Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Del Rio goes over the top with the heel character?

Default Del Rio goes over the top with the heel character?

- Shelly Ehler recently won the reality TV show Shark Tank but is now lashing out against WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio. Ehler took her 8 year old son to a WWE live event in Anaheim, California over the weekend and is upset after Del Rio ripped up the kids sign for Sheamus, who was facing Del Rio that night.

Ehler told TMZ that her son was terrified by Del Rio's actions and instantly burst into tears. Ehler called Del Rio a bully. According to Ehler, she told Del Rio that he made her son cry and he mocked the kid in response.

After Ehler's son cried all the way home, she vented her frustrations to WWE Superstars on Twitter and then wrote an angry letter to WWE officials. In the letter she says, "Take signs from adults NOT KIDS! My son was bullied by your superstars and it is not okay."

Ehler claims that Ricardo Rodriguez mocked her on Twitter but Sheamus offered to send her son a signed photo and meet with him the next time he's in town.
    Oh dear, and with the WWE be a star campaign thats not so great
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Default Re: Del Rio goes over the top with the heel character?

Oh grow up you silly woman. Heels ripping up signs has been going on since the dawn of time, its not Del Rios fault your kids a bit of a pussy. Not your kids fault either, there really should be no issue here

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Nothing wrong with tearing up a sign. It's what heels do. Just because it made a kid cry one time doesn't mean it's inherently wrong. However, I don't like Del Rio mocking the kid if true. He should have just moved on. Still not a big deal.

Just be thankful he didn't punch your kid in the face!
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Banned

Mocking the kid in real life and on Twitter IS a bit much though.

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    Still would have remained uninteresting and without genuine heat.

Del Rio has always looked like a prick from randomly ripping wrestlers for no good reason to trying to do silly demands but I don't think he did anything wrong here. Just a case of a rich and snobby parent getting overly protective. I do always wonder how far it is to steal something off someone and destroy it though and I guess an 8 year old might not have been the best person to do that to as opposed to a 20 year old or something.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

It's called being a heel. It's happened before and it's happened since then. Doesn't seem like she understands the wrestling culture and that it's all part of the show.
    Credit: Bender

I LOVE DEL RIIIIIOOOOOOO!! Throwback to be sure and the best natural heel in the business! I remember when wrestlers like Superstar Billy Graham couldn't dare to go near a crowd/fan for fear of getting hurt as he engendered so much hate. It's what good heels do and right now nobody is doing it better than, Del Rio imo. That said, if he his mocking the kid publicly and after the fact, then it is a problem. It is tantamount to bullying.

Banned

Mocking the kid on Twitter? What part of that is being a good heel? Mocking specific fans on the internet?

Ricardo did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Mocking the kid on Twitter? What part of that is being a good heel? Mocking specific fans on the internet?
    It's not. It's godawful and should never happen.

Unless said fan is being made fun of for his earring by Nattie Neidhart. Then it's hilarious.
    baboosh

This is so fucking stupid. In a miute they're going to make the whole damn company full of white meat babyfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    That's not a big deal speaking personally but it is stupid of Ricardo to do that when your wrestling company is shamefully apart of Anti-Bullying campaigns. I have no idea why he thought of doing that. The 8 year old kid probably doesn't even know how to use twitter(I am 23 and I don't even know a single fuck about the app.)

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Del Rio has always looked like a prick from randomly ripping wrestlers for no good reason to trying to do silly demands
    Can you set aside the fanboyism for one second and acknowledge that the Miz is probably kind of a prick and that you don't know the story?

Anyway, who gives a fuck? At a house show I went to last year, Bully Ray shouted a kid down until he was in tears. This stuff is fair play at a wrestling show as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Can you set aside the fanboyism for one second and acknowledge that the Miz is probably kind of a prick and that you don't know the story?

Anyway, who gives a fuck? At a house show I went to last year, Bully Ray shouted a kid down until he was in tears. This stuff is fair play at a wrestling show as far as I'm concerned.
    Miz seems like a good dude even if he may be a bit of a goofball. I am guessing like CM Punk, Del Rio is one of those stoic types that doesn't like to chat around and be all around people.

He also hates Sin Cara and threatened to leave the WWE at certain points in order to be given what he wants.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

You make a product PG, you get lots of benefits, and you have to deal as well with lots of negatives.

This stuff is what WWE has coming to them.

Banned

I agree with Coco, about what took place AT the event. But you can't run an Anti-Bullying campaign and have your performers mocking individual fans, when not at a live event.

Miz seems like a good dude even if he may be a bit of a goofball. I am guessing like CM Punk, Del Rio is one of those stoic types that
    doesn't like to chat around and be all around people.
    By all accounts this isn't true about Punk at all. His DVD would prove this wrong.

He also hates Sin Cara and threatened to leave the WWE at certain points in order to be given what he wants.
    Being that it has happened to me twice before. You would hate a guy that pulled a gun or was leading a group of people who pulled a gun on you.

Banned

Miz seems like a good dude even if he may be a bit of a goofball. I am guessing like CM Punk, Del Rio is one of those stoic types that doesn't like to chat around and be all around people.

Everything you've said about Miz and Punk and Del Rio's character is absolutely down to your speculation.

As for the Sin Cara stuff, Cara and/or someone in his posse (I forget the exact details) pulled a piece on Del Rio down in Mexico. He's justified in his hatred.

As for him playing hardball with the company, good for him. He should be in business for himself. The company certainly isn't going to look out for him. Miz bending over and taking it in the ass from management isn't a virtue in my book.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    Now I'm picturing Ricardo holding up a five year-old so Del Rio can enzuigiri him. It is the funniest mental image IN THE WORLD.

I was gonna point out the gun thing also
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Everything you've said about Miz and Punk and Del Rio's character is absolutely down to your speculation.

As for the Sin Cara stuff, Cara and/or someone in his posse (I forget the exact details) pulled a piece on Del Rio down in Mexico. He's justified in his hatred.

As for him playing hardball with the company, good for him. He should be in business for himself. The company certainly isn't going to look out for him. Miz bending over and taking it in the ass from management isn't a virtue in my book.
    You're right....it is just going off what I am seeing and hearing and as an admitted Miz homer, I clearly have a side to be on when it comes to that. Just don't get what ADR had to gain for bashing Miz over the radio rather than settle it out in person or something. No doubt about that Cara stuff when it comes to the gun but just ADR being mad Cara came up without any FCW time just seemed kinda unnecessary. At that time, Cara as a big international superstar was going to be good for business and for the company ADR is in.

Miz does not have any wrestling background to stand up to so he's at the mercy of the WWE until he builds up his resume. ADR has a decent enough following before WWE at least.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Being that it has happened to me twice before. You would hate a guy that pulled a gun or was leading a group of people who pulled a gun on you.
    Cara pulled out a burner on Del Rio? Don't want to go off topic but I am curious about this. Could you explain it in more detail please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake The Snake View Post
    Cara pulled out a burner on Del Rio? Don't want to go off topic but I am curious about this. Could you explain it in more detail please?
    Yeah Konnan mentioned it on a podcast.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Thread Information