Thread: Raw Rating Breakdown for 10-01-2012

Default Raw Rating Breakdown for 10-01-2012

In the segment-by-segment, the long interview segment with C.M. Punk, Paul Heyman, Vickie Guerrero, Dolph Ziggler, A.J. Lee, Kane and Daniel Bryan opened at a 2.74 and gained 4,000 viewers. Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Primo & Epico and Brodus Clay vs. Antonio Cesaro lost 461,000 viewers. The Miz vs. Zack Ryder lost 47,000 viewers and did a 2.37 quarter. The Sheamus/Big Show debate which had the usual 9 p.m. growth gained 421,000 viewers. Ryback vs. Tensai and Eve Torres vs. Beth Phoenix lost 350,000 viewers. Santino Marella vs. Heath Slater gained 222,000 viewers. That one surprised me. Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow in the long match lost 63,000 viewers and that was the 10 p.m. segment. I think we can declare the 10 p.m. segment traditional growth as being on life support. The show was laid out for the 10 p.m. segment to be the Jim Ross Appreciation Night with Punk, Heyman and Ryback at the end. Instead, they didn’t really get going until the 10:15 p.m. death spot, but instead of a huge loss, it gained 461,000 viewers to a show-topping 2.89 quarter. Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston lost 824,000 viewers and did a 2.29 quarter, the lowest quarter for a regular episode of Raw in 15 years. Basically, 21% of all the viewers who watched the Ross segment, tuned out, whether it was football or elsewhere, when that segment ended. 38% of teenage boys tuned out, 25% of Males 18-49, 28% of teenage girls and 20% of Women 18-49 tuned out at that point. The Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler & C.M. Punk main event gained 532,000 viewers to a 2.70 overrun.
    Observer

Rico and Kofi got fucked up. Feel bad for Kofi.

The Miz and Zack Ryer? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Default Re: Raw Rating Breakdown for 10-01-2012

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Observer

Rico and Kofi got fucked up. Feel bad for Kofi.

The Miz and Zack Ryer? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Berto and Kofi has been done a thousand times, and Kofi has lost every time. People aren't stupid. I flipped the channel during that match.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Kofi needs to be repackaged. A heel run with that offense isn't going to help. But he needs to really be sent somewhere and just reset from the floor up.

I would make him heel, but like I say that would mean totally taking away his style and incorporating more strike/submission based offense. Or they can just turn him in to a counter type wrestler. They just need to do something with him and fast, while he is still over, becuse the kid is turning in to Shelton Benjamin with dreads more or less, not a good thing.

ADR needs to be protected more. Million Dollar Man and JBL would never have worked these many matches with that gimmick

As I mentioned in another thread, turn Kofi heel by playing off his real life friendship with Punk. Make him another "Heyman Guy" - have Punk choose him for his team at Survivor Series against Team Cena.

But that's too good an idea for WWE. Also they can't really spare any faces to turn heel right now.

Yeah the company is screwing up with Kofi for the longest time.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Kofi isn't a Heyman Guy. He needs his own schtick, doesn't need to piggy back off Punk.

He needs to just go away for like 30 days and come back with a new attitude.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

In addition to MNF, the MLB Playoffs will be going on next week with the Yankees likely playing in Raw's timeslot.

So yeah, good luck not getting another bad rating.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Just hope the company doesn't get drastic and panic again.

Next thing we know Ryback is the new champion soon

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Nah. next thing we know they will rush Cena back next week. I just hope for once he plays hardball.

Oh yeah that is more likely the scenario. Hey if HBK played hardball in 1997 Cena can no doubt play hardball and be warranted. I wish he would stay away for a month and come back for Survivor Series to force creative to fix the damn mid and upper card storylines. Plus, it wouldn't hurt Cena getting some time off and having fans want to see him on a regular basis again. Not to even mention rushing him back might not be too smart physically either.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Well Cena is still advertised for the show, so there's that.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Card subject to change

Just watch lol to the paying customers

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

They do say that, but when a guy is/isn't advertised for a show, they usually stick to it.

Bender

The debate with Big Show and Sheamus gained 421,000 viewers which is about the same as the usual 9pm growth.

People are idiots and ratings don't matter much anymore.

Thread Information