Thread: Wrestlemania 30: World title unification bout

Default Wrestlemania 30: World title unification bout

Good idea, bad idea?

I've always believed in less is more. It can be argued that the WWE champion is the #1 guy in the company and the WHC plays second fiddle. Its an historic title but it has to go. Wrestlemania 30 (wherever its held - rumors of Cowboy stadium in Dallas) would be the ideal event for this to take place.

Who should be the 2 superstars? This would need many months of build up with 2 guys that nobody can predict as the winner. Face vs face would be a great way to go, IMO.

How would you book it?

Default Re: Wrestlemania 30: World title unification bout

I'd love it. I never understood how there can't be just one champion and have him on both shows. If the NWA Champs like Race and Flair could travel to all the territories all over the world back in the day, then why can't one champion travel around for SD and RAW.

With reports of WWE looking for the next face of the WWE, I'd have an old vet hold the WWE title(Cena) and have a young guy hold the WHC. Have the story as the young lion trying to take Cena's spot and in order to do that he has to beat him for the WWE title, combine the titles. Not only would it combine the titles and let a new guy have the spot light but it would be the start of a new generation. That would be the perfect time to bring in the new WWE title(or even call it the WWE World heaveyweight championship.) Both guys would have to be faces in the match though.
    Spoiler

Considering that Smackdown superstars appear on RAW every single week and that the Brand Extension is not as important was it was 10 years ago, unify them once and for all if they are going to be doing the same route, otherwise keep Smackdown on Smackdown and RAW on RAW....seeing Punk and Sheamus on the same show every week just devalues both titles.

Yeah I glad when Jericho unified them because it makes sense to have just one heavyweight champ. But then they split em up again. lol. Anyways, I think it would be best. I mean, it seems to me that they only keep the WHC around to mock WCW by having it as a mid-card championship. The Monday Wars are long gone and I think it's time to retire the WHC because they way they are promoting it right now, in my opinion, is a slap in the face to all the great wrestlers who held it in WCW like Sting, Ron Simmons, Flair, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Barber Shop View Post
    Good idea, bad idea?

I've always believed in less is more. It can be argued that the WWE champion is the #1 guy in the company and the WHC plays second fiddle. Its an historic title but it has to go. Wrestlemania 30 (wherever its held - rumors of Cowboy stadium in Dallas) would be the ideal event for this to take place.

Who should be the 2 superstars? This would need many months of build up with 2 guys that nobody can predict as the winner. Face vs face would be a great way to go, IMO.

How would you book it?
    Just as a clarifying point, it's not going to be Cowboys Stadium. They have the 2014 Final Four, which means there won't be enough time for WWE to set up the stadium even if they had the event the week after.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

I used to be all for it , but now I've decided there's no need & I'm strictly against unifying the titles... ..

Quote Originally Posted by BATISTA_CenA View Post
    I used to be all for it , but now I've decided there's no need & I'm strictly against unifying the titles... ..
    Care to elaborate on why youre against it?

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I'd love it. I never understood how there can't be just one champion and have him on both shows. If the NWA Champs like Race and Flair could travel to all the territories all over the world back in the day, then why can't one champion travel around for SD and RAW.
    Tried it, figured out you can't do long storylines that way. If the champ wrestles on Raw this month and has a successful title defense, you gotta scrap everything and retool for next month's PPV on Smackdown. Or the challenger wins, and then ships off to SD for next month. So the only angle you've got is "you've got the belt, I want it" which is sorta limiting.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme View Post
    With reports of WWE looking for the next face of the WWE, I'd have an old vet hold the WWE title(Cena) and have a young guy hold the WHC. Have the story as the young lion trying to take Cena's spot and in order to do that he has to beat him for the WWE title, combine the titles. Not only would it combine the titles and let a new guy have the spot light but it would be the start of a new generation. That would be the perfect time to bring in the new WWE title(or even call it the WWE World heaveyweight championship.) Both guys would have to be faces in the match though.
    Great idea and the best route to go with John Cena if indeed he doesn't face the Undertaker this Wrestlemania or 30.Plus if some young guy or brand new rookie star beat Cena and unified both titles it could really make him into and in stint star and a credible main eventer.You could kind of due like a Hogan/Warrior WM VI type deal,but hopefully this time it would work out for the long term.

IF they do decide to unify the titles one day, but have one champion enter the Rumble, win it and challenge the other guy.

na . keep the both the WHC and WWE title . get rid of the united states championship at the bottom . it makes more sense and solidifies the WHC as the #2 title . imagine if right now antonio cesaro was the intercontinental champion , the miz WHC champion , and cena , shaemus , and punk were going into hell in a cell for the 3 way WWE title bout ? that would be sikkk . if you get rid of the US title at the bottom , theres no where to go but UP ! the Miz and Cody Rhodes get moved into the WHC picture with Ziggler and Orton and Del Rio . while the WWE picture has punk , cena , shaemus , and big show . i think this would be way more fun !

this also makes it clear who the main eventers are and who is auditioning for the role . right now they dont really have anything for Cody Rhodes or Del Rio . They are already bonified superstars but its not their time to be the #1 guy yet . a great place to audition for this role would be in a long standing rivalry with other superstars like the Miz and Ziggler for the WHC title . its obvious WWE wants Shaemus as its #3 guy so have him at the top, fighting for the #1 WWE title with punk and cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Care to elaborate on why youre against it?
    I think honestly with the 2 shows I've just become accustomed to it, I like the seperate competition for each title... ..

Quote Originally Posted by BATISTA_CenA View Post
    I think honestly with the 2 shows I've just become accustomed to it, I like the seperate competition for each title... ..
    There isnt 2 seperate rosters anymore.

The World Champion is in the Rumble now anyways, might as well let them win it and look strong against the WWE Champion.

Unifying the wwe & world title would be a step in the right direction.
    But don't stop there the IC & US titles need to be merged as well. Again I stress that the titles in the
    Wwe should be wwe world title, wwe IC title, wwe tag team titles, wwe diva title. I would add or reinstall 2 titles which are
    1 - wwe tv title, this title will be defended on every televised show & the 2nd title ill add will be the cruiser weight title, man how I would kill to see mysterio vs sin cara vs Gabriel vs Tyson on a ladder match for this prestige title.

Banned

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a WWE with one top guy. That shit tickles me where I like to be tickled. But would WWE know how to tell intriguing stories at a main event level with only one world title? I don't think so. At this point, the two world titles are giving at least four individuals something to do at any given time. Take that away, and it's possible some people will fall through the cracks as the WWE normally sucks at booking stories without the belt if a major legend isn't involved.

I like it, but WWE's shortcomings make this sort of thing risky.

Thread Information