Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like AJ, if so why....

History Beckons Macho Man MachoMark's Avatar

Default Does anyone like AJ, if so why....

Does anyone actually like her, I cant stand her.

I dont watch much WWE anymore (can you blame me) but the odd time my roomate watches Raw and I see her I cringe. One of the most annoying divas ever.

And who the hell is she to be gm anyway....what has she done.

From her skipping to the ring to her lame facial expressions to her STOP ITTTT, when they made Kane look like a child arguing with Daniel Bryan which was also dumb. This crap makes the WWF in 1995 look good.

So if anyone can justify for me why she is GM, or why you like her for that matter please do.

-Banner Credit to Spike

There is no Hall of Fame without Randy Savage.

Default Re: Does anyone like AJ, if so why....

I agree 100% with you.

She is a worthless GM.

I love her skipping to the ring.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I love her skipping to the ring.
    I said, if so why....its pointless and dumb as hell. This is the last major wrestling promotion left and watched by millions every week, and the GM is this new girl in the company who skips to the ring. What the hell...what happened to my WWF that Macho and Austin use to rule.

-Banner Credit to Spike

Quote Originally Posted by MachoMark View Post
    I said, if so why....its pointless and dumb as hell. This is the last major wrestling promotion left and watched by millions every week, and the GM is this new girl in the company who skips to the ring. What the hell...what happened to my WWF that Macho and Austin use to rule.
    The skipping is apart of her character, it's not really that big of a deal...

And "what happened to my WWF that Macho and Austin use to rule" - well, for one... years have passed since then...

surrender

To be honest anything anyone does is pointless outside of the actual wrestling. OOOOHHHHH YEAH!!!!! is pointless yet it was accepted as part of Savages character. You cant see me is pointless yet accepted as part of Cenas character. Posing, taunting, dancing, etc... is all pointless, but the majority of it is accepted because its just something a little extra that makes that character unique. Her skipping and her carefree attitude despite being under pressure from everyone makes her unique.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    To be honest anything anyone does is pointless outside of the actual wrestling. OOOOHHHHH YEAH!!!!! is pointless yet it was accepted as part of Savages character. You cant see me is pointless yet accepted as part of Cenas character. Posing, taunting, dancing, etc... is all pointless, but the majority of it is accepted because its just something a little extra that makes that character unique. Her skipping and her carefree attitude despite being under pressure from everyone makes her unique.
    Exactly. If someone is gonna say the skipping is pointless and dumb, the same thing could be said about pretty much all of the signature non-wrestling things wrestlers do.

surrender

Let's just be honest here, this is like Mania 9, no-ones going to change your mind since you have such a strong hatred of todays WWE. I'm seeing this more and more with old school fans who can't let the past go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

They have all the justification to do so. Fans of the current product are no way better than old school fans.

Well so far in this thread no one has justified any reason what-so ever (even AJ fans) why she should be GM.

No one has even said what makes her a good talent. What gives. I want a reason she is in this position, hell I want a reason she gets tv time since she is so cringe-worthy.

Dont even dare bring Savage up, he actually drew unlike AJ.

-Banner Credit to Spike

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

She gets a reaction. She's over. When she's on TV, the ratings go up. That's all the justification Vince needs.

Well so far in this thread no one has justified any reason what-so ever (even AJ fans) why she should be GM.

No one has even said what makes her a good talent. What gives. I want a reason she is in this position, hell I want a reason she gets tv time since she is so cringe-worthy.

Lmao really?

You brought Savage up. And Kara wasn't saying AJ draws like him, she was just bringing up other signature things that wrestlers do.

(Wrestling fans sound silly when they brag about how much someone draws, by the way)

As for AJ's talent, she's a great and believable actress. She's entertaining, intriguing, exciting, fresh, and interesting to watch. Her facial expressions are on-point too. She's over with the crowd.

In kayfabe, she got the position because Vince wanted to make Raw unpredictable and exciting.

surrender

Macho
    And on that I am done. This is just a hate thread and a stupid one at that.

Spoiler

Wow.

I just said what happened to those days, someone else brought up oOO yeah.

And of course your done.

Saying AJ is exciting is an opinion and a bad one at that. Where is the evidence that the ratings go up when she is on. What exactly makes AJ exciting. Her cringe-worthy acting, her skipping...what

Hasnt the ratings gone down horribly since shes been gm. Oh but of course you all will blame it on what sports raw goes against. News flash, they always have. And with the nhl lockout they actually have an advantage this year.

-Banner Credit to Spike

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

That's why she was added to the Punk/Bryan feud, because the ratings were down. She got involved, the ratings went up, and then she was constantly all over the feud

And yeah, she brought up "Oooh yeah," but you're the one who had the spaz attack like she was saying AJ was better than Randy.

Wow.

I just said what happened to those days, someone else brought up oOO yeah.

And of course your done.

Saying AJ is exciting is an opinion and a bad one at that. Where is the evidence that the ratings go up when she is on. What exactly makes AJ exciting. Her cringe-worthy acting, her skipping...what

Hasnt the ratings gone down horribly since shes been gm. Oh but of course you all will blame it on what sports raw goes against. News flash, they always have. And with the nhl lockout they actually have an advantage this year.
    And your run of the mill GM would be SO much more exciting, right?

AJ being exciting and entertaining isn't a bad opinion... you sound ridiculous saying that.

Clearly you're living in the past with your Macho Man gushing and WWF nostalgia...

Your 1st post: "This crap makes WWF in 1995 look good"
    Your 2nd post: "What happened to my WWF that Macho and Austin use to rule"
    Your 3rd post: "Dont even dare bring Savage up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

surrender

Yeah pretty sure I didnt scream it like that.

Looks like a lot of AJ fans getting defensive in here due to insecurities. What the hell is so good about her, I still have yet to hear.

Why is she the GM. Its bombing big time,.

-Banner Credit to Spike

Yeah pretty sure I didnt scream it like that.

Looks like a lot of AJ fans getting defensive in here due to insecurities. What the hell is so good about her, I still have yet to hear.

Why is she the GM. Its bombing big time,.
    I'm not getting defensive, pretty sure that was you with your "MACHO DRAWS!! DONT DARE COMPARE!!" comment.

I did tell what I think is good about her. She is a great actress, an intriguing character, and she is entertaining/fun to watch.

surrender

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

This is a thinly veiled "I miss the good old days of RASSLIN'" thread.

In other news, AJ is awesome.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    That's why she was added to the Punk/Bryan feud, because the ratings were down. She got involved, the ratings went up, and then she was constantly all over the feud
    Hence: she drew.

I don't agree with her being in the General Manager role, but I understand why WWE put her there. Sorta. It's because she's a fresh, versatile character who was over with the live audiences, could bump TV ratings for Punk-Bryan segments, and could serve as an authority figure foil for CM Punk due to their storyline involvement prior to that point.

What do people see in AJ? Well, prior to her GM run, she was a cute, spunky "nerd chick"-style character who was in a compelling storyline relationship with Daniel Bryan (and keep in mind, Bryan himself is one of the most over stars on the roster), got involved in the Bryan-Punk feud, and then the Bryan-Punk-Kane feud, and added a fresh dimension to it that Divas haven't been used for in a very long time. People enjoy her spunk, her fresh character, and the fact that she is not a "typical Diva" and was spicing up storylines.

Does that help any?

Champ: there's no veil at all. The guy is bashing today's product compared to the "golden years," and then when anyone even attempt to compare a figure from the past to a current figure (something for which he opened the door, and also something that was not even an attack on the legends of yesteryear), throws a temper-tantrum.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post

I don't agree with her being in the General Manager role, but I understand why WWE put her there. Sorta. It's because she's a fresh, versatile character who was over with the live audiences, could bump TV ratings for Punk-Bryan segments, and could serve as an authority figure foil for CM Punk due to their storyline involvement prior to that point.
    This is exactly my thoughts as well. I wouldn't have made her GM, but I understand WWE's thinking with it. And it has actually worked in keeping her involved with Punk and Bryan, rather than completely phasing her out of their storylines once the love triangle ended.

surrender

All this thread needs is for Nightwolf to pop in and post one of those fish hook images. Seriously. This is what happens when the nurses and staff down in the History Forum let one of them out of the home.

AJ's cute enough and actually has a personality, unlike most divas since, well....ever. But, truthfully. People loved AJ and now WWE has successfully made the Internet turn on her. Well done.

I swear, any of you start turning on Bryan....there will be war.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post

What do people see in AJ? Well, prior to her GM run, she was a cute, spunky "nerd chick"-style character who was in a compelling storyline relationship with Daniel Bryan (and keep in mind, Bryan himself is one of the most over stars on the roster), got involved in the Bryan-Punk feud, and then the Bryan-Punk-Kane feud, and added a fresh dimension to it that Divas haven't been used for in a very long time. People enjoy her spunk, her fresh character, and the fact that she is not a "typical Diva" and was spicing up storylines.

Does that help any?

Champ: there's no veil at all. The guy is bashing today's product compared to the "golden years," and then when anyone even attempt to compare a figure from the past to a current figure (something for which he opened the door, and also something that was not even an attack on the legends of yesteryear), throws a temper-tantrum.

Well its the best post in the thread, ill give you that. Thanks for taking the time to explain things.

As for your theory on my bashing todays stuff, that is wrong. Todays stuff is literally shit on a plate. Kane and Bryan I AM THE TAG CHAMPION, NO I AM, NO I AM, its like watching Full House.

-Banner Credit to Spike

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

I feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy Kane and Bryan. I really do.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information