Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryback Better Than Goldberg?

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Default Ryback Better Than Goldberg?

Story By: Steve Carrier

"Ryback addressed oft-made comparisons between himself and Bill Goldberg during an interview published in the latest issue of WWE Magazine. He said they don't bother him and that "people are misinformed."

"People see a big guy with a shaved head who's intense, and they draw those comparisons," said Ryback. "I will say this: Goldberg did this for the money. He was never a fan of wrestling. I do this because I have a passion for it, and that's the biggest difference between Goldberg and me. I'm not here to make five million dollars and then walk away. I'm here for life. And, I firmly believe that I'm much better than he was in the ring. He was great, and I was a fan of his when I was younger. But, I feel I'm a better athlete and wrestler than Goldberg ever was, and people are going to see that over time.'"

Thoughts?
    Do you agree? Disagree?
    Feed Me More or Who's Next?
    So many questions.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned

Default Re: Ryback Better Than Goldberg?

Goldberg was at one time, the most talked about wrestler. He had the look the strength. But he was not a good wrestler, Bret Hart will tell you. As for Ryback, we have not seen him in a back and fourth match. So I do not know how good he is.
    But if Rybacks push is a success, he may one day be on goldbergs league. I guesse we have too find out

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I can agree that we haven't yet seen enough to judge Ryback on. But those are definitely some bold claims, even for WWE magazine.lol I would love to see him actually cut a promo like this rather than "I Big Hungry. Need Eat. Feed Me More."
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I really wouldn't compare Sheffield to Goldberg I mean sure there's a lot of similarities but I dunno there was just something about Goldberg that Sheffield doesn't have.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I'm definitely on the Ryback bandwagon but its far too early to be fair to either guy.

I definitely dont think he will ever reach the levels of popularity that Goldberg did in todays world of wreslting. Goldberg was alot better than I've heard some people give him credit for as well , he was decent in the ring and capable of having a good match and I loved his offense and charisma. He certainly wasnt some complete hack , even if the questions about his passion for the business are valid.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Banned

I remember in a interview. Goldberg said he came back too the wwe for the fans. But as we all no, he did not give a f""k at end off his wwe run. Maybe he just had enough.

Goldberg wasnt a great wrestler but when he was put with the right person he could be carried to a very good match, his match with DDP is still one of the best matches I ever saw out of WCW, he had good matches with Scott Stiener as well, he was far from terrible.

Rybeck has yet to come close to impressing me.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too early to tell.

But Ryback's attitude has to be appreciated. He described those that don't pay attention very well. Seems like a intelligent guy.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

Ryback hasn't done enough (or anything at all) to make a claim like that. He's got the potential to get there but to say you're better than one of the biggest names to ever walk through the door at this point in your career is ridiculous in my opinion. Goldberg, passion or not, had IT (whatever IT is). Despite his limited ring ability, he knows how to get the fans involved with his theatrics, his impressive offensive moves, and a aura of cool total badass even though he totally sucks in everything else. Goldberg's enterance alone (which in my opinion is the best enterance for any wrestler in the history of the business) makes you want to getup and mark tha fuck out for the guy. I respect Rybak for his passion for the business though which can't be said for Goldberrg
    Last edited by 1-2-3 Kid; 10-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Banned

It's laughable to even compare the two. Goldberg was a stiff explosive monster who actually had the strength to pull off the power moves.

Where as Ryback is slow and has weak power moves. And the power moves he has he can't even do them.

Goldberg Part II will never be as big as Goldberg. Better in the ring? Too soon to say, when he starts having matches longer than 5 minutes, then we'll see.

Banned

Tensai did not give Ryback any help though. Show is very good at helping his opponents lift him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Tensai did not give Ryback any help though. Show is very good at helping his opponents lift him.
    Tell that to Kevin Nash.

Nash was too weak to powerbomb a guy like Giant.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Codebreaker82 View Post
    Nash was too weak to powerbomb a guy like Giant.
    Nah he managed a very impressive powerbomb on him. I don't recall the event but he did it perfectly besides him collapsing lol.

I found a video on youtube. It's the #1 Powerbomb the botch is also in this video think it was 7 or 8.

Ryback needs to shut the fuck up. Talking is not something he needs to do. Just go out there, grunt/growl, do power moves, yell "FEED ME MORE!" and get rich.

Nobody pays to hear what you think about Goldberg, if there is no payoff to it in the long run.

Shut the fuck up and stay over, dummy

The Jackhammer is a lot easier to setup due to momentum if the opponent help you. Big Show normally is very helpful when people need to lifted him. I think at one time he said the only person that really didn't need help lifting him was Brock Lesnar during his first run.

I am going to guess Ryback does have more passion the Goldberg, is better in the ring, and on the mic then Goldberg. As for the better wrestler that would be Goldberg still because people paid to see him, had the support or the fans, and was heavily talked about during his time even to this day.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Ryback isn't better in the ring then Goldberg. I mean come on.

Personally, in terms of picking up Big Show and whatnot, I'd say Brock Lesnar easily has the claim to the #1 spot on that front.

I'm definitely with Ryback though. He's fun to watch.

I like him to.

Not sure I'm a fan of Bug Hungry being his nickname.

I'm not a fan of him doing these kind of interviews either.

Big Hungry? Really?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    The Jackhammer is a lot easier to setup due to momentum if the opponent help you. Big Show normally is very helpful when people need to lifted him. I think at one time he said the only person that really didn't need help lifting him was Brock Lesnar during his first run.

I am going to guess Ryback does have more passion the Goldberg, is better in the ring, and on the mic then Goldberg. As for the better wrestler that would be Goldberg still because people paid to see him, had the support or the fans, and was heavily talked about during his time even to this day.
    Might be a lot easier to set up but Goldberg has held Show up in a vertical suplex for around 3-4 seconds. That's not easy at all much more impressive then anything I have ever seen.

Edit

Banned

Goldberg was a good wrestler, but he was quite sloppy, and He did not realy care about the well being off his opponents during some off his matches.

Banned

He says he's better than Goldberg in the ring? I say, prove it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    I can agree that we haven't yet seen enough to judge Ryback on. But those are definitely some bold claims, even for WWE magazine.lol I would love to see him actually cut a promo like this rather than "I Big Hungry. Need Eat. Feed Me More."
    I agree 100% with Spear. He has shown potential but laid down no concrete proof as of today to make me believe he is a better performer then Goldberg.

Thread Information