Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CHIKARA Pro Wrestling

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CHIKARA Pro Wrestling

30/7/12: Bet you didn’t expect to hear from me, did you?

It’s been over a month since The Foggiest Notion. To say it wasn’t the greatest night of my life would be an understatement.

17 and The Shard are obviously highly skilled. They know what they’re doing and they knew exactly what way to attack me and that was my left knee, a left knee both know, especially Shard, is weak and has been operated on and cleared up more times than I’d care to admit.

They took this knowledge and used it as a weapon of war and it’s all led to this. They continue to run amok, trying to destroy the place I helped create whilst I sit at home, reduced to writing this blogs instead of being able to do something about it myself.

I’d like nothing better than to tell you all I’ll be back on August 17th and 18th to stand alongside Eddie, Mike and The Colony to face down these guys and make sure their vengeful quest comes to an end … but it isn’t going to happen.

My knee’s not 100%. Nowhere near it. That’s why I’m writing this blog because though I won’t be in Milwaukee or Indianapolis. I can guarantee all the CHIKARA fans that there is no way I am missing the 2012 King of Trios.

Not only will I be there, but also I’ll be competing. I have no idea how or in what way, that remains to be seen, but this is a warning. A warning to GEKIDO.

I am coming back and be assured, when I do, I’m coming for every single one of you.

Not just The Shard, not just 17 but also you combatANT … deviANT .. assailANT.

I will face you down with no fear of what you may do to me.

I will stand alongside the guys that DESERVE to be here and I won’t waver when I stand over you and send you all packing out of CHIKARA, but unlike Chikarasauras Rex, I’m not just coming to win a match …

I’m coming to destroy you.

We’re coming to destroy you.

Get ready.

We are.

THIS IS WAR.

JIG
    Last edited by Kemis.; 10-15-2012 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rumors have been rife ever since Ayako Hamada and Sara Del Rey gained three points toward title contention last weekend. The question CHIKARA’s official Twitter account continues to be asked is “when will they cash in their prize?” … well, wait no longer, the answer has arrived.

At The Ring of Wax, "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Rey and Ayako Hamada cash in their opportunity as they challenge Chuck Taylor and "The Bee Knees" Johnny Gargano of F.I.S.T. for the Campeonatos de Parejas!

This at first makeshift women’s tandem has performed brilliantly, gaining three points in three consecutive battles fought together. Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano meanwhile, certain people have wondered whether their mind are elsewhere and on other things. They inform CHIKARA’s Board of Fun that they are totally committed to staying the greatest tag team on earth, despite Gargano being involved in a highly important Semi Final of the Young Lions Cup just hours before they defend their championships.

Can they back up their words at The Ring of Wax? Are both men focused on the job? One thing is for sure; The Queen of Wrestling and Hamada are and they are coming for gold. The opportunity to be the first women to hold the Campeonatos De Parejas awaits!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’ve already told you about a Campeonatos de Parejas defence set for The Ring of Wax. Well, we can now reveal that the prior night at Shoot a Crooked Arrow, in the Main Event no less, we’ll be presenting a mega FOUR TEAM showdown … WITH POINTS IN PLAY!

That’s right! The Batiri versus Hallowicked and Frightmare versus The Colony versus the dastardly 17 and The Shard of GEKIDO!

Not only are points in play, but pride, passion and defence of themselves and their partners and beliefs. We all know the wars that have happened and do continue to happen between these teams; The Batiri and Incoherence involved in the on-going war between Delirious and UltraMantis Black whilst The Colony try and help fend off the evil intentions of 17, The Shard and the entire GEKIDO entourage.

With the adding benefit of points in play, which tandem will come out on top and provide the perfect antidote to recent struggles against the opposition? We’ll find out when we invade the great state of Wisconsin on August 17th!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s going to be a frenzy in Indiana when The Ring of Wax opens its doors!

To kick the event off, at 7PM sharpish, six men will enter the squared circle and will do battle for singles glory!

We can even reveal the competitors; Fire Ant, Archibald Peck, “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti, Ophidian, "The Winged Ring Warrior" Icarus and Gran Akuma!

A who’s who of CHIKARA, key parts of Season 11, as the season’s ending comes toward them over the horizon, it’s more important now than ever to grab your chance and finish the season off in style. Who will do that and leave their five rivals bitterly disappointed and defeated?

4/8/12: The CHIKARA Board of Fun has accused me in the past of having issues with anger.

Is it really surprising with the way they, and you, the people reading this, have treated me since I got here?

I was the smallest guy before I got even that honor taken away from me, yet I’ve always … ALWAYS been one of the toughest, yet the board, they’ve never really given me the chance. They put me in a tag team with some guy called Luke as their own sort of joke, a stunt to try and create a laugh in the offices, at my expense.

I go out there and fight tooth and nail and yet I’m laughed at, not respected, ridiculed, and for what? Because I’m not the biggest dog in the fight?

Size doesn’t matter and I am demanding the chance to prove that.

Wink, Board of Fun, stop concentrating your pretty little heads on GEKIDO. That mess can sort itself out. Start turning your attention to your own wrestlers, the guys that, you know, actually want to be here.

Give me the chance and I’ll show you it’s the fight, not size, that matters.

I’ll be waiting by the phone. Give me a ring.

GRIZZLY

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ultimate Ninja Master Reviews
    Kemis(Ocire)'s Chikara: The Great Escape

You may have changed your name, but you will always be Ocire to me my friend. That is what I shall refer to you as from here on out. Is that understood? Great. Now, lets get on with this review since I've been saying I would give you one for like a year now.

I have seen 1 dvd of Chikara that I really loved. Most of the other stuff I've seen has been through Youtube. I like the "Over the Topness" of Chikara, but at the end of the day it just doesn't really draw me in. I love the 6 man tag matches they do, and I love how they don't really take pro wrestling serious with some of the stuff they do. It's just a lot of fun. I would like to see one of the shows live some day(especially stoned, that would be a blast).

Ocire my friend, you are such a talented writer. That opening paragraph to this show was just fantastic. You certainly know how to use words, and put together great sentences.

Really unique summary style here with this second match. I love it. I may be copying it. I like how you are just very strait forward with your descriptions.

Spectral Envoy. I like them. Probably my favorite part of the Chikara universe.

That six man tag was great. Those matches are my favorite part of Chikara, and you really captured what makes them great. Really well planned out, and nicely written match here. I need to start writing more 6 man lucha tag matches.

Nice segment there with Quackenbush and GEKIDO. This is a really well booked invasion storyline you have going here.

As the match quickens in its pace and ferocious nature, Kingston starts to calm down and get a grip of the situation, channelling his frustrations into a dominant spell in the middle of the contest. Kingston’s raw strength and skill, a lethal combination, starts to overwhelm Del Rey, Kingston utilizing an Armbar to weaken the right arm of Death Rey, the arm she uses to hook an opponent up for the Royal Butterfly.
    Oh my god this is really good!

Man, Kingston just beat the shit out of this girl. Jesus man.

That was an excellent summary. The best of the show. The psychology with her arm costing her the match was great. I loved reading that.

Not a bad show man. You pushed the storylines further, and you had a few really good match summaries. The great thing about this show was the quality of it considering how short it was. You are one of those writers like WMS and RT who can drop a 30 word summary for a match that gets a better match over than I can do with 1,000,000 words.

score: 8/10
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 10-26-2012 at 03:58 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6/8/12: Hey CHIKARA, my extended wrestling family! How ya’ll doing?!

As you all know, I’ll be jumping into the caravan convoy and travelling to Wisconsin and Milwaukee with the family in just over a week’s time.

Excuse me if I’m a little rust, after all, I’m used to talk more than writing these days but I thought I’d drop a few words for you all, but mainly, I wanted to speak about one particular person. That person is Archibald Peck.

Me and Archie, we’ve had a chequered past, We’ve fought twice, both winning a match each. Then, the unthinkable happened. We teamed together at Chikarasauras Rex to compete against The Throwbacks and more than that, we won and got one point! A point that remains live today!

It’s transpired that Archie’s going through some girl problems at the moment and boy, if anyone knows what war women can wage with your mind, it’s old Boom Boom here. That’s why I’m making it clear that next weekend, I want to do it all again. I want to again wrestle alongside my new pal Archibald Peck so we can get the two points toward title contention!

I know you’re not in the greatest of states Archie but there’s no need to worry, I’ll help you through it! If Wink and the board lets me, I’ll be by your side and we’ll emerge victorious and you can begin your road to recovery and hopefully one day, a road to becoming Campeonatos de Parejas alongside yours truly!

I’ll see you in Milwaukee and Indianapolis Archie and hopefully, all being well, we’ll be tearing the house down, side by side!

Until Next Time …
    Colt.
    Last edited by Kemis.; 11-13-2012 at 06:19 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8/8/12: Yo nerds, did you enjoy last weekend? I know I did.

I told you all that nerd couldn’t beat such a handsome, athletic, strong athlete like me, yet you continued to doubt me.

It’s nothing abnormal though. You’ve doubted me since I debuted at The Thirteenth Hat. I could never, ever match up to your precious Dasher Hatfield, so I put an end to him and his career. I could never entertain you, make you laugh or be an idiot like Archibald Peck so I sent him into a deep, dark depression at Give ‘em The Axe.

These events were a necessary evil. Accomplishments is all I need, not accolades from you fans.

Another thing I don’t need are any hangers on, which brings me to Veronica.

Veronica, darl, what makes you think I want your services? Your sweet and all that but this jock, he rides solo. You played the game well for those few months but I’m going to the top baby and I don’t need any distractions.

However, you are mine. The contract can’t be broken, so you know what? You’re gonna’ get a chance to prove yourself. Consider yourself on probation for the rest of Season 11.

Impress me with your “services” and I’ll let you join this one-man band.

Embarrass me or help lead me down a path that doesn’t include monstrous success and domination … well, you can consider yourself terminated …

You’re on notice babycakes. Don’t let me down.

Later NERDS!

Mr. TD

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We promised you some updates on Colt Cabana and we can now confirm what the fun loving host of the Art of Wrestling Podcast will be up to when he returns to CHIKARA on August 17th and 18th.

First of all, courtesy of the blog he wrote for chikarapro.com, Cabana’s insisting of reuniting with Archibald Peck for the first time since Chikarasauras Rex has been granted. At Shoot a Crooked Arrow, it’s going to be Archibald Peck and Colt Cabana reunited against the team of … Ophidian and Tim Donst!

Yes, we know this has been controversial. Indeed, Ophidian and Tim Donst are not happy, but due to their consecutive losses last time out and with the Board of Fun allowing them not to compete for points, it’s been decided they will be paired up once again and this time, whether they like it or not, points WILL be in play on this occasion!
    But that’s not all, because the next night, Cabana will return to good old singles action!

We see this as the perfect way to give Colt Cabana what he wanted, as well as trying to help Tim Donst and Ophidian through their recent perils. We are also aware that Archibald Peck may need helping through one of the harder phases of his life. The CHIKARA Board of Fun, as always, aims to please and help everybody involved.

Check out the delightful action on the weekend that marks the last stop before the 2012 King of Trios!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you all know, the 2012 King of Trios is fast approaching. We’re now a matter of weeks away from the premiere weekend in the CHIKARA calendar. The great and the good from all over the world gather for this one extraordinary showcase, an annual event that knocks the socks off everyone who is lucky enough to see it.

The CHIKARA Board of Fun has been busy preparing the lineup and though some reams are yet to be finalized and entered, we can today reveal the two first trios to be confirmed for this years spectacular!

They are …

AND

Oh yes, that’s right! The Extreme Trio is coming to CHIKARA! Not only will we see the return of “The Innovator of Violence” Tommy Dreamer but we’ll see the debut of a pioneer in his field, Jerry Lynn and the legend himself … Terry Funk!

King of Trios was being hyped as the single most exciting event in CHIKARA history; we trust the announcement of the first two teams has wetted your appetite? Well good news, because more is coming very soon indeed!

King of Trios 2012 from Reading, Pennsylvania is only a short-time away!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9/8/12: I don’t normally like writing these blogs but I’ve been forced into it on this occasion due to the refusal of the CHIKARA Board of Fun, nor Wink Vavasseur to respond to my direct communications.

I was appointed as Liaison to CHIKARA for GEKIDO, yet I’ve been unable to do anything but liaise in the past several weeks. I have been unable to air the thoughts and feelings of GEKIDO to anyone of authority and that has bothered me, not least 17, The Shard and The Swarm

The Swarm, especially. They have been wronged by CHIKARA in the past and feel they are not getting a fair shake at the moment either. That is why I write this blog for the attention of the CHIKARA Board of Fun. I am writing to inform you that The Swarm will be making themselves unavailable for selection to compete at either Shoot a Crooked Arrow or The Ring of Wax this coming weekend.

I’m afraid that we have been backed into this corner by your refusal to hear the views of these five men and that is what they are. They are not machines and they will not stand for their basic employee rights to be totally disregarded like they have been since they got here.

As for me, I am sick and tired of my position being seen as nothing but a job role on a piece of paper. I am a puppet on strings, controlled by those who have no nerve to show their face in public.

I suggest you start listening to me and start taking my calls and emails in regards to myself and when I am acting on behalf of GEKIDO.

You employed me to do a job and I am doing it to the best of my ability. However, I can’t fulfill my task if there is no give and take between the two sides.

I hope this blog is read, reviewed and acted upon. The Swarm won’t be in Milwaukee or Indianapolis but they are willing to listen to what you have to say and if you so wish, whilst there with 17 and The Shard, I will meet with any officials that wish to meet and discuss the situation that has arisen.

I await your response.

Derek Sabato

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The news is coming thick and fast and today is no exception.

The last few hours have been tense after a blog posted by Derek Sabato. The man appointed as Liaison to GEKIDO for CHIKARA by the Board of Fun described the reaction of GEKIDO to the events of the last competitive weekend before trying to state that The Swarm had decided to “take the weekend off” when Crooked Arrow and The Ring of Wax comes around.

Well, the Board of Fun convened and Wink Vavasseur decided that due to The Swarm being so keen to show they are no in fact Wrestle Factory failures, they WILL be in action on this weekend, whether they like it or not!

Furthermore, if they don’t show up, they’ll be expelled from CHIKARA … for good!

Indeed, because of Sabato’s words, it’s been decided The Swarm will be put to the toughest of tests as they compete on BOTH NIGHTS.

First up at Shoot a Crooked Arrow, The Swarm will compete in a Trios Showdown when they again face off with Sara Del Rey and Ayako Hamada, but this time, they will be joined by a special guest partner … UltraMantis Black!

Black, as a CHIKARA icon, is trusted to do as better job as any in defending the honor and principle of this great company.

However, it doesn’t stop there. The Ring of Wax is shaping up to be a premiere, deciding event in many epic wars and it’ll be no different where The Swarm are concerned because on that night, they’ll be teaming up alongside The Shard as they go into combat against UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked and Frightmare of The Spectral Envoy and their partner … the returning "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush! It’s going to be Atomico’s Incredible!

Oh yes, “Lightning” Mike Quackenbush is back! It’s been several months since his wrist was reinjured by 17 at Chikarasauras Rex and after appearing during our last weekend swing, the patriarch is ready to go to war with GEKIDO one more time with revenge firmly etched on his mind!

GEKIDO have made life terrible for CHIKARA since they arrived earlier in Season 11 and they won’t be given any room for maneuver. They want to fight and try to challenge CHIKARA’s establishment and the Board of Fun has decided that if they want to fight, they won’t get to decide the terms, that’s the board’s job!

Join us on the 17th and 18th of August. Things are looking up and it’s looking to be yet another weekend of high energy and chaos, just like every event of Season 11 to date!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10/8/12: Next weekend’s looking like quite a big one.

Sexy Chuckie T. and The Bees Knees are due to make yet another successful defence of the Campeonatos de Parejas. People are already doubting us, and for those people, a question …

Who are the only two-time holders of those very titles?

I won’t leave you thinking, a dangerous think for many of you reading this, too long. The answer to that are Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano, two thirds of F.I.S.T, the world’s most dangerous trio!

As for the other third … it seems Icarus wasn’t happy with my decision to recruit The Swamp Monster, who I socialize with in my downtime, as the third person in our match at Give ‘em The Axe. Icarus told me that it was ridiculous.

Well, so’s your tattoo but Johnny and me still put up with it, and you.

I’m not sure what the problem is. I guess you’re still smarting from losing to Akuma? I don’t know, all I know is you need to get your head in the game.

To prove mine is, I’m making a challenge.

I want a rematch with Gran Akuma at Shoot a Crooked Arrow.

I am a defender of F.I.S.T. and great professional wrestling. I’m scared of NO ONE and I’ll prove that as I add yet another winning notch to next weekend’s antics. Grant me this match Board of Fun because I want to compete, I want to win and I want to do something Icarus couldn’t. I want to defeat Gran Akuma.

As for you Sara Del Rey and Hamada, we won’t be forgetting you. We have other things to attend to before Ring of Wax but be assured, our attentions, they are firmly on you two buxom girls.

Man, Woman or Swamp Monster, we do not and will not discriminate.

We’ll treat you as our equals and it’ll make it just as sweet when we demolish you and your points total and send you packing.

Hey, maybe we can all go on a double date afterwards?

Yours Truly, Chuckie T

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singles action has been set for The Ring of Wax. Two members of two of CHIKARA’s most formidable trios will go out into the sometimes-dark wilderness of singles competition. It’ll be the “Deadly, Demonic Warmonger” Obariyon facing off with The Colony’s chief-lieutenant Soldier Ant!

This will be a new experience for both men, them both having made their marks and indeed having made themselves available only to their respective trios and their problems in the last several months.

This is a chance for both to show they have the ability to shine out on their own and who knows, one day, if they find themselves alone in the CHIKARA world, they can point to these sorts of matches and the possible victory to help their cause as they step out on their own.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11/8/12: Chuck, I know I’ve not texted you for a while but it’s nothing personal, I’ve got no credit. Try writing my a letter instead maybe?

I don’t really know why you seemed so unhappy in your last blog. Why do you think I had a problem with The Swamp Monster as our partner? I didn’t.

The only thing I had a problem with was the fact, as as founding members of the single greatest group in CHIKARA history, I’d have liked to have known ahead of time and maybe been involved in the process.

You just went ahead without a seconds thought and that’s what hurts. I thought we were equals? Throughout the years, it’s always been Chuck Taylor and Icarus against the world. It seems lately, with Johnny concerned with bringing home the Young Lions Cup; you have taken on the role as defacto leader.

I like it to be known I bear no grudge; I just want a 33% stake in F.I.S.T, just like you have, just like Johnny does. It’s made us this successful, so why change that now?

At Ring of Wax, Chuck and Johnny are bringing back the Campeonatos de Parejas to where they belong and we will remain the World’s Most Dangerous Trio and even more than that, we will forever remain A TEAM.

ICARUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grizzly Redwood is not a happy man. He wants a chance to prove himself, something he said he’s been refused so far this season. Well, the Board of Fun had an open spot for Shoot a Crooked Arrow and thanks to Redwood’s blog, it’s now been filled! … but whether he’s pleased with the opponent, that’s another matter!

At Shoot a Crooked Arrow; The Loutish Lumberjack gets his chance! It’ll be "The Loutish Lumberjack" Grizzly Redwood one on one with “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti!

It’s a big chance for Redwood, but don’t rule out Mr. Touchdown. After a big defeat of his arch nemesis Archibald Peck, the season begins anew for The Nerd Neutralizer as he looks to Veronica and Shoot a Crooked Arrow to provide him a path to bigger and better things heading fast into Season 12 in 2013.

Who will come out on top? Join us in Milwaukee to find out!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13/8/12: Mr. Black, I sense congratulations are in order.

For you achieved the unforgettable on July 29th when you defeated me.

Oh what a blessed moment it must have been for you, to stop your one-time pet and bidder of evil.

Except, you didn’t.

Not stopped. Just postponed.

I do not drown in a sea of lies. Not like you.

2014. End date. Your Babylon. I do not and will not waver from the task at hand.

You can win all the battles you like up until then, it won’t make a difference. The war will be won by Delirious.

Your sins continue to corrupt you and you feel this. Look at your actions in the past couple of months Mantis Black.

You are unnerved, on edge, almost, ironically, maniacal.

How fitting that you Mantis Black now stand as corrupted, as mentally ravaged as you made me for TWO YEARS.

Two stolen years will be returned and paid in kind.

Not this month, but soon.

Very soon.

All war is deception.

War is coming Mantis Black.

There will sure be casualties … you will be just one.

DELIRIOUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems there is a bit of a disagreement between two members of F.I.S.T. especially in founders Icarus and Chuck Taylor. Both men have posted blogs in recent times chastising the other for some of their respective actions in recent times … not exactly the ideal preparation heading into a potentially make-or-break weekend for the group.

It became so bad that Chuck Taylor asked the Board of Fun to grant him a match against Gran Akuma at Shoot a Crooked Arrow so he could, quote, “do what Icarus couldn’t” and defeat Gran Akuma. Wink Vavasseur agreed, sensing the potential of the former partners going one on one so for the second time this season, it’ll be Chuck Taylor versus Gran Akuma!

With the background of simmering tensions between Icarus and Chuck Taylor, can Sexy Chuckie T put it to the back of his mind and build momentum going into the next night and a Campeonatos de Parejas defence? On the other hand, will Akuma deal F.I.S.T. yet another Season 11 blow and continue his 100% record upon return?

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15/8/12: You thought you got rid of me, didn’t you?

You systematically destroyed my wrist twice in two months and yet here I stand, resolute and determined to use all of my powers, all of my energy and all of my skill, built up in the last two decades from travelling the world, to send you five posers packing from CHIKARA, ensuring you are NEVER to return here!

I’ve always been known as Mr. Nice Guy, and ironically, you did what you said you wanted to. You exposed the dark underbelly of Mike Quackenbush as a guy you don’t want to mess with. I can be just as ferocious, angry and devastating as I can be nice and you’ll find this out this coming weekend when I return to action alongside The Spectral Envoy to combat you in Indianapolis.

Me and UltraMantis Black, we couldn’t be anymore different as characters and we sure as hell haven’t gotten on in the ten years CHIKARA has existed.

However, through it all, we have one thing in common and that is a complete and deep desire to protect the foundations and principles of this company.

We both stand here partially responsible for it’s dramatic rise to where it stands in 2012, yet you guys have come in and tried to ride that success because of perceived grievances against myself, Jigsaw, The Colony and CHIKARA as an entity.

Me and Black, we won’t be going out for a coffee or sending Christmas cards anytime soon, but this weekend, we’ll do what has often seemed impossible. We’ll team together alongside Hallowicked and Frightmare, for one night only …

...for one reason only.

To take you out.

Jigsaw said it best.

This is WAR!

QUACK

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16/8/12: Two years ago, this sort of moment seemed improbable, impossible even.

As I traveled Canada, gracing dirty restrooms and getting payed peanuts to wreck my body in 35-minute matches, little could I have imagined that two years later, I’d be standing on the edge of history.

Little did I know I’d be two matches and two wins away from becoming the 10th annual Young Lions Cup Champion.

I’m not one for philosophy, so this won’t be a blog laden with it, but let’s just say this has been YEARS in the making and that now I stand here, I won’t be making any mistakes or taking anything for granted.

My spirit is UNBREAKABLE and when Michael Elgin gets to Milwaukee and then Indianapolis the next night, that is just what I will be, as always …

Unbreakable.

Michael Elgin

16/8/12: Now I’ve become the most successful tag team wrestler in CHIKARA, I think it’s time I become the most successful singles wrestler.

…and it all begins tomorrow night.

This is my third Young Lions Cup. The first, a first round exit. The second, last year, a defeat in the Semi Final. I will be going not one, but two better this year. I will be Young Lions Winner for 2012. Believe it.

They don’t call me The Bees Knees for no reason. They call me it because I am the absolute best. Everyone knows it. When I walk out of this weekend with that silver trophy in my luggage alongside the Campeonatos de Parejas (Yeah, I am going to wrestle twice in one night. How awesome am I?!), it will be the lasting proof that Johnny G is not just here to stay, but to strive.

Now, the Campeonatos de Parejas.

Next, the 10th Annual Young Lions Cup.

Later, The World.

JOHNNY. G

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear everyone,
    This is how you build excitement for a show.
    That is all.

#bestreviewever

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I can't fucking wait for King of Trios, well done Ocire.

Terry Funk FTW!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have announced all matches for when we play Milwaukee and Indianapolis, well that is, all except one, for we have been holding on for several weeks before being able to bring you news of this last match addition.

Just days after our last weekend of events, we received word from Jigsaw via a blog that his recuperation from injury was going well and all being well, he’d be able to return for the 2012 King of Trios.

Well, it turns out that Jigsaw is ahead of schedule. We thought this match would have to wait, but it seems everything is in place, so it will happen … at the Ring of Wax! It’s going to be Jigsaw challenging for the Grand Championship against his best friend, “The War King” Eddie Kingston!

Jigsaw has promised the CHIKARA Board of Fun that he in the best shape he’s been in for a while and despite the speculation, is 100% able to return to the sort of high-paced, ferocious action that CHIKARA is renowned for. We have taken his word for this but have taken the precaution of installing him in just one match, just to be sure.

Both event cards are now complete and they both look historic. Shoot a Crooked Arrow looks exciting but The Ring of Wax is going to be historic and we’re sure will be a defining night as CHIKARA heads full speed for King of Trios!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE ROAD TO KING OF TRIOS CONTINUES AND WILL COME TO A CLOSE!

ELIMINATION TAG WARS - WITH POINTS IN PLAY!
    17 and The Shard vs. The Colony vs. The Batiri vs. Hallowicked and Frightmare

YOUNG LIONS CUP X ~ THE LAST FOUR!
    Saturyne vs. "The Bees Knees" Johnny Gargano

YOUNG LIONS CUP X ~ THE LAST FOUR!
    Green Ant vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin

TRIOS MATCH!
    The Swarm vs. Ayako Hamada, Sara Del Rey and UltraMantis Black

WITH POINTS IN PLAY!
    Ophidian and Tim Donst vs. Archibald Peck and Colt Cabana

SINGLES MATCH!
    "The Kentucky Gentleman" Chuck Taylor vs. Gran Akuma

SINGLES MATCH!
    "The Loutish Lumberjack" Grizzly Redwood vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti

--
    --

FOR THE GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP OF CHIKARA!
    "The War King" Eddie Kingston (c) vs. Jigsaw

YOUNG LIONS CUP X ~ THE FINAL!

? ? ? ? ? vs. ? ? ? ? ?

FOR THE CAMPEONATOS DE PAREJAS!
    F.I.S.T. (c) vs. Sara Del Rey and Ayako Hamada

ATOMICO INCREDIBLE!!
    The Shard and The Swarm vs. The Spectral Envoy and "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush

A SPECIAL ATTRACTION!
    Colt Cabana vs. Tim Donst

SINGLES MATCH!
    "CHIKARA's Chief Lieutenant!" Soldier Ant vs. "The Deadly, Demonic Warmonger" Obariyon

A SIX-MAN FRENZY!

"The Winged Ring Warrior" Icarus vs. Gran Akuma vs. Fire Ant vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti vs. Archibald Peck vs. Ophidian

Predictions and comments on said matches/storylines welcomed. Shows will be up in a couple of days.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cards for both Shoot a Crooked Arrow and Ring of Wax may have been confirmed, but that isn’t the end of the news agenda. Oh no! We have one more piece of news to give you as we count down the hours to this coming weekend.

As you know, this weekend marks the final stop on the road to Reading and the 2012 King of Trios. The Batiri and The Extreme Trio has already been confirmed for the event, but there are still fourteen spots available … UNTIL NOW!

The Board has convened, gained the applications and is delighted to reveal to you, the CHIKARMY, the 3rd and 4th entrants into the annual speculator that is the King of Trios!

AND

The Colony and The Swarm, the Good and Evil opposites have the potential to collide as they have both been entered in the 2012 King of Trios, joining The Batiri and The Extreme Trio within four matches of history!

Stay tuned because more announcements concerning King of Trios will be made this coming weekend during both events, as well as in the weeks following, leading up to our favourite weekend of the year.

King of Trios ’12 is nearly upon us and we can promise you, it’s going to be a wild ride!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIVE FROM MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN!

Shoot a Crooked Arrow starts off in the most sinister of ways as, out from the crowd, as usual, comes the disruptive trio of assailANT, deviANT and combatANT of The Swarm! Having been denied the weekend off and forced to compete, the three trudge their way into the squared circle and as they circle the ring, they look out on the crowd who jeer and try to get into their head as chants of “… COLONY … COLONY … COLONY …” resonates around the building.

The trio are confronted by the three chosen protectors/competitors on this night, a strange three-way if ever you’ll see one. First of all, the tandem gunning for gold tomorrow night against F.I.S.T, Ayako Hamada and Sara Del Rey, and then, the ultra-nefarious leader of the dark army and the Spectral Envoy, the one and only UltraMantis Black!

The three head to the ring, joined together by the common good of defending CHIKARA and sending The Swarm packing with yet another defeat. All six of the athletes stop and stare as Jon Barber gets in the middle of them, a both exciting and enthralling start to the night’s proceedings.

It doesn’t take long for things to kick into high gear as The Swarm attack from the outset, driving Black, Hamada and Del Rey into their corner. Barber tries to intervene but is shoved aside as assailANT; deviANT and combatANT throw a flurry of punches and kicks at TEAM Chikara before throwing each one of them out of the ring.

Following them outside, The Swarm continue the assault, using the steps and the guardrail as weapons. deviANT and combatANT especially focus on the two women, keen to avenge last month’s tag team loss. Black meanwhile has his hands full with assailANT, the Assailant in Chief of The Swarm using chops to light Black up before throwing him back into the ring and following him back, the match soon restoring order as the other four combatants start to recede back to their respective corners after a couple more minutes of battle.

The match getting into something of a pattern, the minutes pass and a controlled chaos resumes, the match never really able to settle into a sustained rhythm as, several times throughout, all competitors enter the ring with all hell breaking loose, Barber having his hands full in restoring order on many, many occasions.

Things start to get even more out of hand after the dastardly and demonic Kobald makes an appearance in the crowd. This catches the eye of UltraMantis who leaves the apron and chases Kobald around the building as the goblin cackles loudly.

This leaves Del Rey and Hamada at a distinct disadvantage as The Swarm literally start to swarm around the two, attacking them from all (well, three) angles. The fact they are strong and skilled doesn’t matter in this sort of situation as The Swarm start to lay into them with hard boots to the chest.

Barber is bemused and starts to count to five, stopping every second to shout at The Swarm to relent. They don’t. They continue to lay into Del Rey and Hamada, so much so that as the count reaches five, Barber is forced to call for the bell! The bell continues to ring, but they STILL don’t relent, not even when it is announced that The Swarm have been disqualified for excessive force and refused to heed the instructions of a senior official …

Meanwhile, Kobald rolls into the ring and crawls under the legs of The Swarm and back out the ring and back behind the curtain … Black meanwhile gets to his feet and realizes he now faces down The Swarm, who stop their merciless attack on Hamada and Del Rey to face off with the Evil Dogooder …

Black stands like a statue, intent to defend himself, but before The Swarm can attack him in the same devastating and relentless fashion they did his partner, Black is backed as Hallowicked and Frightmare, his Dark Army, rush out to the ring, stopping The Swarm just in the nick of time!

The Envoy stand as one, ready to defend themselves and CHIKARA but just as a fight seems to be brewing, The Swarm show the other sides to their characters, looking at eachother and deciding this is one fight they don’t need to pick, slowly backing away and leaving the ring, backing away through the crowd without a seconds thought of combating The Envoy fair and square, man on man …

The Envoy move to the nearest ropes, continuing to stare at assailANT, deviANT and combatANT as they make their way out through the fire exit, but as they do, they stop, courtesy of a shout from Black, who then delivers a menacing warning;

“Swarm, don’t go just yet, because I have a little warning for you; do not waver from your task and do not leave, not when it is so much fun. You go and inform 17 and The Shard that on this night, it’s not Mike Quackenbush and Eddie Kingston they should be worried about, it’s these two figures you see standing beside me because they’re ready … they’re focused and they see GEKIDO as a threat that needs extinguishing and they will fight alongside The Colony, not just as opponents, but as partners. Tonight GEKIDO, you get what’s coming to you. I promise you, it won’t be a successful night and you WILL NOT succeed and CHIKARA WILL NOT fail in the face of your threats … … we’ll see you tomorrow night …”
    Black, Hallowicked and Frightmare stand tall as one collective, cohesive and ultra-determined unit as two more big battles await; one later in the night and then one tomorrow night when they would combat GEKIDO alongside the one and only Mike Quackenbush.
    Entering next to a chorus of boos is “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti! Leading the luscious Veronica Ticklefeather to the ring, Angelosetti snaps at her to take a place at ringside and quote “stay there and do your job”. Touchdown then enters the ring and kneels in the corner, shouting to himself before taking off his helmet and throwing it out to Veronica, stomping around the ring and looking to continue the forward momentum he started to build last month.

Touchdown is soon joined by CHIKARA’s Loutish Lumberjack, Grizzly Redwood! Redwood provides the comedy of the evening, flexing his muscles at Veronica who, to say the least, doesn’t seem impressed. Sniping “It’s your loss babes!”, Redwood enters the ring and doesn’t look fazed as he goes face to knee with Touchdown. Smirking, Touchdown shrugs his shoulders and seems non-plussed about any sort of challenge Redwood may pose.

The bell rings and Redwood surprises Touchdown by going on the attack right from the bell, punches raining down (…or rather, up), Redwood using his feet to strike the knees of Touchdown. Touchdown flails his arms but misses as Redwood uses his agility and center of gravity to evade capture.

However, this doesn’t work for the entire duration of the match. Indeed, as seen before in his CHIKARA career, Redwood becomes flustered when he senses Veronica is providing a distraction. Coupled with his inability to put Touchdown away and gain overall control, Redwood nearly loses his mind as he races around the ring after Veronica. She rolls into the ring and near Touchdown. Redwood stops and scoffs, before Touchdown THROWS Veronica into Redwood!

Redwood grabs her but this allows Touchdown to pounce, the head jock of the CHIKARMY striking Redwood down low! He then shoves Veronica aside before running the ropes and launching Redwood into the corner of the ring with a brutal running shoulder tackle! Touchdown places one foot on Redwood, the most arrogant cover you’ll ever likely see in CHIKARA, but it being effective, the count of three following, giving Angelosetti the win.

As the bell rings, Angelosetti does a star jump in celebration before he kicks the ropes and screams in delight. A wide smile breaking out across his weasly face, “Mr. Touchdown” looks down at Veronica, still kneeling on the ringmat having been shoved aside by her boss, the jock not caring one inch, simply walking past her to the corner of the ring and posing, flexing his muscles, much to the chagrin of the natives.

Veronica meanwhile doesn’t look back at him, simply staring ahead, her spirit seeming broken as she drops her head and gingerly makes her way to her feet, making her own way out of the ring …
    F.I.S.T. appears next as Chuck Taylor appears, but he isn’t alone. Indeed, despite the arguments they had last month, as well as through successive blogs posted on chikarapro.com, “The Winged Ring Warrior” Icarus is alongside his long-term partner, the badly tattooed third of F.I.S.T. making it clear that his allegiances lay with the World’s Most Dangerous Trio …

As the two wait in the ring, it’s reunion time as the former 3rd man in F.I.S.T, the man they kicked out and have battled for most of this season, makes his way to the ring, the recently-returned “Mystical Warrior from Afar” … Gran Akuma! Slapping hands with the fans, Akuma jumps to the ring apron, his expression soon changing as he stares down his one-time partners, now enemies.

Entering the ring, Akuma snarls as Icarus nearly loses his cool, remembering back to the loss he suffered at Chikarasauras Rex to Akuma. Taylor though tells him to back off, defiantly stating “I’ve got this”, Icarus nodding his head before taking his leave from the ring, but not before giving a stark warning to Akuma, his thirst for revenge obviously going a lot further and deeper than simply seeing Taylor defeat Akuma on this night.

Right from the outset and with a point to prove, Taylor gained an advantage over a slight distraction from Icarus to attack his former partner and take control early on, his usual fun, free-flowing style replaced by the arrogance of a two-time tag team champion, his hard strikes pinning Akuma at the ropes, not allowing him to get free, the defeat he suffered to Akuma months ago spurring Taylor on.

However, the match’s momentum changed when Taylor and Akuma fought to the outside, Icarus contriving to knock Taylor over when attempting to hit Akuma. Forcing an argument between the pair, the distraction allowed Akuma to hit a Plancha dive to the outside of the ring before bringing Taylor back in, punishing him with the hard strikes and devastating offense he’s renowned for.

Taylor struggles to regain initiative as the reborn Akuma continues to show the improvement in his all-around ring work, pulling Taylor to all corners of the ring. The procedure is not pretty at most times, but it’s effective, not even the attempts of Icarus to get involved being successful, Akuma clearly seen to be telling Icarus that like Chikarasauras Rex, he’ll put him through a table if he dares get involved.

However, that didn’t stop Icarus. Indeed, another attempted distraction led to a war ensuing between him and Akuma, with Taylor involved as he is struck down whilst trying to get at Akuma himself and dispose of Icarus from the ring himself. The referee is unable to control either of the three men and Gavin announces that the match has been thrown out!

The crowd jeers as Akuma tries to battle Icarus, but as he does, he is struck from behind by the incoming Swamp Monster! The gory mythical legend runs around the ring waving his arms before laying into Akuma! Icarus and Taylor both recover from the beating but are both confused by recent events. Icarus seems perturbed at Swampy’s arrival, despite him saving the Winged Ring Warrior, whilst Taylor is clearly annoyed at Icarus’ involvement costing him the chance of a win …

Both Taylor and Icarus exchange (less than) pleasantries as The Swamp Monster stops the assault. Taylor brushes off the hundred-tattooed wonder before leading Swampy from the ring. Icarus shouts “what are you doing?!” as Taylor leaves him high and dry and after standing for a while, and seeing Akuma start to recover with the help of the ropes, Icarus bails from the ring himself, leaving a severely peeved Akuma seething inside the ring, even heard shouting “YOU’RE DEAD!” as Icarus scoffs before exiting backstage …
    Next up, points are in play and it’s the continued uneasy alliance between the two lost souls of Ophidian and Tim Donst as they go into combat with another new tandem, making their debut together just a year after having first fought against eachother, Archibald Peck and Colt Cabana!

Ophidian and Donst aren’t in the mood to mess around however, viciously attacking the newly assembled duo straight from the bell. Their intent to hurt and/or mame clear, Peck and Cabana are beaten around and inside the ring as the senior official struggles to get them to let up in their assault. Eventually, after he threatens to throw the match out for excessive force, just like the one prior, Donst and Ophidian try and clear their minds as they back down from the onslaught.

Donst especially however seems to be struggling, rubbing his chin and then his now hairless cranium, clearly troubled by the taunts of the crowd. Ophidian takes on the mantle of the focused, desired individual, bailing Donst out and tagging himself into the match just when it seems Donst is about to get carried away and get the match thrown out.

The Jekyll and Hyde nature of Ophidian and Donst’s character ensures a chance for Peck and Cabana to start and weave their way back into the contest. After being subjected to a brutal attack at the start of the match, the will to win burns bright within the newly formed duo as they battle their way back, paying particular attention to Ophidian. Ensuring he can’t get back to his corner and tag in Donst, the increasingly irate former College champion is literally hopping mad as he attempts to force his way into the match, sometimes illegally, only to be stopped, either by the referee, or by either Peck and Cabana themselves.

Things start to break down as Donst finally enters the ring. Trying to bright the fight, Donst is taken out with the Flying Bum by Cabana before being thrown over the ropes to the outside. Cabana and Peck double team Ophidian, who tries, in vain, to battle back. It’s only with the help o the referee that he manages to use him as a shield before escaping.

Peck and Cabana both look on, and that’s when Donst slides back into the ring behind them! Donst is ready and waiting, but as he goes to hit them from behind, they turn around and confront him! Donst smirks before pleading innocence, but that doesn’t work as Peck lays him out with a closed right fist! Donst’s eyes roll to the back of his head as peck hands over to Cabana who locks the legs and turns him over for the Billy Goat’s Curse!

Donst is knocked out and unable to respond, and as Ophidian is taken out by Peck with yet another clenched fist, the referee declares the match over! Donst is unable to respond, giving Archibald Peck and Colt Cabana a point toward possible title contention!

The sight of Ophidian and Tim Donst down and out just adds to the celebration of Cabana and Peck. The unusual and unplanned duo look at eachother and share a nod of respect as Peck marches around the ring, Marchin’ Archie back in form and ready to put the trials and tribulations of the past several months behind him!

Donst and Cabana meanwhile, it was YET ANOTHER unsuccessful attempt at tag team wrestling, their second in two months. It was also yet another disappointment for the two most out of form competitors CHIKARA has to offer.

Wink Vavasseur’s idea of pairing them together to try and strike them into form hadn’t just worked, it had backfired. In fairness, Wink’s not had a stellar run as Director of Fun, has he? Whatever the situation, whoever is to blame, it was clear that the road to redemption, form and rebirth for these two lost souls would not just be a long road, but one full of obstacles that they may find hard to overcome …
    Our esteemed DOF appeared next as Bryce Remsburg announced the following two matches to be the Semi Finals of Young Lions Cup X!

Wink Vavasseur
    made his way to ringside with the golden trophy in his possession. He sat it down on a clothed table as he sat alongside it, keen to take in the action. The recently concussed Tim Donst was still making his way around ringside, and as he reached the table, he looked across, his reflection clear in the glistening silver of the precious trophy, one he had once won, but which had ultimately helped lead to his 2012 downfall.

Rubbing his head, shaking away the cobwebs and pointing at the trophy, Donst fell to his knees as he shook his head and shouted “NO!” continuously. Worried, Wink instructed his burly security guards to take Donst away, and they did. Grabbing an arm each, Donst was led away from the scene, clearly be seen asking himself “What’s happening to me?!” as he disappears behind the curtain, not just 2012, but his career in tatters.
    An intermission is then taken, in which Mike Quackenbush appears to take photos with the fans and gives a brief shoutout to Jigsaw, wishing him luck for his Grand Championship challenge tomorrow night in Indiana, but says the most important thing is not who wins, but that a showdown for the ages rocks the place and proves why CHIKARA is the greatest company in the world and GEKIDO will never tear it apart, however much they try.
    It was time to look to the future, and so we did with the first Semi Final of the 2012 Young Lions Cup, the first entrant being the newest rookie to CHIKARA’s esteemed roster, one beautiful “Intergalactic Luchadore” Saturyne! Saturyne runs to the ring and as she looks at the gold, it seems to be burning itself into her retina as she nods her head, a look of intense focus prevalent as she jumps on the spot.

“The Bees Knees” Johnny Gargano is the opponent and as he makes his way out, it doesn’t seem like The Whole Shebang is too bothered by his opposition. Smiling and playing to the crowd, Gargano seems entirely cool, calm and collected as he enters the ring. Mockingly blowing a kiss to Saturyne, he heads to the corner of the ring, leaning into the turnbuckles, cranking his head from side to side.

Remsburg feels all is well and calls for the bell, starting the match. Saturyne immediately sets out to prove she isn’t to be underestimated, rocking Gargano from the offset with hard kicks, pressing Gargano to the outside. Saturyne chases him around the ring, until Gargano rolls in and tries to take this advantage. Saturyne though runs the ropes before ducking an attempted clothesline by Gargano, turning him around and flooring him with a dropkick!

Clearly flustered, Gargano rolls to the outside and kicks the steps, the attack he’s facing having apparently caught him by surprise. Sliding back in, Gargano offers a test of strength and it’s here that the real contest begins, a back-and-forth encounter which takes Gargano a while to become accustomed too, Saturyne showing that not only is she no pushover, she’s also more than a rookie, matching up with one of CHIKARA’s most skilled ring warriors.

But, as the match quickens in its tempo and lengthens in time, Gargano starts to take some semblance of control, his much greater experience starting to tell as he capitalizes on Saturyne’s grand attempt at a high crossbody from the top rope, knocking her down hard to the mat. Her back slamming into the unforgiving mat, Gargano starts to go to work, hard and fast boots being driven into her spine, Gargano’s lack of compassion a clear director of the change in his demeanor from when he first out of the curtain for the match.

Gargano continues the onslaught, his focus and desire now helping remove any thoughts of an easy night from his mind. Exploiting the inexperience and lack of honed ring skill of the woman he opposes, Gargano switches between flight mode and a more defined technical prowess on the mat, wearing down Saturyne’s base, preventing her from carrying out the high-flying maneuvers she’s become accustomed to since her debut.

Gargano steps up the pace as he shoves Saturyne into the corner. Unable to escape, she’s at Gargano’s beckoning. Indeed, after a couple of knifedge chops, the normal Gargano antics become prevalent as he mockingly goes to kiss Saturyne on the cheek … only to get a slap right across the chops! Gargano is rocked and Saturyne takes her chance, rolling Gargano up, his shoulders pinned to the ring mat … and she gets the count of three! Saturyne continues her incredible rise by reaching the final of Young Lions Cup X!

Saturyne has just defeated one half of the Campeonatos de Parejas and the Milwaukee natives can’t believe it, but neither can she! The Intergalactic Luchadore falls back to the ropes as she adjusts her mask, her shocked expression giving way to one of pure joy as she bounces up and down, overjoyed with an epic victory against one of CHIKARA’s very best!

Gargano though is on his knees and can’t believe what’s happened! Tearing at his hair, Gargano gets to his feet and knocks Saturyne down from behind! After clubbing her right behind the neck, Gargano lays into her with strong boots, pummeling her like she was nothing but a training dummy!

BUT, as the assault threatens to get out of hand, salvation arrives in the form of Sara Del Rey and Ayako Hamada! The championship contenders slide into the ring and immediately take it to Gargano with hard rights and lefts! Gargano is forced back into the ropes, but before Hamada and Del Rey can perform one last parting shot, Gargano drops to his back and rolls out of the ring and indeed, out of dodge!

Grabbing his championship belt, Gargano makes his way toward the curtain, where he is joined by Chuck Taylor. Taylor pats Gargano on the shoulder, The Bees Knees pointing and literally boiling over with anger following a surprise, and devastating loss.

Hamada and Del Rey motion they are coming for golden glory tomorrow night, but for now, the focus is on Saturyne. She gets raised to her feet by her two female companions and is lifted into the air by them, rubbing it in even further. Gargano is calmed down by Taylor, the two eventually leaving, but the celebrations continue for Saturyne as she poses to the crowd with Hamada and Del Rey hoping it would be they celebrating come the conclusion of the grand Campeonatos de Parejas showdown in Indianapolis …
    There was no let up in the fast and furious action, however, as it was time to find out who would join Saturyne in tomorrow night’s finale of the Young Lions Cup.

First to make his way to the ring, in only his third CHIKARA match, all under the Young Lions Cup banner, was the man who had managed a breakout 2012 to this point, “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin! The intense big man from Canada ploughed his way to the ring, the mat shaking from his pounding steps as he marches around the ring like a man possessed.

A far more familiar face appeared next, a man who had become an elite CHIKARA athlete in his few years on the roster, CHIKARA’s former Resilient Rookie, turned Green Wrestling Machine … Green Ant! The masked submission machine runs to the ring, the firm fan favourite showing he’s more than up for the challenge.

However the size difference is clear, not in terms of height, but weight. It’s apparent for all to see that Elgin would enjoy the superior strength and dominant hold and Green Ant seemed to know this as he encircled Elgin, looking him up and down, at first showing severe signs of being nervous and unsure of what way to try and attack the defences of the Canadian.

A test of strength from the outset sees Elgin try to take control, only for Green Ant to use his almost unrivaled ring awareness to wrap his leg around the knee of Elgin, sliding out and behind him before knocking him to his stomach. Green Ant attempts a Figure Four, but Elgin grabs the ropes, kicking out at Green Ant before getting to his feet. Running like a freight train, Green Ant is knocked into next week by Elgin who shoves him so violently, he ends up on the other side of the ring! Green Ant, holding his back momentarily, resumes his footing as Elgin stands and stares before smirking, feeling he has an immediate mental edge with just that one shove in the chest.

This sort of spell of action continues. Green Ant makes a plan of action, involving trying to work on the base of Elgin, targeting the legs with hard, heavy strikes, trying to bring him down to one, or both knees. A leg lock is utilized and going back to it constantly, eventually, even though he manages to get out of the hold at various intervals, it starts to have an effect. Trying to catch Green Ant flying from the top rope, Green Ant lands on the shoulders of the big man, but Elgin’s ever weakening knee capitulates on him, forcing Elgin to the mat, his shoulders pinned, though the pinfall is only counted for a one by the referee.

Elgin’s power becomes even more important and prominent now as he battles against a weakened base and a quick, yet skilled submission machine. Green Ant continues the assault by targeting the legs at all junctures needed, Elgin forced to use his broad shoulders to try and bat away the continued attacks. Indeed, it works, Green Ant unable to quite get that one defining attack to effectively weaken Elgin’s defences in what could be construed a critical manner.

After failing to lock in the Chikara Special: Green, the usually reliably calm Green Ant becomes increasingly frustrated, leading to a none-too-informed trip to the ring apron. Launching himself back in, Green Ant looks for a crossbody, only to be caught and then thrown across the ring with a Fall Away Slam! The ring shakes, its foundations damn near buckling from the sheer impact! Green Ant slides across the ring to one corner, holding his back as he falls backwards in said corner, but the only sight he has is of an incoming Elgin who slams him so hard with his knee, The Colony’s Resilient Rookie’s head bounces violently off of the turnbuckle!

Elgin finds a second wind, refusing to let his mind, like his legs, buckle. His broad forearms shatter the back of Green Ant as he’s tossed around the ring like a rag doll. It’s as Elgin attempts his famed Spinning Powerbomb that things start to get fast, ferocious and dangerous.

Spinning around, Elgin finds his legs are not strong enough, Green Ant ratting off some head shots, rocking Elgin, the Canadian roaring back into the corner of the ring. Green Ant landed on the top turnbuckle, gaining a ready stance as he hopped off the shoulders of Elgin, the big man turning around, still dazed, and he couldn’t do a thing as Green Ant flew through the air like a missile, delivering a perfect flying crossbody! Elgin’s shoulders were pinned, but he powered out at two, throwing Green Ant across the ring!

The youngster wasn’t to be deterred though, throwing some big forearm shots, throwing his whole weight into Elgin. However, it didn’t phase the man from North of the border. Falling back only a yard or so at a time, it takes 30 seconds of tough action to pin him to the ropes, but as Green Ant returns fire one last time, Elgin lifts his boot! … but Green Ant ducks! Sliding under the ropes, he catches the feet of Elgin! Elgin tries to clasp for leverage of something, but can’t and he’s dragged to his destiny, that being the ring pole, Green Ant showing the rather un-famed ruthless streak, throwing Elgin’s right leg into the unforgiving steel, not once, not twice, but three emotionless times!

Roaring with emotion, the war cry belts out around the building as he returns inside the ring, pulling Elgin to the middle. Smiling, Green Ant hooks an arm and a leg and it’s clear what is on his mind and indeed, he hooks Elgin up into the Chikara Special: Green! The inverted Chikara Special is locked in and after providing massive pressure to Elgin, the formerly Unbreakable one is forced to tap out! Green Ant advances to meet Saturyne in the finals of Young Lions Cup X tomorrow night!

The crowd’s delight is evident as they erupt into applause for the sheer effort, let alone the victory created. Returning to his feet, Green Ant rocks back into the ropes, holding his back briefly before mockingly indicated a snap gesture with his hands, showing that on this night, Michael Elgin was indeed breakable.

Meanwhile, as Elgin resorts to licking his wounds on the outside of the ring and Green Ant leaves and does a lap of said ring, he’s confronted by the woman he would meet in under 24 hours for the right to be Young Lions Cup Champion, Saturyne!

A former Rookie against the newest Rookie come face to face and share a nod of respect before shaking the hand of one another, but Green Ant is the first to break the hold before visibly seen promising Saturyne through strong words and actions that he won’t be going easy on here tomorrow night. “I wouldn’t want it any other way” retorts Saturyne as she smirks before backing off and leaving Green Ant to revel in the spotlight.

Green Ant does so, but as he walks past the desk on which the glistening Young Lions Cup sits, he shares a stare at it and nods his head, a clear confidence and intent that tomorrow night, to all intense and purposes would be the single greatest night of his CHIKARA career to date.

Tomorrow night, destiny awaited and history stood ready to be written for two of CHIKARA’s young guns.
    After the battle of the young, it was time for the war of the relatively older as wars were fought and scores were settled, or at least, that was the plan. It was time for points to be in play as two of CHIKARA’s premier duos fought to make their way onto, or op the rankings, but it would be disaster for three and delight for just one once the match reached its conclusion.

The Batiri were first to appear, Kodama and Obariyon accompanied to the ring by that devious goblin Kobald. Stalking like the terrors they are, the spell of Delirious cast upon them at Chikarasauras Rex had only made them more unsettling to be around, if that was even possible.

Next out were Fire Ant and Soldier Ant of The Colony. Two men who had seen it all and done it all weren’t deterred by what they may encounter on this night as they enthusiastically played to the audience.

The Spectral Envoy and its dark presence was soon felt as Hallowicked and Frightmare made their way out toward the ring, but without the presence of UltraMantis Black. Their attentions were clearly caught by The Batiri as Kobald tried to target them before they hit the ring, only to be ran off by the two masked warriors.

And then, the last duo, the most hated of them all. It was GEKIDO’s “finest”, if there was such a word. It was 17 and The Shard, as usual, making their way through a backdoor and out of the audience like a pair of criminals in the night.

The two were hesitant to enter a ring with two tandems keen to knock them sideways and as such, they gingerly made their way to the ring apron, not entering the ring, instead surveying the scene, but with The Colony interested as any other, the chance to get their hands on The Swarm not available, but the next best thing certainly was.

As you’d expect, chaos reigns from the start. Whilst The Colony and GEKIDO fight inside the ring, within the rules, The Envoy and The Batiri provide a hellish overtone to proceedings as they fight all over the floor, into the seats containing the fans and even spill out of a fire door and out into the street! It takes a good couple of minutes for them to return inside and takes various officials to split them up and return them to their opposing ring aprons, threatening a count out of both teams if they didn’t return. Kobald though continues to rile Frightmare and Hallowicked, trying to get into their heads and provide the distraction for the majority of the contest.

Back inside the confines of the four sided battleground, Soldier Ant and 17 battle against eachother. Soldier nearly gains an early victory but just fails to hook him up to the Chikara Special. This in itself infuriates 17, it being a maneuver so closely associated with Mike Quackenbush. This lands to a furious onslaught in which 17 takes control of Soldier, using his extreme levels of mat skills to keep Soldier grounded. Tagging out to The Shard and continuing a fast flurry of tags, keeping the other man fresh, Soldier is unable to escape, his only rest bite coming when, surprising, Hallowicked tags himself into the contest to face up to the threat that GEKIDO continues to pose.

Utilizing his height and strength, Hallowicked threatens to overpower Shard. But as the small and nimble polar opposite of Jigsaw ducks and dives away from the potential impacts of ‘wicked’s strikes, he jumps to the corner, any corner, and it just so happens that he tags in Kodama! Kodama jumps over the ropes, only to be leveled with a Running Big Boot! Kodama goes flying out of the ring, and as per Lucha rules, Obariyon is able to enter and strike Hallowicked from behind! A momentarily lapse of concentration provides The Batiri with the chance to strike, and from there, a spell of dominance for the demons, cheered on by Kobald, begins.

However, this is when everything breaks down. The war has barely begun before everything breaks down, beyond belief. Kobald’s repeated interferences hadn’t worked to any degree, until this moment, in which Kobald bit the neck of Frightmare, allowing Obariyon and Kodama to double team him, and with Kobald pulling the leg of Hallowicked, Kodama managed to hit a Flying Blockbuster on the youngest member of The Envoy before securing the pinfall, eliminating The Spectral Envoy from the match!

Hallowicked is knocked to the floor and as he is, Frightmare is thrown out of the ring two by Kodama and Obariyon! Kobald cackles as he emerges on the scene, throwing boots into both men as he dances around them like wild! This all adds insult to the injury, but just as all hope seems lost after a defeat and now a bruising assault, savior is on the horizon as UltraMantis Black makes his arrival!

Black dives onto Kobald before throwing him into the chairs next to them, which have since been vacated by the fans as the battle begun. Kodama and Obariyon look on, but they are soon caught out as 17 and Shard enter the ring! They stalk The Batiri, keen to inflict yet more pain on CHIKARA roster members, but they are thwarted as they turn around 180 degrees, only to see Soldier Ant throwing Fire Ant over the ropes and onto them!

17 and The Shard roll away from the scene of the crime as The Batiri become aware of the commotion, they turn but are powerless to resist as a wall of hurt comes their way! Strong punches and kicks to the two men before Kodama is targeted especially … saluting forearm from Soldier Ant onto Kodama! … Fire Ant … standing Moonsault to Kodama! He dives out of the ring and onto the brawling members of The Batiri and The Envoy at ringside before Soldier Ant pulls all of the components together and locks Obariyon in the Chikara Special!! Obariyon screams and squelches before being forced to tap out! The Envoy had got their grand revenge … The Batiri had been eliminated too!

Things go from bad, to war, to chaos at ringside as the battle continues, but it’s about to heat up as Delirious enters the fray! It’s now 3 on 2 as Delirious nails Black with some sort of object concealed within his hands! The Colony and even 17 and The Shard, just recovering from the crossbody, can do nothing but look on as even Kodama, now recovered, joins in to make it 3 on 3! Chaos is raging in Milwaukee and is now totally out of control, as the floor resembles something out of a multi-million dollar action film!

The battle nears the curtain as Obariyon hobbles from the ring toward the fight, only to get dealt with a kick to the groin by Hallowicked! Frightmare then kips up onto the shoulders of Obariyon, hitting him with a Hurricanrana! Hallowicked and Frightmare being more interested in Obariyon however gives Delirious, Kobald and Kodama the chance to use the numbers game and the distraction to start really laying into The Envoy, Black, Hallowicked and Frightmare all tossed into the brick walls at the side of the building!

It’s escalating ever more as all men continue to fight to the back. The one person who remains however, it’s Delirious. The maniacal masked menace stands as he pulls on his beard and the tassels hanging from his mask. He tilts his head and looks from side to side before constantly shouting “BAH! BAH! BAH! BAH”, the familiar chant which had blighted his life when under the spell of the Eye of Tyr as part of the Brüderschaft. Delirious continues the war cry to himself as he turns and trudges behind the curtain and to the back!

… and breath!

Things don’t exactly calm to a serene pace though, 17 and The Shard aren’t ready to just accept their fate, clubbing The Colony in the back of the neck in revenge for the attack just seconds earlier. Turning around, Soldier and Fire Ant, as well as the Invaders themselves realize what a massive opportunity this is, the winners will get to 2 points, the opportunity for championship gold so close, if not exactly precious where the members of GEKIDO are concerned.

As per rules for 4 team action, it becomes a free for all, no tags needed under tornado tag team rules. That means, and it turns out this way, that all four start to go head to head, 17 with Fire Ant, Shard with Soldier Ant. There are size differences between both, and that becomes a cause for concern for the smaller men in each individual battle, Fire Ant and The Shard. Indeed, both men are tossed to the side, and as Shard tries to get up, Fire Ant trips him onto the ropes before wrapping his knee across his back! 17 tries to clobber him but Soldier Ant throws him into the corner of the ring, running in with a big clothesline!

Shard gets off of the ropes, dragging Fire Ant across the ring to the corner, but Soldier isn’t ready to let his partner take punishment and drags Shard away. Putting him onto his shoulders, Soldier looks in control, but Shard slides off of his shoulders and behind him, pushing Soldier so that he almost collides with Fire Ant! He stops just in time though, but Shard runs, only for The Colony to duck, the small pocket dynamo hitting the turnbuckle headfirst! It’s then time for Ants Go Marching as Fire and Soldier dropkick Shard in the corner of the ring! The two get to their feet, but Fire Ant is a bit too enthusiastic and as he plays to the crowd, he takes his eyes off 17 who takes the chance to kick Soldier Ant in the kidney area before throwing him arm first into the turnbuckle in the corner!

Fire Ant turns around and nearly gets the same punishment, though manages to duck and roll. He gets to his feet, having a brief glimpse at Soldier; he turns his head, only to see 17 walking toward him, a smirk on his face. Fire Ant kneels closer to the mat as he circles 17, or rather, 17 circles him. Like a shark feasting on his prey, 17 seems impossible to resist as the smaller Fire Ant struggles to find an escape. 17 eventually reaches and grabs Fire Ant, but the smallest member of The Col0ony escapes out and behind, he holds onto the waist of 17 before managing to nail the Beach Break (Back-to-Belly Suplex)! He makes the cover … 1 … 2 .. THE SHARD WITH THE LAST-DITCH INTERCEPTION!

The Shard launches a furious flurry of boots into Fire Ant’s head, and one last vicious one into his throat! Fire Ant writhes in pain as Shard tosses him into the corner, Fire Ant barreling back first! Soldier Ant is there though and saves him just in time as he drags him from the ring by his ankles as The Shard stalked him!

Soldier Ant slides back in himself but now favoring the right arm that just had a meeting with a solid bit of steel, The Shard senses the chance. Breathing heavily, Shard approaches, but as he does, 17 is to his feet behind him. Shard turns to check on him as both men stop. 17 holds his stomach as he reaches out to The Shard. He pats him on the shoulder and shakes his head.

Soldier stands and questions what is going on before he decides to take advantage, a spinning heel kick taking The Shard out! The Shard is now gone, but as Soldier Ant rolls and gets to his feet, 17 drives his boot right into the right arm of Soldier! Soldier drops down and rolls in agony as he holds his left arm, almost a plea of mercy little seen from CHIKARA’s chief lieutenant. 17 shakes away the cobwebs before his lip curls. He kneels down on one knee and shakes his head, in disappointment, before taking the right arm of Soldier, lifting it up, and then smashing it into his knee! Not once, but twice, now three times!

Soldier pulls on the socket connecting the arm to the shoulder before wrapping Soldier up into his own, and CHIKARA’s own Chikara Special!

The crowd rises as one, they try to spur Soldier on, but they have only seconds until disappointment sets in, The Colony’s founding member lasts mere seconds before the pain becomes way too much and he’s forced to tap out! 17 and The Shard win one of the most devastating, vicious and war-torn Chikara wars you will ever see! … but more than that, the devastating duo have two points toward title contention and the nightmare scenario of the Invaders holding the precious gold of the thing GEKIDO hates most.

He bell rings, signalling what could one day turn out to be a defining night in GEKIDO’s history, and indeed CHIKARA’s too. 17 gains his footing and reaches down to Shard, pulling him up to his feet before slapping him on the chest and nodding his head. He raises Shard’s hand as the senior official shakes his head in disgust before leaving the ring.

Smirking, 17 seems to be getting an idea as he looks down at Soldier Ant, still down and out. He instructs Shard to go and collect Fire Ant from the outside, which he does, rolling him back into the ring. 17 and The Shard stand over two of their most prominent rivals, bad intentions clearly etched in their minds, but before they can exact a further measure of physical and mental warfare on some of CHIKARA’s finest, salvation arrives in the form of “The War King” Eddie Kingston and a returning Jigsaw!

The audience roars as Kingston drops his title, the two men sliding into the ring as 17 and The Shard, having inflicted such damage, quite happy to bail out and live to fight another day. The hit and run tactics they’d been so notorious for had continued, with interest, and they sure were delighted.

Kingston kicks at the ropes as he holds back Jigsaw who seems even more keen on following 17 and Shard through the crowd to avenge his injury. Jigsaw points at his right knee before nodding his head and shouting “I’M BACK!”, bringing cheers from the Wisconsin natives.

However, as The Colony recover and Kingston and Jigsaw look at eachother, remembering what is to come tomorrow night when they do battle for the Grand Championship of CHIKARA, a shocking occasion evolves. With attention on other hands, 17 creeps toward the curtain where he bends down and picks up the Grand Title, which Kingston had dropped when launching a ground assault just moments prior!

17 escapes into the night with The Shard and it’s only a minute later when Kingston queries where his belt is that he gains the thought of what had happened! 17 had stole off with his most prized possession! Coming to terms with the fact his title was in the possession of those prepared to kill CHIKARA Pro from within, Kingston’s head in in his hands as he leans over the ropes. His head bowed for a moment, it rises from its slumber. His eyes bright and wide, his brow dripping with sweat, the look in the eyes of Kingston, his mouth quivering in the process, it all indicates that the Last of a Dying Breed had just had a situation change of epic and dangerous proportions.

The cards had been dealt and now, Eddie Kingston and CHIKARA had to play them.

Tomorrow night, Eddie Kingston would meet his best friend Jigsaw in that man’s first in-ring appearance in two months, for the Grand Championship of CHIKARA, yet that very belt, dedicated to the late and great Larry Sweeney had dissolved into thin air.

The rules had changed and so had the game.

Eddie Kingston is known as The War King, Jigsaw and Mike Quackenbush had referred to the battle between CHIKARA’s finest and GEKIDO being a war.

Now, it really was.

This was war.

Thread Information