Thread: NWA Resurrection

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NWA Resurrection

NWA: RESURRECTION
    Written by WMS, graphics by the heroic Heteroflexible, ravishing RT and superlative Spreutels.

PREFACE
    For almost a decade Steve Austin has been retired from in-ring action. With a burning passion to heavily invest time in wrestling once again, he and a select few of Texan business men buy the rights to the NWA name, titles and likeness with the intention of bringing wrestling back to Texas as well as giving fans an alternative to mainstream products such as WWE. Aided by former ROH, Dragon Gate and EVOLVE writer Gabe Sapolsky, Austin approaches several talents, some of which are nearing the end of their WWE and TNA deals, to kickstart the promotion with the view of hosting it's opening show in June.

APRIL 2012

@OfficialPWI: What's all this twitter talk of Steve Austin starting his own wrestling promotion? Looks at the date... #aprilfoolsguys
    @_Thrilliam Stone Cold running his own wrestling promotion? Must be an April Fool's. #noteveninfanfic
    @carverofshapes This hangover needs to kindly fuck off. The Austin rumours sounds random, but would I be behind it? Hell yeah!
    @brezzyhayter I would definitely support Stone Cold running his own promotion #stayfearless
    @JRsBBQ I've had so many tweets this morning asking me if the whole SCSA thing is an April Fool. Certainly wasn't brought up the last time I talked to Steve...
    @OfficialPWI: Just got off the phone to Steve Austin! He wants us to conduct an interview with him later in the week, said very little else. From the little he did say [..]
    @OfficialPWI: [..] It seems there is an element of truth in all the rumours today. #noaprilfoolpeople
    Last edited by WMS; 09-20-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NWA Resurrection

FOR IMMEDIATE ONLINE PUBLICATION

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "Our twitter feed the past week has been off the charts, and this man alongside me today is responsible for that. Next to me right now is none other than 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin, who requested we do this interview with him today. Steve, I'd like to say thank you from all of us at Pro Wrestling Illustrated for giving us the opportunity to this with you. I can't say enough how cool it is to be able to do this."

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "It's great to be here. Thanks for having me."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "So Steve, we'll skip right to the basics. I'm sure all of our readers will know the backstory to all of this. Last Saturday, a day before WrestleMania in fact, twitter started to blow up with a flurry of rumours that you were in the process of starting your own wrestling promotion. Most people just saw this as a rumour, nothing more than that. Something you see on twitter all the time, but this is where it gets interesting - you get in touch with us here at PWI and say: 'I've got something I want to say and I'd like you guys to be involved', and confirm our tweets authenticity with a retweet. You've been trending every day since. Getting to the thick of it, what is this all about Steve?

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "Well, I'll skip the bullshit. Yeah, it's true - Stone Cold is starting a wrestling promotion. I've actually been in the process of starting a promotion since around this time last year. It's took a lot of time, a lot of effort and patience but I'm excited - we're excited, me and a few of the guys that have helped me back this financially. Without them I wouldn't have been able to do this all properly."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "There's obviously so many questions running around my head right now, but I'll dip my toes carefully rather than jump in. What was the thought process behind starting your own promotion? Is this something to do with Vince and the WWE o-"

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "No, not at all. Not in the slightest. In fact, I want to stress that this promotion is not direct competition to WWE and Vince. It really isn't. Vince has known about this since the start, and it has his complete blessing. He welcomes an alternative and we've had a lot of discussions about it all. He's ribbed me a bit about how I'll start to age within months (laughs) but yeah, he's been fantastic. To answer your question, what was I thinking? Well, long story short as much as I was enjoying relaxing at my ranch, living an easy life and doing bits and pieces with TV and Hollywood and stuff, I was missing it all. Wrestling has been a huge part of my life for such a long time, and since I've retired it's slowly but surely crept out of my life. I miss it, and starting this promotion is just a great way to embrace it again. I'm a wrestling man, and always will be."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "So what you're saying is your promotion will serve purely as an alternative?"

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "That's exactly what it is - an alternative. I've got deals arranged with a lot of guys that you can see on your TV right now with both WWE and TNA. These guys are coming to the end of their deals, and are wanting a fresh challenge. They don't feel they are being utilized to the best of their abilities and I'm going to try and do something about it. I'm giving them a chance to prove themselves, so yes it's very much going to be an alternative to the product you see in WWE and TNA."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "Could you shed some light on what you have planned for your promotion, have you decided upon a name, a location, etc.?"

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "I was expecting you to ask me that a little sooner (laughs). What you need to know is that we've bought the rights to use the prestigious NWA name. National Wrestling Alliance have also gave us the rights for their championship belts, and we should tie up any loose ends such as vacating the titles of their current holders by the time we start up. We think it's quite a coup to be under the NWA banner, and I think it's a perfect fit especially in relation to our targets and what we hope to do. As for location, we're gonna do all our shows from the Texas area, at least for the time being. We'll definitely look at branching out to a wider region after a certain period of time, depending on the response from the general public. Obviously, we hope that to be a good response so I'd like to think we will start holding shows out of the area before the year-end."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "Wow, that's absolutely huge news. TNA is a company that started under the NWA umbrella too, was TNA a promotion that you looked at and tried to take something from?"

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "If someone were to tell me, that this promotion would result in a Bischoff and Hogan takeover down the line, I wouldn't have spent a penny on ensuring this would all go ahead. Hell, I'd probably spend it all on beer just to forget some of the crap those two have done (laughs)."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "(laughs) So I take it you'll be focusing on younger talent unlike TNA?"

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "We'll be focusing on guys that haven't been properly used, guys with talent and no attitude problems. TNA is currently everything I'll be making damn sure we don't end up being like. I've actually been able to convince Gabe Sapolsky, who was a huge part of ROH's success, to quit everything he is doing and come down to Texas and help me with the direction of the company. Paul Heyman told me a lot about Gabe's talent, and I've heard a lot of things from others so I was keen to get in touch with him and see what he was about. Needless to say, I was impressed when we finally got round to meeting. Also, speaking of Paul Heyman he will also have a role to play. Me and him go back a long way, we've been friends since my WCW days, and he owed me a couple of favours so I'm proud to say he's going to be one half of my commentary team. The other half? JR, Jim Ross has agreed to come out of retirement and help us out. I can't tell you enough how delighted I am to have him be a part of this."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "From your commentary team alone, I'm so excited to see what guys you have lined up for this, when can we expect to see more information?"

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "Quite a few things are still in development, such as contracts. We've got a team of expert web developers who are slaving away trying to get our website done. I've seen it so far, and it's only about 60% done but it's looking fantastic. We're hoping to get the site up by the start of May so expect to see more information then. When the site is up and running, we'll reveal the roster and also release information relating to the first show which will be available to view on iPPV. We've just agreed a deal to get our main shows showed on iPPV, we're hoping to have roughly 8 a year on a Friday night. We're also in talks with a few channels to broadcast a weekly hour-and-a-half show that we're looking to broadcast on a Tuesday night. That should be wrapped up soon also."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated: "We're running out of time Steve, it's been fantastic to interview you and hear this awesome news. Is there anything else you'd like to say?"

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin: "Nothing much, just to remind everyone to constantly check the url - 'www.nwa-resurrection.com' over the next few weeks. It's currently in maintenance but May time, it will be up and running and you'll find all the information you need on the site. Thanks for allowing me to do this guys, I appreciate it."
    Last edited by WMS; 05-31-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NWA: RESURRECTION

CONTRACTED TALENT

AJ STYLES
    -Singles
    -Styles Clash and Spiral Tap
    -Face
    -"Remember the Name" by Fort Minor

ALEX SHELLEY
    -Singles
    -Showcase Submission (Single Leg Boston Crab), Shellshock and Lionsault
    -Face
    -"Diamonds Forever" (Instrumental) by Kanye West

AUSTIN ARIES
    -Singles (w/JBL & TAKEOVER)
    -450 Splash and Brainbuster
    -Heel
    -"Prelude 12/21" by AFI

BIG E KINGSTON
    -Tag Division (w/Kofi Kingston, Prince Nana & "The Embassy")
    -Crucifix Powerbomb
    -Heel
    -"McDuck Money" by H-Squared

BRIAN KENDRICK
    -Singles
    -Slicedbread #2 and Sweet Talk (Superkick)
    -Heel
    -"Sweet Talk" by Kito ft. Reija Lee

CODY RHODES
    -Cross Rhodes
    -Heel
    -"Prelude 12/21" by AFI

DREW GALLOWAY
    -Singles
    -Future Shock
    -Face
    -"Broken Dreams" by Shamana Harvest

EL GENERICO
    -Singles
    -Brainbuster
    -Face
    -"Ole" by The Bouncing Souls

JAY BRISCOE
    -Tag Division (w/Mark Briscoe)
    -Jay Driller
    -Face
    -"Gimme Back My Bullets" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

JIMMY JACOBS
    -Tag Division (w/Tyler Black, JBL & TAKEOVER)
    -Contra Code and End Time
    -Heel
    -"Prelude 12/21" by AFI

JOHN MORRISON
    -Singles
    -Moonlight Drive and Starship Pain
    -Face
    -"Roadhouse Blues" by The Doors

KOFI KINGSTON
    -Tag Division (w/Big E Kingston, Prince Nana & "The Embassy")
    -Trouble in the Embassy
    -Heel
    -"McDuck Money" by H-Squared

MARK BRISCOE
    -Tag Division
    -Mark Out (Cut-Throat Driver)
    -Face
    -"Gimme Back My Bullets" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

PAUL LONDON
    -Singles
    -London Calling (SSP) and London Connecting (Superkick)
    -Face
    -"Stay Away" (Instrumental) by Nirvana

RICHIE STEAMBOAT
    -Singles
    -Crossbody and Gory Neckbreaker
    -Face
    -"Sirius" by The Alan Parson's Project

RODERICK STRONG
    -Singles
    -Gibson Driver and Inverted Cloverleaf
    -Heel
    -"5 Minutes Alone" by Pantera

SAMOA JOE
    -Musclebuster and Rear Naked Choke
    -Heel
    -"Prelude 12/21" by AFI

TYLER BLACK
    -Tag Division (w/Jimmy Jacobs, JBL & TAKEOVER)
    -Avada Kedavra and God's Last Gift
    -Heel
    -"Prelude 12/21" by AFI

MISCELLANEOUS

ANNOUNCERS
    -Jim Ross (Play by Play)
    -Paul Heyman (Color)

BACKSTAGE
    -Todd Grisham (Main Interviewer)
    -Candice Michelle (Secondary Interviewer)

MANAGERS
    -Prince Nana (Clients: The Embassy - Kofi Kingston, Big E Kingston)
    -John Bradshaw Layfield (Clients: TAKEOVER - Austin Aries, Cody Rhodes, Jimmy Jacobs, Samoa Joe and Tyler Black)

OWNERS
    -John Bradshaw Layfield (90% stake, 40% acquired from "Stone Cold")
    -Shawn Michaels (10% stake, 10% acquired from "Stone Cold")

**As of November 2012**
    Last edited by WMS; 09-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHAMPIONSHIP & EVENT HISTORY
    NWA: Resurrection History

Spoiler

iPPV HISTORY
    Flair for the Gold Night I and II
    A Fistful of Matches
    Fear & Loathing
    True Grit
    WARGAMES: What Price Glory?
    Ironman
    Scars and Stripes
    The Redemption

TV SHOW HISTORY
    Tuesday Night Showcase - live on FOX Sports
    I
    II
    III
    IV
    V
    VI
    VII
    VIII
    IX
    X
    XI
    XII
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVI
    XVII
    XVIII
    XIX
    XX
    XXI
    XXII
    XXIII
    XXIV
    XXV

Last edited by WMS; 10-18-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-May 7, 2012
    -www.nwa-resurrection.com

NWA:RESURRECTION AGREE TALENT PARTNERSHIP

NWA: Resurrection are delighted to be able to officially announce a lucrative new partnership which has been put in place with three of Japan's premier wrestling promotions. We have officially agreed terms with Dragon Gate, Pro-Wrestling NOAH and New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) to share talent for a fixed number of events per year. Wrestling fans will be able to see some of Japan's most talented wrestling products wrestle at NWA: Resurrection's premier event - details of which will follow shortly...

*Scroll down to read more*

-May 8, 2012

iPPV THEME SONG ANNOUNCED

British rockers 'You Me At Six' have kindly granted permission for us to use their song 'Bite My Tongue' as the official anthem of our premier event, details of which will be made tomorrow - exactly one month before the event takes place!

*Scroll down to read more*
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PROMOTION TO KICK OFF WITH TWO-NIGHT iPPV 'FLAIR FOR THE GOLD'

24 HOURS before tickets go on sale for NWA Resurrection's inaugural event, the board of directors have announced full details of the double-header iPPV event, that will take place at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Taking inspiration from NWA's proud and vast history, the event entitled 'Flair for the Gold' will eminate from Houston, Texas - the same city that figurehead Steve Austin headlined at WrestleMania 17. The event will take place over two nights with Night I on Friday June 8, being followed by Night II, the very next night on Saturday June 9. Some of Texas' very finest wrestling products such as Terry Funk, John Layfield and the 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels have accepted invites to be in attendance as we decide two championships in the space of two nights with the NWA World Tag Team Championship and the prestigious NWA World Heavyweight Championship both being decided over the course of the weekend. Featuring three of Japan's finest wrestling talents, we are delighted to reveal how Night I will shape out.*

*Night II will be revealed on the day of the event, based on the results of the previous night.

|| Flair for the Gold Night I ||

|| NWA World Heavyweight Championship Bracket ||
    | EIGHT MAN TOURNAMENT |

|| ROUND ONE ||
    Drew Galloway versus Richie Steamboat
    John Morrison versus Austin Aries
    Alex Shelley versus Jerry Lynn
    AJ Styles versus Roderick Strong

|| NWA World Tag Team Championship Bracket ||
    | FOUR TEAM TOURNAMENT |

|| ROUND ONE ||
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick versus Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston
    The Briscoe Brothers versus Jimmy Jacobs & Christopher Daniels

|| Japan Showcase||
    MVP (NJPW) versus PAC (Dragon Gate) versus KENTA (NOAH)

Last edited by WMS; 05-31-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

|| ROUND ONE ||
    Drew Galloway versus Richie Steamboat
    John Morrison versus Austin Aries
    Alex Shelley versus Jerry Lynn
    AJ Stylesversus Roderick Strong

I'll put my money on Lynn to win this tourny.

| FOUR TEAM TOURNAMENT |
    || ROUND ONE ||
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick versus Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston
    The Briscoe Brothers versus Jimmy Jacobs & Christopher Daniels

I'm calling Londrick to win this tourny.

Japan Showcase
    MVP (NJPW) versus PAC (Dragon Gate) versus KENTA (NOAH)

I'll be reading and reviewing this one WMS. The fact that it takes place in cities that I grew up in has me very interested. I like a good setting, and it doesn't get any better than Texas. Perfect cast of characters too. Just the right mix of new talent and interesting veterans. Can't wait to read this first show.

ECW: Fuck The Bullshit

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You always do as you believe so
    I'm gonna fall asleep and take a seat
    And watch you fall apart
    'Cause in the end
    What are you without me?
    I slow this down 'cause I know that you can't keep up
    Oh baby I, maybe I was alone from the start
    I might be proud, but at least I'm proud of something
    You've taken pride in becoming nothing
    You keep me on the edge of my seat....
    -You Me At Six - Bite My Tongue

NWA: Resurrection - Flair for the Gold Night I
    Friday June 8, 2012
    George R. Brown Convention Center - Houston, Texas

As the words 'edge of my seat' resonate from the lips of 'You Me At Six' we get our first glimpse of the modest George R. Brown Convention Centre where over a thousand Houston fans are buzzing in excitement for the dawning of a new era, for a night billed as the 'resurrection of professional wrestling in North America'. After a quick pan of the venue and the many fans in attendance, the camera stops dead center to the announce table, right by the side of a black and blue coloured wrestling ring - the NWA logo emblazoned on it. At the announcing table sit two familar faces, Paul Heyman and Jim Ross. 'JR' introduces us as Heyman chips in with the hyperbole and excitement that is often associated with him. The two converse, discussing the weekend in store, putting over the crowning of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in particular. They are interrupted by a theme song which bears many connotations to those familar with NWA history, The Alan Parsons Project's 'Sirius' which is met with a thunderous response from the Texan crowd.

Richie Steamboat - son of the legendary Ricky 'The Dragon Steamboat' comes out looking overwhelmed with the response he is getting. The young rookie is almost brought to tears by the reaction but is soon snapped back to reality when the theme is replaced by Sharman's Harvest's 'Broken Dreams' which welcomes out Drew Galloway, who has no plans to be sentimental, storming to the ring before slapping the taste out of Steamboat's mouth. Galloway's actions are met by loud boos which drown out the sound of the bell ringing, as the match comes to a start.

Opening Match
    NWA World Heavyweight Championship ROUND ONE
    Drew Galloway vs. Richie Steamboat

Summary: Galloway controls the opening stages of the match after gaining the advantage with a slap to the face prior the bell ringing. Galloway bullies Steamboat, making the most of his size and weight advantage. Steamboat displays great tenacity and fighting spirit, coupled with the support of the crowd willing him on and starts a comeback, making the most of Galloway's cockiness by bringing him down with a picture-perfect dropkick which connected with Galloway while he was in mid-air attempting an ambitious and uncharacteristic top-rope maneuver. Steamboat rallied on from that game-changing dropkick, putting together a series of moves that showed signs of talent inherited from his father. Galloway meanwhile, showed signs of desperation, trying to roll out of the ring to get a breather but his plan backfired as Steamboat came rocketing through the ring ropes, connecting with a suicide dive. Steamboat played to the crowd, starting to gain confidence with the momentum very much in his favour as the match reached the five minute mark.

Finish: Steamboat failed to keep a firm hold of the match, allowing Galloway to find a way back into things. The pair trade shots and signature moves, scoring respectable near-falls with Steamboat inches away from making a perfect start to his NWA career with a backslide, as the match escalates. Steamboat gets the better of Galloway for an inititial moment, with Steamboat taking a chance by going up-top in the hope of putting an end to the match. Galloway gets to his feet looking dazed and confused as Steamboat takes flight from the top-rope with a beautiful crossbody. Galloway looks hopeless but somehow manages to avoid the crossbody, diving out of the incoming Steamboat by a nano-second. Steamboat crashes and burns, thudding off the canvas as Galloway slowly gets to his feet, a deranged look in his eyes as he realises how close he was to saying farewell to his championship dream. Galloway sweeps his hair out of his face, collecting himself before picking up Steamboat's limp body, taking little time to connect with a devestating Future Shock. Galloway looks at the fans at ringside for a brief moment, picturing their faces as he hooks the legs of Steamboat to deny what would have been a popular victory.

Winner: Drew Galloway (via Future Shock - pinfall)

Aftermath: Galloway kicks the body of Steamboat out of the ring, celebrating his victory alone in the ring, looking incredibly smug and arrogant as he does so. Heyman and Ross discuss Galloway's chances in the tournament as we get a quick replay of the ending sequence. A close-up shot focuses on Galloway who looks to be happy with how his night has started.

Backstage Candice Michelle is standing by with The Briscoe Brothers - Jay and Mark Briscoe. Candice thanks them for joining her at this time, but before she can say anymore Paul London and Brian Kendrick walk into shot, with shit-eating grins wide across their face. They look the two brothers up and down before walking off towards the ring. Mark and Jay look perplexed, with Jay motioning to go after the two only to be stopped by Mark, who says 'leave it'. Jay is unhappy with his brother stopping him from confronting London and Kendrick and walks out of shot, leaving Mark to apologise to Candice before chasing after his brother, as the camera returns to ringside.

At ringside, Heyman and JR discuss a potential bout between The Briscoes and 'Londrick' as Heyman dubs them. Ross refers to The Briscoes as 'two hot-headed sons of a' and that 'Londrick' may be playing with fire by attempting mind games with the pair. Heyman says that London and Kendrick are two guys that are don't care for reputations, calling the pair 'dangerously unhinged'. The conversation is interrupted as the theme music of the two men Heyman was referring to, plays over the personal announcement system. Tomoyasu Hotei's 'Battle Without Honor or Humanity' welcomes out Paul London and Brian Kendrick who walk out to the ring, rather than run like they did in their previous WWE run. The pair don't play up the audience, instead taking their places in the ring and talking over their game plan with smirks across their faces.

Their music is replace by the theme of Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne - Ozzy Osbourne's 'I Don't Wanna Stop'. Kingston and Bourne come out in similar fashion to how London and Kendrick once did, looking energetic and pumped up for the match. Their energy feeds off to the crowd who respond to the team favourably. The two tandem's take their place in the ring, quickly deciding on who will start the match-up as the bell rings.

Second Match
    NWA World Tag Team Championship ROUND ONE
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston

Summary: Kingston & Bourne shoot right out of the starting blocks, overwhelming London and Kendrick in the early goings, proving too much for the pair with their aerial offence. London and Kendrick attempt to regroup on the outside after the first couple of minutes go completely against them, but find themselves soon on the receiving end of a double plancha courtesy of Kingston and Bourne, which the crowd go nuts for. London and Kendrick stay patient however, and the patience pays off as London is able to reverse Bourne's DDT attempt, flap jacking him before he can fully connect, into his and Kendrick's corner. London and Kendrick take full advantage of Bourne in their corner, making the most of quick tags to wear down Bourne. London and Kendrick isolate Bourne for the next few minutes, wisely using their experience to turn the match into their favour.

Finish: After Bourne makes the hot tag to Kingston, the match looks back in their favour with Kofi clearing the ring of London, before going close twice in quick succession with a leg lariat and then a reverse neckbreaker. London and Kendrick are hanging on by a thread with Kofi looking inspired and dangeous. Kofi signals to his partner Bourne to end things, with Bourne going to the top rope ready for a Shooting Star Press right as Kingston goes for Trouble in Paradise but London pushes Kendrick out of harms way just before he gets his head took off by Kingston's boot. Kendrick stumbles right into the Bourne's direction, knocking him off the top turnbuckle and crashing to the outside. Kofi goes to work on London but Kendrick regains his senses as he sees London wrapped around Kofi. Kendrick runs over and connects with an enziguri to the back of Kofi's head, before London sweeps Kofi down with a reverse STO - a move the two call 'Get Well Soon'. Kendrick hooks the leg for three as London watches on, the two snatching a win just as it looked like they were destined for defeat.

Winner: Paul London and Brian Kendrick (via Get Well Soon - pinfall)

Aftermath: The pair celebrate their win by embracing one another before leaving the ring, sharing crossed words with a few fans at ringside as they do so. Back in the ring Kofi and Bourne get back to their feet, met by a good response from the crowd who are fully appreciative of their efforts. Ross and Heyman put over the contest and the division in general before the camera switches to the backstage area.

Austin Aries is seen standing backstage as the words 'earlier today' appear. Aries isn't in his ring gear, instead in a casual hoody and jeans but nonetheless he looks intense, which is evident to see once he begins to speak.

Austin Aries: "It's 3pm, five hours before the show starts and I'm here, I'm the first guy in the building and let me tell you all, I'll be the last one out. When I found out my opponent for tonight was John Morrison, I couldn't have been any happier. I can't think of a better first opponent than this absolute fake. Morrison is a fine example of what exactly is wrong with the wrestling industry today.

"Gone are the days of blood spraying across the canvas, instead replaced by fake tanner and smugness with Jonny Morrison being the posterboy for this new wave of fakery. Well tonight John, I'm going to slap the taste out of your mouth, I'm going to kick the teeth out of your head and I'm going to take professional wrestling back for professional wrestlers like Austin Aries.

"Don't mistake me as being one for nostalgia, because I'm certainly not but there's a fine line between the washed up has-beens like the likes of Terry Funk who I hear is in attendance tonight, and the likes of John Morrison who represents a new breed of professional wrestlers, who quite frankly aren't tough enough to lace my boots. And tonight, Austin Aries proves to you all, that he is the past, present and future of professional wrestling!"

The pre-tape segment comes to a close with Austin Aries looking darkly into the camera lens and is replaced by a shot of the ring, with The Door's Roadhouse Blues playing over the PA system introducing John Morrison who seems unfazed from Aries' harsh words. Morrison takes his place in the ring just as his music is replaced by Marylin Manson's "Personal Jesus" which brings out Austin Aries. Aries, now in his ring gear, looks on at John Morrison, but first makes a stop at ringside first where he spots the legendary Terry Funk. Aries says nothing at Funk, instead looking at him with a look of disgust before backing towards the ring not taking his eyes off Funk. Funk looks quite perplexed but finally Aries' attention is brought back to Morrison as the bell rings and the two lock-up.

Third Match
    Austin Aries vs. John Morrison

Summary: Aries starts the brighter of the two, winning the ground and pound with Morrison, keeping him on the ground in the early goings, attempting to cut off his aerial offence. Aries is particularly intense, delivering clubbing elbows with Morrison, blow after blow to the back of the head, trying to keep him down on the canvas. Aries finally takes the match away from the canvas, drilling Morrison into the turnbuckles, leaving him no time to rest as he flies in his direction with a flying elbow, delivered square to the face of Morrison. Aries leans on the turnbuckles and blows a kiss in the direction of Terry Funk, as Morrison drops to the mat in a heap. Aries glares at Funk for a while longer before going back to work on Morrison. Five minutes pass without Morrison having as much as a look in, with Aries being completely dominant, looking to make good on his promise from earlier.

Finish: Aries starts to play around to the crowd more and more as the crowd and his dominance grows stronger. Aries has Morrison laid out after dropping all of his weight on his sternum with a fireman's carry, but he opts against going to the top for a 450 splash. Instead he wants to hurt Morrison, and hoists him up looking for a Brainbuster. Aries lifts Morrison up with relative ease, playing to the crowd again by lifting Morrison up and down ala Scott Steiner. Aries laughs before once again blowing a kiss in the direction of Terry Funk, who is joining the crowd in voicing their displeasure for Aries. Aries finally goes for the Brainbuster but his timewasting and pandering to the crowd costs him dearly as Morrison rolls over his shoulders and grabs a hold of his legs, catching him in a cradle: One...Two...Three!

Winner: John Morrison (via Cradle - pinfall)

Aftermath: Morrison rolls out of the ring immediately, taken aback by how he won the match despite having little offence. He celebrates at ringside before exiting backstage as Austin Aries tears his hair out in the ring, furious with himself for losing despite having total control for the full length of the match. He slowly makes his way out of the ring, sharing displeasuries with Terry Funk at ringside who mocks Aries for losing. Aries looks close to losing his cool, but doesn't take any action, instead leaving to a chorus of boos.

Candice Michelle made her second appearance of the night, coming out to the ring to introduce some of the legendary figures in attendance tonight. The camera followed her around ringside as she introduced the likes of Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat and finally John Layfield - who looked rather disgruntled - and Shawn Michaels - who was all smiles, sitting next to his wife Rebecca. Candice says she hopes the audience joins her in applauding the stars of yesterday, adding that this weekend sees the birth of the stars of tomorrow. The George R. Brown Convention Center start a unison of applause before finally it is announced that the next match of the evening will be the highly-anticipated Japan showcase.

Representing New Japan Pro Wrestling is MVP, a familiar face to the American audience, and as a result gets the biggest response of the three. He seems to be happy to be back in a North American ring, soaking in the crowd response as JR puts over his talent. He is followed out by PAC, a British wrestler who is representing Dragon Gate. PAC isn't too well known and as a result the reaction to his entrance is minimal, with Paul Heyman commenting that the crowd will do a complete 360 on their reaction once they see a minute of 'this kid' in the ring. The last competitor to make his way to the ring is KENTA, who gets a slightly louder response than PAC, with some fans being aware of his credentials. KENTA shows no sign of being interested, looking completely focused on the job at hand - getting a win for his promotion. The three men take their place in the ring, with the task of representing their respective promotions on foreign soil as the bell rings.

Fourth Match
    All-Japan Showcase
    MVP (NJPW) vs. PAC (Dragon Gate) vs. KENTA (NOAH)

Summary: From the first few minutes it's evident that the fans are in a fast-paced encounter with PAC being the shining star in the first couple of minutes, envoking a massive reaction from a previously non-respondent Texan crowd. He slips out of KENTA's Falcon Arrow attempt, sidestepping a Yakuza Kick by MVP before landing a beautiful dropsault onto the chin of MVP, sending him flying into KENTA with both men landing through the ropes, spilling onto the outside. PAC takes a deep breath, looking around the audience who anticipate what he does next, as he heads towards the ring ropes before gracefully leaping over the ropes, twirling and twisting in the air before landing a jaw-dropping corkscrew shooting star plancha, connecting with both KENTA and MVP. PAC hurts himself slightly but is still first to his feet, as he raises his arm in the air, a number of fans beginning to chant his name - two moves was all that was needed to make him a favourite in Texas.

PAC may have become a quick favourite with his high-flying approach but it costs him dearly as he tries one move too far, and finds himself punished by KENTA who sidesteps a moonsault body block attempt, before planting him into the canvas with a beautiful Fisherman Buster. KENTA goes for a Cloverleaf but is interrupted by MVP who makes his way back into the ring and almost turns KENTA inside out with a Lariat. MVP feeds on KENTA's scraps, locking in a crossface on PAC in the middle of the ring. PAC struggles and howls in pain, as he tries to claw his way to the ring ropes. He finds himself just inches away but MVP smartly rolls his body over, making the ropes an unreachable target for the Brit. PAC bites down on his own fingers, trying not to tap but finally he stretches his hands out about to submit only for KENTA to break the submission at the very last second, diving down towards MVP with an elbow to keep the match alive.

Finish: The match continued on as it set off, with all three men going close with a number of near falls in a contest that had no clear sign of a winner. A finish came at the fifteen minute point with MVP going for his finisher, the Playmaker, only for KENTA to block and hoist him onto his shoulders looking for the G2S. MVP struggled, throwing wild elbows to the face of KENTA but to no avail as KENTA kept a firm hold of MVP, looking to connect. PAC came to MVP's rescue with a spinning leg lariar to the face of KENTA, sending KENTA flying backwards with MVP still on his shoulders. MVP dropped over the ropes and crashed to the outside while KENTA kept on his feet by hanging onto the ropes. PAC went for the attack with a Tiger Suplex but KENTA had enough him in to block with a huge right knee to the side of PAC's ribs, sending his opponent stumbling backwards. KENTA followed up with a flurry of slaps and punches before ending with a final kick to the side of PAC's head, leaving PAC struggling to remain on his feet. KENTA quickly ran the ropes, connecting with a massive Running Busaiku Knee Strike, sweeping PAC off his feet and to the canvas, folded in half. KENTA hooked the leg of PAC for an emphatic three count with MVP breaking the pinfall just a second too late.

Winner: KENTA (via Running Busaiku Knee Strike - pinfall)

Aftermath: All three men lay on the canvas for a few moments, exhausted from the effort put into the match. Finally the victorious KENTA was first to his feet, soon followed by MVP. The two men looked at each other for a few moments, out of breath before finally shaking hands and shaking in respect. Their attention wavered to PAC who was still hurt on the floor, the two men helped the Brit up to his feet. The two men shook hands with PAC who could barely stand up straight after being seen off by KENTA. KENTA and MVP raised the arms of PAC with all three men standing tall in the ring, in front of an appreciative American crowd. KENTA and NOAH had the bragging rights but truly, it was wrestling that was the real winner following a fantastic match-up.

Backstage, opponents Alex Shelley and Jerry Lynn are seen talking, just minutes before their match-up. We can't hear their conversation, but the two are all smiles and wish each other luck. Lynn walks off as Shelley stares on, his smile fading away and replaced by a look of repulse. He snaps out of it as he realises Todd Grisham is walking in his direction, asking him if he has time for a quick interview. Shelley seems reluctant but agrees, with Grisham quickly asking him for his thoughts ahead of his match with Jerry Lynn that will take place in the next few moments.

Alex Shelley: "It's a real honour to be making my debut against Jerry Lynn. Jerry's a good friend, someone who helped me progress as a wrestler back in TNA and has always been a cool guy to me and my family. I can't wait to go out there, and tear the house down with him. I'm excited, and I've also got a lot to prove as the last year hasn't been a great year for Alex Shelley. Everything changes tonight though Todd, 2012 is the resurrection of NWA and Alex Shelley. You'll see what I mean when I get out there."

Shelley thanks Todd before walking out of sight, as the camera returns to ringside where fans are awaiting the arrival of Jerry Lynn.

They don't have to wait for much longer as Fear Factory's "Replica" blares over the personal announcement system, welcoming out the veteran Jerry Lynn. Lynn beams with delight at the loud response from the fans, as he power walks to the ring eager to make a winning start to what he has promised will be his 'final run'. His music is replaced by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's "Weapon of Choice" which introduces a popular Alex Shelley. Shelley is all smiles, pointing at Lynn in the ring before joining him in the squared circle. Shelley poses on the top rope, looking as if he was thouroughly enjoying the attention from the fans. He jumps back down and takes his place in the ring. The two shake hands before locking up as the bell rings and the match begins.

Fifth Match
    Jerry Lynn vs. Alex Shelley

Summary: Shelley dictates the opening stages, winning the lock-up and powering Lynn down to the mat. Shelley is in his element wrestling on the floor, keeping Lynn pinned down with a number of painful-looking holds, trying to disable Lynn from his renowned high-flying offence. Shelley goes for an early submission, locking in a submission stretch on Lynn. Lynn looks in excruciating pain but has enough to break out of the move, using leverage to roll away and burst out of the stretch. Shelley goes straight back on the attack, going for another submission but Lynn counters into a roll-up, which Shelley only narrowly kicks out of. Shelley backs off slightly, trying for a more careful approach but Lynn takes heart from nearly catching Shelley off-guard, and is able to duck a sharp clothesline attempt from Shelley, spinning around before kicking him in the gut and nailing his younger opponent with a Spike DDT. The move gets the fans to rally behind Lynn who begins to force his way back into the match.

Finish: The two trade close falls as the pace picks up following a slow start. The fans are on the edge of their seat as Shelley has Lynn hoisted up for Shellshock. Lynn spins out of the hold however, and goes for another DDT, but Shelley blocks and counters with a beautiful Fisherman Suplex. Shelley bridges the suplex which gets a two count before Lynn shows great athleticism and bridges out, twisting hold of Shelley and attempting a Cradle Piledriver. Shelley blocks again however, with the two men seemingly knowing each other move-for-move. Shelley goes for another Fisherman Suplex but Lynn counters, twisting his leg around Shelley's and rolling him up with an inside cradle. Shelley looks trapped but manages to use his momentum to roll through and instead trap Lynn's shoulder. Lynn bursts out at two and three-quarters before Shelley launches another attack. Lynn ducks however, before running the ropes and leaping over Shelley, catching him with a roll-up: One...Two...No! Shelley rolls through! One...Two..Thr-No! Lynn uses his leverage to roll backwards and keep Shelley's shoulders pinned down: One...Two.....Three! Yes!

Winner: Jerry Lynn (via Roll-Up - pinfall)

Aftermath: Lynn celebrates for a few moments before Shelley returns to his feet. Lynn looks a little apprehensive but offers his hand to a seemingly upset Shelley for a handshake. Shelley glares at him for a few moments with his hands on his hips, before shaking his head. Shelley rejects the handshake and instead goes for an embrace. Lynn accepts and the two hug after a hard fought match. The two are all smiles as the embrace ends, but Lynn's smile is wiped off his face as Shelley kicks him where it hurts! The crowd don't boo, instead shocked as Shelley looks down at Lynn with a look of disgust across his face. Shelley spits down at Lynn's directions before exiting to loud boos. Shelley, red in the face with anger, doesn't look once at the fans as he makes his way backstage leaving behind Lynn, who is left both hurt and confused in the ring.

Backstage we see The Briscoe Brothers looking in happier spirits than previously in the night, with Jay forgetting his troubles with Londrick earlier in the night. The pair look focused, and they hug before walking towards the ring, adrenaline and energy clear to see as the two brothers aim to get the win that will see them clash with London and Kendrick for the NWA World Tag Team Championship.

We see a quick replay of Londrick's victory earlier in the night, with Jim Ross saying the winner of this match will meet them tomorrow night to the first NWA World Tag Team Champions of the NWA: Resurrection era. Heyman puts over some of the legendary tag teams to win the belts before being interrupted by "The Haunted" as made famous by Walls of Jericho. Out walk the team of Christopher Daniels and Jimmy Jacobs, wearing dark attire and face paint. The two seem to have been forgotten men in the tournament with most of the emphasis going on their opponents for tonight, The Briscoe Brothers. The heavy tones of Walls of Jericho is replaced by Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Gimme Back My Bullets" where The Briscoe Brothers walk out to the best reaction for any tag team of the night. The brothers power walk down to the ring but don't make it to the ring before Jacobs and Daniels come out of the ring and meet them half-way, looking to make an immediate impact! The action finally spills back into the ring, with the referee calming things down and making a degree of peace, before the match officially begins.

Sixth Match
    NWA World Tag Team Championship ROUND ONE
    Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels vs. The Briscoe Brothers

Summary: Jacobs and Daniels look like men on a mission, and a ruthless streak in the two is clear to see from the opening minutes, where they control the match, punishing both Briscoe's, obviously upset by being the forgotten team in the tournament. Daniels in particular is intense, and goes close with a snap suplex and flying knee drop on Jay Briscoe. Jacobs though is also full of agression as he stamps away at Jay, keeping him in his and Daniels corner. Jacobs delivers a wicked snapmare before drilling his foot into Jay's back, before locking in a sleeper trying to wear down Jay and tire him out. The Briscoe's finally break into the match when Jay finds a way out of the opponents corner, knocking Daniels down with a step-up enziguri before leaping and tagging in Mark, who is full of fight and energy. He meets an oncoming Daniels with a huge leg lariat before taking out a rushing Jacobs with a Fisherman Buster, sending Jacobs rolling out of the ring. Briscoe turns his attention back towards Daniels, hoisting him up for an atomic drop, calling for his brother Jay as he hoisted Daniels up. Jay came flying down from the top rope with a missile dropkick, connecting to Daniels head before Mark hit the atomic drop, going close to a three as the match stepped up a gear as the minutes passed on.

Finish: The finish came after the ten minute mark with both teams going all-out for the victory. Jacobs and Daniels seem to have the upper-hand with both men going for superplexes to their opponents. On one corner Mark Briscoe counters, slipping behind Jacobs, before drilling him with a strike to the back while Jacobs was still standing on the turnbuckle. Mark takes advantage, lifting Jacobs off the turnbuckle into electric chair position, as Jay wrestlers with Daniels on the opposite corner. Jay manages to punch Daniels back down off the turnbuckle, before using Daniels' shoulders as a stepping stone and leaping towards Jacobs who was still positioned on Mark's shoulders, connecting with a huge clothesline sending Jacob's flying off his brothers shoulders and crashing towards the canvas, a move known as the Doomsay Device, made famous by the legendary Road Warriors. Jay joined Jacobs crashing down to the mat, as Mark rushed over to Daniels clotheslining him out of the ring, leaving his brother to wrap his arm over Jacobs to get the three count.

Winner: Jay and Mark Briscoe (via Doomsay Device - pinfall)

Aftermath: Jay and Mark embrace in the ring, sweaty and fatigued after a hard fought win over an impressive Jacobs and Daniels. Their celebration is interrupted by Londrick who appear on the entrance ramp, catching the attention of the two brothers. They tease that they are going to hit the ring with Jay and Mark prepared to take the fight to London and Kendrick. London and Kendrick look at each other before charging to the ring, only to stop before the end of the ramp. They look at the two brothers and a twisted smile begins to unearth across both their faces. Before Jay and Mark can take action however, they are ambushed from behind by Daniels and Jacobs who have returned to their feet. The two stamp away at the two Briscoes as Londrick watch on admiringly. London and Kendrick exit to the back, full of smiles as their opponents for tomorrow night get softened up in the ring by Daniels and Jacobs. Jacobs hits a massive contra code on Jay, with Daniels landing the Angel Wing's on Mark, leaving the two battered and bruised in the ring. London and Kendrick watch on from the top of the ramp with sick smiles across their faces, knowing full well they have the advantage ahead of tomorrow's title match.

We see a quick clip of AJ Styles pacing around a backstage area just minutes ahead of the night's main event. He is interrupted by Alex Shelley who walks into Styles' direction, looking awfully pleased with himself. Styles notices and calls Shelley out on his earlier actions.

AJ Styles: "What's your problem Shelley? You've got all the talent in the world but you're a real asshole."

Alex Shelley: "I might be as asshole Styles, but you know what else I am? I'm a winner, and that might not have been the case tonight but believe me, things are changing around here AJ. You can be the posterboy here just like you were in TNA, which got you absolutely nowhere in the end, but the real star is Alex Shelley and unlike you AJ, I won't crack under pressure."

Styles looks Shelley up and down before slapping him in the face. Shelley looks as if he's going to react but keeps his calm and opts to give Styles a verbal lashing as opposed to a physical reaction.

Alex Shelley: "The truth hurts huh? You were Mr. TNA, you got shot after shot but you still blew it and became an afterthought. Good luck with Roderick out there next, who knows - I might just come down and give you some moral support, ha!"

Shelley walks out of sight with Styles looking on, looking as if Shelley's words got to him mentally just moments before his main event match against Roderick Strong. Styles drops his head as the camera returns to ringside.

Heyman and Ross question Styles' state of mind as Pantera's "5 Minutes Alone" blasts over the personal announcement system introducing Roderick Strong, who looks all action as he marches down to the ring. Heyman puts over Strong as an underappreciated talent, and says it is important that Styles concentrates fully on Strong otherwise he'll be punished. Strong's music is replaced by Fort Minor's "Remember the Name" as the crowd await the arrival of AJ Styles. His music almost loops over before he finally comes out, still looking taken aback by Shelley's words just moments earlier. He joins Strong in the ring, and tries to gain focus as they go for a lock up, the main event of the evening finally begins.

Main Event
    Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles

Summary: Strong completely dominates the first few minutes of the match, taking advantage of Styles' wandering thoughts, punishing him with a series of backbreaker variations as well as trying to disable his arsenal and slow down his offence with rest holds. Strong doesn't break a sweat, as he tactically works down the speedier Styles, looking to score a win that would shoot him into the next round of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship tournament. Heyman tells us all that Strong is a man you have to pay your full attention to, otherwise you'll face the consequences as AJ is finding out tonight.

Finish: Styles finally starts to get into the match as it nears its conclusion. He slips out of a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker attempt from Strong, slipping behind the big man before hitting a huge lungblower, allowing himself time to get a breather and his head back into the match-up. Styles seems to take confidence from countering one of Strong's backbreaker attempts, and goes on a run of near-falls as he hits Strong with a number of signature moves, picking up momentum going near with a Pele Kick on the first occasion and then a reverse frankensteiner, leaving Strong dazed and confused. The 'master of the backbreaker' still had enough smarts to get the arm up, but the two blows to the head slowed him down a little, allowing Styles to attempt the Styles Clash, trying to pick up the victory. Styles had Strong in position but was interrupted by a voice coming from the top of the entrance ramp.

"Pressure getting to you yet AJ?!"

The voice belongs to a grinning Alex Shelley, who slowly makes his way down to the entrance ramp. AJ's attention is fully on Shelley and he's punished as Strong has enough about him to roll through and pin Styles: One...Two...Th-No! Styles bursts out at three. Strong goes straight back onto the attack, wrapping Styles in a bearhug as Shelley is now at ringside, laughing and shouting abuse directed at Styles. Shelley is blindsided though as Jerry Lynn comes out of the crowd and spears Shelley to the floor! Lynn and Shelley go at it on the floor with officials running from backstage to try and separate them. Back in the ring, Styles fights out of Strong’s bearhug before delivering another Pele Kick, straight to the temple of his opponent! Styles contemplates going for the cover but instead slowly makes his way to the top rope before leaping off and crashing down with a beautiful Spiral Tap, square to the chest of Strong! Styles hooks the leg for the win.

Winner: AJ Styles (via Spiral Tap - pinfall)

Aftermath: Styles makes his way back to his feet and is soon joined by Jerry Lynn who raises his hand in the air. The two embrace and stand tall in the ring, as Alex Shelley looks on from the entrance ramp, his eye blackened and his face red with anger. Night I goes off the air with two of the four men left standing in the NWA World Heavyweight Championship tournament, Lynn and Styles celebrating in the ring. Heyman and Ross thank us for joining them for a night that will stand the test of time, reminding us that Night II will take place tomorrow night and promises to be even better...
    END NIGHT I
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

|| Flair for the Gold Night II ||

|| NWA World Heavyweight Championship Bracket ||
    | EIGHT MAN TOURNAMENT |

|| ROUND TWO ||
    Drew Galloway versus Jerry Lynn
    AJ Styles versus John Morrison
    || FINAL ||
    x versus y

| FOUR TEAM TOURNAMENT |

|| FINAL ||
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick versus The Briscoe Brothers

||NWA v.s Japan Series||
    Roderick Strong (NWA) versus PAC (Dragon Gate)
    Austin Aries (NWA) versus KENTA (NOAH)
    Alex Shelley (NWA) versus MVP (NJPW)

Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

System's Semantics
    Night I

- Obviously know of Drew, but I haven't seen much of Richie.
    - I don't know how to describe your format style, almost minimalist. Always looks very organized.
    - Solid opener, enough to keep the show interesting but not too over the top that the following matches will look bad in comparison.
    - I've never heard the expression shit-eating grin outside PW, and I'm glad...
    - How dare you interrupt Candice?
    - Tag match 101, was enjoyable.
    - I read that as "Sharing cross words". Book it
    - I don't really see John Morrison as the antithesis of "Real Pro Wrestling" but nevertheless intrigued.
    - I love Aries entrance music
    - I didn't see Morrison winning coming. Glad you didn't go the obvious Funk interference route.
    - Candice Michelle as your announcer/interviewer seems a bit strange for an NWA fed.
    - 3way was very dissapointing, flips and signature moves. Seemed like a Lucha match more than Puro,
    which seemed to be what you were going for (an American crowd appreciating a puro style).
    - I'm glad you demonstrated that Lynn was a ring veteran in the early going.
    - Very good match, psychology was perfect.
    - Nothing good or bad to say about the tag match, other than "Winner" should be plural.
    - "Stamp away"
    - Aftermath has me intrigued.
    - The Alex Shelley distraction was so obvious and unnecessary.
    - The segment beforehand was fine, without Shelly needing to inject himself into the match.
    - "night II will take place tomorrow night" O RLY? I know what you meant, but it stills reads humorously.
    - Jerry Lynn raising his hand at the end was fine, Still think Shelly wasn't needed.
    He could have came out on Night II and say how disgusted etc he was by the end of Night I.

Overall:

Great show, I didn't like the Triple Threat and some other trivial things but that's all.
    Format looks great, and the card was very enjoyable. Your match summaries were incredibly well done, in terms of the match structure.
    Looking forward to night II.
    Last edited by System; 06-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Next Wrestling Show Appearance
    HVW Ready 2 Rumble 21/01/17
    http://tinyurl.com/HVWTIX

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My goodness. You will be QUITE the challenge. Great roster? Check. Easy to digest results? Check? Fun, old-school meets new-school style of booking? Check. Seriously man, this is awesome. I'm very anxious to see Night 2, so get on it ASAP. Awesome stuff, man.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rolling Thunder Review
    WMS Presents "NWA Resurrection"

I don't ever remember saying that on Twitter!

Stone Cold running a promotion would have my full, undivided attention. The fact that you made it an NWA ressurection just makes it that much cooler. Exceptional idea, sir. The interview was spot-on too. Not that it's hard to capture Austin's personality, but you did it very well regardless. Very informative and a great way to build-up the fed.

Loving your roster. My expectations are already insanely high.

FLAIR FOR THE GOLD NIGHT 1~!

Interesting theme choice. Not my cup o' tea exactly, but the song does the job.

Summary & Finish. Love it. Everything is clear, concise, well-written...it's like you've done this before! Great opening match, and I see that you too have decided to push Drew Galloway. THE BATTLE IS ON, SIR.

Sorry, I got distracted after Googling Candice Michelle. I miss her.

You're building Briscoes vs. Londrick? FUCK YES.

Glad you're using Bourne/Kingston as a team again. I really enjoyed them as a tag team in the WWE. It's a shame what happened to them.

Fast-paced spotfest, exactly what I expected and exactly what we got. So much fun. Your tag division is going to be insane.

Austin Aries promo did its job. That's all I really have to say.

Morrison sneaks the win! I won't lie, I was expecting another heel win like the opening match with Galloway. You made the right call, and I'm interested as to where Aries will go from here. I know how much you like writing him, so I'm going to follow this closely.

I only know MVP from his WWE days, and my knowledge of PAC and KENTA just comes from watching the odd match on YouTube, but you paint a good picture with the entrances. I noticed that not many people do that around here, and I can never figure out why. It's the perfect opportunity to get the persona over that you want each wrestler to have.

This match is my favourite of the show thus far. You captured the Japanese style perfectly by letting the wrestling speak for itself. All three guys standing tall after that match would have been a sight to see.

Holy crap you put Jerry Lynn over Alex Shelley. Did not expect that at all. I'm going to have a hard time buying Shelley as a heel, but it's definitely something that will be a fun challenge for you.

Man, so much going on in this show...

I'm a bit surprised that you put The Briscoes over Daniels and Jacobs, but then again, I didn't expect Londrick to be playing the role of the heel team in the match. Nice little swerve at the end to get that done. Very well written match and aftermath.

Shelley tells AJ what everyone is thinking. Nice. I'm starting to buy this.

Of course AJ wins after that encounter. Kind of took the surprise away by having Shelley and Styles confront one another before the match, but at the same time, you could have written it either way and had Shelley screw Styles. Either way, I'm happy with the result. Alex Shelley vs. AJ Styles down the road sounds amazing, and you've got Roderick Strong and JERRY FUCKING LYNN in the mix.

Overall: 9.8/10

I don't think I've ever given a perfect score to a show, but this is damn close. Your writing and execution is probably the best in Fan Fic, and you don't rely on graphics to trap readers. You can do it all without, which is something only you and TMMW seem to be able to pull off. I'm having a very hard time finding anything wrong with this show, and I only expect big things from you. Amazing job.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I slow this down 'cause I know that you can't keep up
    Oh baby I, maybe I was alone from the start
    I might be proud, but at least I'm proud of something
    You've taken pride in becoming nothing
    You keep me on the edge of my seat....
    -You Me At Six - Bite My Tongue

NWA: Resurrection - Flair for the Gold Night II
    Saturday June 9, 2012
    George R. Brown Convention Center - Houston, Texas

We are treat to a quick video highlighting Night I in small detail. We see AJ Styles, Drew Galloway, John Morrison and Jerry Lynn advancing to the semi-finals of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship tournament; Paul London and Brian Kendrick's victory as well as their altercation with the men they meet tonight, the Briscoe Brothers who are also shown winning their match. Austin Aries' stare-off with Terry Funk and Alex Shelley's post match attack of Lynn are also shown as the video comes to an end with You Me At Six being drowned out as the George R. Brown Convention Center comes into view. The song is replaced by the frantic voices of Jim Ross and Paul Heyman, who speak of their excitement for tonight. JR's words of 'two championship titles will be decided' ring in our ears as the camera pans quickly around the venue, allowing us to picture the fans who appear to be buzzing with anticipation. Ross and Heyman put over the NWA vs. Japan series and say the first three matches of the night will determine the winner of the series.

They are interrupted by the theme music of Roderick Strong, with Pantera's "5 Minutes Alone" playing over the PA system. Strong, who was in last night’s main event, walks out looking intense and focused, eager to give NWA a winning start in the three-match series. Strong takes his place, as Heyman and Ross put over Strong's performance last night, commenting on how he was unlucky not to come out of the match as the winner. His opponent is New Japan Pro Wrestling's MVP who gets a favourable reaction, with most familiar with his WWE work. MVP looks happy with his reception, but doesn't let it knock his concentration as he eyes Strong in the ring, telling his opponent that this is going to be his night. Ludacris' "Get Back" stops playing and the two tie-up as the bell rings.

Opening Match
    NWA vs. Japan Series Match I (0-0)
    Roderick Strong vs. MVP

Summary: From the get-go, it's evident that the match will be a hard-hitting affair, similar to what can be seen in NJPW, with Japanese wrestling being renowned for its hard hitting style. MVP controls the early goings, backing Strong into the corner, before unleashing a number of chops and slaps to the chest. Strong's chest is red-raw as MVP sets him on the turnbuckles, rocking him with an uppercut to the jaw before joining him on the top rope. MVP goes for a top-rope superplex, but Strong beats him away with huge forearms, nearly knocking Porter off the top rope altogether. Strong catches him however and jumps down towards the canvas with MVP still in his arms, landing on his feet before catapulting MVP over his head with a quick fall-away slam. Strong gets a near fall but the move is enough to turn the match in his favour, allowing him to dictate the match after MVP initially started the stronger man.

Finish: Strong's dominance is finally countered by MVP who avoids a corner clothesline attempt by Strong, and hits him with a desperation Yakuza Kick, sending Strong slumped in the corner. MVP drags him to the middle of the ring and locks in a crossface, going for the kill (). Strong claws and crawls over to the ropes, with MVP unable to stop him with a hard-hitting bout making him feel fatigued. Strong finally reaches the bottom rope with MVP breaking the hold, rolling away from Strong with both men down on the canvas, trying to get a breather. Finally they return to their feet, slugging it out in an exchange of lefts and rights. MVP wins the exchange and takes it over to the corner again, trying to attack Strong with a flurry of chops but Strong hits back with chops of his own sending MVP retreating from the corner. MVP swaggers back and charges at Strong attempting a Lariat, however Strong thinks quickly and counters with a toe trip, sending his opponent flying head first into the turnbuckles. MVP bounces off the turnbuckles before turning around into a kick to the guy before Strong executes a devastating Gibson Driver (Sitout double underhook powerbomb) drilling Porter into the canvas, landing a three count to put an end to a huge opening contest.

Winner: Roderick Strong (via Gibson Driver - pinfall)

Aftermath: Strong helps MVP to his feet after the match-up and the two shake hands after an impressive opening display. Strong celebrates his win while MVP hobbles to the back. Heyman and Ross put over the match and the effort displayed by the two, as Strong exits the ring, looking just as worse for wear as his opponent.

The lovely Candice Michelle announces that NWA Resurrection has agreed an exciting deal with FOX Sports, where every Tuesday night, NWA Resurrection will be aired live on their channel. Candice thanks the Texan fans for their incredible support last night, and thanks them for coming again tonight. She says that the stars of NWA Resurrection will thank them for their support, every Tuesday night on FOX Sports and announces that the deal will begin this Tuesday with the first main event being a rematch of tonight’s NWA World Heavyweight Championship contest.

She is interrupted by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's "Weapon of Choice" which is met with a chorus of boos, as Alex Shelley struts out to the ring, staring a whole through the crowd as he chews away on some gum. He spits it out and bats it with his hand into the crowd, laughing at some of the nearby reactions. He regains a look of seriousness as he meets eyes with Candice Michelle in the ring. He circles the ring, vulture-like, finally getting a microphone and joining Candice in the ring. He simply stares at her for a few moments before addressing her and the audience.

Alex Shelley: "First and foremost, I'm disgusted that I wasn't personally asked to make this announcement. When you're discussing television, no one else out there has the face for television, like Alex Shelley does! I'm a true star, the new star of NWA. Instead we get some washed up skank delivering the news. You're no star Candice, and before you begin - adult movies do not count!"

Shelley basks in the crowd response, with the boos almost deafening. Candice meanwhile is close to tears, she goes to slap Shelley but Shelley catches her arm mid-slap. They look into one another's eyes for a moment before Shelley releases her arm and Candice exits the ring, storming back up the entrance ramp and out of sight. Shelley blows her a kiss, and laughs as a 'Shelley sucks!' chant gains momentum. Shelley continues, speaking over the top of the noisy Texan fans.

Alex Shelley: "This is my ring, and now that I'm alone I have something I wanted to say. Tonight, I'm scheduled to represent NWA in the NWA vs. Japan series, against PAC. Well, let me tell all of you something, Alex Shelley represents no one other than Alex Shelley himself! So to all the head honchos, to Steve Austin and all the other guys in the back, you're going to have to find a replacement because I'm not wrestling tonight. If you people are lucky enough, I may just show my face later in the night in some other capacity but that's about it, so to all of the fans out there who wish they were me, tune into FOX Sports this Tuesday Night, the only place you can find the new star of NWA on your television sets."

Shelley drops the microphone, and walks out of the ring looking pleased with himself, the boos from the crowd almost sounding out his theme music. He exits as Jim Ross on commentary calls him an 'arrogant asshole' with no respect for anyone or anything. Ross says despite Shelley dropping out of the series, NWA will field a replacement. Ross and Heyman discuss the next match of the evening, another NWA vs. Japan series match, which will see KENTA representing Pro-Wrestling NOAH, up against NWA's Austin Aries.

Silence looms over the arena for a few split seconds before Twista's "Art & Life" plays over the personal announcement system. Out walks KENTA, who is met with a postive reaction following his victory over PAC and MVP the previous night. KENTA is indifferent to the reaction, charging down to the ring eager to remain unbeaten over the course of the weekend. His obstacle tonight is Austin Aries, who was involved in an altercation with the legendary Terry Funk last night which is recapped courtesy of a quick replay. The replay ends and KENTA's music is muted. Seconds later Marylin Manson's "Personal Jesus" blasts across the PA system, introducing Austin Aries who walks out to a negative reaction from the Texan crowd. Aries is sporting a black t-shirt with the slogan "Saviour of Pro-Wrestling" splashed across the front of it. Aries storms down towards the ring, making a brief stop at ringside where he spots Terry Funk. Funk tells Aries that "you're going to get your ass kicked again", whereas Aries simplys stares deep into Funk's eyes. Finally, Aries takes off his t-shirt and throws it towards Funk before joining KENTA in the ring. We see Funk has thrown the t-shirt out of the crowd, but Aries doesn't know this as he is now in the ring locked-up with KENTA, as the bell rings.

Second Match
    NWA vs. Japan Series Match II (1-0)
    Austin Aries vs. KENTA

Summary: Aries' mind seems to be occupied elsewhere as KENTA controls the early goings, sending his brash opponent crashing back down to earth with a series of stiff shots, sending Aries towards the corner with a flurry of chops, kicks and punches before delivering a huge knee lift leaving Aries doubled over in pain. KENTA shows no mercy to his opponent, hooking Aries from behind before delivering a bridging German Suplex, which the NWA star narrowly escapes from before the count of three. Aries tries to shake the cobwebs away and get into the swing of things but KENTA is far too fast, almost one step ahead of his opponent. He almost gets the better of Aries with another suplex, this time a beautiful double underhook but Aries is able to get out at two and three quarters. At last, Aries forces his way into things slipping out of a Falcon Arrow attempt from KENTA before countering with a forward Russian legsweep, a move out of sheer desperation yet it buys enough time for Aries to gain a breather and work on a game plan to get back into the match. Aries begins to dictate the pace of the match from this counter, attempting to work down his opponent en route to a brainbuster, a move capable of finishing any encounter.

Finish: The self-proclaimed "Saviour of Pro-Wrestling" looks in total control as the match nears the ten-minute mark. He takes the wind out of KENTA with a gutbuster followed by a quick swinging neckbreaker, targeting the back, neck and ribs in quick succession but it only gets him a near-fall. Aries takes a little too much time lifting KENTA from the ground however and KENTA fights back with a huge roundkick to the head of Aries, catching him midfall before hoisting him on his shoulders. KENTA goes for the Go 2 Sleep but Aries still has enough about him to deliver a series of stiff elbows to the side of KENTA's head, clubbing away until finally the fourth blow to the head is enough and he is able to slip behind KENTA and hoist him onto his shoulders. Aries spins slightly before running and landing a rolling fireman's carry, puncturing KENTA into the canvas. Aries looks down at his fallen opponent for a moment before climbing towards the top rope, ready for a 450 Splash. He stands tall on the turnbuckle and points into the direction of Terry Funk, signalling him to watch closely. Aries grins confidently before taking flight, only to be foiled by KENTA who raises his knees at the last nanosecond, with Aries crashing sternum-first. Funk leads the cheers at ringside as KENTA slowly gets back to his feet, picking up the winded Aries before placing him on his shoulders, throwing him in the air before drilling him with a huge Go 2 Sleep. Aries smashes face-frist off the raised knee of KENTA and collapses to the mat, leaving KENTA to hook the leg for an emphatic three count.

Winner: KENTA (via Go 2 Sleep - pinfall)

Aftermath: Now that his job is done, KENTA celebrates at ringside slapping the hands of fans, some of which he has won over during the course of the two nights. He stands at the top of the entrance ramp for a moment basking in the adoration of the American fans, before he raises his right arm in the air and thanks the fans for their support. He exits, having done Pro-Wrestling NOAH proud while Austin Aries finally gets back to his feet in the ring. Aries kicks the bottom rope out of frustration, in utter disbelief that he has lost two nights in a row despite looking in control for large periods of both matches. He rolls out of the ring and over towards Terry Funk, who is all smiles. Aries is furious, red in the face, repeatedly asking Funk if he thinks it's funny. Aries puts his hands on his hips before leaning towards Funk and spitting directly in his face! Aries laughs as Funk wipes the spit from his face, and tries to take a swing at Aries but it's too late as Aries leans back and out of touching distance before rushing off backstage, having the last laugh. Funk has to be restrained by family members at ringside, with the crowd absolutely raging at Aries' actions. Ross blasts Aries for his disrespect, while Heyman sympathises with him over the situation. Terry Funk leaves his seat with a few of his family members joining him, as we go to a video hyping the fact two titles will be decided tonight.

We return from the quick video with Jim Ross and Paul Heyman still discussing the events that have just unfolded. JR says that Terry Funk and his family have left the show, and are upset with the treatment they received from Austin Aries. Austin Aries has apparently left the arena, but it is understood he will be punished by NWA officials for his behaviour. JR reminds us that the scores are tied 1-1 in the NWA vs. Japan Series, with the next match being the decider.

The commentary team are interrupted by Jurassic 5's "What's Golden", which initially gets a mute reaction but when PAC walks out moments later, the center erupts in cheers. PAC looks delighted with the reaction, having clearly won over the fans with an impressive performance the previous night. He high fives a few fans at ringside before taking his place in the ring, curious to who he will be facing following Alex Shelley's withdrawal. His question is answered by the sounds of Alan Parsons Project's "Sirius" which is met with even more cheers. Richie Steamboat walks out, soaking in the cheers from a crowd who have quickly taken him to their hearts. He nods towards PAC in the ring and wastes little time in joining him. The two men are rarities, complete contrasts to the likes of Shelley and Aries, they are full of respect and modesty. The two shake hands before a tie-up and the bell rings.

Third Match
    NWA vs. Japan Series Match III (1-1)
    Richie Steamboat vs. PAC

Summary: Steamboat and PAC go at it with both men displaying a high octane, fast-paced style. Steamboat looked the brighter spark early on, throwing himself under PAC, before hitting him with a monkey flip, sending him flying into the corner. PAC came at Steamboat once again but Steamboat was able to slow him down with a beautiful arm drag, making sure to keep ahold of the arm, and lock in an arm bar. Steamboat tried to wear down his opponent, but PAC is a real livewire and managed to fight his way back into the match. PAC was successful in breaking the hold by using his flexibility to kick Steamboat in the head repeatedly, forcing him to leave go of his arm. PAC showed no signs of his arm being injured as he leapt around the ring, catching Steamboat with a beautiful springboard tornado DDT, before going close with a Standing Star Press. Steamboat was able to get the arm up before three, and keep himself in the match. Five minutes had passed, with no signs of a clear winner as a stalematch of a match continued to progress.

Finish: Both men went all out to hit that one big move that would decide the winners of the series. Steamboat and PAC found themselves in familiar territory, with both men fighting on the top turnbuckle. Steamboat found the advantage, chopping away at the chest of PAC until finally PAC dropped from the top turnbuckle and back towards the canvas. Steamboat was quick to react, and went for a massive crossbody but PAC was able to roll through with the momentum to pin Steamboat down: One...Two...Th-No! Steamboat rolls through and now PAC finds his shoulders on the canvas: One...Two...Thre-No! No! PAC bursts out at the last split second and both men scramble back to their feet, with PAC landing a side kick to the gut of Steamboat. PAC scoops Steamboat up looking to set up a move leading up to his Shooting Star Press finish, but Steamboat is able to counter brilliantly, catching the left leg of PAC just before he hit the mat before rolling him over and pinning him with a small package: One...Two...Three! Steamboat wins in exactly the same fashion as his father did at WrestleMania 3 over Randy Savage.

Winner: Richie Steamboat (via small package - pinfall)

Aftermath: Both athletes make it back to their feet, breathing heavily after a fast-paced bout. Steamboat extends his hand and PAC shakes it without hesitation. PAC leaves the ring to applause as Steamboat celebrates winning the series for NWA, his first win in the company. JR and Heyman predict big things for Steamboat's future, as we see a replay of the small package counter that earned him the victory.

Backstage Todd Grisham is backstage with Paul London and Brian Kendrick. Grisham asks the duo known as Londrick for their thoughts ahead of their NWA World Tag Team Championship match with the Briscoe Brothers later tonight. Kendrick takes the reigns and replies.

Brian Kendrick: "Didn't you see what we did last night Grisham? We got under the skin of the Briscoe's and in the end, they got attacked by Daniels and Jacobs. Getting under people's skin is what we do best, along with wrestling."

The zoom-in shot of Kendrick zooms out, and we can see Paul London annoying Grisham by slapping him around the back of the head. London stops when he notices the camera is on him, and he puts his hands behind his back like a naughty school-boy, before talking.

Paul London: "Some people call it arrogance, and we know a hell of a lot of people don't like us, but you know what - we couldn't give a rats ass about popular, and we never have done. Personally, I've never been 'popular' but one thing I've always been is talented. And tonight, against the Briscoe’s, it's real simple. You've got two of the most talented tag teams in world wrestling in that one ring, but the one thing we have that the Briscoe’s don't is a brain, and last night was evidence of that. We already know your weaknesses, we go out there and get under your skin again, and you'll play into our hands."

Brian Kendrick: "You're looking at your NWA World Tag Team Champions."

Paul London: "We don't care about the teams before us, and we certainly don't care about the teams that will come after us, because our time is now. No ass kissing, no popularity contests, we'll go out there and get it done, whether you like us or you hate us. Deal with it."

The duo barge past Grisham, knocking him against the wall before leaving the sight of the camera. A red-faced Grisham takes us back to ringside, ahead of the first NWA World Heavyweight Championship Semi-Final contest.

Back at ringside, JR and Heyman speak of their excitement for the first of two Semi-Final NWA World Heayvweight Championship matches. They are interrupted by Fear Factory's "Replica" which is met with loud cheers ahead of Jerry Lynn's arrival to the entrance ramp. Jerry walks out, and looks absolutely delighted with the response he is receiving. He walks down to the ring, looking pumped ahead of a huge match. Being a veteran, Lynn is no stranger to big matches, but nearing the end of his career this one will mean as much as any he has had in the past. In the way of Lynn, is the Scot, Drew Galloway who's entrance music Sharman's Harvest's "Broken Dreams" is met with jeers. The people in this crowd are wanting a Lynn victory, they're not many folks who'd get a good reaction against this man tonight. Galloway doesn't appear to be nonplussed; he's a man who doesn't care for cheers, instead feeding off causing pain to his opponent. He meets with Lynn in the ring, the two staring each other up and down before locking up. The bell rings.

Fourth Match
    NWA World Heavyweight Championship ROUND TWO
    Jerry Lynn vs. Drew Galloway

Summary: Galloway proves to be a massive obstacle for the veteran, as he punishes Lynn from the opening bell, sending him dizzy with a huge big boot before pummeling him in the corner with lefts and rights. Lynn managed to escape but couldn't help himself from staggering around the ring before nearly being turned inside-out courtesy of a big clothesline from Galloway. Eager to rain on everyone's parade, Galloway continues to let loose on the veteran, whipping him in the turnbuckles before displaying astonishing speed and power with a big Stinger Splash, leaving Lynn slumped in the corner. Galloway cockily posed in front of the fans as Lynn squirmed under his boot with Galloway trying to crush his throat with his right boot. Galloway releases his boot from Lynn's throat before a count of five, basking in boos as the crowd voice their displeasure at the fact things aren't going well for Lynn. Lynn showed fight, as managed to put the brakes on Galloway's snap suplex attempt before countering with an inside cradle attempt: One...Two...Th-No! Galloway bursts out and goes straight on the attack, shocked Lynn nearly got him out of nowhere. Galloway holds Lynn in the corner, putting him on the turnbuckle attempting a superplex but Lynn fights out, with left and right forearms to the big man before wrapping his arm around the standing Galloway before jumping and twisting mid-air planting his opponent with a beautiful Tornado DDT! The move turned the match on its head, allowing Lynn to work his way back into things and with the backing of the Texan crowd, he gained momentum as the match continued.

Finish: Continuing to rally from the crowd, Lynn could take heart from a spirited performance, with the younger Galloway clawing and scratching to stay in the match after Lynn locked in an cross armbar, a move he hadn't used since his old WCW days. Galloway managed to reach the bottom ropes and stay in the match but Lynn looked very much the stronger man, feeding from the energy of the crowd to go close to victory with a flying crossbody, Galloway only narrowly avoiding defeat once more. Galloway smartly rolled out of the ring to try and derail Lynn's run of steam but his plan backfired as Lynn soon met him on the outside, flying through the ring ropes to knock his opponent down with a stunning Suicide Dive. Lynn rolled Galloway back in the ring, looking to put him away with one last move but before he could join Galloway back in the ring his attention was diverted.

"Hey Jerry! Jerry, over here! Jerry!"

Alex Shelley is seen standing on the entrance ramp with a microphone in one hand, steel chair in another. Shelley slowly approaches the ring as Lynn rolls back in the ring before being counted out. Lynn's eyes are still focused on Shelley as he goes to pick Galloway up. Lynn's attention goes back to Galloway as he pushes him between his legs and goes for the Cradle Piledriver. Before he can execute the move however Alex Shelley rolls in the ring with steel chair in hand. The referee immediately rushes over to Shelley and removes him out of the ring, but his back is turned to the action. Lynn is completely focused on Shelley leaving the ring and is punished when Galloway drops down and connects with a low blow while the officials back is turned! The referee turns back in time to see Galloway connect with the Future Shock. Galloway drills Lynn into the canvas before hooking the leg for the three count as Shelley watches on from the outside, beaming with delight.

Winner: Drew Galloway (via Future Shock - pinfall)

Aftermath: The crowd are furious with Shelley's actions, and he is booed and attacked with litter as he marches back up the entrance ramp and to backstage, his job very well done. In the ring, Galloway celebrates his win over a fallen Jerry Lynn. Shelley is out of sight, but the boos continue with fans despondent that their hero Jerry Lynn has been screwed out of a chance to wrestle for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Galloway couldn't care less continuing to celebrate overjoyed at the fact he will be in tonight's main event, as the cameras leave ringside and go backstage.

We see the Briscoe's backstage warming up ahead of their NWA World Tag Team Championship match against Londrick. We can't get an audio but the two look intense with Mark giving some words of advice to his younger brother. Jay nods in agreement and they fist bump before continuing their stretches. They are interrupted by Todd Grisham who walks into sight asking for a few words. He is quickly met with an emphatic response from a cool-headed Mark Briscoe.

Mark Briscoe: "We've got a match to prepare for. Just for further notice Todd, the Briscoe boys don't do trash talking. We go out there and do our talking in the wrestling ring."

Jay Briscoe: "How do you like that for an interview?!"

The Briscoes look at Grisham in disgust before continuing their pre-match routine as Grisham doesn't bother trying to argue; instead he takes us back to ringside where Ross and Heyman talk of their excitement for the Briscoe and Londrick match a little later in the night.

The crowd wait in anticipation before The Door's Roadhouse Blues fills the arena, welcoming the "Shaman of Sexy" John Morrison. Morrison walks down to the ring, wearing his infamous fur coat, looking ecstatic ahead of a match that will decide who will join Drew Galloway in the NWA World Heavyweight Championship main event. Morrison takes his place in the ring, posing for the fans and basking in their adoration as his music is replaced by Fort Minor's "Remember the Name" which is met with an even bigger reaction than the one Morrison received. The entrance ramp is soon graced with the footsteps of AJ Styles, who unlike Morrison doesn't seem fazed by the crowds response. He marches down to the ring, ignoring the fans and everything else in sight with the exception of John Morrison. Styles doesn't take his eyes off his opponent for a minute, not even while removing his hooded jacket which is promptly thrown out of the ring. With their eyes locked, the two men tie up and the bell rings.

Fifth Match
    NWA World Heavyweight Championship ROUND TWO
    AJ Styles vs. John Morrison

Summary: With a championship opportunity on the line, both men adhere to their usual octane offences which results in the fans being treated to a wonderful wrestling contest. Both men are eager to progress and as a result, give it their all plus more. Morrison crashes and burns in the early goings, seeing his spingboard heel kick attempt foiled by Styles who ducks before planting a huge Pele Kick to the side of Morrison's temple. Styles doesn't allow Morrison any time to rest up, as he picks him up before whipping him into the turnbuckles before hitting a huge dropkick to the chest, displaying great hang time before finally connecting with the chest of Morrison, winding him in the process. Styles looks the stronger man in the opening five minutes as he goes dangerously close to securing a pinfall following a reverse STO, which saw Morrison thud into the canvas. The "Shaman" isn't one for giving up easy, and being famed for his resilience he kicked out at two and three quarters. Styles follows up quickly with a standing senton out of pure frustration, but Morrison kicks out once more. Styles' frustration costs him as he takes too much time attempting a vertical suplex, allowing Morrison to slip out and connect with his finishing move, Moonlight Drive! Morrison and Styles bounce off the canvas, with Morrison taking his time to reach over to Styles, finally putting his arm over his opponents chest: One...Two..Thr-No! Styles gets his right arm off the canvas before three. Morrison takes heart from nearly picking up the three, and for the next few minutes dominates the proceedings, trying to hit one more Moonlight Drive to surely end the match-up.

Finish: Morrison continues to go for his finishing move but to no avail, and finally Styles counters out of an attempt to hit the move that works the match back in his favour when he spins out of Morrison's grasp before nailing him with a beautiful overhead belly-to-belly. Styles pulls himself up and braces himself as Morrison comes flying back at him with a forearm smash but Styles is able to counter, lifting Morrison up before darting him backwards into the turnbuckles. Styles waits as Morrison drops backwards to the canvas, before attempting to climb the turnbuckles. He finally gets to the top, although takes his time in doing so. This allows Morrison to get back to his feet where he runs towards Styles and shows great athleticism by jumping onto the second turnbuckle before hitting Styles with a massive uppercut. The jump and uppercut takes a little out of Morrison but he eventually joins a dazed Styles on the top rope, hooking his arm around Styles' neck in an attempt to hit the Moonlight Drive from the top rope! Morrison hooks and takes flight but Styles is able to put the brakes on, blocking the move which results in Morrison flipping without Styles and crashing to the canvas below. Styles looks down at Morrison's body, composing himself before eventually taking flight with the Spiral Tap, landing directly on the mid-section of his opponent. Styles hurts himself slightly with the move, but is still able to hook the leg to get the win following an evenly matched contest.

Winner: AJ Styles (via Spiral Tap - pinfall)

Aftermath: Styles celebrates his hard earned victory, clutching his neck and showing fatigue from a fast-paced match-up. He stops in his tracks as John Morrison returns to his feet. The two men look at one another for a moment before finally Styles nods in approval and offers his hand to Morrison who accepts. The two embrace before Morrison exits the ring, allowing Styles to soak in the moment. Jim Ross reminds us of our main event - Drew Galloway versus AJ Styles with the winner being crowned NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Todd Grisham has given up on interviewing talent backstage, and finds himself in the thick of things, right in with the Texan crowd - beside him is the legendary Shawn Michaels! Todd thanks Shawn for joining him, with the 'Heartbreak Kid' all smiles.

Shawn Michaels: "I'm confused why you want to interview little old me?! You should be trying to find Morrison or Styles, because I'd love to hear from them following that match. Boy, what a match."

Todd Grisham: "Do match-ups like that ever make you consider stepping back into the ring?"

Shawn laughs heartily before shaking his head, answering Todd's question.

Shawn Michaels: "If anything, it's the complete opposite Todd. Styles and Morrison just put on one hell of a show out there, I'm not sure the Heartbreak Kid could live up to those standards these days, but hell it was a pleasure to watch two talented young individuals put on a show and shake hands at the end of it. NWA have nothing to worry about."

Todd Grisham: "Both men have been compared to you, with their styles certainly similar to the way you wres-"

Shawn Michaels: "These guys are fantastic, I really think it's unfair to say they're the next so and so, because they aren't. AJ Styles is the first AJ Styles and he should be co-"

Michaels stops talking, a look of disgust etched across his face. The reason for this is John Bradshaw Layfield who walks into the cameras view, wearing his usual suit and hat combination and looking as arrogant as ever. He looks at Grisham before looking Michaels up and down, beginning to talk.

John Bradshaw Layfield: "Some things never change. You just can't help but steal the spotlight can you Michaels?"

Shawn Michaels: "John, don-"

John Bradshaw Layfield: "If any comparisons are to be made this weekend, there should be one, and one only. There's one wrestler in particular I see a lot of myself in and that is AJ Styles' opponent tonight, Drew Galloway. Galloway is a winner, something I have prided myself on my entire life. That's the difference between me and you Shawn, I'm a winner. When the chips are down, I find a way to win. You on the other hand, you piss everything away. You may con everyone else with your 'born again' act but believe me, you don't fool me."

Something inside Michaels flips, and instead of reacting to Layfield with a verbal response, he wrestles the big man down to the floor, hitting him with lefts and rights. The two roll around on the floor fighting until they are finally broken up by a dozen or so members of security, who restrain the two men. Michaels' wife Rebecca comes running into view as members of security tell her they have to leave the building. Layfield brushes himself down, sporting a bloodied lip and is irate when he is also told he has to leave the building. Michaels and his wife leave quietly with Shawn looking quite embarrassed over his own actions. Layfield continues to protest as security lead him away, with the cameras promptly returning to ringside.

JR and Heyman discuss what they have just witnessed with JR less than complimentary of Layfield. They are interrupted with the announcement that the following contest is for the NWA World Tag Team Championships which is met with much excitement, with fans anticipating NWA: Resurrection's first championship match in it's history. The buzz of excitement turns into a chorus of boos as Tomoyasu Hotei's 'Battle Without Honor or Humanity' plays over the personal announcement system, signalling the arrival of Paul London and Brian Kendrick. The arrogant pair, known collectively as Londrick, swaggers to the ring with arrogance. The pair don't appear to give two shits what the crowd make of them, as they take their place in the ring awaiting their opponents.

They don't have a long wait as the boos are replaced with cheers as Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Gimme Back My Bullets" welcomes out The Briscoe Brothers. The Briscoe's charge out onto the entrance ramp and towards the ring, not taking their eyes off London and Kendrick, who can’t stop smirking. Finally the two teams meet in the ring, with Londrick taunting their opponents while Mark Briscoe talks into the ear of his younger brother, keeping him calm and focused. London starts things out for Londrick with Mark starting out for the Briscoe's as the bell rings and our tag championship match gets underway.

Sixth Match
    NWA World Tag Team Championship Match
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. The Briscoe Brothers

Summary: The Briscoe Brothers keep London in their corner in the first few minutes of the match, bullying London with stomps and punches as they set out to disable him from using any of his high-flying skills. Jay Briscoe gets tagged in and stomps away at London in the corner of the ring, telling London "no one makes me look like a punk!" before dropping a big elbow to the heart of his opponent. Satisfied with his beatdown, he tags his brother Mark back in, who attempts to do more damage to the cocky London. Mark hoists London up before slamming him in the turnbuckles, following up with a quick atomic drop before throwing him over his shoulder with a neat arm drag. Briscoe foolishly doesn't keep a hold of London's arm and is made to pay as London hits him with a desperation jawbreaker, sending Mark rocking backwards. London crawls up and to his feet as Mark gets back up and tries to go back on the attack, but London manages to fire back with a huge dropsault gaining him enough time to make the tag out to Brian Kendrick. Kendrick springboards from the ropes and towards Mark Briscoe knocking him down with a huge leg lariat. Kendrick locks in a hold on his grounded opponent, stretching away at his arm while talking trash to Mark's brother Jay as he did so. Jay reacted furiously, screaming for his brother to make the tag out so he could come in the ring and give Kendrick the beating of a lifetime. Kendrick was smart however, dragging Mark further away from his corner before tagging out to London. Kendrick tagged out, keeping a firm hold of Mark's arm, not releasing it until London came crashing down with a missile dropkick to the same arm. London and Kendrick made quick tags the next couple of minutes, working on Mark's arm in an attempt to hurt it enough to stop him from hitting his finishing move, the 'Mark Out'. Furthermore, their tactics also added to the frustration of Jay Briscoe, who looked dangerously close to losing his cool as he watched Londrick work away at his brother. The first five minutes weren't the brawl or high flying contest fans expected, as both teams remained in first gear, waiting for the right time to up the tempo and earn themselves the NWA World Tag Team Championships.

Finish: The match begins to step out of first gear as it rages on, with Jay Briscoe finally making his way into the match after Mark levelled Kendrick with a nasty step-up enziguri. Jay is fresh and full of energy, attacking Kendrick with a huge flying knee before dropkicking London off the ring apron, following him to the outside with a suicide dive. Jay picks himself up and rolls back in the ring but Kendrick gets the cheap advantage, with a knee to the gut before hitting him with a spike DDT, to slow him down. Kendrick tries to slow things down entirely but it doesn't last long and within minutes the match is in bedlam with all four men in the ring exchanging blows despite the protests of the referee. In one corner Kendrick grapples with Mark Briscoe, while London has his work cut out with Jay in the other corner. The Briscoe's look to have the advantage when Jay throws London over the ropes and to the outside, with Mark meanwhile blocking a headscissors attempt by Kendrick by catching him mid-turn and keeping him hoisted on his shoulders. Kendrick tries to fight him off but Mark keeps firm while Jay takes to the top rope. Mark staggers slightly with Kendrick buying a few extra seconds by putting up a struggle as the Briscoe’s attempt to set up for the Doomsday Device. London returns in the ring just as Jay takes flight from the top. London's first action is to quickly dropkick Mark low in the right leg sending him tumbling down just as Jay is mid-air which results in Jay flying over his falling brother, and crashing into the canvas. Kendrick meanwhile does brilliantly, taking advantage of Mark's fall by catching him with a victory roll as he was half-way down to the canvas, wrapping him up for the pin: One...Two...Three! Jay goes to break up the pin but is half a second late - London and Kendrick steal the victory with an astonishing counter!

Winners (And new NWA World Tag Team Champions!): Paul London & Brian Kendrick - Londrick (via Victory Roll - pinfall)

Aftermath: The two scurry out of the ring and are handed the NWA World Tag Team Titles. The two can't believe their luck, with Ross praising London's quick thinking and Kendrick's excellent counter. Heyman speculates that this won't be the last we see of these two teams against each other with Ross adding that the Briscoe's can feel aggrieved with how they lost. In the ring Jay and Mark look on crestfallen and in disbelief at the fact that they were beaten. Kendrick and London don't care how they won it, as they kiss their titles and hold them high on the entrance ramp much to the displeasure of the crowd.

We are treated to a video highlighting both Drew Galloway and AJ Styles' route to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship match. The video lasts a little longer than a minute, and plays along to You Me At Six's "Bite My Tongue" - the official theme of the event. Another video hyping Tuesday Night Showcase on FOX Sports, beginning this Tuesday night plays shortly after before we return to ringside where the fans cheer upon the announcement that the following contest is for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

For the second time tonight Sharman's Harvest's "Broken Dreams" plays over the PA system, and is met with louder boos than it received earlier in the night, with Galloway's cheap victory over fan favourite Jerry Lynn being the main reason for this. The Scotsman walks out, mocking the fans over their earlier disappointment by pretending to cry, earning him more jeers. He walks down to the ring, talking trash to members of the audience as he does so. Finally he reaches the ring, posing and soaking in the crowds boos. Galloway seems to thrive on being hated, a huge smile etched across his face as he awaits the arrival of AJ Styles.

The George R. Brown Convention Center explodes with cheers as Fort Minor's "Remember the Name" replaces Galloway's theme. The fans are fully behind AJ Styles who walks out to over a thousand screaming fans, all praying he can become NWA World Heavyweight Champion at the expense of the hated Galloway. Styles isn't doing this for the fans, he's doing it for himself with his facial expressions screaming focus and determination. He charges to the ring, fully focused on his opponent and the opportunity to be World Champion. The two men take their respective corners, and as soon as the introductions are made they throw themselves into as tie-up, the bell rings and our NWA World Heavyweight Championship main event is underway!

Main Event
    NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
    AJ Styles vs. Drew Galloway

Summary: Galloway and Styles tie-up with fans quick to get behind Styles. Chants of 'AJ' echo around the arena as Galloway wins the tie-up, powering Styles down to the canvas, trying to keep him grounded and unable to use any of his high-flying offence. Galloway was brutal with his offence, dominating Styles before punishing him with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, AJ's back snapping off the tree-trunk legs of Galloway. Galloway continues to torture Styles, digging his knee in the back of AJ, stretching out his arms with a submission manoeuvre that targets both the arms and back of the opponent. Styles is resilient and works his way out of the move, displaying power and strength by returning to his feet. He tries to break free of the hold completely but Galloway still has him by the arms, and is able to pin him back to the mat with a Northern Lights Suplex. Galloway opts not to go for the pin, and instead tries to go back for the same submission but Styles thinks quickly and puts his foot on the bottom rope. Galloway drags Styles back to his feet but is shocked as Styles hits him with an elbow to the face, bloodying the nose of the Scot.

Galloway checks for blood, and is enraged when he sees and tastes his own blood. Something inside him snaps, and losing his composure he foolishly rushes at Styles who meets him with a huge hurricunrana, sweeping Galloway off his feet and into a pinning predicament: One...Two..Th-No! Galloway bursts out and rushes towards Styles again but this time he is met with a massive Pele Kick. Galloway staggers back with only the ring ropes holding him up. Styles slowly but surely returns to his feet with a dazed Galloway approaching him. Styles springboards from the ring ropes and connects with a forearm smash, knocking his larger opponent down to the mat. Styles climbs to the top, looking to hit the Spiral Tap but Galloway is able to roll out of the ring and avoid the move. He tries to get a breather on the outside but has no time to rest as Styles improvises, coming down from the top towards the outside with a Shooting Star Plancha! Both men are hurt following a breath-taking move, which is met with huge cheers from the Texan crowd. The two roll back in the ring just before they are counted out, with the first ten minutes providing an evenly-matched contest with no clear winner in sight.

Finish: The match is back and forth for the next five minutes, with both men exchanging their signature moves in an attempt to become the first NWA World Heavyweight Champion of the Resurrection era. The minutes that follow see near falls galore as our main event steps in last gear, both Galloway and Styles throwing everything but the kitchen sink at one another to become champion. Styles has his opponent trapped in a Crucifix Hold, putting strain on the back of Galloway before flipping forward and nailing a huge DDT for yet another near fall. He tries to keep his cool, as he lifts Galloway from the canvas, putting him between his legs for the Styles Clash. Styles signals this is the end but Galloway counters, this time with an Alabama Slam delivered with such force Styles' head bounces off the canvas with a sickening thud. Galloway collapses on top of his opponent and hooks the leg, only to see a resilient Styles get the arm up before the three! Galloway rolls off Styles and bangs the mat in frustration. He is almost to the point of tearing his hair out, but thinks better of it and instead lifts Styles up and sets him up for the Future Shock. Galloway goes for the move but can't execute, with Styles blocking and instead shoving Galloway backwards before nailing him with a massive discus clothesline! The move takes a lot out of both men who are beginning to become fatigued as the match nears the twenty minute point.

The two men return to their feet, having once again defeated the ten count. They trade blows with Styles mixing things up, by hitting a big side kick of Galloway's thigh. Galloway limps towards Styles attempting another forearm smash, but Styles replies with another kick, once again to Galloway's thigh leaving the big man on one leg. Styles pushes himself onto the ring ropes, springboarding back with a moonsault towards his opponent before hitting a beautiful DDT! Galloway looks out of it with Styles confident that the move he just hit is the perfect set-up for the Spiral Tap. Styles checks on Galloway, but Galloway shows no sign of movement. AJ slowly scales the top turnbuckle, positioning himself ready for the same move that earned him two wins over the course of the weekend. Before he can hit it however, his attention is diverted by a figure who has joined him on the ring apron.

John Bradshaw Layfield!

Layfield has somehow found a way back into the arena and is now standing right on the ring apron by Styles. Styles doesn't panic and instead delivers a huge boot to the side of Layfield's head knocking the rich Texan businessman crashing to the outside. Styles returns his attention to Galloway who is still flat out on the canvas, leaping off the top turnbuckles only to crash and burn as Galloway rolls out of the way at the last second! The Scotsman returns to his feet, wiping away the blood from his nose and licking his lips as he drags Styles back to his feet and locks him in position before drilling him with an emphatic Future Shock. The crowd boos as Galloway hooks the leg with a huge smile across his face: One...Two...Thre-Noooo! No! Styles gets his arm up and the smile is wiped off the face of Galloway, and replaced with a look of horror. Layfield returns to his feet with a look of shock on his face as he sees Styles is still in the match-up. Galloway and Layfield look at each other for a moment before Galloway drags Styles back to his feet again. Styles is on his last legs as he tries to hit Galloway with another Pele Kick but Galloway simply side steps it, picking Styles back up before once again getting him in position for his finisher. Galloway shouts "It's over!" before hitting the Future Shock for the second time, delivering it with as much force as he could muster. Galloway hooks both legs of Styles and this time gets the three count! Galloway roars in delight as the count is made, with the fans voicing their anger at the fact Drew Galloway has won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Winner (And new NWA World Heavyweight Champion!): Drew Galloway (via Future Shock - pinfall)

Aftermath: Galloway is in tears as the referee awards him the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. He is on his knees, weeping while holding and staring at the championship belt. Layfield makes his way into the ring cautiously, but Galloway is transfixed by the title, too caught up to notice Layfield's presence. Finally their eyes meet again, and JBL offers a hand shake but Galloway stares him up and down before ignoring the handshake, instead rolling to the outside holding his championship belt high in front of an irate set of fans. Layfield looks on in confusion as he stands over the man he screwed out of the title, a defeated AJ Styles. We see one final shot of our NWA World Heavyweight Champion who is now on the entrance ramp holding his newly won championship high in the air, the biggest smile across his face ignorant to the cheap circumstances in how he won the title. Jim Ross thanks us for joining him over the course of a weekend where history was made as Drew Galloway stands tall and victorious in the George R. Brown Convention Center.
    END NIGHT II
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FLAIR FOR THE GOLD NIGHT I & II QUICK RESULTS

NIGHT I
    Drew Galloway defeated Richie Steamboat
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston
    John Morrison defeated Austin Aries
    KENTA defeated PAC and MVP
    Jerry Lynn defeated Alex Shelley
    The Briscoe Brothers defeated Christopher Daniels & Jimmy Jacobs
    AJ Styles defeated Roderick Strong

NIGHT II
    Roderick Strong defeated MVP
    KENTA defeated Austin Aries
    Richie Steamboat defeated PAC to give NWA the win in the NWA vs. Japan Series (2-1)
    Drew Galloway defeated Jerry Lynn
    AJ Styles defeated John Morrison
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated The Briscoe Brothers to become NWA World Tag Team Champions
    Drew Galloway defeated AJ Styles to become NWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Last edited by WMS; 06-19-2012 at 08:46 AM.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-June 11, 2012

NWA TO PUNISH 'DISRESPECTFUL' DUO

NWA board of directors have today announced there will be 'serious' repercussions for both Alex Shelley and Austin Aries, after their behaviour at Flair for the Gold Night II, branding the pair as 'disrespectful'.

Both men will be fined $100,000 each for bringing the company into 'disrepute'. Alex Shelley's withdrawal from the NWA vs. Japan series, as well as his interference in Jerry Lynn's match and behaviour towards interviewer Candice Michelle, left the directors with little choice but to impose a serious fine. Shelley will also be forced into action on tomorrow night's inaugural edition of Tuesday Night Showcase where he will face tag team Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston in a handicap match. Shelley has also been warned that his behaviour will be monitored in the future and that he will be faced with a suspension if his behaviour doesn't improve.

Austin Aries meanwhile will be in attendance tomorrow night where he will apologise to Terry Funk and Funk's family for his actions. If Aries doesn't apologise he will be indefinitely suspended.

John Bradshaw Layfield hasn't been reprimanded for his behaviour with directors unwilling to comment on that situation.

In order to avoid any similar issues in the future, the company hopes to put a general manager in place by tomorrow nights show.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sup Dub?

You had me at 5 Minutes Alone!

Love that opening paragraph. Great job of summarizing that first show with so few words. I need to do more of that. Each show should always start off with a "Last week on (Insert Fed Here)".

That was an excellent first show too. I couldn't get around to reviewing it, but I did indeed read it, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Whenever someone mentions MVP I remember the original MVP from the early days of Raw. He was a jobber with a baseball suit on, and a baseball painted over his face. This MVP seems to have popped up long after I stopped watching. I've seen pics, but I've never watched one of his matches so I'm not totally up do date on the guy. Not real sure who Strong is either to be honest. I'm still kind of catching up man.

Not a bad match. Nothing special though. Perhaps I would appreciate it more if I were more familiar with these guys, so this is my bad.

I'm noticing how you use your commentators to "sell" certain things, and I really like it. I'm totally taking notes because I have plans for commentary to play a big part in some of my future shows.

What is with everybody and the Tuesday Nights?

Just not real incredibly impressed with that Shelley promo. Not bad though. He's another guy I haven't seen much of. I've seen clips of his matches, but none of his promos yet, so I don't know if you nailed him or not really.

Aries vs Kenta started off slow with the summary, but that finish more than made up for it. That was awesome. I also love the involvement of Terry Funk. The guy is just a fucking legend of legends. If guys like Hogan and Nash had the mentality of Terry Funk(as far as helping out the future of the industry) Pro Wrestling would have been much more awesome than it was back in the day.

OH shit! Spit in his face? I don't like that. No sir, not one bit.

You went a little too far there dude, you don't spit in Terry Funk's face.

Fuck this thread.

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-26-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Crippler

Here's a problem I've got. Aries fucking murdered Morrison, so if anyone who wrestled him afterwards didn't also murder him? They look like a complete bitch in comparison to Aries. So, by proxy, Galloway is a paper champion until Aries or KENTA take a swing at him. Also, Aries isn't that much bigger than Morrison, if anything he's smaller, so I can't quite picture him giving John Morrison a stalling suplex. So that's one thing.

The other weirdness is the little thing on night one with AJ and Shelley. What exactly did Shelley say to AJ that made him so sad? AJ's reaction wasn't "this guy insulted me and my ability," it was "Shelley's leaving me for another man." If anything, he should have murdered Roderick, taking out his anger and frustration at Shelley on Roderick. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Other than those little two notes, I really like this project. The writing's good, the action's crisp. I'll keep this in mind.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    Here's a problem I've got. Aries fucking murdered Morrison, so if anyone who wrestled him afterwards didn't also murder him? They look like a complete bitch in comparison to Aries. So, by proxy, Galloway is a paper champion until Aries or KENTA take a swing at him. Also, Aries isn't that much bigger than Morrison, if anything he's smaller, so I can't quite picture him giving John Morrison a stalling suplex. So that's one thing.

The other weirdness is the little thing on night one with AJ and Shelley. What exactly did Shelley say to AJ that made him so sad? AJ's reaction wasn't "this guy insulted me and my ability," it was "Shelley's leaving me for another man." If anything, he should have murdered Roderick, taking out his anger and frustration at Shelley on Roderick. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Other than those little two notes, I really like this project. The writing's good, the action's crisp. I'll keep this in mind.
    1. The one problem with my match summaries is that they're so short, they don't give you all the action. I like to think that Aries had the better of Morrison for most of the match, not because Morrison is a bad wrestler, but because Aries had a fire in his belly and wanted to prove something which in the end was his downfall. The most important thing here was Morrison's resillience. I probably should have made note of Morrison having ring rust or something to help the story of the match a little bit.

2. JoMo is one athletic motherfucker. I believe he could take a stalling suplex from a smaller guy.

3. Shelley got into the mind of Styles by questioning whether he can be the 'man' in NWA, saying he failed when given the chance in TNA. Murdering Roderick is one way I could have went but I felt it made for a better story and match if I had AJ preoccupied with what Shelley said before ultimately finding his groove, and saying 'fuck this guy, I'm the best and I'll go prove it'.

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave some feedback, I appreciate it.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NWA: Resurrection presents Tuesday Night Showcase
    Tuesday June 12th, 2012 | Episode I
    George R. Brown Convention Center, Texas

Oooh, can you feel it comin?
    Move back his wrecking ball, reach through the package
    More violence he's coming, he's coming, he's coming
    More violent he's coming, I'm running, I'm running...
    -Kasabian "Switchblade Smiles"

We are treat to a hard hitting anthem courtesy of British rockers Kasabian introducing us to the inaugural edition of Tuesday Night Showcase, emanating from the George R. Brown Convention Center in Texas. "Switchblade Smiles" fades away and is replaced by the voices of Jim Ross and Paul Heyman who officially welcome us to NWA: Resurrection 'Tuesday Night Showcase' live on FOX Sports!

The night begins with NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway standing in the ring with his championship held high above his head. Drew celebrates his championship win, calling it the biggest night of his career thus far. The Scot ignores the circumstances in which he won the championship, instead focusing on the very fact he has the belt in his possession. Galloway compares himself to Braveheart, adding that he is a champion that his peers, the fans and the NWA can be proud of. Drew says he will be a fighting champion and that tonight he will have no problems defeating AJ Styles once again, to retain what is rightfully his. His victory speech is interrupted by a voice coming from the entrance ramp.

The voice belongs to John Bradshaw Layfield who soon joins the champion in the ring. Layfield calls Galloway ungrateful and reminds Drew and the audience of how he won that title. Galloway laughs off JBL's suggestions and says he didn't ask for his help. The champion claims that he would have won the belt regardless, and that Layfield can't prove otherwise. Layfield says he sees a lot of himself in Galloway and suggests that it would be smart business if the two became business partners. Layfield adds that Galloway would never have to worry about losing his championship belt if he had a man like John Bradshaw Layfield representing him. Galloway simply stares at JBL for a few moments before looking at his championship belt and announcing to both Layfield and the entire world that he is perfectly fine on his own. Galloway exits the ring leaving behind a slighly frustrated Layfield.

Alex Shelley graces the Texan crowd with his presence following the commercial break. Shelley cups his hand to his ears as he walks down to the ring, inviting the crowd to boo him. Shelley gains more boos when he informs us that he has took it upon himself to cancel his handicap match against Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne tonight. Shelley says that fines do not bother him, adding that the NWA's threat to suspend him is meaningless as the NWA would be fools to keep their biggest star away from television. The self proclaimed 'new star of NWA' reminds the audience of what he did to Jerry Lynn at Night II claiming that he did the organisation a favour by keeping a washed-up hasbeen like Jerry Lynn away from the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Shelley is interrupted by the team of Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne who don't seem to be pleased with Shelley's announcement that their match is cancelled. The two charge towards the ring, running towards Shelley's direction, but the 'New Star' thinks quickly, and rolls out of the ring and avoids Kingston and Bourne. Shelley laughs heartily as he walks away from the ring, tapping his head to suggest that he is smarter than both men. He turns to walk up the entrance ramp but turns into the direction of Jerry Lynn! The crowd roar with delight as Lynn appears from the entrance ramp and levels Shelley with a huge right hand, taking him to the floor. Lynn and Shelley fight on the floor with Lynn getting the upperhand until finally the fight is broken up by officials. Shelley has a burst lip and looks furious that Lynn has got the better of him on this occasion.

The NWA World Tag Team Champions are in action in the night's first match. Paul London and Brian Kendrick make short work of local talent Ryan Davidson and Steven Cody, embarrasing the two men with a series of dazzling moves. London hits Cody with a huge Mushroom Stomp before Kendrick puts the contest to bed with the Slicedbread #2, hooking the leg of Cody for an emphatic victory. The champions have little time to celebrate however, as The Briscoe Brother's make their way out to the ring, getting straight in the face of London and Kendrick.

Mark Briscoe gets straight to the point and says that he and his brother want a rematch for the titles. London and Kendrick mock the two and say that they'll have to earn it. Jay and Mark look ready for a fight and say they'll do whatever it takes to get another shot. This statement is met by the entrance music of Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels who make their way to the ring. Jacobs calls the brothers losers and warns the two to step aside and allow Daniels and Jacobs their shot. Jay Briscoe tells the two that they didn't take kindly to their post-match assault the other night, and before you know it a fight breaks out. London and Kendrick wisely roll out of the ring and escape to the back as The Briscoes go at it with Jacobs and Daniels in the ring! Jay and Mark get the better of the two men and clear the ring, sending out a message to both the champions and Jacobs and Daniels.

We are treat to a highlight video from Night II, with still pictures documenting Richie Steamboat's victory over PAC which secured NWA's win in the NWA vs. Japan Series. The main emphasis of the video is on the finish, with Richie winning via a small package, the very same move his father used to defeat Randy Savage at WrestleMania 3. Steamboat will make his Tuesday Night Showcase debut next week.

Candice Michelle is backstage with AJ Styles ahead of his main event championship rematch. Styles says he isn't one to sit and complain, so if Candice wanted an interview where he bemoans his loss and complains about JBL's interference than he is sorry to disappoint her. Styles says what matters is tonight, adding that Galloway was fortunate to get the better of him once, it won't happen again. AJ promises to walk out with the championship belt tonight, adding there is nothing Galloway, Layfield or anyone else can do about it.

In the second match of the night Roderick Strong went up against Justin Walker, a local wrestler from the area. Strong decimated his smaller opponent, torturing him with a series of backbreakers before locking in a Torture Rack. Strong released the hold just before Walker could submit, deciding to 'play' with his opponent and cause more harm. Strong finally puts Walker out of his misery, ending the bout with a devastating Gibson Driver. Strong celebrates his victory and tells the crowd after the match that he "isn't here to make up the numbers". Strong gives his opponent one more backbreaker after the match for the contest before exiting, with the crowd chanting his name in unison.

We return from commercials with the legendary Terry Funk standing in the middle of the ring. Funk looks quite emotional as 'Terry' chants fill the arena. Funk thanks the crowd for their kindness and recalls Austin Aries' behaviour at Flair for the Gold Night I and Night II. Funk questions whether Aries was trying to make a name for himself at his expense, before saying that his main gripe was that Aries' behaviour upset his family and spoilt their night. Funk asks Aries to come to the ring - not to apologise to Terry Funk but to apologise to his family.

Austin Aries makes his way to the ring, wearing a suit and tie as he joins Terry Funk in the ring. Aries looks remorseful before looking at Funk, and cracking up with laughter. Funk asks him what's funny before Aries responds, with a look of hatred and disgust now etched upon his face. Aries scolds Funk and says that Funk should apologise to him for costing him his shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Aries claims that Funk has only himself to blame for upsetting his family, and that it is he that should apologise to his family for spoiling their night. Aries says he'd rather be fired immediately than apologise to a washed-up hasbeen like Terry Funk, branding him an 'apology of a man'.

Funk looks Aries square in the eyes before labelling him a coward. The crowd cheers as Funk blasts Aries, calling him disrespectful and a punk before challenging him to a fight, claiming he has 'no balls'. Aries gets riled up and goes to punch Funk, but Funk beats him to the punch, making him stagger back with a huge right hand. The two trade blows but the younger Aries soon gets on top and beats Funk into the corner. Before he can do any damage however, John Morrison rushes from the back and takes Aries out of the ring with a series of right hands and a huge leg lariat. Aries takes off backstage, furious he wasn't able to inflict any damage on Funk. Morrison helps Funk to his feet with the pair looking on in anger at Aries, who exits with his future up in the air.

The final match of the evening is the NWA World Heavyweight Championship rematch from Flair for the Gold Night II, with AJ Styles taking on champion Drew Galloway. The Texas crowd are fully behind Styles who responds with a breathtaking performance, going close on numerous occasions with Galloway saving his championship belt by getting his foot on the rope after Styles hit him with a stunning Pele Kick. Galloway shows plenty of fight, displaying just why he's champion nearly getting the win following a Northern Lights Suplex. Styles was able to kick out, and continued to perform valiantly, intent on walking out of the George R. Brown Convention Center with the championship belt.

Styles turns it up a notch, feeding off the crowd to gain energy just as he and Galloway began to tire. Styles reverses Galloway's Future Shock attempt, twisting and turning before kicking him in the gut, setting him up for Styles Clash. Galloway squirms and tries to block but it's too late as Styles hooks him in before drilling him into the canvas, the sound of Galloway's body thudding masked out by the cheers and gasps from the onlooking crowd. Styles flips Galloway over, and hooks the leg: One...Two...Thre-No!

The referee isn't able to count to three, as he finds himself on the floor outside. John Bradshaw Layfield is responsible, pulling the official out of the ring before drilling him in the face with a huge forearm. Layfield slides in the ring just as Styles gets to his feet, sweeping Styles down with a thunderous Clothesline From Hell! Galloway returns to his feet to see Layfield standing in front of him, the pair stare at each other for a moment with Galloway looking nervous, worried in case he was next in line for a Clothesline From Hell. A few more seconds pass and finally Galloway breaks out into a smile, with Layfield returning the smile. The two shake hands and embrace, with fans reacting furiously. Rubbish and beer cups are thrown in the two's direction, with the two men standing over the body of AJ Styles. Layfield reaches for a microphone and Galloway's championship belt, awarding the champion his belt before speaking into the microphone.

"Before you stands Drew Galloway, your NWA World Heavyweight Champion! And next to your champion stands noneother than John Bradshaw Layfield.... the official NWA Resurrection General Manager!"

With that bombshell, Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air, the sound of boos and jeers ringing in our ears...

END TUESDAY NIGHT SHOWCASE
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday June 19th, 2012 | Episode II

The George R. Brown Convention Center is once again our host as Kasabian's "Switchblade Smiles" is drowned out by a loud and buzzing Texan crowd, who are anticipating the second edition of Tuesday Night Showcase. Commentators Jim 'JR' Ross and Paul Heyman welcome us to the show, reminding us of the events that transpired during last week's broadcast. The duo are interrupted by the music of John Bradshaw Layfield, who revealed last week he had agreed to become NWA Resurrection's General Manager. The GM is accompanied by the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway who can't hide his delight at the position he is currently in.

Layfield reminds us of last week's main event, and his announcement that the company had chosen him to be their general manager. Layfield claims he will be a fair and admirable general manager, revealing that he will give AJ Styles another shot at the championship, if he is able to win his match later tonight. JBL says if AJ Styles manages to defeat the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick, then he will automatically get a championship shot against Drew Galloway at the next iPPV, 'A Fistful of Matches'.

Galloway is still smiling, going as far as applauding Layfield's decision. Layfield continues, and says that he has been discussing the NWA World Tag Team Championship situation with the champions, London and Kendrick, who he describes as 'two great characters'. Layfield says that together they have formed an innovative way of deciding the number one contenders to the title. He announces that at 'A Fistful of Matches', the Briscoe Brothers and the team of Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels will participate in the 'Three Stage Challenge' - a best out of three series, where the first two matches will be singles contest between respective members of each team, and if it is warranted a third match will see the two teams do battle in a tag team match contested in a fifteen-foot steel cage. The winner of the challenge will receive a title shot for the following iPPV. Layfield ends his announcement by saying that we will get a sneak peek of that match next as The Briscoes take on Jacobs and Daniels in a normal tag team bout.

The first match of the evening sees The Briscoe's take on Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels, just as Layfield had announced. Both teams look fired-up, with their iPPV encounter very much in their minds. The Briscoes start brightest with Jay testing the resolve of Daniels, following a beautiful reverse hurricunrana. Eventually Jacobs and Daniels force their way into the match-up with Jacobs going close following a double foot-stomp to the chest of Mark Briscoe. The match begins to pick up pace, with the fans feeling very much involved in a terrific opening contest.

Daniels goes for the Best Moonsault Ever, but misses as Mark rolls out of the way at the last split second. His brother Jay is occupied with Jimmy Jacobs on the outside, the pair fighting nearby the announce table where champions Londrick are sitting. Paul London takes off his headset and gets in the face of Jay Briscoe. This riles up the younger Briscoe, who lands a punch on the cocky champion, before being attacked by Jacobs who takes advantage of the distraction. The events on the outside have caught the attention of Mark Briscoe in the ring, leaving enough time for Daniels to return to his feet and cheap shot him from behind. Daniels wastes little time, and takes full advantage by lifting Mark back to his feet before delivering the Angel's Wings to score the pinfall.

London and Kendrick mockingly celebrate at ringside having got the better of the Briscoe's once again. Jacobs joins Daniels and celebrates the win in the ring with both Briscoe Brother's down and out, something they won't want a repeat of at 'A Fistful of Matches'.

Alex Shelley welcomes us to what he calls 'the newest and most-exciting segment in wrestling'. Shelley is standing in front of a huge plasma television, with a couple of stools nearby. He reveals to us that we are watching history unfold, welcoming us to the first edition of Shelley's Showcase. Shelley compares himself to Roddy Piper and Chris Jericho, who both had similar segments, claiming he is twice as talented as both men he mentioned. Shelley says before he goes ahead with the show, he'd like to give a special shout-out to John Bradshaw Layfield, who decided not to fine Shelley for not wrestling last week and was instead understanding of his situation. Shelley calls Layfield an 'upstanding member of society', declaring him to be a fine general manager.

Shelley reveals the first ever guest of Shelley's Showcase - Austin Aries! Aries comes out and shakes hands with Shelley and thanks him for the opportunity to be on the show. Aries reveals that John Bradshaw Layfield saved him from being suspended indefinitely, and thanks him for being an 'intelligent and thoughtful' general manager. The two men talk trash about their rivals for a while, coming to the agreement that the NWA would be a better place without washed-up has-beens like Terry Funk and Jerry Lynn, and without posing ass-kissers like John Morrison. The two continue to speak over the boos from the crowd until finally they are interrupted by John Morrison and Jerry Lynn who run down the entrance ramp and towards the ring!

The arrival of the two is met with huge cheers, as they take it to Aries and Shelley, quickly clearing the ring of the two. Aries and Shelley pick themselves up on the outside with Shelley infuriated. Shelley blasts the two men for ruining the first edition of his show, and challenges the two to face him and Austin Aries at 'A Fistful of Matches'. Lynn and Morrison waste little time in accepting, with Aries and Shelley staring them down from the outside.

Richie Steamboat made his television debut against local wrestler Mitch Baxter in the second match of the night. Steamboat received another favourable response from the crowd, which improved tenfold when he displayed a fantastic high-octane offence, proving too much for Baxter. Steamboat gave his opponent headaches, showing great speed and agility. Steamboat flattens Baxter with a huge crossbody, leaving Baxter dazed and confused. Steamboat surprisingly doesn't go for the pin, instead helping Baxter to his feet before rolling him up with a small package for the three count. Steamboat celebrates his first win, with JR at ringside giving him the moniker 'Mr. Small Package'.

Backstage, we see AJ Styles preparing for his main event match. Roderick Strong wishes him good luck, and Styles thanks him, looking slightly despondent. Styles goes back to his stretches as we are treat to a quick video promoting the next iPPV, 'A Fistful of Matches' with the video hyping the fact that the event will take place at the much bigger 'Toyota Center', which is also in Houston, Texas, just a five minute walk away from the George R. Brown Convention Center.

Tuesday Night Showcase's third contest saw Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne in action against local tag team Rick David and Joey Spector. Kingston and Bourne captured the imagination of the Texas crowd with their enthusiastic high-flying approach, coupled with a fantastic display of tag team wrestling. Kingston levelled Spector with Trouble in Paradise before making the tag out to Evan Bourne, who put the exclamation mark on their performance, nailing David with the Shooting Star Press, hooking the leg to give him and his partner the victory.

Post-match, Bourne and Kingston revealed that John Bradshaw Layfield had announced they would be apart of 'NWA vs. Japan Series II' at 'A Fistful of Matches', with the two voicing their excitement at being given the chance to showcase their talent against Japanese counterparts.

Backstage, Drew Galloway is about to step into a limousine but is stopped by Todd Grisham who asks Galloway if he'll be in attendance for the main event match. Galloway sniggers at Grisham's suggestion, and the champion says he knows the result for tonight already. Galloway says Londrick will dismantle Styles, and that he has no interest in staying around to watch. Galloway says he has an invitation to party at some of the biggest bars in Texas, who are all awaiting the arrival of the champion. Galloway tells Grisham to enjoy the main event before stepping into the limo, leaving him behind.

The final match of the night sees AJ Styles struggle against NWA World Tag Team Champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick who deny Styles the opportunity to put together a string of moves to gain momentum and turn the match in his favour. Styles shows glimpses of turning the match on it's head, dropping Kendrick with a step-up enziguri only to see London come in the ring and nail him with a dropsault, derailing any possible momentum. Kendrick looked to have the match won when he nailed Styles with Slicedbread #2 but Styles shocked the champions, putting his foot on the rope at the last split second! This got the cheer of the night and the crowd gained voice, rallying behind Styles as he tried to find a way back into things.

London and Kendrick were relentless however and Styles soon found himself laid out with another dropsault. London took to the top rope ready to end Styles' dream with the London Calling but he was distracted when Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe appeared, coming out of the crowd and into the sight of London. Kendrick was quick to notice this, running the ring apron before taking the two men down with a running. London lost his composure however, and Styles took advantage nailing London with a huge forearm, sending him flying down from the turnbuckle and crashing into the canvas. Styles still had enough energy to pick London up, hooking him in for a Styles Clash to secure the victory, defying the odds General Manager Layfield had stacked against him.

Kendrick comes back into the ring a second too late, furious The Briscoe's had cost him and London the match. Styles rolls out of the ring and celebrates with The Briscoe Brother's who have returned to their feet. The show goes off the air with Jay and Mark Briscoe raising the arms of a smiling AJ Styles who had truly earned himself an NWA World Heavyweight Championship match.

Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this format for these two show Dub. I like the direction you are going with this, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading both shows.

Love this Morrison/Lynn vs Shelley/Aries fued.

JBL is a perfect fit for what you are doing with him as well.

You have done a tremendous job of building this up with only 4 shows man. I'm already stoked for your "Fistfull Of Matches" card. Expect a full review.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday June 26th, 2012 | Episode III

The third edition of Tuesday Night Showcase begins in usual fashion with the heavy tones of British rockers Kasabian fading out and replaced by the excited voices of commentary team Jim 'JR' Ross and Paul Heyman welcoming us from the home of Tuesday Night Showcase - the George R. Brown Convention Center! They quickly recap last week's show and in particular AJ Styles stunning win over the NWA World Tag Team Champions to secure a World Heavyweight Championship match. They are interrupted by a mixture of music and jeers, as a loud 'longhorn' signals the arrival of General Manager John Bradshaw Layfield.

Layfield is accompanied by the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway, the two practically being joined by the hip since Layfield's appointment as GM. Both men look miserable with Styles' victory last week clearly upsetting the two. Galloway recalls last week's main event, which he wasn't in attendance for, and claims that AJ Styles' win was tainted due to the Briscoe Brother's needlessly showing their faces. Galloway continues to complain about the circumstances which led to Styles' win and pleads with Layfield to reconsider Styles' title shot.

The General Manager looks at Galloway for a few moments before a smile appears on his face. Layfield says that Galloway has a valid point and officially rescinds AJ Styles' championship shot, on the grounds that he won it unfairly in the first place. Galloway beams with delight at the news, while the Texan crowd voice their displeasure at the decision. Layfield says that he is a fair man however, stressing the fact that he is an 'honourable and admirable' General Manager, and that AJ Styles will get one final chance to earn a championship opportunity in tonight's main event! Layfield announces the team of AJ Styles and the Briscoe Brother's will take on Drew Galloway and the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Londrick with Styles' title match on the line. If Styles and his team win, then it will be Drew Galloway versus AJ Styles for the title at 'A Fistful of Matches'. If he loses however, he can kiss his championship dreams goodbye.

Roderick Strong took on local talent Will Humphrey in the first match of the evening. Strong played with his opponent like a child with food, lifting Humphrey up before torturing him with an airplane spin finally dropping him on his knee, back-first with a brutal tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. That move could have earned Strong the win there and then, but the big man wasn't done, hoisting Humphrey up in the air before drilling him into the canvas with the Gibson Driver. Strong is finally satisfied, and hooks the leg of his opponent for an emphatic victory.

Post-match, Strong celebrates his victory with JR speculating that Strong may be apart of the NWA vs. Japan Series once again, commenting that he is in a good run of form, and you wouldn't bet against him losing anytime soon. Paul Heyman describes Strong as a thoroughbred with championship potential.

We return from commercials in time for the second match of the night with Richie Steamboat looking to make it two wins in a row, up against another local wrestler named Ryan Thunder. For the second week running, Steamboat impresses with the youngster running rings around his opponent, showcasing great pace and agility while doing so. Steamboat was one step ahead of Thunder for the entire match, punishing his opponent with chops to the chest before slamming him to the canvas with a chickenwing facebuster. Thunder was left dazed and confused as he attempted to return to his feet. Steamboat watched his opponent stagger before rolling him up with an inside cradle to get the three count.

Ross and Heyman rave about Steamboat and how he has the ability to pin his opponent down with a number of different variations. Ross says Richie has huge footsteps to follow but he's doing all the right things thus far. We get a final shot of Steamboat celebrating at ringside with fans, high-fiving a few of the younger fans at ringside.

Backstage, AJ Styles is with Jay and Mark Briscoe. The two brothers tell Styles not to get caught up in Layfield's bullshit, and to keep focused, adding that tonight they both have his back. Styles thanks the two and tells them he won't let Layfield get him down, saying that all he has in his mind is winning the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Styles says that tonight will bring him one step closer to realising that dream, and he's thankful he has the best tag team in the industry to help him along the way. The trio are interrupted by the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick.

Kendrick scoffs at the suggestion that the Briscoe's are the best tag team in the industry, asking Styles if he's colour blind. London tells Styles to look at the gold on his and Kendrick's shoulders, saying that this will be the closest he gets to a championship belt because tonight Londrick and Drew Galloway will crush his dreams. Styles gets up to his feet and into the face of London and Kendrick. The duo laugh before he is joined by Jay and Mark who also get to their feet. The laugh becomes a nervous laugh as London and Kendrick tell the three they'll see them in the ring before quickly exiting. Styles looks riled up, with London and Kendrick seemingly getting into his head before one of the biggest matches of his career.

The third match of the evening features Jerry Lynn and John Morrison taking on Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne with Lynn and Morrison looking to get some experience as a tag team ahead of their match against Austin Aries and Alex Shelley at 'A Fistful of Matches'. Kingston and Bourne meanwhile are looking to get as much match practice they can get ahead of their participation in the NWA vs. Japan Series II.

The four shake hands before the match, and the fans are treated to an exciting, quick-paced spectacle with all four men raring to perform. Kingston and Morrison trade blows, Morrison attempting a springboard but Kofi was wiser and was able to dodge Morrison's attempt before sending him flying out of the ring with a headscissors. Bourne thinks fast entering the ring, and springboarding off his partner's back towards the outside where he takes Morrison down with a plancha. Lynn enters the ring, and ducks Kofi's leg lariat attempt before nearly taking his head off with a discus clothesline. Lynn takes charge, and begins to pick up momentum but is derailed by a voice calling out from the entrance ramp.

"Hey old man Lynn, did you forget about us?"

The crowd yell and boo towards the entrance ramp where Alex Shelley and Austin Aries come into view. The two bask in the cold reception, slowly walking down towards the ring with Lynn watching their every move. The two see Evan Bourne returning to his feet after taking out Morrison, and quickly attack him with lefts and rights, kicking him on the floor until Jerry Lynn and Kofi Kingston rolled out of the ring and chased both men to the back before they could cause any proper damage. Shelley and Aries had achieved what they set out to do however, and had caused the match to come to an abrupt end with Lynn and Morrison losing through disqualification. John Morrison helps Bourne back on his feet as Lynn and Kingston return to ringside, with the four men as well as the crowd furious that Aries and Shelley had ruined an exciting and evenly matched contest.

John Bradshaw Layfield summons Richie Steamboat and Roderick Strong to his office. Layfield commends the two on their 'crucial' performance in the previous NWA vs. Japan Series and tells the two men that they will once again represent NWA in the next series at 'A Fistful of Matches'. Both stars thanks Layfield for the opportunity and tell him he won't be let down.

Backstage, Todd Grisham catches up with Austin Aries and Alex Shelley who try to make their exits, just minutes after sabotaging Jerry Lynn and John Morrison's tag team match. Aries blows off Grisham completely, jumping in his 4x4 car telling Shelley to hurry up and jump in. Shelley can't resist but speak into Grisham's microphone, and tells Grisham that him and Aries won't sit back and let NWA's future be written by the washed-up like Lynn, and the posers that create a false representation of real wrestlers, like Morrison. Shelley says him and Aries are going to rewrite the script and 'A Fistful of Matches' will mark the first chapter of the Shelley and Aries era, and a new dawn in professional wrestling.

It's main event time, and the team of AJ Styles, Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe take on the team of champions, Drew Galloway, Paul London and Brian Kendrick with a championship opportunity for AJ Styles on the line. Styles' team start the brighter, looking fired-up with the Briscoe's also wanting to prove they are just as good as the tag champions, if not better. Jay Briscoe took out some of his anger on the face of Paul London with a nasty leg lariat before sending him dizzy with a spinning electric chair drop. Styles looked on top of his game, and importantly didn't let the words of London and Kendrick earlier get to him.

Gradually the opposing team got into the swing of things, with Galloway determined not to let Styles get an opportunity at his championship. Galloway swept Mark Briscoe off his feet with a huge big boot, before catching an oncoming Jay Briscoe with a quick powerslam, showcasing both speed and power. Galloway showed qualities of being a great leader, as he urged London and Kendrick to follow his lead as the match raged on.

Styles' hopes began to look bleak, as the opposing team began to overpower him and the Briscoe's. Finally he saw an opening, propelling his own partner Jay Briscoe into Galloway and Kendrick on the ring apron knocking them both down. The two Briscoe's followed up with a breathtaking double suicide dive, taking down Galloway and Kendrick once again, leaving Paul London alone with AJ Styles in the ring. London got the better of Styles initially, hitting him down with a dropsault seemingly winding Styles and keeping him knocked down. London took to the top and went for London Calling but Styles rolled out the way! London saw it coming however landing on his feet, showing impressive agility! London turned but walked into a massive Pele Kick by Styles. Styles wasted little time in climbing the top turnbuckles, landing a huge Spiral Tap before hooking the leg of London to defy Layfield and Galloway for the second week running!

Styles got back to his feet and began celebrating his victory, but on the outside his two partners Jay and Mark Briscoe were blind-sighted, cheap-shotted from behind by Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels unbeknownst to Styles, in the ring. Daniels and Jacobs took advantage of the tired Briscoe Brothers, attacking them on the outside while Galloway and Kendrick re-entered the ring. Styles finally came to his senses but it was too late, he was left alone in the ring with his three opponents.

Styles rushed at Galloway but Kendrick tackled him down and started beating Styles with lefts and rights. Styles fought out, bettering Kendrick but Galloway joined in and the numbers games proved too much. Galloway helped London to his feet as Kendrick took Styles by the neck and planted him into the canvas with Slicedbread #2. Galloway barked orders at London who went to the top rope, delivering London Calling, winding Styles in the process. The beatdown elicited an uproar from the watching crowd, who voiced their anger at the scenes they were witnessing. Galloway put an end to the assault, levelling Styles with the Futue Shock before bending down and talking to his soon-to-be challenger, screaming in his face that he won't take his title away from him. Styles is out cold but Galloway continues to shout and scream at him.

Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air with the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Londrick standing tall while the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway continues to talk trash to a lifeless AJ Styles.....

Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-June 29, 2012

VIVA LAS RESURRECTION

NWA board of directors today called a press conference to announce that NWA Resurrection will branch out of Texas for iPPV events only, beginning with the third iPPV event 'Fear and Loathing' which will take place from none other than Las Vegas!

The Smith Center in Las Vegas will play host to the third iPPV event entitled 'Fear and Loathing' with the company's figure, Steve Austin voicing his excitement ahead of the event.

"It was never our plan to stay exclusive to the Texas area. We always wanted to branch out but first we needed to test the waters," Austin said. "The response has been nothing short of fantastic thus far. It's been that great that our second iPPV has sold 10,000 tickets already which is nearly ten times the amount we had in the George R. Brown Convention Center for our first event.

"It's pretty obvious we're quickly attracting a wide fanbase and it's in both our best interests to make the most of that. That's why the decision to branch out with iPPV's became an easy and sudden decision to make."

Austin revealed several host cities had been in touch to try and host NWA Resurrection's iPPV's and that many agreements are already in place. Austin said himself and the board of directors couldn't look past Vegas for their first out-of-Texas event.

"Vegas was a no-brainer. The iPPV 'Fear and Loathing' ties in with Vegas, with the inspiration being Hunter S. Thompson's novel of the same name. We've got some pretty exciting plans for the event, I won't spoil anything but it's going to be an awesome show and we can't thank the guys at The Smith Center enough for letting us host our iPPV there."

Austin also said that there are no plans as of writing to move Tuesday Night Showcase from it's current location, with the company satisfied with it emanating from the George R. Brown Convention Center each week for the foreseeable future.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday July 3rd, 2012 | Episode IV

Jim Ross and Paul Heyman welcome us to the fourth edition of Tuesday Night Showcase, struggling to talk over the noise coming from the 1,200 strong faithful in the George R. Brown Convention Center. Ross and Heyman recap last week's show with the main highlight being AJ Styles once again defying John Bradshaw Layfield and Drew Galloway to earn an NWA World Heavyweight Championship shot at 'A Fistful of Matches'. JR speculates whether the general manager will attempt to throw any other obstacles in the way of AJ Styles in the run-up to the iPPV.

The familiar music of John Bradshaw Layfield blasts over the personal announcement system, met with jeers and boos from the Texan crowd. The General Manager is once again accompanied by NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway. Layfield infuriates the crowd by claiming that AJ Styles still hasn't truly earned the opportunity to face Galloway for the championship, saying Styles wasn't able to pin Galloway and prove to both Layfield and the champion that he's worthy of a shot. The cocky Galloway proposes they give Styles one more chance to redeem himself in a handicap match against Galloway and Layfield in tonight's main event. Layfield smiles saying he loves the idea.

The two are interrupted by the theme music of AJ Styles who charges towards the ring. Styles says he has cleared every obstacle Layfield has so far but is sick of playing games. Styles brands the general manager as 'corrupt' and 'power hungry' which Galloway takes offence to. Galloway gets in the face of Styles who shoves Galloway before tackling him to the ground, and the two begin to brawl! Layfield calls out security who quickly split the two up, taking Styles out of the ring. Layfield is red-faced but takes great pleasure in telling Styles that the match tonight is a No Disqualifications match, and to make matters worse Layfield will fire anyone who attempts to help Styles. Layfield says Styles to get ready because tonight's match is his 'Last Chance Saloon'.

The first match of the evening features Paul London, Jay Briscoe and Jimmy Jacobs in three-way action. All three men shine in a fast-paced opening contest which is tainted when Christopher Daniels appears trying to distract Jay Briscoe. His plan backfires when Mark Briscoe rushes to the ring, nearly taking Daniels' head off with a stiff lariat. London takes advantage however, dropsaulting the distracted Briscoe into Jacobs sending Jacobs crashing out of the ring. Briscoe stumbles into the direction of London who sweeps him from behind with a German Suplex, bridging the pin for a successful three count! London rolls out of the ring and celebrates his win as officials seperate Mark Briscoe from Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels, with the feud between the two teams gaining even more momentum.

Alex Shelley and Austin Aries are in the ring for another edition of Shelley's Showcase. The two mock the crowd eliciting more boos and jeers, before Shelley reveals that this week's guest is none other than Terry Funk. The crowd cheer with approval when they hear the theme music of the legendary Funk, but their cheers soon return to boos as Aries and Shelley howl in laughter. Shelley calls the crowd gullible before Aries talks trash about Funk calling him a toothless, brainless has-been. Shelley and Aries trade insults directed at Funk until his theme music hits the personal announcement system once again.

Shelley and Aries freeze in horror, oblivious to what is happening. Their attention is diverted as Jerry Lynn and John Morrison come out of the crowd and hit the ring. Shelley and Aries rush at their opponents but are knocked down, Morrison connecting with the Chuck Kick to the side of Aries' head with Lynn knocking Shelley down and out of the ring with a leg lariat. Aries and Shelley scurry out of the ring and to the back with Lynn and Morrison standing tall in the ring, getting the better of their cocky opponents.

Richie Steamboat and Roderick Strong prepare for their participation in the NWA vs. Japan Series II by taking on local tag team Eddie Lennon and Kurt Hendrix. Steamboat and Strong win comfortably, even displaying some double-team maneuvers, displaying they are on the same page and both focused on helping NWA to a second win over their Japanese opponents at 'A Fistful of Matches'. The match concludes when Strong tags out to Steamboat, hitting a huge backbreaker on Hendrix, keeping Hendrix bent over his back while Steamboat came flying off the top with a leg drop. Hendrix sickeningly snapped back into the canvas allowing Steamboat to hook the leg for an emphatic victory. Steamboat and Strong shake hands after the match with JR announcing that they will find out their opponents in the coming week.

Backstage, Todd Grisham is standing by with the champion Drew Galloway. Grisham says that for the past two weeks AJ Styles has overcome the odds, and asks Galloway what makes him think that he can't do the unthinkable for a third time. Galloway patronizes Grisham, and reminds him and all of us of the stipulations, and stresses the fact that Styles was fortunate to win the past two weeks and won't be lucky enough to be fortunate on the third time of asking. Galloway ends the interview by declaring that he will never surrender the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

The third match of the evening sees Brian Kendrick go up against Mark Briscoe and Christopher Daniels in a match showcasing the other members of the three tag teams that featured earlier in the night. Kendrick starts the better of the two men, tactically allowing them to fight between themselves before feeding on the scraps and as a result going close to victory in the early goings. The match doesn't go past five minutes however as Jimmy Jacobs and Jay Briscoe come spilling out of the backstage area onto the entrance ramp, brawling. This catches the attention of both their respective partners who soon join them on the ramp and we have a four-way brawl on our hands. Kendrick looks on bemused but delighted that his and London's potential opponents are tearing each apart before they even have the chance to face other for a shot at Londrick's titles.

We see a video promoting NWA Resurrection's third iPPV, 'Fear and Loathing', which will take place in Las Vegas, the first Resurrection event to take place out of Texas. The hype video highlights Vegas' night life and gambling culture, hinting that it may influence the event in some way.

In the main event AJ Styles battles with Drew Galloway and John Bradshaw Layfield. Styles starts off brighter, getting the better of Galloway causing a scare with a sunset flip, going close to a quick victory but Galloway managed to kick out before three. Styles couldn't capitalise from his impressive start with Layfield's tactics on the ring apron, leaving Styles at a disadvantage. Layfield showed no signs of wanting tagged into the match, instead being content to bark orders and instructions from the apron, taking pleasure in watching Galloway decimate Styles in the ring. Galloway set Styles up for the Future Shock looking to put the match to bed but Styles resisted, blocking the move and dropping Galloway over his shoulder. Galloway regrouped and went back on the attack, thwarting Styles' attempt to get back into the match with a huge big boot. Galloway picked up a fallen Styles, but before he could finish him off, Layfield pleaded to be tagged in to do the honour himself.

Galloway thought about it for a moment before throwing Styles to the ground and tagging Layfield into the match. Layfield pompously enters the ring, posing in front of the fans gaining him more boos. He laughed in delight before raising his arm signalling for the Clothesline From Hell. His attention was diverted however when a figure rushed out of the crowd, and swept Drew Galloway off the ring apron before leveling the champion with a huge right hand!

Shawn Michaels!

The crowd lose their minds as Shawn Michaels stares at Layfield from outside the ring. 'HBK' chants fill the George R. Brown Convention Center as Shawn Michaels steps into the ring with Layfield frozen in disbelief. Layfield looks around the arena in complete shock, as if he were standing face to face with a ghost. He snaps out of his shock and rushes towards Michaels only to be sent crashing down to the canvas with Sweet Chin Music! The Texan crowd roar with delight, unable to contain their ecstasy at the events unfolding in the ring. AJ Styles comes back to, in the ring and crawls towards Layfield hooking the leg to secure the victory! Galloway returns to his feet, unable to drag himself back in the ring in time.

The crowd's reaction to the pinfall dwarfs anything else heard so far. Shawn Michaels helps AJ Styles to his feet, raising his arm in the air as the fans voice their delight chanting 'This is awesome!'. Drew Galloway watches on from outside, horrified at what has transpired. Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air with the image of Shawn Michaels and AJ Styles standing tall in the ring...

Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday July 10th, 2012 | Episode V

Kasabian's introductory theme song is this week accompanied by a picture of black and white stills that recaps Shawn Michaels shocking appearance in last week's main event. The theme and pictures fade away and are replaced by the voices Jim Ross and Paul Heyman who welcome us to the final stop before 'A Fistful of Dollars' with the George R. Brown Convention Center coming into view. The camera pans around the modest venue, capturing shots of several Shawn Michaels related signs in the crowd. The roof nearly comes off the place when the Heartbreak Kid's infamous theme song blasts over the personal announcement system.

Shawn Michaels revels in the spotlight for a moment, almost overwhelmed by the reaction he is receiving. Finally it quietens down and Shawn is able to speak. He informs us that the Board of Directors aren't in the slightest bit impressed by John Bradshaw Layfield's partiality and unfairness towards AJ Styles and that he took it upon himself last week to stop Layfield from trying to screw over Styles once again. HBK adds that he has been sent here tonight to tell John Bradshaw Layfield that a contract signing will take place tonight between AJ Styles and Drew Galloway to confirm that a championship match will take place at 'A Fistful of Dollars' and if Layfield and Galloway don't comply, Layfield will be dismissed of his duties and Galloway will be forced to vacate his championship.

This bombshell brings out an irate John Bradshaw Layfield who is beside himself at the news. Layfield says that he will be in Galloway's corner for the championship match and that NWA's golden boy won't be able to beat the champion, even if it's what Micheals and the board want. Michaels counters by saying he will also be attending, and will be in the corner of the challenger AJ Styles to make sure that Layfield doesn't attempt anything. Layfield is incensed and the segment ends with both men in a face-off.

The first match of the evening features Roderick Strong and Richie Steamboat who face off against one another to 'up' their preparation for their respective matches at 'A Fistful of Dollars'. Jim Ross informs us that Roderick Strong will be representing NWA against New Japan Pro Wrestling's Low Ki, while NWA's Richie Steamboat will go one on one with Dragon Gate's Dragon Kid.

The two don't hold back in an enthralling opening contest. Steamboat goes close to a near fall in the first few minutes, giving Strong a tough time with his speed and agility. Strong works his way into the match as it goes on, catching Steamboat mid-springboard crossbody attempt, before punishing him with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. The move took the wind out of Steamboat, and allowed Strong to gain some momentum as he looked to try and put away his opponent. Steamboat proved to be relentless, with Strong finding it hard to keep the youngster down. Steamboat showed great adversity, not willing to give into any of the torturous holds applied by Strong.

Steamboat found an opening, working his way out of Strong's sleeper hold before punishing him with chops to the chest before a final mongolian chop around the head, leaving Strong staggering. Steamboat saw an opportunity, running the ropes before putting all of his body weight behind a huge dropkick that resulted in Strong flying out of the ring. Steamboat took a breather, looking slightly fatigued as a dazed Strong came back to his feet on the outside only to be taken back to the floor by an oncoming Steamboat who flew through the ropes to take his opponent down! The two men nastily crashed into the announce table with Steamboat hurting himself just as much as he hurt Strong. The two men ended up being counted out, only returning to their feet at the count of nine before failing to make it back into the ring at in time. The two tired competitors shook hands following the bout, with Jim Ross and Paul Heyman full of praise for the effort displayed by the two men ahead of 'A Fistful of Dollars'.

Backstage, Drew Galloway is absolutely furious concerning Shawn Michaels' announcement that Styles versus Galloway will go ahead at 'A Fistful of Dollars', saying that he will destroy Styles at the event and send out a message to the rest of the roster. John Bradshaw Layfield calms the champion down and says he has an idea for tonight. Galloway looks intrigued as the segment ends.

The second match of the evening sees Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne go head-to-head with The Briscoe Brothers, with both teams looking for a win to give them confidence going into their respective iPPV match-ups. Jim Ross reveals Kofi and Bourne will take on NOAH's team of KENTA and Naomichi Marafuji at 'A Fistful of Dollars' this Friday night.

Both teams impress with the fans being treat to an evenly matched, high octane contest. The Briscoe's look to have the advantage when Mark punishes Bourne with multiple throat thrusts before connecting with a leg lariat, but Bourne shows great grit and determination, kicking out and from there found enough momentum to make the tag to his partner. Kingston was full of energy, and leapt onto the ropes before coming off with a missile dropkick, taking down Mark Briscoe with ease, before springing back up and nailing Jay Briscoe on the ring apron with a flying forearm! Kingston turned around only to walk into a belly-to-back suplex by Mark Briscoe, who managed to gain a few seconds breathing time as well as derailing Kofi's momentum.

The match came to a conclusion when Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels came to ringside, armed with steel chairs. This caught the attention of Mark Briscoe who had returned to his feet. He tried to not let it faze him as he turned his attentions back to Kofi Kingston but Kingston surprised him with an inside cradle to get the three count! Briscoe burst out a second too late, with his brother Jay unable to arrive in time to break the pinfall. There was no time to celebrate or commiserate for either team however as Jacobs and Daniels slithered into the ring, before attacking the four men with steel chair shots. The two finally ended the reckless attack satisfied with their work, as Jacobs took a microphone from ringside. Jacobs said that he and Daniels were sick and tired of being overlooked, and that they won't continue to 'play games'. Christopher Daniels announces that this is just the beginning of their dominance in NWA Resurrection and that Friday Night, they will secure their championship opportunity.

Backstage, Shawn Michaels enters the dressing room of AJ Styles and the two shake hands. Michaels says he has been impressed with Styles' resilience and how his test of character has remained intact even with John Bradshaw Layfield doing everything in his power to try and break him down. Michaels tells Styles he is a great man as well as a great wrestler. Shawn promises that NWA and Styles will no longer be affected by Layfield's negligence and partiality. AJ thanks Shawn for watching his and the other guy's backs and says that he will make the most of the shot he's getting at 'A Fistful of Dollars'.

The third match of the evening sees Austin Aries up against Jerry Lynn. Lynn gets the better of his opponent in the early goings, which frustrates Aries. Aries keeps trying to build up an offence but each time he is denied by Lynn, who keeps firing back with lefts and rights before taking down Aries with a picture-perfect dropkick. Aries rolls out of the ring, kicking the steel steps nearby in frustration. Aries stares at Lynn in the ring before putting his hands on hips and shaking his head in disgust. Aries goes to roll back in the ring but thinks better of it and slowly walks up the entrance ramp. Lynn thinks about waiting in the ring, but wants to fight and instead rolls out of the ring and chases Aries only to stop in his tracks when Alex Shelley comes onto the entrance ramp, dragging a bloody and unconscious body behind him.

That body belongs to John Morrison. Lynn freezes before Aries turns back and goes to attack Lynn. Lynn fights back and the two trade blows but it becomes a 2-on-1 fight as Shelley leaves a battered Morrison and joins the fight. Aries and Shelley overpower Lynn and put the boots to him as he falls to the ground. The two men roll Lynn in the ring, with Aries hoisting Lynn up before nailing him into the canvas with a devastating Brainbuster! Shelley laughs at a fallen Lynn before running towards the ropes and hitting Lynn with a Lionsault, capping off a cowardly attack by the two men. Aries and Shelley celebrate together in the ring, having caused damage to both Lynn and Morrison just days ahead of their iPPV tag match.

Jim Ross and Paul Heyman plug 'A Fistful of Matches' available on iPPV this Friday night, July 13th. Ross says tickets are still on sale for the event at the Toyota Center, Houston, Texas with the event shaping up to be the event of the year. Paul Heyman runs through the card including the NWA vs. Japan Series II, the Three Stage Challenge that will determine a number one contender to the tag team championship as well as Jerry Lynn and John Morrison versus Austin Aries and Alex Shelley in a match stemming from a lack of respect shown from Aries and Shelley for some of pro-wrestling's greats. Finally, Jim Ross puts over the main event of the evening saying Drew Galloway will defend his NWA World Championship against AJ Styles with John Bradshaw Layfield and Shawn Michaels in the corner of each man. Ross reminds viewers that the iPPV is available for a small charge, and that it would be criminal to miss such fantastic action.

In the final segment of the night, AJ Styles and NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway are both out in the ring with Styles accompanied by Shawn Michaels and Galloway with John Bradshaw Layfield. Layfield shoots Michaels an evil stare before telling both men to take a seat at the table in front of them where they will see a contract. Layfield says Styles the challenger will sign first. Styles checks over the contract and seems happy, and asks Michaels to also read it for approval. Michaels scans through the contract and nods in approval - Styles wastes little time in signing his name on the dotted line and tells Galloway to sign his championship away. Galloway simply stares at Styles before going to sign his contract but he's disturbed as the NWA World Tag Team Champions hit the ring. Paul London and Brian Kendrick go straight for Shawn Michaels, with the two men attacking him to the floor. Styles goes for the save but he and Michaels soon find themselves on the receiving end of a 4-on-2 attack with Layfield joining the champions, delivering boots to the two men.

Layfield bellows with laughter as the George R. Brown Convention Center almost erupts with deafening boos. Layfield stands and admires his plan, happy that it has proved fruitful as London and Kendrick continue to attack the Heartbreak Kid. Galloway meanwhile busts open AJ Styles, delivering a big message to his challenger by signing the contract in AJ Styles' blood.

Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air with Galloway holding both the bloodied contract and his NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the air, standing over a fallen AJ Styles and Shawn Michaels.

Last edited by WMS; 07-02-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Sit down. Be humble.

Thread Information