Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 137

Thread: RVD, will he return to WWE?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mr. Perfect's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    1,601

    Default RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Firstly, let me say this discussion is mostly hypothetical, but let's just run with it. RVD recently stated in an interview his TNA contract expires in March 2013. Now let's just assume and/or pretend the contract ends on March 1st, 2013, and much like many contracts these days he has a 30 day no compete clause in his contract, which means he cannot sign with another company for one month. Now if we say that his contract ends March 1st, his 30 day no compete clause would end April 1st. Now here comes the part we ponder and discuss; Wrestlemania is on April 7th. Can you imagine, or is it possible we could see RVD at WM 29, or if not maybe the night after on Raw? Would you like to see such a thing happen? Do you think it will happen?

    And before someone brings up the fact RVD will never work for WWE because of his open use of pot, the current WWE wellness policy states testing positive for marijuana is only a fine, not a suspension, so I highly doubt his personal use of said drug would hinder his decission.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

  2. #2
    @CheapTequila Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    God I hope not.

    But if your scenario is possible, they'd never bring him back at Mania. It'd be the night after.

    But again, I hope not. He's too old and was overrated in his prime. He's not in his prime anymore.

    #NewIsAlwaysBetter

  3. #3
    Senior Member wtfisthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    500

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    He can team up with Ryback since they share the same attire anyways.

  4. #4
    Goonies never say die. Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Age
    23
    Posts
    5,274

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    God I hope not. He's awful now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

  5. #5
    Definitely. Untouchable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,618

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    I hope not.

    Outside of some of his work in ECW , I've never been an RVD fan and dont see that changing now that IMO he's somehow gotten even worse. His matches in WWE rarely entertained me and his mic work was some of my least favorite in recent memory. Now I know alot of ECW and RVD guys will point to his mic work in ECW and say " Just let him be himself " but even back then I was never impressed.

    I wont deny though , that his name would bring a little value to the WWE ... he and ECW definitely still have a fanbase out there.
    -Bender-

    2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Depending on how long they're planning to keep the Punk/Heyman alliance together, I could really go for a final one year run of RVD where he isn't overused too much but allows Punk to have a stable setup/disband moment before (fingers crossed x1000 and lets not get into a drawn out debate about its likelihood at this point) Austin at WM30. Would love to see him have PPV matches with Dolph, Kingston and Bryan. Lord knows WWE needs to invest in stepping stones for the midcard as evidenced by their desperation to re-sign an apathetic Jericho.

    The RAW after Mania would be an incredible time to re-introduce him to the audience... if done well it'd have a similar impact as Lesnar this year.

  7. #7
    Definitely. Untouchable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,618

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    The RAW after Mania would be an incredible time to re-introduce him to the audience... if done well it'd have a similar impact as Lesnar this year.
    I dont know that I'd go that far , or even close to it.

    Brock was a bigger star who's stay in the WWE was extremely short lived (by wrestling standards) and someone who alot of people wanted to see come back for awhile. Not too mention the UFC career and then transitioning back to the WWE.

    RVD has been around the block more than enough now , wrestled in every fed for years and has been actively competing in wrestling pretty much the whole time. RVD's out there , on television wrestling right now , Lesnar wasnt.

    Not to mention ... Lesnar vs Cena was a match wanted by many , him interupting Cena and leaving him laying in the ring and setting that potential matchup up was huge. Theres no way , no matter what RVD did on his debut to pretty much anyone on the roster would even come close to that.
    -Bender-

    2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Cm punk vs rvd anyone
    Straight edge vs over the edge

  9. #9
    Banned Codebreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,265

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    They need someone like RVD right now. He might be past his prime, but he's still better than most of the current roster and the fans love him. He could have a few great matches and make a few of the younger guys look good. It's not like the roster has that much star power right now anyway. Plus the fact that he didn't resign immediately makes me think he is at least leaving WWE open as an option.

  10. #10
    Banned merle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The mitten
    Posts
    5,926

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    He wont come back to the E. He could never pass the drug test.

  11. #11
    Banned Codebreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,265

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    I heard he quit drugs and is straight edge now... no I'm kidding, he's still the Tommy Chong of wrestling.

  12. #12
    Banned 1-2-3 Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    in your throat, bitch!
    Posts
    3,019

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    WWE could use all the help they could get right now. It won't hurt to have him on the roster again but I highly doubt he'll want to go full time again just as I doubt they'll want him as a per timer. So nothing may come of it. A show at Mania would be cool as hell though

  13. #13
    Banned The Industry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,659

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    God I hope not. He's awful now.
    He's been awful his whole career.

    RVD doesn't move the needle at all. Bringing him back wouldn't help ratings, buyrates, or in ring work at all.

    Leave him where he is at

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,019

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    If Van Dam would get into shape and be more then just a nostalgia act, He would be perfect for todays WWE. They need someone like him who's just a wild card. But RVD would rather be a fat ass and do the same 3 moves hes been doing for the past 10 years. The guy is one of my all time favorites, But he just doesnt put forth the effort like he used to

    Saying RVD is awful his whole career just sounds dumb, You sound like a total smark. He's always been mega over, He's gotta be doing something right

  15. #15
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1997
    Posts
    6,641

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    He may not have ever been good as far as following the rules and formulas of pro wrestling matches, but as far as live action spectacles, I don't think there was anybody better than RVD in ECW. He also always, and still does have that laid back chill attitude that I have always been able to relate to more than any other wrestling character.

    Wherever he goes I'll be watching.

  16. #16
    Banned The Industry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,659

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Awww... I'm being called a smark. RVD has always been a shitty worker. Never said he wasn't over. He was sloppy, a botch magnet, and an all around joke as a performer.
    Never want to see the hack perform again if I don't have to. I rather watch Angle put on his horrible act.


    IMO!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Banned The Industry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,659

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    He may not have ever been good as far as following the rules and formulas of pro wrestling matches, but as far as live action spectacles, I don't think there was anybody better than RVD in ECW. He also always, and still does have that laid back chill attitude that I have always been able to relate to more than any other wrestling character.

    Wherever he goes I'll be watching.
    It pains me that a smart guy like you loves RVD.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,019

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Awww... I'm being called a smark. RVD has always been a shitty worker. Never said he wasn't over. He was sloppy, a botch magnet, and an all around joke as a performer.
    Never want to see the hack perform again if I don't have to. I rather watch Angle put on his horrible act.


    IMO!!!!!!
    I said you sounded "LIKE" a total smark, I didnt say you were one

    Yea but be real for a second, If he was that bad as you describe him would he really be so over?? If what you said was RVD's shortcomings, Well what the hell was his upside? He was a stiff worker sure, But he was awesome in the ring.

  19. #19
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1997
    Posts
    6,641

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    I'm a big martial arts action movie fan, and RVD always appealed to that side of me. I don't watch his matches wanting and expecting to see selling and psychology, just action. I love action. A lot of RVD's matches remind me of fight scenes from Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa, JCVD movies.

    I haven't seen any of his work outside of ECW really though, other than a small handful of matches.

  20. #20
    Banned The Industry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,659

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    I said you sounded "LIKE" a total smark, I didnt say you were one

    Yea but be real for a second, If he was that bad as you describe him would he really be so over?? If what you said was RVD's shortcomings, Well what the hell was his upside? He was a stiff worker sure, But he was awesome in the ring.
    Yes. Wrestling fans are by large very simple minded. A Guy taking bumps on his head and flipping all over the place will always be over. RVD is also kind of charismatic. Never going to draw worth shit. But charismatic

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,019

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Honestly I dont know what the IWC considers a "good" wrestler. Anyone I ever considered awesome is 99% hated on here lol. The more generic and boring you are the better chance you have to be liked on here, The same goes for people who post here.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Yes. Wrestling fans are by large very simple minded. A Guy taking bumps on his head and flipping all over the place will always be over.
    And going by that logic then you would agree that Super Calo was just as popular as RVD right? Amongst the simple minded wrestling fans offcourse...

  22. #22
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    1997
    Posts
    6,641

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Drawing has absolutely zero impact on whether or not I find an individual entertaining or not. Just wanted to throw that out there.

    I can see why wrestling purists wouldn't like RVD. He is old, and does need to change his style up a bit, but I've enjoyed watching him on TNA. One of the main reasons why I tune in.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,019

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Drawing has absolutely zero impact on whether or not I find an individual entertaining or not. Just wanted to throw that out there.

    I can see why wrestling purists wouldn't like RVD. He is old, and does need to change his style up a bit, but I've enjoyed watching him on TNA. One of the main reasons why I tune in.
    Ill be 100% honest, I enjoy RVD to this day because I think back to what he was in ECW and just how awesome he was. Its nostalgia...sure, But in the back of my mind I think RVD has so much to offer wrestling then just being a nostalgia act. I dont know why hes not that cocky heel he was in ECW. Hes gonna always be cheered, offcourse. People just like RVD and at this point hes a legend. (whether you like it or not) But his personality is to be heelish & arrogant, if people like him anyway...GREAT. Thats the way its always been I dont see why change it now. Why does RVD have to be this mellowed out surfer dude, Hes so much better then that and was at one time. Partially I blame RVD but at the same time I dont know how much control over his character he has...

  24. #24
    Banned The Industry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,659

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    Honestly I dont know what the IWC considers a "good" wrestler. Anyone I ever considered awesome is 99% hated on here lol. The more generic and boring you are the better chance you have to be liked on here, The same goes for people who post here.
    Awwwww...It's going to be ok.



    And going by that logic then you would agree that Super Calo was just as popular as RVD right? Amongst the simple minded wrestling fans offcourse...
    Super Calo was immensly better and didn't stay over here long enough. His few matches with Rey oin WCW were better than anything I seen RVD outside 1 of a million of his matches with Jerry Lynn. The only reason I liked that match is because unfortunately Jerry Lynn fucking with Rob got legit knocked out during the match, and RVD was force to slow down and actually work. Sabu got something passable out of him at Matter Of Respect aswell.

  25. #25
    Banned The Industry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,659

    Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

    Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    Ill be 100% honest, I enjoy RVD to this day because I think back to what he was in ECW and just how awesome he was. Its nostalgia...sure, But in the back of my mind I think RVD has so much to offer wrestling then just being a nostalgia act. I dont know why hes not that cocky heel he was in ECW. Hes gonna always be cheered, offcourse. People just like RVD and at this point hes a legend. (whether you like it or not) But his personality is to be heelish & arrogant, if people like him anyway...GREAT. Thats the way its always been I dont see why change it now. Why does RVD have to be this mellowed out surfer dude, Hes so much better then that and was at one time. Partially I blame RVD but at the same time I dont know how much control over his character he has...
    Bill Alfonso and Sabu isn't walking through that door

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •