Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cesaro...thoughts

Default Antonio Cesaro...thoughts

So at the moment WWE really likes the guy and wants to carry on pushing him, people talk about the next top guy and it seems that WWE wants to make it him from what I've read. I've watched the guy in quite a few matches and my thoughts are that he's a mid carder at best, he's got a pretty good finisher but I wouldn't wanna see the guy in a main event because I honestly don't see whats so great about him. I wondered if other people actually think he's a future top superstar and possible future contender/holder of a top title belt such as the WWE title or the World Heavyweight Championship?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Antonio Cesaro...thoughts

Saw some of his work in the indies (not enough to hardly be an expert) and I enjoyed it , thought he had some serious potential , but so far in the WWE he hasnt really done anything to make me want to watch. Granted its not always the talents fault but I'm definitely waiting for him to make me take notice.

I could of said the same about Daniel Bryan for the longest time in the WWE as well , but he's been one of my favorite acts in wrestling since April. So theres always hope!
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

HOLD IT!

*Checks for Industry*

... Okay, I think we're in the clear.

Ever since the guy debuted in FCW, he's proven how fucking awesome he is. Of course, the brain trust saddled him with the Swiss Jock Boyfriend gimmick, but have thankfully scrapped that and are just letting him go out there and beat people up. I remember that match on the indies where he and Mike Quackenbush tore the place down.

I really don't understand why they won't let him use the Ricola Bomb though. It's not like anybody else is using a powerbomb.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Well, first of all, he's a natural babyface, so they didn't get that right. Second, the neutralizer over the Swiss Death Uppercut or The Ricola Bomb is just....oy.

And the whole "rugby" thing, and Aksana being Aksana. Furthermore, the whole "he speaks 5 languages" thing just screams that they're not trying very hard.

He's talented, he can cut a decent enough promo in English (and believe me, he was bad in the beginning), and can make smaller guys look great and show himself to be ridiculously strong in guys that match him in size.

It's really all on creative. Cesaro has the ability. But the stuff they're giving him to work with is just plain bad.
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

They're not trying hard?

Wasn't it a thread or a post around here about him being a Triple H guy?

Yeah I'm not really sure who they are expecting the speaking 5 diffrent languages thing appeals to , but I find it pretty lame. It doesnt make it hate him , I dont find it heelish in any possible way ... it just seems fairly pointless to me.

For awhile its like they checked a guys profile on some dating site and decided to make a gimmick out of it , and then handed that gimmick to Cesaro.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

I really just think they're stalling until they call up Ohno so they can pair them up at this point.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

No.

HHHero needs to debut alone. I pray that they have something for him.

Cesaro has been good, I admit

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Well, first of all, he's a natural babyface, so they didn't get that right.
    Wasn't aware of that at all as I haven't seen any of his work outside of mainstream WWE. The heel role strikes me as a natural fit however, outside of fighting faces, he hasn't really done anything heelish.

He has very good in-ring psychology at this point imo. Would love to see him in a match where he could really tell a story. A credible feud w/Santino could have illustrated that and probably done much for both workers.

A feud with Regal would really show what Cesaro has to offer.

Also, has WWE mentioned ONCE that Cesaro is the only active Swiss Wrestler in the world (I say Active because Rene Whatsisface is pretty on/off at this point in his career.)

R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    HOLD IT!

What the fuck? How in the....Wait. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    What the fuck? How in the....Wait. Huh?
    That in the direction of the 450 Powerbomb?

R.I.P. Warrior

That video/match impressed me...I want some of that in the WWE, not some word in 5 different languages
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Here's Cesaro & The Former Scotty Goldman (YOU RACIST BASTARD!) doing a very old school british style match.

He also had a great cage match with Brodie Lee, who is on NXT as Luke Harper.

R.I.P. Warrior

He is an unreal athlete. One of the least obvious incredible athletes in wrestling (and by that I mean he doesn't strike you as an Angle or a Lesnar immediately) but he is capable of some insanely athletic shit.

I like the the fact that his gimmick is bare bones and they're giving him a chance to get himself over slowly. The 5 languages thing is a bit odd, I must say.

He's clearly very strong and that lift-into-uppercut is sick. Those are all the positive things I can say about Cesaro. His matches are boring and his promos even more so, especially the five languages shit. I don't care what he's done in the indies; I could watch 50 Claudio Castagnoli matches and think they are all awesome (unlikely), but it wouldn't change my opinion of his WWE work. At least Chris Hero is beginning to live up to the IWC-hype. He is becoming awesome on NXT and has been the highlight of the last 2-3 shows. Admittedly, his feud with Richie Steamboat is the only real storyline on the show, but still. I'm just rambling now. Antonio Cesaro is boring.

Hero and Steamboat don't have to win over the Raw audience, who even Del Rio can't get to give a shit. It's harder for Cesaro and I'm sure he would be more impressive in longer matches with a better atmosphere.

*looks for Industry*

I love Claudio and have always preferred him over Hero. I don't doubt they're both incredible, but I'm always more inclined to watch a match featuring Claudio than Hero.

*runs away*

He is awesome.

It is fun to watch them build him up.

He needs a feud soon though.

Thanks Fresh Prince this awesome AV and signature

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Hero and Steamboat don't have to win over the Raw audience.
    I'm not talking about the crowd, just my personal interest in Claudio and Hero. If the Hero and Steamboat feud was on RAW exactly as it was in NXT, I would feel exactly the same.

See, I'd have given Miz R-Truth instead of Kofi to feud with, and have had Kofi and Cesaro feud until say, Survivor Series. The matches would be great, and heeling it up on Kofi would give Cesaro some heat.

R.I.P. Warrior

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I'm just waiting for a Cesaro/Cena feud. The two strongest men in the WWE going head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    That in the direction of the 450 Powerbomb?
    Yes? That is what that was called?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemis. View Post

*looks for Industry*

I love Claudio and have always preferred him over Hero. I don't doubt they're both incredible, but I'm always more inclined to watch a match featuring Claudio than Hero.*runs away*

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    I'm just waiting for a Cesaro/Cena feud. The two strongest men in the WWE going head to head.
    Mark Henry is injured

See, if WWE is serious about pushing Cesaro, and wanted someone else to feud with Punk in the lead in to rumble (They can't do Cena/Punk all the way to TLC... right?), they could have Cena challenge for the US Title at least once, not for the title, but to give Cesaro some attention. A strong showing against Cena (Note: I said Showing, not Win) would make him look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Industriana Jones
    Mark Henry is injured
    Still? We need to get that Voodoo doll off of merle.

R.I.P. Warrior

Thread Information