Thread: WWE needs to focus on creating better television

Default WWE needs to focus on creating better television

I honestly felt like watching Raw last night was more of a chore than a form of entertainment. With the exception of the Jim Ross/C.M. Punk segment, everything felt so vanilla that it was really hard to sit through live. You can almost see the bookers and writers operating off of some kind of flow chart in the back that is labeled low card, mid card etc. Also, the attention to detail is almost non-existent. For instance, I might have been somewhat surprised at how easily Cesaro defeated Brodus if not for the fact that Brodus Clay's entrance which makes up for 99 % of his diminishing appeal was left off TV which is never a good sign. So instead of turning Clay heal and seeing how he runs with it, all those wrestler burying squash wins he accumulated over guys like I.C. champ miz, all that heel squashing was for nothing. Since Clay's squash run happened such an eternity ago in the minds of the short sighted writers(2-6 months), creative has already forgotten about it. I would go so far to say that if you figured a ratio of creative team members to quality of product, then the WWE is producing the worse wrestling in the history of the business(comparitively speaking). Can you imagine if Paul Heyman would have had access to the wwe budget for writers and agents? How about Bill Watts in the Mid -South days? I don't even think that Memphis could have produced the poor quality of crap that the WWE produces these days. Am I in the minority in my thinking on this issue?
    Last edited by bischoffs brain; 10-02-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Default Re: WWE needs to focus on creating better television

I enjoyed Raw last night. Sheamus vs Sandow was great, CM Punk was great, JR was great with Punk and on commentary. I like Cesaro but I was shocked to see him dismantle Brodus like that. Its looks like big things are coming from Cesaro.

We had a lot of brand new things last night
    -Cesaro big push
    -Sandow long great match with the WHC
    -Ryback and Punk staredown

To me, watching Raw becomes a chore when its too predictable and lazy. I didnt think Raw was great but very good considering no John Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    I enjoyed Raw last night. Sheamus vs Sandow was great, CM Punk was great, JR was great with Punk and on commentary. I like Cesaro but I was shocked to see him dismantle Brodus like that. Its looks like big things are coming from Cesaro.

We had a lot of brand new things last night
    -Cesaro big push
    -Sandow long great match with the WHC
    -Ryback and Punk staredown

To me, watching Raw becomes a chore when its too predictable and lazy. I didnt think Raw was great but very good considering no John Cena.
    Well, I knew the Sandow/ Sheamus match was going to be long because of it's placement. The long match always runs over the 10:00 eastern time slot. Maybe all the fans don't notice things like this, but the show has a too predictable flow. I can tell when they are about to go to commercial 15 seconds before someone is thrown out the ring and Cole finished his commercial lead in. As far as Cesaro goes, I was a little surprised he went over Clay so easily even though Clay did the "jobber entrance". It's just that I would have been pleasently shocked if the same match happened after one last Brodus Clay song and dance. Now, it won't be much of a surprise when ( insert name here) gets a victory ofer Brodus next week. I think either Ziggler or Sandow will get a rebound squash win over Brodus on Raw next week. Or Big Show destroys Clay to promote HIAC.

Banned

a.
    Well, I knew the Sandow/ Sheamus match was going to be long because of it's placement. The long match always runs over the 10:00 eastern time slot.
    No. Last week, they placed King's interview there. A few weeks ago, "Hug it out" aired in that spot. A couple weeks ago, Orton squashing Heath Slater ina quick match aired there. And they also did a David Otunga/Sheamus squash match in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    a.

No. Last week, they placed King's interview there. A few weeks ago, "Hug it out" aired in that spot. A couple weeks ago, Orton squashing Heath Slater ina quick match aired there. And they also did a David Otunga/Sheamus squash match in that spot.
    Hug it out was fairly long which is my point. Anything that runs in that spot is going to be lengthy and when it happens repeatedly, it gets that formula feeling to it.

Having the most important segments at the hour marks is actually really convenient. Even if I'm busy with other things I can still pop in at the hour marks and get to see everything I wanted to watch anyway. Two of them will probably be Punk segments, the other will be a long match or a non-Punk segment, and the main event will be a Punk match or a very important promo. It works out really nicely.
    Banner Credit: Stefan_MK1

Thread Information