Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* - Undertaker's Return

Question *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* - Undertaker's Return

credit f4wonline

Vince McMahon is expecting The Undertaker to work WrestleMania 29 and there is talk of trying to get him into coming back for January's Royal Rumble pay-per-view to help boost the buyrate. The idea is that he would be a huge name in the Rumble match and they would tease that he could get one more big-time title match at WrestleMania.

Default Re: undertaker royal rumble

If they go the HBK/Taker route of setting up Cena/Taker then I'm all for him being in the Rumble. Because there is no doubt that if Taker and Cena are in the Rumble this year, one of them would have to be the one to eliminate the other and voila!

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    If they go the HBK/Taker route of setting up Cena/Taker then I'm all for him being in the Rumble. Because there is no doubt that if Taker and Cena are in the Rumble this year, one of them would have to be the one to eliminate the other and voila!
    OMG a Cena/Taker staredown would be incredible.
    7/11/14 - The King goes home.

Industry beat me too it, however either a staredown, or Cena eliminating Taker would be an awesome end.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    OMG a Cena/Taker staredown would be incredible.
    I creamed.

Ah, I want that.

Great idea. But ifTaker ends up in a title match than with who. Unless cena beats punk for the belt and we get rock/cena at rumble.

If they do Cena/Taker- Rock wins the title and they have a bit backstage where Cena says he owes him one. Cena gets eliminated by Taker at some point, but not to win. Cena is pissed and eliminates Taker. Cena/Taker for Mania (possible heel turn?)
    Though I would bet money that Cena will win if he's in the Rumble, setting up Cena/Rock II. It's safer than any other alternative.

Rock & cena can be done at the rumble to which cena has the wwe title as he wins it from punk at hell in a cell. Punk costs cena the title at rumble & the rock goes into mania the wwe champ. Cena being cena is pissed off at cm punk for costing him another loss to the rock, rushes the ring when the final 2 are left in the ring which are punk & taker but bu mistake helps punk in taking out the undertaker & punk wins the rumble & goes to face the rock at mania. The undertaker the next raw & weeks after that try's to get cena to face him at mania. Cena does not want a bar of it. Somehow the match is on cena can not pin taker so the only way to win is to cheat to beat the undertaker & ends the streak. This will be a way to turn cena into a heel.

Rock v. Ryback at the Rumble, Ryback squashes Rock. Taker wins rumble and challenges Ryback for title at Mania. Ryback buries Taker. Taker retires and his legacy is forever tarnished. Meanwhile Cena, Punk and Alberto Del Rio have a crappy triple threat with Del Rio winning via Rodriquez distracting the referee. It was a non title match and it may as well have never happened.

Raw after Mania, Ryback becomes GM of Raw and Smackdown and TNA wins the ratings war.
    Bring back the fourth wall

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Default Re: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* - Undertaker's Return

Now let me say this...

We've already seen what people think of Rock/Cena II... it's nowhere near as anticipated as the first bout, and more interest seems to be in Punk retaining at the Rumble.

Now, personally, if they have to give The Rock the title, I'd be totally down for The Rock vs The Undertaker for the title. If they're interested in a buyrate, that's one of the better options they have.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Rock vs Punk
    Undertaker vs Cena

Great Wrestlemania.

Why would they need Undertaker at the Rumble to boost the ratings? Isn't Rock challenging for the title enough?

Quote Originally Posted by kanetaker View Post
    Why would they need Undertaker at the Rumble to boost the ratings? Isn't Rock challenging for the title enough?
    I thought that. Could be a bullshit report tbh.

Better to have both

Oh I'm for it, 'Taker's great, seems an odd time to press the 'we need a draw NOW' button though, when the Rock is in the house.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Honestly, I'll say it, I'm pretty over Undertaker now.

Shows up once a year, wins at Wrestlemania, lather, rinse, repeat. I'm not thinking Punk/Undertaker will work well since Taker clearly goes over. Undertaker/Cena, in my mind at least, won't be a good match aside from hype because Undertaker can hardly move anymore.

I'm just over it.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Honestly, I'll say it, I'm pretty over Undertaker now.

Shows up once a year, wins at Wrestlemania, lather, rinse, repeat. I'm not thinking Punk/Undertaker will work well since Taker clearly goes over. Undertaker/Cena, in my mind at least, won't be a good match aside from hype because Undertaker can hardly move anymore.

I'm just over it.
    He moved quite well at 'Mania 28, I thought...

To me, he's a special attraction that I look forward to seeing at WrestleMania. It's like waiting a few years to see the next Batman film (not anymore, but you get the point). It's exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    He moved quite well at 'Mania 28, I thought...

To me, he's a special attraction that I look forward to seeing at WrestleMania. It's like waiting a few years to see the next Batman film (not anymore, but you get the point). It's exciting.
    If they could make Cena/Undertaker a brawl I'd have less concern about it. But it doesn't compare to what we would have had 5 years ago when Taker was still in very good shape.

The other thing to me is, I'm just tired of them using Undertaker as a crutch for Wrestlemania. I get it, I really do, but eventually you just gotta let it go.

If they could make Cena/Undertaker a brawl I'd have less concern about it. But it doesn't compare to what we would have had 5 years ago when Taker was still in very good shape.

The other thing to me is, I'm just tired of them using Undertaker as a crutch for Wrestlemania. I get it, I really do, but eventually you just gotta let it go.
    But I don't want to!

Where is this Undertaker could barely move and is crippled shit coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Where is this Undertaker could barely move and is crippled shit coming from?
    Never said crippled, never said barely move....just stating that he doesn't move as well as he could have even 5 years ago. Which I think would have been a much better match at that time than today. Cena is also starting to rack up injuries and he's never been the most seamless guy in the ring (not trying to make this a Cena thread at all), just saying that a match between these two may not be the classic every one is hoping.

Never said crippled, never said barely move....just stating that he doesn't move as well as he could have even 5 years ago. Which I think would have been a much better match at that time than today. Cena is also starting to rack up injuries and he's never been the most seamless guy in the ring (not trying to make this a Cena thread at all), just saying that a match between these two may not be the classic every one is hoping.
    For my books, Cena vs Taker has match of the year stamped all over it. It could end up being one of the greatest brawls in the history of the business.

Well, you did say "hardly move," which is about the same as "barely move."

You're right though. It's more spectacle and the suspense of whether Cena will actually win or not than anything.

But hell, that's all you need. The suspense would kill me.

They're using Rock as a crutch too. These last two Manias could have been better but with the bigger matches selling it, Vince didn't seem to need to bother.

Yeah, I am not buying Taker cannot move like use to 5 years ago if he is only working one match a year. It5 is not as he was gingerly moving around the ring last year

Thread Information