I don't see how he can win at HIaC without winning the title, unless they do another draw or maybe a bunch of stars rush the ring and it ends in a no contest or something. Though I'd rather see him as champion than have the streak end, which I am afraid it will end at HIaC. But if it is to end, there are worse ways it could happen than in a cage match with Punk, so maybe it will be a good loss.

I mean, if Punk does get the win after an awesome match and retains the title til I think the middle of November to make it a year, then I would be happy with that. So yeah, like I said, I'm a bit torn. But if there was a way for the Ryback to win and CM Punk to also retain, I would be ecstatic. lol. But in a cage match with no DQ or count out, that won't happen. So I guess I'll say that as long as the match is really good and delivers all I hope it will, I don't care what the outcome is. lol.

He's over but the guy is not ready. Then again, they're desperate and titles are just props these days

Since its pretty obvious that Punk won't be losing the title to Daniel Bryan, I figure he has to lose it to someone. I am OK with Punk losing the title to Ryback. Honestly, I rather him win the title instead of The Rock. I think they need to just book him correctly and keep building him up as a Goldberg.

Banned

I certainly hope Ryback gets his ass kicked and loses the match. Punk all the way!

I reckon Punk hangs onto the belt but Ryback looks like an absolute beast and it takes a mammoth effort to put him down so that he still looks strong

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Why does everyone keep classing him with Goldberg? Aside from the shaved head and muscles, he's nothing like the guy. He's more like a mix of the Ultimate Warrior and Brock Lesnar than anything else. I mean, Goldberg was unique, there is no one really like him. He was a big guy and intense and a true force to be reckoned with, but at the same time he wasn't a typical "monster" type. He was methodical, intelligent, and knew how to wrestle rather than just relying on power alone. He was like HHH and Sid rolled into one package with a little Hulk Hogan thrown in. lol. That's the best I can describe it. XD lol.

They take that belt off Punk they need to be prepared to let Ryback run roughshod over everybody the next year or until the fans turn on him. If they go with Ryback having him lose at the Rumble [unless he is losing numbers]-would be stupid. I say, they have Brock cause him the match, get Trips/Brock over with at The Series with Ryback causing Brock the match and from there build to Mania.

Either at The Rumble have one of the two eliminated the other or some shit. If, you can sacrifice Sheamus and move the WHC title to Brock, and have Ryback get him back at Mania. .

Go with the Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol View Post
    Why does everyone keep classing him with Goldberg? Aside from the shaved head and muscles, he's nothing like the guy. He's more like a mix of the Ultimate Warrior and Brock Lesnar than anything else. I mean, Goldberg was unique, there is no one really like him. He was a big guy and intense and a true force to be reckoned with, but at the same time he wasn't a typical "monster" type. He was methodical, intelligent, and knew how to wrestle rather than just relying on power alone. He was like HHH and Sid rolled into one package with a little Hulk Hogan thrown in. lol. That's the best I can describe it. XD lol.
    The streak. The chants. The quick squashes. And lets face it, Ryback is the result of Goldberg and RVD having a baby.

I'm torn on this thing too, but I'm going to have to say let Punk still reign. The reason I'm saying this putting the title on Ryback now as stated means the company has to go full bore with his push and this company changes with the wind which might screw Ryback in the end. If anything let Ryback get the title at Mania from someone with a proper build.

With that said Ryback ending Punk's reign would get people talking. I do like the idea of Brock costing him the match being Heyman's camp. If the company is serious Ryback/Lesnar is a sure way to get him even more over with a win, but I can't see Brock going down to him in 10 minutes though.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-3 Kid View Post
    He's over but the guy is not ready. Then again, they're desperate and titles are just props these days
    Titles were always props.

The Ultimate Fic'er Competitor: Proud Member of Team RT
    • Round 1 Result: Survived, Team RT MVP (Rebooking WrestleMania XXX)
    • Round 1 Result: Survived (Promo, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin)

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

RyBack won't be beating Punk , He's just in there because Cena can't be...no other reason at all & no reason to take the belt off Punk until the Rumble... ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Titles were always props.
    Maybe, but they use to have a lot more meaning and value.

Anyways, please NO to taking the title off Punk and giving it to Ryback. Find a way to let Ryback chase the WHC.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Banned

I say give the belt to Ryback. I know the track record of over pushing guys, But the WWE title is in a different place now then it was a couple years ago. The champion (sadly) isnt the focus of the show anymore, Cena is. So if Ryback is a flop it doesnt really hurt TOO bad IMO. I think if your gonna go through with Ryback though, You gotta keep him moving in a positive direction without any set backs. Having him draw, get screwed etc may be enough to knock him off track with the fans. I think hes gotta keep mowing through the competition and Punk losing to Ryback at this point doesnt hurt him at all. Hes been Champ forever, Hes never faced off with Ryback so if he loses its not as bad as him losing to Cena per say (the same guy he beat 5 times in the past 2 years) so it comes off as a credible defeat. And its similiar to the Honkey Tonk Man/ Warrior match where this guy has been champ for 300+ days and this monster comes outa nowhere and puts him down. I think its the time to do it, or atleast for WWE to have a set of balls and try it.

Vince's greatest success's came from big risks. Take one here and see what happens. If Ryback fails, Oh well nothing changes then. If he succeeds then WWE has a big star on there hands

Lesnar has to be envolved in this match, If they chuck the title of Ryback then what then???? Rock is set to hold the title into mania.

I feel WWE have shot them selfs in the foot with this. Sure in the short run it will be great but after a few months cracks will appear.

Thanks To Hayze

Banned

I wouldnt be so sure Rock is gonna be champion going into 'Mania. I think its more likely with the latest developments that Lesnar is Champion going into 'Mania and Rock beats Lesnar to win the belt at 29.

If Ryback beats Punk at HIAC then Heyman would turn around and use his monster (Lesnar) to Neutralize Ryback. I dont like WWE booking these matches in advance though like Royal Rumble because right now people want to see Ryback, Not The Rock. This is an all new way of holding down the young guys, Now they book the old guys in matches months in advance and your locked into doing that now. And I love The Rock but Ryback is catching on quick but WWE is booked into a corner....YET AGAIN

I have a feeling, after Cena said Ryback probably doesn't care about the title, that Rybacks just going to murder Punk and walk away, just to prove a point.
    baboosh

I actually see this match as a setup against Cena because you know he will be involved somehow and I see Ryback turning on Cena and joinng CM Punk and Paul Heyman

Thread Information