Thread: edge has heat within wwe

Question edge has heat within wwe

credit pwinsider

There is a lot of heat on Edge within WWE right now. WWE pretty much made another Legends deal offer to him when he worked the recent SmackDown tapings but he was not interested. Edge does not want to be locked into a WWE deal and wants to be able to do his own things. When WWE originally saw that Edge's contract was ending, they offered him a Legends deal similar to what Shawn Michaels has but word is the money offered was a bit of an insult.
    There is also some heat on Edge because of Beth Phoenix leaving. There's a belief that she's leaving in part to help him recover from neck surgery in November. Also, there are some people high up in the company that aren't happy about his upcoming appearance for Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore promotion.

Edge and WWE will most likely work together in the future but there is definitely the feeling within WWE that he's sort of gone against them.

Default Re: edge has heat within wwe

You people are so petty and...Tiny

This sounds exaggerated. It feels like all Edge did was turn down a contract, which is totally up to him. I don't see why the WWE would be upset with him because of that.

The RTruth
    RT is about to buy his 2nd house and still isn't really sure how.

They always act like assholes when people don't sign those Legend deals

They're mad over a Diva leaving? LOL

I doubt there is much truth to this, it sounds really dumb. I doubt Vince cares about losing a single Diva, plus I am sure Edge will still come back and do some sort of deal in the future.

Pw insider is reliable.

And WWE is known for being this petty

OMG a retired wrestler has heat...big deal.

The guy broke his neck while wrestling with the company and nearly fucking killed himself with all the crazy matches he wrestled in. He owes them nothing, get a grip WWE.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Can't say it any better than WMS just did.

Nothing is ever enough in wrestling, until you're dead on their watch. It's sad.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Well it doesnt stop there. If you die, they can use it as an angle and even push your widow on the show. I've seen it happen.

Pretty much agree with everyone else. Edge should just walk away from the WWE for awhile. The WWE will come knocking again, they usually do.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

If the wrestler didn't leave his wife broke, they probably wouldn't need to be pushed on WWE

Banned

I know the best way to fuck up wwe edge and Christian say they will do a reunion but now it's Christian vs cena wwe championship but edge fastcounts Christian when cent was really suppose to win omg the new screwwwjon you screwed cena chants all across

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    If the wrestler didn't leave his wife broke, they probably wouldn't need to be pushed on WWE
    You ever gotten a quote for life insurance with your profession listed as professional wrestler. Most insurance companies won't entertain the notion and the ones that do probably charge rates somewhere north of tightrope walker and lion tamer.

Eddie didn't start making really good scratch until a few years prior to his death. That is sort of a rash comment to make unless of course you happen to be the Guerrero family accountant and have inside info that the rest of don't.

I've always viewed the legends deals as being a way for the E to prevent the stars that they built from showing up in another wrestling promotion after "retiring". I can't imagine that anyone views House of Hardcore as anything to worry about and even if Edge were to sign with TNA, he can't get medically cleared to wrestle. I don't see him turning down a legends contract as being a big deal. Also, it sounds like Beth isn't retiring and is just taking some time off before she plans to re-sign. This thing sounds like its really being blown out of proportion.

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

This can't be more meaningless. Edge isn't a wrestler anymore, so they can't bury him. They'll also never deny him from returning for a promo or something because he draws.

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Which has nothing to do with exposing his death. And what source do you have that she was broke?

What is Edges relationship with Beth Pheonix?

If true, it is petty. The guy gave everything he had for years, competed in incredibly dangerous matches and rushed back from injury.

Thing is, WWE needs Edge more than Edge needs WWE so really it won't make a difference if he has heat or not as WWE will come calling again.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

This story sounds like hogwash. Edge was given a great send off and immediately inducted into the HOF. I'm sure he is on great terms with Vince.

Basically, like the government, WWE wants to control you until you die. Pathetic.

C'mon people, stop it. It's not like WWE is asking him to get in the ring and wrestle again. As big as Edge was (if he was), he was never as big a deal as Shawn Micheal was, so expecting or asking for better deal than what Shawn Micheals got is pretty insulting in itself. All he would be doing is very few days in the calendar year. Is that too much to ask?...from a company that gave him everything he got in return. I'm not saying he owes them anything (so don't devour me please), I'm just saying they're not asking him to do anything a walking able human being wouldn't do.

However if Phoenix leaving is part of the reason they're getting mad at Edge, then that's some bullshit double standard. Taker's girl had to leave to be a wifey as well and they was ok with that. Especially if her reason is to take time off to take care of Edge, then I don't see the big deal.
    Last edited by 1-2-3 Kid; 10-03-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Thread Information