Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new finisher for RYBACK. Your ideas?

Default A new finisher for RYBACK. Your ideas?

I never thought his marching back drop finisher had much to it. Also the marching in a way felt like it was to show that lifting whoever was like nothing. However while I think the both lift was more of Albert's issue (I really don't believe Goldberg could jackknife a deadweight Big Show without Show jumping up), it seems the finisher might be too risky to keep trying because it is more of an awkward lift compared to the jackknife or Attitude Adjustment.

He has one of the better stiff clotheslines I've seen, but Bradley has had that market for a while. What do you guys feel are some good finishers for him that would play to the impact they are trying to build around him?

PS: It's not like Undertaker never failed a chokeslam. Jericho never missed a rope drop kick. Goldberg never messed up a lift. It happens. Just sucks that it was Ryback's finisher vs a guy he's done it to before so early in his career.

Banned

Default Re: A new finisher for RYBACK. Your ideas?

There's nothing wrong with the Meathook Clothesline. Nothing at all.

The Clothesline is good enough as a finisher.

Call it the Sin City Sickle

I don't think he needs to change his finisher... I mean it's funny to joke about the botch but look at how Batista struggled with Booker T (an average sized wrestler for the time, much more embarrassing than Tensai) and the Batista Bomb worked out fine for him. Hell, I can squat 250 for a few reps and also have trouble with a 45 lb box if I don't get a good grip on it... which looks super embarrassing...

I'm on board for a lariat finisher. Ryback does it really well. I quite like his current finisher too, just because Albert sandbagged it one time doesn't mean it should be scrapped. Hell he could even use a powerbomb as a finish, his powerbombs are sick. Either way, I will be happy as long as he doesn't use the backpack stunner as a finish, or preferably ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by glutton View Post
    I don't think he needs to change his finisher... I mean it's funny to joke about the botch but look at how Batista struggled with Booker T (an average sized wrestler for the time, much more embarrassing than Tensai) and the Batista Bomb worked out fine for him. Hell, I can squat 250 for a few reps and also have trouble with a 45 lb box if I don't get a good grip on it... which looks super embarrassing...
    True, that's what I think it really was...a big part of Tensai dead weight, but also a botch...I think the timing (while trying to build him up as a powerhouse and his natural comparisons to Goldberg and Lesnar who probably looked more impressive and impactful) and the fact that it was two failed attempts..

Maybe it makes him all the more compelling. Maybe he should life the same way Cena lifts and use more of his broad back vs his neck

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantT316 View Post
    True, that's what I think it really was...a big part of Tensai dead weight, but also a botch...I think the timing (while trying to build him up as a powerhouse and his natural comparisons to Goldberg and Lesnar who probably looked more impressive and impactful) and the fact that it was two failed attempts..

Maybe it makes him all the more compelling. Maybe he should life the same way Cena lifts and use more of his broad back vs his neck
    Goldberg and Lesnar are probably more naturally coordinated guys than say Big Dave or Ryback. It's not all about pure strength as it's easier not to mess up awkward lifts if you have good balance and are athletic.

The way the move starts (with the leg hook) is probably what compels him to use his neck.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    The Clothesline is good enough as a finisher.

Call it the Sin City Sickle
    I can dig it.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

He just had his head in the wrong place. When he did it successfully on Smackdown, he had his head more on Tensai's upper stomach area, while on RAW he had his head pretty much on Tensai's chest. The weight wasn't distributed nearly evenly, by having his head on the chest, making Tensai more bottom-heavy on Raw. I don't think Ryback has done the move on anyone else the size of Tensai yet, but someone can confirm that for me. He just needs more practice performing the move on different body types. Tensai has a build shared by very few in the WWE, being so round but also very tall.

Having said all that, the clothesline is fine. I'm not crazy about it (and never have been crazy about clothesline finishers), but he performs it well enough.

The jabroni banning, troll canning, thread locking, always shocking. See a
    troll, don't worry I got him. Right after giving his candy ass a Lock Bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    He just had his head in the wrong place. When he did it successfully on Smackdown, he had his head more on Tensai's upper stomach area, while on RAW he had his head pretty much on Tensai's chest. The weight wasn't distributed nearly evenly, by having his head on the chest, making Tensai more bottom-heavy on Raw.
    Wow, great post, I just rewatched it and that's exactly it. No way he was going to pull off like that and he messed it up the same way both times he attempted it.

Banned

Not true. The second time yes, though that could have been because of the positioning of Tensai's leg. The first time, Ryback's head was positioned 100% correctly.

Just like Big Show's punch, the WMD, the lariat just doesnt look like a finisher. It looks devastating coming from Ryback but why are we talking about him changing his finisher. The deathmarch buster is great.

Banned

I say give him a running spinebuster. That move would look really sweet and mean.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Backpack Stunner

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

450 splash

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

The Worm

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    but why are we talking about him changing his finisher
    Because he botched it once against a giant guy apparently. Meh, stuff like this can happen to anybody no matter how strong they are, get a bad grip/positioning and you're in trouble... it isn't really a problem unless he starts consistently messing it up, and there aren't THAT many I think he'd likely have trouble with.

He should just do a 'modified' version (with a standard fireman's carry instead of the fisherman's suplex-like start) for the really big guys.

I watched the match and it was 99% Tensai's fault. Besides Ryback performed it to Tensai on Smackdown and it was great.

Yeah, maybe a bit premature to all of a sudden change a finisher based on one of many botches to come. Hogan's really weak take of Undertaker's chokeslam. Orton's missed RKO. Diesel's "I'm tired as heck" powerbomb to HBK at WM11, Austin's stunners here and there. CM Punks botched GTS on Kane.

I guess it happens.

I remember vaguely Kevin Nash falling down when trying to powerbomb someone, I think it was in TNA

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    I remember vaguely Kevin Nash falling down when trying to powerbomb someone, I think it was in TNA
    WCW. And it was to Big Show. He'd done it perfectly before, this time he fell over and dropped big show on the back of his head.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    WCW. And it was to Big Show. He'd done it perfectly before, this time he fell over and dropped big show on the back of his head.
    Wow. Big Show got powerbombed I have to look that up on youtube. Ill look up the botch too.

I could have sworn he did it to someone in TNA too, but just couldnt handle it. Maybe im just confusing myself.

I like Rybacks clotheline, best one since JBL. But might as well just give him the spear and jackhammer...complete the Goldberg package!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the Meathook Clothesline. Nothing at all.
    Its not big enough to be his finisher. Its his set up move. Its his spear. It was spear then jackhammer for Goldberg. The set up move gets a huge pop and gets the fans ready for the big finisher. So no, the Meathook Clothesline alone won't cut it.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

This could easily be his finisher, and I'd love it a lot more.

Thread Information