Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Miz Main Eventing Wrestlemania Almost Led To CM Punk Quitting

Default The Miz Main Eventing Wrestlemania Almost Led To CM Punk Quitting

So we all remember CM Punk's contract situation last year right? Well, in his documentary, he states that The Miz main eventing that Wrestlemania instead of him was the boiling point and that The Miz didn't deserve it and didn't earn it. I agree with Punk, but am not a huge fan of his attitude in that scenario. It's awesome to see what it all led too though. Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

Justin Valuable made this banner! YES! YES!YES!
    I Eat Cannibals

Default Re: The Miz Main Eventing Wrestlemania Almost Led To CM Punk Quitting

Yeah, Me and Industry were talking about this when the documentary leaked. Dick move on Punks part. Especially when he was claiming that Miz had that whole push handed to him on a platter when Miz was working his ass off since ECW to get to that spot, and it came only moments after Miz was praising Punk as a demigod.

Kind of soured me on Punk somewhat.
    baboosh

Bryan Alvarez on December 4 , 2006 : "CM Punk is NOT the best wrestler in the whole world"

I don't even like the Miz and agreed with Punk about everything but it being handed to Miz.

However, that was pretty harsh how he buried Miz there. Miz really went out the way for Punk on that DVD, Punk could have let up a little.

Remember: Punk specifically chose every single person who'd appear on his DVD.

That means he actually chose for Miz to be on there to praise him, just so he could bury him later.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Remember: Punk specifically chose every single person who'd appear on his DVD.

That means he actually chose for Miz to be on there to praise him, just so he could bury him later.
    What a douche.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Poor Miz.
    Credit: Bender

Yeah, the dude is very inspiring and say what you want about The Miz, but he had a great year and deserved the spotlight...maybe not over Punk but he didn't need to bury the guy there. Especially with how high Punk praises Batista and what he did in the WWE. I would sooner have Miz in that spot than big Dave

Justin Valuable made this banner! YES! YES!YES!
    I Eat Cannibals

Punk likes BIG DAVE?

BIG DAVE's gimmick on the way out is kind of similar to what Punk is doing

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Punk likes BIG DAVE?

BIG DAVE's gimmick on the way out is kind of similar to what Punk is doing
    He took the catchphrase from Bret Hart and the promos from Batista.
    Bryan Alvarez on December 4 , 2006 : "CM Punk is NOT the best wrestler in the whole world"

He didn't do either.

"The Best" isn't exclusive the Bret and he doesn;t cut promos like Batista at all. He has the same motives and complaints about Cena, Batista had.

He didn't do either.

"The Best" isn't exclusive the Bret and he doesn;t cut promos like Batista at all. He has the same motives and complaints about Cena, Batista had.
    The best was to Bret Hart was the snake was to Jake Roberts. I remember Batista saying things like "Cena's on the magazine covers. I should be on the covers". Punk just took that and replaced magazine with ice cream.

He's right. I like CM Punk a lot more after this.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the awesome banner

Even if I agree with what Punk said , that certainly wasnt the right way to go about it after all the good things Miz said about Punk.

Especially when you consider what someone said earlier that Punk chose everyone who'd be on his DVD.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by cablegeddon View Post
    The best was to Bret Hart was the snake was to Jake Roberts
    No it wasn't. The Best isn't a prop it is a word.

I remember Batista saying things like "Cena's on the magazine covers. I should be on the covers". Punk just took that and replaced magazine with ice cream.
    Again, you are wrong. Batista wanted more money and the movies and magazine covers. Punk wants the show to be focused on him and wants the WWE to change from top to bottom. Punk wants to be The Best Wrestler in The World and WWE to recognize it. Batista wanted more money and more fame. They both could only get with they want by knocking Cena off permanently.

I see you're about to troll the thread to death.

So, I'll let you have at it.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

I love Punk and think the Miz is mediocre but I have to agree this seems to be an all round douchey act. It can't be denied that Miz busted his ass and at least tried to make it as a top star and did deserve a push; he just doesn't have the natural ability to be a top star imo

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

No it wasn't. The Best isn't a prop it is a word.
    Meaning that The best was so much of Hart's identity and his gimmick.

Again, you are wrong. Batista wanted more money and the movies and magazine covers. Punk wants the show to be focused on him and wants the WWE to change from top to bottom. Punk wants to be The Best Wrestler in The World and WWE to recognize it. Batista wanted more money and more fame. They both could only get with they want by knocking Cena off permanently.
    Some of the stuff was almost word for word.
    Batista: For some reason the WWE has decided to make you the face of the company
    CM Punk: I hate this idea that you're the best.
    Batista: I should be on the magazine covers
    CM Punk: I should be in movies

Is it that inconceivable that more than one person could feel the same way about John Cena?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Is it that inconceivable that more than one person could feel the same way about John Cena?
    Sure but don't steal cathphrases and promos left and right and then say you're going to change wrestling from the top to the bottom, or whatever it was Punk said last summer.

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

We should administer an IQ test before people can register for PW.

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

I haven't seen the DVD, but Punk has always made fun of Miz every chance he can get. It's almost like an in-joke at this point.

Also, CM Punk is an asshole?! This is breaking news!

Sure but don't steal cathphrases and promos left and right and then say you're going to change wrestling from the top to the bottom, or whatever it was Punk said last summer.
    His haters on these boards repeat the same shit over and over, how is it unrealistic for two wrestlers to do the same?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    His haters on these boards repeat the same shit over and over, how is it unrealistic for two wrestlers to do the same?
    I think this is what Punk said last summer:

"I'm going to change how you think about wrestling". Really? Really?

Punk hate thread. What a shock. Fuck miz. He worked hard. So did a lot of them. I wouldnt have blamed him for leaving. Decisions like miz main eventing wm no wonder wwe mostly sucks now.

I think this is what Punk said last summer:

"I'm going to change how you think about wrestling". Really? Really?
    Well he sure isn't going to change how you think about wrestling.

Bender

Thread Information