Thread: Eddie's Birthday.

Default Eddie's Birthday.

Before the day is over, I wanted to make this thread for who I consider to be the best ever. Eddie would have been 45 years old today.

I don't usually take wrestling very seriously, and when people begin to get angry and argue I will usually just disengage from the conversation, when it comes to Eddie though I will never and I mean never stop

saying and arguing that he was the best. He could captivate you with the mic, in the ring and even just being present. He was a once in a lifetime performer and a big part of my love for wrestling died when

I found out he was gone. Gone too soon but never forgotten.

Share your favorite Eddie memories.

I would have posted this in a general discussion thread but it seems we don't have one anymore.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Default Re: Eddie's Birthday.

I have no problem saying Eddie was the best ever in my opinion, he was the one I makred most for when I started watching, hell, he was the one I still marked for after the Internet ruined everything for me.

I really miss him, wrestling is just not as fun without him.

I always loved seeing Eddie trick the more "serious" wrestlers, I could never get enough of his antics.

I also miss the Big Show that would be in this kind of segments.

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

I have never seen someone with more passion for the business than Eddie Guerrero.

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

Eddie Guerrero is an inspiration and I wish I could be half the man that he was.

HAYZE

Banned

Eddie Guerrero was not the best ever and him being dead does not make that any more possible. He was however, an amazing talent that could have a great match with literally anybody on the roster. Mad respect for Eddie, especially for overcoming so many obstacles to get where he got.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Every year this comes around, I shed a little tear. Was Eddie the greatest of all time? No. But he did everything so smoothly and so effortlessly with a talent that is almost impossible to replicate. He really was one of a kind, and I'm sure he's very proud of Vickie right now.

Eddie was one of my favorites since his tenure in WCW and took the WWE by storm upon his arrival. Gone to soon indeed. He is truly missed and I will forver cheerish the many mermories he's provided to his fans. Viva La Raza.

-HAYZE-
    "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Banned

Beating Brock Lesnar for the title and celebrating ring side with the fans is and always will be my favorite Eddie Guerrero moment. His non verbal promo with Rey's mask where he just stood there looking at it is also fucking awesome. Man did some great things wish he was still around.

One of the best ever. I miss him

It's a funny thing. I hated Eddie in WCW. Then he jumped to the E and he quickly became one of my favorite guys on the roster. He was finally given an opportunity to prove what he could do and he really succeeded. While he was not the best, he was one of the elite.

Banned

I loved the guy on smackdown, he was smackdown. And the wwe lost a huge talent, when he died. He put on great matches, he was funny charismatic. And it's a shame, that even though he quit drugs, The damage was already done. And it costs him his life. R.I.P Eddie.

I'm with Clawz up there on beating Lesnar and celebrating his first title win is my favorite moment. It's still hard to watch these kinds of moments of Eddie without it getting to me. Especially the opening to the following Monday Night Raw after he passed, with all the guys around the stage and they tolled the bells. Damn it if that isn't still hard to watch. Definitely one of the greatest ever and one of the most charasmatic, if not THE most.

Thread Information