Thread: CM Punk/John Cena?

Senior Member HunterSniderBrand's Avatar

Default CM Punk/John Cena?

I just got done watching Impact, and until the last 3 minutes of the show, the last hour was pretty solid. But is it just me, or is TNA trying to do the SAME exact thing WWE is doing with Punk/Cena? Aries said and I quote "I'm the champion, but TNA is catering to Jeff Hardy." Now, I'm not a TNA Hater. I want them to succeed, but as everyone always says, for them to succeed, they have to be DIFFERENT then the WWE. Not the EXACT same way.
    Credit to RT for the banner!

Default Re: CM Punk/John Cena?

Well, Austin Aries and CM Punk have a common problem.

The wrestling business has no problem with Jeff Hardy fucking up and leaving everyone high and dry on a whim...and coming back whenever he feels like it.

And let's not pretend that there isn't a parallel with Austin Aries and CM Punk, either.

Guess I'm gonna have to go back to being the old me after all...
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

TNA has mangaged to ruin a years worth of creaditably as far as the title goes just for Jeff Hardy good job.

Thank you HAYZE!

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post

The wrestling business has no problem with Jeff Hardy fucking up and leaving everyone high and dry on a whim...and coming back whenever he feels like it.

And let's not pretend that there isn't a parallel with Austin Aries and CM Punk, either.

And neither do the casual wrestling fans, apparently.

The only reason its a parallel is because TNA is ripping off the "Jealous Champion" storyline from WWE. I mean, yeah it's true that Hardy that messed up, left and came back and got the "Cena Treatment", but do they have to make it a main TNA Storyline? No. It just looks really pathetic to a viewer that watches both programs to see the same exact thing on Thursday night that you saw on a Monday night. Maybe its just me though, who knows..

Jeff Hardy is still in TNA? I thought they let him go for being a junkie. I don't follow TNA so not for sure. If they let him come and go like that and with all his problems, it sets a bad example for the rest of the locker room. Is it worth one star? How big a draw for the company is Hardy anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Codebreaker82 View Post
    Jeff Hardy is still in TNA? I thought they let him go for being a junkie. I don't follow TNA so not for sure. If they let him come and go like that and with all his problems, it sets a bad example for the rest of the locker room. Is it worth one star? How big a draw for the company is Hardy anyway?

Jeff Hardy is the John Cena of the WWE.

Which goes back to my orignal point, of just because Hardy is similar to Cena, and Aries is similar to Punk, do you really have to make a similar storyline like WWE? No.

I am trying to imagine the reaction Vince and Cena would get if John Cena was bad off like Hardy. And in a PG setting no less. Bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Codebreaker82 View Post
    I am trying to imagine the reaction Vince and Cena would get if John Cena was bad off like Hardy. And in a PG setting no less. Bad stuff.

If Cena was bad off like Hardy, he wouldn't be the centerpiece of the WWE right now. He would've been let go a loooong time ago.

No it's not Cm Punk/Cena and it is trying to be CM Punk/Jeff Hardy with CM Punk/Cena splasehd in. The thing is Jeff Hardy is over and everybody knows it. Aries doesn't have the chops that Punk has to pull this off and it doesn't help he is like 5'5

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSniderBrand View Post
    Jeff Hardy is the John Cena of the WWE.
    Cena + drugs + showing up to pay per view blitzed and in no shape to compete - 300 wishes granted = Jeff Hardy.

That's why it boggles my mind that Hardy is on top. Punk can be mad about Cena main eventing, but Cena has always been the WWE's dependable workhorse and more than deserves his spot on top. I really lost all respect for Hardy at Victory Road. That really was the biggest screw over the TNA Universe ever recieved. I don't care if he's clean now, he still doesn't deserve his push.
    Last edited by Cenamark2.0; 10-12-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenamark2.0 View Post
    Cena + drugs + showing up to pay per view blitzed and in no shape to compete - 300 wishes granted = Jeff Hardy.

That's why it boggles my mind that Hardy is on top. Punk can be mad about Cena main eventing, but Cena has always been the WWE's dependable workhorse and more than deserves his spot on top. I really lost all respect for Hardy at Victory Road. That really was the biggest screw over the TNA Universe ever recieved. I don't care if he's clean now, he still doesn't deserve his push.

I can agree with that.

I wasn't saying Hardy was the "John Cena" of TNA as a good thing, nor was I referring to the "workhorse" side of Cena. I meant him being the "John Cena of TNA" in terms of spotlight. I agree that Hardy doesn't deserve his push, now granted, he is probably the most over superstar on TNA's roster, I don't think he should be in a feud for the strap. Me personally, I think it should be Bobby Roode and Samoa Joe, but that's another thread for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSniderBrand View Post
    If Cena was bad off like Hardy, he wouldn't be the centerpiece of the WWE right now. He would've been let go a loooong time ago.
    That's my point. TNA seems to be making some bad mistakes, so desperate to keep a top star they are willing to let him run reckless and slowly kill himself instead of helping him, just so long as they have their star.

I think what TNA is doing is trying everything that has worked in the wrestling industry for decades. And yes I do believe there is some copying in regards to how Aries/Hardy is going. This is still business and you'll do what's working. WCW and WW(F) didn't go "attitude" (NWO/Goldberg vs DX/Rock/Austin) around the same times by some coincidence. If one company is doing it successfully, there is something to the other company doing it too in order to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenamark2.0 View Post

Which has been the grievance of Aries and the people that refuse to boo him.

It's not ERMAGERD COPYINGDOUBLEDOUBLEEEEE. It's a segment of fans, regardless of how small they are in numbers, seeing a systematic problem with the wrestling business.
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

Banned

Why must every little bump in the road break you, my glorious sarcasmatron?

Dude, you must be new to watching Pro Wrestling???

lol Things repeat, that angle your talking about has been done even before Cena-Punk....

Its really a lame arguement.

I mean you could go and say WWE is copying TNA right now too if your going to be tacky? AJ lee accused of having an affair with Cena??? Now Vicki Has "proof" she will reveal monday????

Doesn't that remind you a little of AJ Styles/ Dixie Carter??? lol

could sit here all day and list repeated story lines, its the nature of the buisness.

Bret Hart- Shawn Michaels did it better than both

Or even farther back the angle was used in WCW....Sting Vs Luger.

Besides i couldn't stand to watch WWE version....Punk cry baby ways grew old a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantT316 View Post
    I think what TNA is doing is trying everything that has worked in the wrestling industry for decades. And yes I do believe there is some copying in regards to how Aries/Hardy is going. This is still business and you'll do what's working. WCW and WW(F) didn't go "attitude" (NWO/Goldberg vs DX/Rock/Austin) around the same times by some coincidence. If one company is doing it successfully, there is something to the other company doing it too in order to compete.
    Are you new to wrestling? Do you even watch WWE? I mean really..? I can sit here and name tons of angles they have copied? Not just from TNA, but over half of what i see now on Raw you saw in WCW once upon a time...I know it sounds like a broken record, but that is how pro wrestling is kid....

ha ha ha

AJ styles even commented tonight about WWE copying they're angle with AJ Cena....Classic stuff

This is a much better angle than the horrible promos that Jarret and AJ Styles did last year when Hardy came back.
    Bryan Alvarez on December 4 , 2006 : "CM Punk is NOT the best wrestler in the whole world"

Pretty sure WWE will do it better than TNA.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Maybe the problem is that the gap between when the WWE did it... and when TNA ripped it off... is pretty damn small? I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    TNA has mangaged to ruin a years worth of creaditably as far as the title goes just for Jeff Hardy good job.

No way in hell they should have ever let hardy come back! They should be building guys up and letting the veterans put them over! WWE has the same problem.

Are you serious?

Are you really making Aries and Punko some mkind of fucking Saints because they were booked to call Jeff a Junkie

I agree with WWE ripping off TNA as well with this ridiculous affair storyline!!! And I also second what an above poster said about the gap being too small. I understand that this is wrestling, and that every thing you see is a form of "copying" in one way or another. But, the gaps with the two storylines are extremely small, which makes it completely obvious that the two companies are copying one another.

Thread Information