Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RVD, will he return to WWE?

Default RVD, will he return to WWE?

Firstly, let me say this discussion is mostly hypothetical, but let's just run with it. RVD recently stated in an interview his TNA contract expires in March 2013. Now let's just assume and/or pretend the contract ends on March 1st, 2013, and much like many contracts these days he has a 30 day no compete clause in his contract, which means he cannot sign with another company for one month. Now if we say that his contract ends March 1st, his 30 day no compete clause would end April 1st. Now here comes the part we ponder and discuss; Wrestlemania is on April 7th. Can you imagine, or is it possible we could see RVD at WM 29, or if not maybe the night after on Raw? Would you like to see such a thing happen? Do you think it will happen?

And before someone brings up the fact RVD will never work for WWE because of his open use of pot, the current WWE wellness policy states testing positive for marijuana is only a fine, not a suspension, so I highly doubt his personal use of said drug would hinder his decission.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Default Re: RVD, will he return to WWE?

God I hope not.

But if your scenario is possible, they'd never bring him back at Mania. It'd be the night after.

But again, I hope not. He's too old and was overrated in his prime. He's not in his prime anymore.

#NewIsAlwaysBetter

He can team up with Ryback since they share the same attire anyways.

God I hope not. He's awful now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I hope not.

Outside of some of his work in ECW , I've never been an RVD fan and dont see that changing now that IMO he's somehow gotten even worse. His matches in WWE rarely entertained me and his mic work was some of my least favorite in recent memory. Now I know alot of ECW and RVD guys will point to his mic work in ECW and say " Just let him be himself " but even back then I was never impressed.

I wont deny though , that his name would bring a little value to the WWE ... he and ECW definitely still have a fanbase out there.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Depending on how long they're planning to keep the Punk/Heyman alliance together, I could really go for a final one year run of RVD where he isn't overused too much but allows Punk to have a stable setup/disband moment before (fingers crossed x1000 and lets not get into a drawn out debate about its likelihood at this point) Austin at WM30. Would love to see him have PPV matches with Dolph, Kingston and Bryan. Lord knows WWE needs to invest in stepping stones for the midcard as evidenced by their desperation to re-sign an apathetic Jericho.

The RAW after Mania would be an incredible time to re-introduce him to the audience... if done well it'd have a similar impact as Lesnar this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    The RAW after Mania would be an incredible time to re-introduce him to the audience... if done well it'd have a similar impact as Lesnar this year.
    I dont know that I'd go that far , or even close to it.

Brock was a bigger star who's stay in the WWE was extremely short lived (by wrestling standards) and someone who alot of people wanted to see come back for awhile. Not too mention the UFC career and then transitioning back to the WWE.

RVD has been around the block more than enough now , wrestled in every fed for years and has been actively competing in wrestling pretty much the whole time. RVD's out there , on television wrestling right now , Lesnar wasnt.

Not to mention ... Lesnar vs Cena was a match wanted by many , him interupting Cena and leaving him laying in the ring and setting that potential matchup up was huge. Theres no way , no matter what RVD did on his debut to pretty much anyone on the roster would even come close to that.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Cm punk vs rvd anyone
    Straight edge vs over the edge

They need someone like RVD right now. He might be past his prime, but he's still better than most of the current roster and the fans love him. He could have a few great matches and make a few of the younger guys look good. It's not like the roster has that much star power right now anyway. Plus the fact that he didn't resign immediately makes me think he is at least leaving WWE open as an option.

He wont come back to the E. He could never pass the drug test.

I heard he quit drugs and is straight edge now... no I'm kidding, he's still the Tommy Chong of wrestling.

WWE could use all the help they could get right now. It won't hurt to have him on the roster again but I highly doubt he'll want to go full time again just as I doubt they'll want him as a per timer. So nothing may come of it. A show at Mania would be cool as hell though

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    God I hope not. He's awful now.
    He's been awful his whole career.

RVD doesn't move the needle at all. Bringing him back wouldn't help ratings, buyrates, or in ring work at all.

Leave him where he is at

Banned

If Van Dam would get into shape and be more then just a nostalgia act, He would be perfect for todays WWE. They need someone like him who's just a wild card. But RVD would rather be a fat ass and do the same 3 moves hes been doing for the past 10 years. The guy is one of my all time favorites, But he just doesnt put forth the effort like he used to

Saying RVD is awful his whole career just sounds dumb, You sound like a total smark. He's always been mega over, He's gotta be doing something right

He may not have ever been good as far as following the rules and formulas of pro wrestling matches, but as far as live action spectacles, I don't think there was anybody better than RVD in ECW. He also always, and still does have that laid back chill attitude that I have always been able to relate to more than any other wrestling character.

Wherever he goes I'll be watching.

Awww... I'm being called a smark. RVD has always been a shitty worker. Never said he wasn't over. He was sloppy, a botch magnet, and an all around joke as a performer.
    Never want to see the hack perform again if I don't have to. I rather watch Angle put on his horrible act.

IMO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    He may not have ever been good as far as following the rules and formulas of pro wrestling matches, but as far as live action spectacles, I don't think there was anybody better than RVD in ECW. He also always, and still does have that laid back chill attitude that I have always been able to relate to more than any other wrestling character.

Wherever he goes I'll be watching.
    It pains me that a smart guy like you loves RVD.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Awww... I'm being called a smark. RVD has always been a shitty worker. Never said he wasn't over. He was sloppy, a botch magnet, and an all around joke as a performer.
    Never want to see the hack perform again if I don't have to. I rather watch Angle put on his horrible act.

IMO!!!!!!
    I said you sounded "LIKE" a total smark, I didnt say you were one

Yea but be real for a second, If he was that bad as you describe him would he really be so over?? If what you said was RVD's shortcomings, Well what the hell was his upside? He was a stiff worker sure, But he was awesome in the ring.

I'm a big martial arts action movie fan, and RVD always appealed to that side of me. I don't watch his matches wanting and expecting to see selling and psychology, just action. I love action. A lot of RVD's matches remind me of fight scenes from Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa, JCVD movies.

I haven't seen any of his work outside of ECW really though, other than a small handful of matches.

Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    I said you sounded "LIKE" a total smark, I didnt say you were one

Yea but be real for a second, If he was that bad as you describe him would he really be so over?? If what you said was RVD's shortcomings, Well what the hell was his upside? He was a stiff worker sure, But he was awesome in the ring.
    Yes. Wrestling fans are by large very simple minded. A Guy taking bumps on his head and flipping all over the place will always be over. RVD is also kind of charismatic. Never going to draw worth shit. But charismatic

Banned

Honestly I dont know what the IWC considers a "good" wrestler. Anyone I ever considered awesome is 99% hated on here lol. The more generic and boring you are the better chance you have to be liked on here, The same goes for people who post here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Yes. Wrestling fans are by large very simple minded. A Guy taking bumps on his head and flipping all over the place will always be over.
    And going by that logic then you would agree that Super Calo was just as popular as RVD right? Amongst the simple minded wrestling fans offcourse...

Drawing has absolutely zero impact on whether or not I find an individual entertaining or not. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I can see why wrestling purists wouldn't like RVD. He is old, and does need to change his style up a bit, but I've enjoyed watching him on TNA. One of the main reasons why I tune in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Drawing has absolutely zero impact on whether or not I find an individual entertaining or not. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I can see why wrestling purists wouldn't like RVD. He is old, and does need to change his style up a bit, but I've enjoyed watching him on TNA. One of the main reasons why I tune in.
    Ill be 100% honest, I enjoy RVD to this day because I think back to what he was in ECW and just how awesome he was. Its nostalgia...sure, But in the back of my mind I think RVD has so much to offer wrestling then just being a nostalgia act. I dont know why hes not that cocky heel he was in ECW. Hes gonna always be cheered, offcourse. People just like RVD and at this point hes a legend. (whether you like it or not) But his personality is to be heelish & arrogant, if people like him anyway...GREAT. Thats the way its always been I dont see why change it now. Why does RVD have to be this mellowed out surfer dude, Hes so much better then that and was at one time. Partially I blame RVD but at the same time I dont know how much control over his character he has...

Honestly I dont know what the IWC considers a "good" wrestler. Anyone I ever considered awesome is 99% hated on here lol. The more generic and boring you are the better chance you have to be liked on here, The same goes for people who post here.
    Awwwww...It's going to be ok.

And going by that logic then you would agree that Super Calo was just as popular as RVD right? Amongst the simple minded wrestling fans offcourse...
    Super Calo was immensly better and didn't stay over here long enough. His few matches with Rey oin WCW were better than anything I seen RVD outside 1 of a million of his matches with Jerry Lynn. The only reason I liked that match is because unfortunately Jerry Lynn fucking with Rob got legit knocked out during the match, and RVD was force to slow down and actually work. Sabu got something passable out of him at Matter Of Respect aswell.

Ill be 100% honest, I enjoy RVD to this day because I think back to what he was in ECW and just how awesome he was. Its nostalgia...sure, But in the back of my mind I think RVD has so much to offer wrestling then just being a nostalgia act. I dont know why hes not that cocky heel he was in ECW. Hes gonna always be cheered, offcourse. People just like RVD and at this point hes a legend. (whether you like it or not) But his personality is to be heelish & arrogant, if people like him anyway...GREAT. Thats the way its always been I dont see why change it now. Why does RVD have to be this mellowed out surfer dude, Hes so much better then that and was at one time. Partially I blame RVD but at the same time I dont know how much control over his character he has...
    Bill Alfonso and Sabu isn't walking through that door

Thread Information