Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rayback WWE Champion!

Default Rayback WWE Champion!

Ok this is right out of left field and I doubt it would happen but stranger things have, one way or the other I think punk will loose his title in hell in a cell.

Now what if Cena can't make it, show seems to be in a story with Sheamus, orton isn't around so who does punk fight in the cell?

Well what if it is Ryback? Now hear me out yes he is young and he is just makeing his way in the business but what if he pulls off a victory against punk now it doesn't have to be clean, give punk something to bitch about. Ryback then goes to face the rock and beats him.

Somehow I guess you have to shoe horn a match rock vs punk or cena leaving the other to fight Ryback at mania.

Now I know it's all a bit vague but why else would you have ryback sticking his nose in punks business if it didn't lead to a match and ryback has to win otherwise all the buildup is wasted.

Default Re: Rayback WWE Champion!

Ryback losing doesn't mean the buildup is wasted. It just means he can't beat the top guy in the WWE. He can look strong in defeat.

Ryback beating CM Punk would be kinda interesting and out there, but I wouldn't like it because I doubt Ryback has what it takes to put on the kind of long matches required for a WWE Champion, at least not right now. Ryback facing a top guy at Wrestlemania is even more ridiculous; he's definitely not ready for such a spot.

Just be glad it won't be a table match.

Hell, I'd take 2009 Sehamus over Ryback any day though. At least Sheamus had a more realistic character than Ryback back then.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 2: We Are The Champions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Ryback losing doesn't mean the buildup is wasted. It just means he can't beat the top guy in the WWE. He can look strong in defeat.

Ryback beating CM Punk would be kinda interesting and out there, but I wouldn't like it because I doubt Ryback has what it takes to put on the kind of long matches required for a WWE Champion, at least not right now. Ryback facing a top guy at Wrestlemania is even more ridiculous; he's definitely not ready for such a spot.
    Ryback has been in developmental for years. He has the cardio-vascular endurance to run any length of match required. However, his squash matches are chiefly quick. It'd scarcely be a squash if it required 15 minutes to knock out Heath Slater.

Regarding a Championship reign - Ryback is merely a threat to the throne. This doesn't mean Ryback will win the title so soon. In due course, though, WWE will be wise to use big stars to further put Ryback over in long, compelling PPV matches. Within a few years, it may be possible to put Ryback's streak vs Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak, after Ryback has beaten the likes of Cena, perhaps Triple H, and even the Rock. Instead of halting talent with Rock's pointless future title run, Rock can and should be used to better current talent.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

This guy has nothing, please no!

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

If Ryback ends Punk's reign, I will quit watching wrestling, and I like Ryback.

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    This guy has nothing, please no!
    Except the right look, a ton of crowd support right now, moves that look devastating and plenty of strength

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Except the right look, a ton of crowd support right now, moves that look devastating and plenty of strength
    Right look?...he's ugly as hell.

Crowd Support...he has some fans who chant feed me more, and most of them mockingly chant Goldberg at him.

Moves that look devastating...none more so than when he almost killed Tensi with a botch.

Plenty of strength...Like most of the other roid heads in the WWE.

Ryback's push is ridiculous, he should be an I.C. title contender, not challenging for the top spot.

SMH...WWE can always make people believe hype, I will give them that.

Crowd Support...he has some fans who chant feed me more, and most of them mockingly chant Goldberg at him.

Moves that look devastating...none more so than when he almost killed Tensi with a botch.

Ryback's push is ridiculous, he should be an I.C. title contender, not challenging for the top spot.

He's big which is what Vince will look for most of the time

The Goldberg chants are becoming less and less with each passing week while FEED ME MORE is increasing. A month ago that would've been accurate

It's already been shown and said by many that the botch on Raw was mainly on Tensai, when Tensai does what he's meant to Ryback can get him up with no problem as seen on Smackdown

It's not ridiculous, WWE are simply being smart and striking while the iron is hot with this guy, that's just common sense.

I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not

No striking while the Iron is hot would be keeping him in high profile mid card matches and having him work his way up to the main event scene, like how they used to do in the old days of the WWF when they actually made stars.

What they're likely doing now is shooting their load waaaay too early, the way they always do nowadays by having Ryback skip the mid card scene altogether and putting him in the main event before he's proven to be ready, that's not common sense, that stupidity.

And the Goldberg chants still happen alot, it just depends on the arena.

It's easy to get the entire crowd to chant something, that doesn't mean people are actually gonna start paying to see a guy.

Al Snow used to get 20,000 people to chant Head every night, back in the attitude era, I guarantee none of them came to see him though.

Feed me more chants aren't all that impressive, and certainly no reason to shoot a guy to the main event scene other wise Zack Ryder should be headlining Mania this year for all the WOO WOO WOO chants he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    It's already been shown and said by many that the botch on Raw was mainly on Tensai, when Tensai does what he's meant to Ryback can get him up with no problem as seen on Smackdown.
    And what about a few weeks ago when he damn near killed Jack Swagger... face it the guy's reckless.

@2:14

Edit: video doesn't seem to be showing so here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtmlN_QuJog
    Last edited by Lony; 10-03-2012 at 04:38 AM.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Banned

Your refutes are so unbelievably irrational. He's ugly? First, that's your opinion. I'm sure you'd call him ugly in person, too. Secondly, I forgot - WWE was a glamorous theater for beauty. Only the beautiful thrive in such an elegant business.

Wrestling marks chant Goldberg. What makes you think Ryback takes it condescendingly? Whether it's Goldberg, or Feed Me More, the crowds are indulging. Half the crowd chants, Cena Sucks. Heat or Love, Cena is getting the abundant reaction to thrive as a star and top talent.

My favorite refute. When Ryback nearly killed Prince Albert by A-Train's own mistake. Crucify Ryback, right? And besides, how many botches have top talent like the Rock made during his career? He even made an edition of Are You Serious? Don't attempt to irrationally disregard Ryback's powerful moveset by an opponents botch.

Plenty of strength like most of the roid heads in WWE. So now you're ignorantly assuming he's a roid head. AKA, "I'm envy of his physique he probably has busted his ass off to obtain." Carry on calling Frank Zane a roid head, or Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Mike Mentzer. Taking steroids at one point doesn't make one a roid head. Plus you cannot prove Ryback has or is currently abusing the drug. It's mindless assumption. It doesn't take away Ryback's strength. Ryback is one of the strongest athletes on the roster regardless.

Ryback's push is ridiculous. First the marks cry about his time in Nexus. "Separate him! Give him a push!" Now it's a ridiculous push. WWE Writer, please enlighten us on the great push you must have in mind for Ryback.

Let me guess - squash matches for 10 years, like, back in my day, 1952! Make him wear the intercontinental champion and pointlessly throw it away in the trash like Scott Hall?

There is no credible midcard for Ryback to reasonably feud. JTG, Slater, Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks, Primo, Jinder, Jack Swagger, the Intercontinental Champion the Miz and even Lord Tensai, who was recently possessed an undefeated streak.

WWE is 'blowing their load' because Ryback is over, he does have the 'look' and potential to be a star. And he will be a star, for however long, whether you like it or no. So open wide for that premature load WWE just spewed.
    Last edited by Eris Auralius; 10-03-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Left out an important thought.

I like you Eris, made the point about the midcard that I was going to make very succinctly

Lony: That's one botch so a total of 2 againt WWE guys, one which wasn't even his fault and suddenly he's reckless. If I have a car crash where a guy rear-ends me and as a result I crash into the car in front of me am I a reckless driver?

BadNews: Chanting is a lot better then crickets plus the chanting is just one part of an overall impressive package. On a Raw unless you stopped every fan on the way out and asked them who they specifically paid for, we won't know. The fact is they are chanting and for all we know, a fair few people paid because they were expecting Ryback. I have my doubts that a fan would pay a lot for a ticket just to see one wrestler in a 3 hour broadcast. If I paid for a 2 hour Raw house show it'd be because I want to see Cena, Punk, Miz, Bryan, Ryback, Sandow etc

Thi is a lie. They have stopped chanting Goldberg for weeks and the whole arena was scresming his catchphrase. I don't agree with himk being the next guy either, but you can't deny the proof when it is right there and my reasons are legit. He is injury prone and surrounded by shitty writers who know better but won't do better for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris Auralius View Post
    Ryback has been in developmental for years. He has the cardio-vascular endurance to run any length of match required. However, his squash matches are chiefly quick. It'd scarcely be a squash if it required 15 minutes to knock out Heath Slater.
    I didn't make myself entirely clear. I don't doubt Ryback is able to put on a long match, but I don't think he has the talent to work a long one-on-one match of high quality, especially not at the consistency required of a WWE Champion. I could be wrong, but that is how I feel.

Ryback beating CM Punk at HIAC for the WWE championship is the worst idea ever, even worse than having Ric Flair beat Punk for the title, the guy is so sloppy in the ring he makes Cena look like the tidiest performer in the square circle, as Daniel Bryan would say NO! NO ! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    And what about a few weeks ago when he damn near killed Jack Swagger... face it the guy's reckless.

@2:14

Edit: video doesn't seem to be showing so here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtmlN_QuJog
    That was Swagger's fault. Someone should teach him how to take a Backdrop.

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

Banned

Yeah, sorry. That's solely on Swagger for not taking a back bump properly.

Ahhh, so many replies to make, so little time.

I'll just hit the ones that stick out to me.

Firstly, me saying he's too ugly isn't far off because the WWE is all about image, more than any other wrestling organization ever, so a face of the company who looks like a damn mutant isn't something I see as a very marketable commodity.

Me calling him Roid Head because I'm jealous of how he looks, is fucking hilarious, I'm in pretty good shape, and work out a ton, yet and still I will never look as built as John Cena either, and you don't see me calling him a Roid Head.
    Ryback just looks big and dumb IMO, like a stereotypical Roid Head.

Ryback being strong isn't that impressive to me, because many people like CM Punk don't look very strong by comparison, but their ring ability and mic skills are, which is what Ryback lacks and which is more important.

If you're gonna sell a power package, he better have a great look and some charisma, and again I don't think Ryback does.

And yes a lot people play along with the dumb Feed Me More chant, and some flat out mock him by chanting Goldberg, but until I see an entire arena chanting RYBACK! RYBACK! every week, or start seeing some proof of him bringing in more ratings, or his merchandise flying off shelves, I'm not gonna be completely sold on how over he is, thus won't see any reason to put him in the title picture this soon.

There is nothing special about what this guy does, and really they could have given this Feed Me More gimmick and streak to Mason Ryan a while ago and you'd probably have the exact same results, and at least he'd have a better look IMO.

Not like people didn't chant another famous name when Ryan was out there too.

Get any meat head, give him a streak gimmick and it will work the same.

I'm not impressed.

Mason Ryan is terrible

Banned

Mason Ryan never, ever, got a reaction like Ryback. Not once, not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Mason Ryan never, ever, got a reaction like Ryback. Not once, not ever.
    Mason Ryan wasn't booked like Ryback was either, with a streak of wins over nobody's making him seem unbeatable.

He was put into matches with guys like Cena and was jobbed out.

Yeah, buty Mason Ryan was/is fucking terrible. So there was that. Ryback is a greenhorn, but Mason is the drizzling shits

What has Ryback done that's so impressive in the ring, certainly nothing that Ryan or any other number of muscle guys couldn't do.

He just uses power moves and works stiff, that's not anything hard to pull off.

He's only where he is because the WWE decided he's a big guy, we want to push a big guy, let him win.

Banned

He's gotten over.

THAT'S what he's done that's impressive. WWE pushes monster faces all the time, they don't always get over. Look at Ezekial Jackson. He was undefeated for a good long while.

Thread Information