Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* - Undertaker's Opponent at WrestleMania

Default *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* - Undertaker's Opponent at WrestleMania

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Despite all the recent hype, there are people within WWE and close to Steve Austin who do not believe an Austin vs. CM Punk match will happen, even at WrestleMania 30. People close to Austin note that not only is he recovering from major knee surgery, his body is banged up worse than is being let on, he's 47 years old with major neck issues and he's not really jonesing to wrestle again.
    Internally, all of the Austin-Punk references are strictly to hype the WWE '13 video game.

On a related note, all the talk of "respect" is being done to set up a potential Punk vs. The Undertaker match.
    I'd definitely be intrigued with a Punk/Undertaker match. I was let down by their last feud and Punk being fed to Taker due to being in hot water left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thoughts on this? Also, what's the likelyhood that Punk would end the streak?
    Credit: Bender

Default Re: Not Punk/Austin, but Punk/Undertaker at Wrestlemania?

He wouldn't. But it would be a good match for sure.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

It would be a good match however Cena/Taker first please

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

No save the bigger match for last. First punk then cena at 30. And no worries about the streak but punk/taker would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Codebreaker82 View Post
    No save the bigger match for last. First punk then cena at 30. And no worries about the streak but punk/taker would be awesome.
    Probably some would disagree with me, however I would rather see Taker/Brock at WM 29 over Taker/Punk for some reason.

**On a side note, there seems to be a fair amount of threads and WM news on the dirtsheets today....hmmm

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

if a wm taker/punk match is in the works. and based on of all things "respect". bring back big evil/ABA taker please.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I'm on board 100% purely for the fact that the match would be incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Undertaker vs. Punk. I wouldn't pay for it.

I'd actually love Taker/Punk. There's really only three guys I want to see face Undertaker at WM and that's Punk, Cena and Lesnar.

I've been thinking they were going that route every since it leaked that they're doing Trips/Brock II and Rock/Cena II.

The perfect way to set it up would and you can fill in the blank.

Rock ends Punk reign at Rumble leaves. Punk wants a rematch immediately at Raw, Cena somehow gets involved and Punk loses again.

Punk challenges Cena for Elimination Chamber for Cena's Mania spot against Rock at Mania. Cena finally beats Punk after 2 years in a brutal match.

The Next night Punk doesn't say a word. He sees all these Posters of Cena/Rock and Trips/Brock for Mania. He gets irritated mor and more through out the show, even going off on Heyman and talking shit about Heyman being a leech. Heyman, being Heyman gets the fuck away from Punk and leaves the arena.

Meanwhile Michelle McCool is visiting backstage and talking to Layla. Punk sees this but nobody makes any mention of it, because Punk has been acting weird all night.

Anyway at the end of the Show during a Cena or Triple H promo or some shit. The Titantron comes on and there is Punk standing in the Parking lot. He cuts a promo, about how he has been looking for Respect for over 2 years now and not even being The Champion for over a year helped. Beating John Cena 5 fucking times did not help. Then it all hit him, last night after he lost his chance to get HIS title back at EC. He knew exactly what he had to do, he bad been looking for respect in all the wrong places and as he was walking to the back in excruciating pain, he seen a promo for Taker being played and nobody cared, they were talking about Taker.

Then he remembered after he lost to The Rock at The Rumble, after Rock's celebration and the Rumble match was about to start. He heard Taker's Gong, he seen the whole locker room stands up and give him an ovation, and the crowd was doing the same thing. Nobody acknowledged the 423 days he was Champion, longer than anybody in 25 years did. They were more interested in The Return Of Taker; he ignored it then because his focus was on getting back HIS WWE Championship as soon as possible. However in defeat there is always a hidden advantage and there is always a new opportunity. The WWE Universe will not only respect him, they will worship him and they will all fall before his feet. Because he is going to take down The Biggest Institution in this business, I am ending The Streak.

*Cena or whoever is in the ring cutting the promo starts laughing*

Cena says something corny along the lines of, He knows Punk is in a bit of a funk, but not even, he never thought Punk would go off The Straight Edge. Because he must be either high or drunk to even think Taker would entertain putting the Streak against him, hell Punk has lost like 3 big matches in a row. He tells Punk to take his losses like a man and work to get back to the top.

*Punk starts laughing like a maniac*

He tell John, that he has it all wrong and is really dumber then he thought. He is not going to challenge Taker; Taker is going to challenge Punk himself. Taker is going to beg him to end The Streak.

*Cena still thinking shit is a fucking joke*

He tells Punk, he really needs to lay off the Pepsi because they are putting something in it that has made Punk lose his mind. Why would Taker challenge Punk at Mania?

*Punk smile turns serious*

Because Punk is going to hurt the one thing, he loves.

*Camera cuts to McCool tied up with somebody in a mask holding her*

*Punk summons the Goon to bring McCool to him*

*Cena is yelling for Punk to stop, shit just got real.*

*Cena rushes to the back*

*There is chaos in the back everybody is looking for Punk and breaking character*

*Meanwhile, the camera snaps back to the Audience. Cole and JBL are in there Owen voices; however, they still do not mention McCool’s relationship with Taker. Then the Arena lights go out*

*When they cut back on*

Punk is standing in the middle of the ring with McCool in the GTS position. He yells…

RESPECT!!!!!!

BANG!

McCool Goes to Sleep

The Locker Room empties to the ring. Punk knocks out JBL as he escapes through the crowd.

*RAW Fades to Black.*
    Last edited by The Industry; 10-11-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Looking forward to this even though we've seen it before

The guy has wrestled Trips 3 times, Kane twice, and HBK twice at Mania.

Who else is out there?

I love it, Industry. If we can't get Punk/Austin, I'd definitely like to see what could be done with Punk/'Taker. Hell, you're right. With this whole respect schtick, a match with 'Taker seems logical.

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

Stupid Cena/Rock rematch. How do they not realize that Taker vs. Cena would draw unbelievably huge money?

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

People close to Austin note that not only is he recovering from major knee surgery, his body is banged up worse than is being let on, he's 47 years old with major neck issues and he's not really jonesing to wrestle again.
    Internally, all of the Austin-Punk references are strictly to hype the WWE '13 video game.
    I think this story is most accurate about any possibility of an Austin return.

Punk/Taker would be a great match for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer of Punk View Post
    Stupid Cena/Rock rematch. How do they not realize that Taker vs. Cena would draw unbelievably huge money?
    What do you do with Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    What do you do with Rock?
    What do you think of Rock vs Punk for the WWE title with Austin as special ref?
    Credit: Bender

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    What do you think of Rock vs Punk for the WWE title with Austin as special ref?
    I think Punk better be prepared to be Invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    I think Punk better be prepared to be Invisible.
    but very true. Fans will be asking to see Rock/Austin Part 4 although it would fit right into Punk's "respect" schtick. It wouldn't be as bad as Miz/Cena, but oh the irony.

I also liked your angle for Punk/Taker although I would still rather Taker/Brock and Punk/HHH(the whole things makes sense leading to HHH imo being apart of the suits).
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I kid. I think Punk could hold his own the mic with the two, especially this new Rock. However, I wouldn't want him to be in a match with both of those guys it takes away from him.

Yeah he can definitely hang with them, but WRESTLEMANA and ROCK/AUSTIN being billed being in the same ring? You know what memories that will bring back to the audiences and not to mention fans going to be chanting at Austin "1 more match".
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

No, just give us Lesnar Vs. Undertaker like most of us want!

I think they're saving it for WM 30. Besides, beating Rock gives Cena more credibility to ending the Streak.

What if Taker gets injured at 29 and can't wrestle at 30?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I am all for a Taker/Punk Wrestlemania match up.If give CM Punk his biggest match to date and also gives Taker a challenger on the level of Batista,Edge,HBK and Triple H and would hopefully help continue his streak of 4 star plus match ups.Plus the angle really writes itself with this hole "RESPECT" and "BEST IN THE WORLD" that Punk has been talking about for the last year plus.

So again I am all for it but if I was running the WWE I would rather go the route of Punk/Rock for the WWE Title and then the real dream match of Cena/Taker.

As of today I get the feeling if Austin doesn't return that these will be the main matches at Wrestlemania 29.

The Rock .Vs John Cena-WWE Title
    The Undertaker .Vs CM Punk
    Triple H w/Shawn Michaels .Vs Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman
    Sheamus .Vs Ryback(Royal Rumble Winner)-World Title-"Title .Vs Streak"

So if those four are indeed the top match not to shabby but again would go a different route if I was running things.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ever_Oldschool View Post
    No, just give us Lesnar Vs. Undertaker like most of us want!

I think they're saving it for WM 30. Besides, beating Rock gives Cena more credibility to ending the Streak.
    Was there a survey that people took saying that they wanted Taker/Brock at Mania? Or was it that five second clip frrom that UFC fight a few years ago?

Thread Information