Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Rock vs Michaels happen?

Default Could Rock vs Michaels happen?

This is a match I wished we'd gotten when both were still in company, now I know Michaels is retired for good but is there still a possibility that this could actually happen some time in the future? If so who'd win? And if it did would it ME Wrestlemania?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Could Rock vs Michaels happen?

Hasn't the guy said befoe he had no interest in working with Shawn? I believ it stemmed from him being pissed at how HBK treated his Grandmother who featured Shawn on a show she promoted. Rock wanted to kick his ass for real even then and he was only lik 15, not to mention HBK/HHH was out to bury him before he even got started, but Bret walked Hart through the landmines (Stole that line from Punk)

Banned

A couple bullet points that will be shared throughout this topic im sure

-How DARE you ask for Michaels to come back.
    -God dammit hasnt he given us enough!
    -Shawn Michaels doesn't owe us anything.
    -Shawn Michaels is happy being retired
    -Shawn Michaels doesnt need to come back, Hes healthy and happy
    -Shawn Michaels said he is retired, HES NEVER COMING BACK!

*quick fact. The Rock expressed interest in working with HBK at his father HOF induction when he cited HBK as someone he wished he could have wrestled

* quick fact: HBK is not returning to wrestling, especially Rock who quite frankly bores the sh** out of me. There is no chance or possibility of this match happening now so it's time to move on. Rock will most likely face Cena - (again) - or Punk @ WM 29. Of course things can and do change, but don't expect HBK to come out of retirement to lay down for the Rock, as all of his opponents - (since he "came back") - are supposed to do according to Vince McMahon and Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    * quick fact: HBK is not returning to wrestling, especially Rock who quite frankly bores the sh** out of me. There is no chance or possibility of this match happening now so it's time to move on. Rock will most likely face Cena - (again) - or Punk @ WM 29. Of course things can and do change, but don't expect HBK to come out of retirement to lay down for the Rock, as all of his opponents - (since he "came back") - are supposed to do according to Vince McMahon and Rock.
    Speaking of moving on, yawn. This has been discussed to death. Go to one of the other dozen or so threads talking about Cena vs Rock.

Anyways, will this happen? I doubt it. I mean, if both of them came up to Vince and said, "Hey, we want to wrestle," then yeah it would most likely happen, but I don't see that happening. The only reasons I could see HBK coming back is to face either Taker or HHH for one more match. But, if it did happen, I think it would indeed draw big and I think HBK would win because he is one of the 'Golden Boys' like HHH and Taker and Austin. The Rock, despite being up there, hasn't reached that status yet and if HBK said he wanted to win, he would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol View Post
    Speaking of moving on, yawn. This has been discussed to death. Go to one of the other dozen or so threads talking about Cena vs Rock.
    I was just trying to make a point, not discuss Rock vs Cena. Jeesh, is everyone on here this rude and tactless? This is why there is no such things as friendships, is people are always rude, demanding, over-impressed with themselves and their condescending ways. Anyways, I stand by what I had said - no it won't happen at all. 1st off Rock's not around enough for anyone to feud with, also HBK is retired, and there are already plans in place for Rock at WM 29.

Well you did the same thing I did. Told him it was time to move on then tried to derail the topic about something else, which is rude.

No and I pray that Michaels stands true to his retirement statement for the first real retirement in pro wrestling history!

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    I was just trying to make a point, not discuss Rock vs Cena. Jeesh, is everyone on here this rude and tactless? This is why there is no such things as friendships, is people are always rude, demanding, over-impressed with themselves and their condescending ways. Anyways, I stand by what I had said - no it won't happen at all. 1st off Rock's not around enough for anyone to feud with, also HBK is retired, and there are already plans in place for Rock at WM 29.
    Not everyone is like that, it's just a select few. Stick around and you'll find most of us are just here to talk about our favorite SPORT. And just ignore the ones that try to goad you into a pointless arguement.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

How DARE you ask for Michaels to come back. God dammit hasnt he given us enough? Shawn Michaels doesn't owe us anything. Shawn Michaels is happy being retired. Shawn Michaels doesnt need to come back, Hes healthy and happy. Shawn Michaels said he is retired, HES NEVER COMING BACK!
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post

-How DARE you ask for Michaels to come back.
    -God dammit hasnt he given us enough!
    -Shawn Michaels doesn't owe us anything.
    -Shawn Michaels is happy being retired
    -Shawn Michaels doesnt need to come back, Hes healthy and happy
    -Shawn Michaels said he is retired, HES NEVER COMING BACK!

*quick fact. The Rock expressed interest in working with HBK at his father HOF induction when he cited HBK as someone he wished he could have wrestled
    People keep saying that shit because it's true. And because people will never be satisfied with any career, they're always going to keep asking for one more match. If I were one of these guys like Austin or Michaels, I'd be tempted to come out and say, "Shut up, I'm not wrestling anymore, leave me alone."

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Shawns not coming back...especially to put over someone like the Rock...if that match was going to happen it would of...7 or 8 years ago.

Their always a slight chances that Rock/Michaels could happen as are any other numbers of matches,as long as both guys are still alive and in pretty good shape.

I think the chances are very slim but again both guys are in pretty good heath and are still only in their 40's(well Rock's in his early 40's and HBK is in his late 40's) but I think HBK will stick with his retirement,but never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Michaels View Post
    Shawns not coming back...especially to put over someone like the Rock...if that match was going to happen it should of...7 or 8 years ago.
    Fixed.

There's no reason for it now. Neither one of them stand to gain anything from a match like that. And HBK is done, there's no point in even fantasizing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    People keep saying that shit because it's true. And because people will never be satisfied with any career, they're always going to keep asking for one more match. If I were one of these guys like Austin or Michaels, I'd be tempted to come out and say, "Shut up, I'm not wrestling anymore, leave me alone."
    I dont look at it as being unsatisfied, Its just that people like these guys and they like for them to be around. Obviously the strain on there bodies is something that isn't considered in a fantasy booking topic like this or the countless others. Its strictly about seeing someone we enjoy one more time without any consequence to them

I was happy with HBK's career up to Wrestlemania 14. If he had never wrestled another match it wouldn't have made a difference to me. He didn't do anything I liked after Wrestlemania 14 anyway but it was good to see him back. (on second thought I did like his nWo debut and his match with HHH at Summerslam 02, But nothing after that)

I know where you and everyone else is coming from Champ, I get it. But im just a fan, Im not Shawn Michaels Doctor. All im saying is I would like to see matches like Rock vs HBK. If Shawn cant do it, Then oh well..He cant. Thats for him and his Doctor to decide. I still would like to see the match as a fan though, Whether it can or cant happen
    Last edited by oWn; 10-07-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Would have been awesome to see but I can't see it ever happening.

Banned

Would've been a great match to see.

I doubt Austin or HBK gets annoyed when asked about a possible return to the ring. Both guys are still trying to earn a paycheck via television. They want to keep their names in the news. And quite frankly, shouldn't they start to feel a little concerned when that time comes in which nobody asks about another match? Nobody cares enough about them to even address the issue? One of the biggest concerns any wrestler has about a return is if the fans will care about them.

HBK has said it's not impossible he might do another match. However, it's been made clear by Rock in the past that they will never do a match. He made fun of his grandmother and they had friction for many years. They buried the hatchet later, but that only means so much. If HBK did another match, it would probably be with CM Punk or Daniel Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post

-How DARE you ask for Michaels to come back. You can ask, but it doesn't mean anything because he doesn't read the forums (To my knowledge, if you do, big fan Shawn~!)
    -God dammit hasnt he given us enough! I'm pretty happy with his career output. We got seven bonus years I never thought we would get.
    -Shawn Michaels doesn't owe us anything. He doesn't.
    -Shawn Michaels is happy being retired He is.
    -Shawn Michaels doesnt need to come back, Hes healthy and happy He doesn't, and he is.
    -Shawn Michaels said he is retired, HES NEVER COMING BACK! I take him at his word until I have a reason to say otherwise.

Shawn's perfectly capable of wrestling more matches. If he wants to, great. If he doesn't, that's fine. If he wants to sit on his front porch and shoot anything that moves instead, more power to him. Anybody who thinks that any wrestler owes the fans anything has already lost, in my mind. They don't owe anybody a damn thing.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

If only the wrestling gods would allow this to happen.
    Rock needs to swallow his pride & Michaelmas needs to go over in this icon match up.

A cocky hbk vs the people's champ at wrestlemania baby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Hasn't the guy said befoe he had no interest in working with Shawn?
    Publicly, the only thing he's said is that the three guys he'd want to wrestle were Mysterio, Cena and Shawn Michaels. He said that at the Hall of Fame.

Not sure why people go to this "they don't owe us shit" route every time. Who ever said they did? Wrestlers love it when people want them to return, it means they are still relevant and are sorely missed. Trust me, when HBK reads that fans wanna see him still compete, it makes him feel good. And with his ego, being wanted is a great thing. Yeah, God forbid a wrestling fan who wants to see a great wrestler wrestle more matches. Geez, how odd.

Quote Originally Posted by booman View Post
    No and I pray that Michaels stands true to his retirement statement for the first real retirement in pro wrestling history!
    Agreed. He walked away while he was still a great performer. One comeback typically leads to another and another and the next thing you know, you've got a Ric Flair situation. When I think of Flair I think of a pathetic old man who can't let go. When I think of HBK I think of the Showstoper. I'd like to keep it that way.

I would of loved to see The Rock vs HBK, I cant imagine many people wouldn't...back in the day. That day has passed, Shawn Michaels retired as the show stopper, like Merle said I'd like to remember him that way. Alsoooo, he looks...kinda old in his recent TV apprearences and has lost a ton of muscle mass, I dont think he'd look like he fit in a WWE ring anymore. There's so many classic matches and moments that HBK has given us, I can live without this one.

But yes, as a dream match, aside from Stone Cold vs Punk, that would probably be the one I'd pay the most to see.

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Agreed. He walked away while he was still a great performer. One comeback typically leads to another and another and the next thing you know, you've got a Ric Flair situation. When I think of Flair I think of a pathetic old man who can't let go. When I think of HBK I think of the Showstoper. I'd like to keep it that way.
    I think HBK saw what his hero Flair became and that's what really pushed him to retire. Who could blame him.

Thread Information