Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The John Cena is dead HOAX.....

Question The John Cena is dead HOAX.....

What is with this whole John Cena is dead thing? I got a ton of e-mails last night and today, ever frantic texts saying that Cena was dead in some sort of injury from preparing to wrestle The Rock again. How did this rumor get started and how did it grow so fast? Did anyone else hear about this?

Default Re: The John Cena is dead HOAX.....

I first remember hearing about it at the beginning of August , someone at my brother in laws wedding had said something about reading it on Facebook , I dont know exactly how or why it got started but its still making its rounds on Facebook.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

If it was real, would be the closest thing to the death of the WWE. Worse than Chris Benoit fiasco

Yeah, it's been going on for a while now. Just like the rumors about Undertaker, Bill Nye, and others dying. I don't know why people start the rumors, but it's really easy to spread them thanks to the internet and people's tendency to share/retweet first and ask questions later.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Hell theres still rumors and believers that there was actually two Ultimate Warriors , I actually won a $5 bet with a coworker one night when wrestling somehow got brought up and he emphatically believed the original Ultimate Warrior died.

If it was real, would be the closest thing to the death of the WWE. Worse than Chris Benoit fiasco
    I dont know about that , while they have invested alot into Cena being the face of the WWE ... its still the WWE and they can sell their brand to alot of wrestling fans with or without Cena.

Unless he took peoples life with his own like Benoit did , I dont possibly see how this could be worse.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

He's the company's biggest star and biggest money maker, without dispute. If he died, you'd get the highest-rated Raw in a decade on the tribute show, and then business would tank.

See I hadn't heard that it was already a rumor and when my buddy text me, he never would joke about a death, I was like holy crap this is insane. I went and looked on WWE.com and didn't see anything but then I got a ton of e-mails telling me similar stories. I was just like this is crazy. It would be the most insane thing to happen to the WWE ever. Plus John seems like a great guy anyway, I am just glad it turned out not to be true. I just wonder how the rumor started....

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    He's the company's biggest star and biggest money maker, without dispute. If he died, you'd get the highest-rated Raw in a decade on the tribute show, and then business would tank.
    Yes but could you imagine the sales of Over Come Death memorial shirts?

MJ? Beatles? Queen? Decide PW's Favorite music artist!

Currently Playing - Bravely Default, NBA 2K14

Cena is dead. They just took Darren Young, ran him through a lite Micheal Jackson procedure, built him up a little, and whala!

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

Since this is fake, I don't feel bad starting this discussion…

Do you think they'd turn Punk back face and make him the face of the company or would they just go with Sheamus?

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-3 Kid View Post
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Summer of Punk View Post
    Since this is fake, I don't feel bad starting this discussion…

Do you think they'd turn Punk back face and make him the face of the company or would they just go with Sheamus?
    It would be between those two and Daniel Bryan. Tough to say who they would ultimately pick.

Quote Originally Posted by CIG View Post
    Yes but could you imagine the sales of Over Come Death memorial shirts?
    Rise Above Death*

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Not to go on about the internet too much, but with anyone being able to have a blog or a website, rumors, especially controversial ones get picked up by site after site and then people start to to think them true. Did anyone follow the Morgan Freeman death hoax on facebook recently?

If you ever hear these rumors just go to official sites, stay away form blogs or entertainments sites.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    What?
    Exactly what I said. Well may be not to that extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Not to go on about the internet too much, but with anyone being able to have a blog or a website, rumors, especially controversial ones get picked up by site after site and then people start to to think them true. Did anyone follow the Morgan Freeman death hoax on facebook recently?

If you ever hear these rumors just go to official sites, stay away form blogs or entertainments sites.
    I remember one time yahoo news reported Eminem dead in a car accident back in like 2009, I think.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 2: We Are The Champions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by booman View Post
    What is with this whole John Cena is dead thing? I got a ton of e-mails last night and today, ever frantic texts saying that Cena was dead in some sort of injury from preparing to wrestle The Rock again. How did this rumor get started and how did it grow so fast? Did anyone else hear about this?
    I saw that on Facebook months ago, never believed it. Think Cena was on the death list on Wikipedia for about an hour or so.

Anyone else remember when Mayweather was reported killed in his match with Big Show? Man, that would have killed Wrestlemania.

I remember when Nicolas Cage, Tom Cruise, and George Clooney all died. Amazingly, all from "filming their latest action movie in Australia".

If you want to instantly know if someone just died, go to their Wikipedia page, and their date of death will be there as soon as they draw their last breath. There are way too many people who need to be the first to inform the world of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoWarrior View Post
    If you want to instantly know if someone just died, go to their Wikipedia page, and their date of death will be there as soon as they draw their last breath.
    But that could be an edit from a hoaxer who just edited it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-3 Kid View Post
    Exactly what I said. Well may be not to that extreme
    Cena dying would not kill WWE, not even close and it would not be worst then some dumbass kill his wife and his kid with his finisher. If anything sad as it is, it would probably be boost up and make a company a profit off of memorial shows and merchandise alone.

Quote Originally Posted by glutton View Post
    But that could be an edit from a hoaxer who just edited it.
    In my own experience, I've never seen it happen (I'm sure it has), but when there's a "shocking death" announced somewhere, it's not on their Wiki page.

What happens after all that dies down? The guy is alive and the company is this desperate. He is the only star and the only legit cash cow they have. He dies tomorrow and Vince will be forced to revamp the whole business or eventually go out of it. The impact will be bigger than aftermath of Benoit.

I don't feel comfortable discussing Cena's death and his aftermath when the guy's well and alive. So...let's drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Cena dying would not kill WWE, not even close and it would not be worst then some dumbass kill his wife and his kid with his finisher. If anything sad as it is, it would probably be boost up and make a company a profit off of memorial shows and merchandise alone.
    Of course. Eddie's death gave them a slight boost, can you imagine what a dead top star would do?

Time frame of Eddie's death and circumstances back then is totally different. Not saying they won't make money off Cena's death like they did Eddie's. That's really not the point. Ok, I'm done.

I literally just now got another text saying he died, what the hell is going on here. I feel like I'm being pranked now....

Cena is not dead. Can someone close this thread?

Thread Information