SKIP AHEAD TO SEASON 2
    NEW 2013 - Updated Bios

Part 1
    New Era Wrestling

Part 2
    Total New Era Wrestling

+++++

+++++

@Orlando_Guy75: Minding my own business at an FCW show when these guys walk in: http://i.imgur.com/Hs8yo.jpg
    +++++

Shelley & Sabin FCW Fallout

With the sudden appearance of a new Twitter account, @NEW_CEO, speculation and wild rumors are at an all-time high.

The account, which has yet to be verified, appears to be the account of someone calling themselves the New Era Wrestling CEO. Even more shocking, the only tweet from the account so far shows a picture of Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, a.k.a. The Motor City Machine Guns, signing autographs at an FCW show.

WWE HQ appears to be ignoring the situation, with nobody commenting on the appearance of TNA's highly-decorated Motor City Machine Guns arriving at a WWE developmental show.

Sources that were at the show say that Shelley and Sabin arrived just before the main event, wandered through the crowd on the floor, signing autographs and taking pictures. Pro Wrestling Observer were able to catch up with FCW Champion Seth Rollins, who appeared in the main event in a non-title match against Leo Kruger. Rollins had this to say about the appearance:

"I have no idea why they were there, but regardless of their reasoning, I found the whole thing to be incredibly disrespectful. Not only is this supposed 'NEW CEO' shamelessly living in the past, but [Shelley & Sabin] participating was a slap in the face of the sport I love."

"They can play innocent all they want; they knew what they were doing by showing up there. They completely underminded what was supposed to be the high point of the evening and I'd be saying the same thing whether I was involved in the main event or not. Everyone was busy with autographs and pictures...it was distracting. The night felt like a complete waste."
    Perhaps in an attempt to save face, tnawrestling.com has reported that Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin have both received 30 day suspensions for 'breach of contract'. TNA has said nothing more of the situation.

As we all know, just under 6 months ago, we saw the epic conclusion to an all-out war between now-defunct TNEW and the WWE. While the dust has settled and everyone has got on with their lives since, it appears that some things might never die.

PW.com will be following this developing story closely.

+++++

Shelley & Sabin QUIT!

Shocking developments after the 'FCW Incident', which now appears to be more than it appeared.

Just 72 hours after tnawrestling.com reported that The Motor City Machine Guns, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, had been suspended for 30 days for participating in the 'FCW Incident', tnawrestling.com is now reporting that Shelley & Sabin have quit.

The statement, posted at tnawrestling.com just moments ago, reads as the following:

"It is with deep regret that Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling is parting ways with Patrick Martin (Alex Shelley) and Joshua Harter (Chris Sabin). Both had pending contract renewals that were to be addressed after their suspension, but both men have chosen to not renew with TNA at this time."

"We wish Mr. Martin and Mr. Harter all the best in their future endeavours."
    While Shelley & Sabin haven't made an official comment yet, it's hard to ignore the fact that this quite possibly has something to do with the mysterious 'NEW CEO'. The mysterious Twitter account posted a tweet earlier today, simply saying that there was a major announcement coming today, and added "#madeindetroit".

Clearly @NEW_CEO knew of Martin and Harter's resignation from TNA before the news broke, which isn't helping the rampant rumors flying about the sports entertainment world. This news all but confirms that we're seeing some kind of New Era Wrestling resurrection.

Who was behind the camera that night in Orlando? Is it the same person behind the phantom Twitter account? Whoever it is, we're as stumped as you are.

Sources at the FCW show are hazy on the situation, but if the real NEW CEO was behind the camera that night, nobody noticed who he or she was. But if this person is trying to keep their identity a secret, it would be foolish of them to actually be at the event, and likely sent someone else in their place.

Still, this is an exciting time in the world of sports entertainment. Stay tuned.

+++++

Exclusive Interview with Shane McMahon

Amidst all the wild speculation coming off the appearance of the Motor City Machine Guns at an FCW event last week and their eventual resignation from TNA, along with the appearance of a strange Twitter account with the handle @NEW_CEO that appears to be able to predict the future, PW.com representatives had the priviledge of sitting down one-on-one with none other than former NEW Owner & CEO, Shane McMahon, at his office in Colorado.

The full interview can be seen in our Archives section, but here are the excerpts that pertain to the FCW incident and the speculation to follow:

-PW "So, tell us straight Shane: are you the infamous "NEW CEO"?"

-Shane McMahon (laughing) "If I were, would I tell you and ruin the surprise?"

-PW "So there IS a surprise!?"

-Shane McMahon "I have no idea. This is all incredibly surreal, and I've shrugged it off as a fan that can't get over the fact that NEW is gone forever. Or at least I did until Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin left TNA. Very interesting development if you ask me."

-PW "Something definitely seems to be up, that's for sure. So you aren't the NEW CEO then?"

-Shane McMahon "Well, I was. But that part of me died when TNEW said goodbye."

-PW "So what's your take on the situation then? We're dying to know."

-Shane McMahon "Well, everyone seems to be talking about the pending resurrection of New Era Wrestling. Honestly, if it were being resurrected, I think I'd know about it. The secrecy surrounding this whole thing is very strange to me."

-PW "So there is no current standing official for New Era Wrestling at this point?"

-Shane McMahon "Right. I won't get into all the boring details about ownership, copyrights, and all those other legalities, but yeah, pretty much."

-PW "So a resurrection of the company could be possible without your permission."

-Shane McMahon "Well, no. I would still have to sign over all the rights and ownership, and I'd be glad to do so if the right person approached me. But that hasn't happened yet."

-PW "Wow! So all this business is taking place before anyone has even approached you about buying the rights to New Era Wrestling? That seems incredibly confident."

-Shane McMahon (laughing) "Yeah, confident and probably stupid. Although it just goes to show that whoever this person is, he or she has incredible amounts of confidence in the company's ability to survive and succeed. Can't say I'd argue with them either. New Era Wrestling has proven itself over the years, amongst other things."

-PW "Indeed it has."

-Shane McMahon "Yeah, but after everything that happened just six months ago, I hope whoever this 'CEO' is doesn't take the same path I took. I mean, I understand where people are coming from. Everything that happened with the NEW Invasion of TNA is still fresh on people's minds, but c'mon..that's done with. It was the perfect ending to a great story, and I'd be a fool to even think about something like that again. This CEO will hopefully feel the same way, should this ever move beyond rampant speculation."

-PW "Two of the four Originators showed up at an FCW show just under half a year after the TNEW/WWE war, then quit TNA three days later after receiving suspensions. That's a big step, and hardly speculation."

-Shane McMahon "That's very true. I guess I'll just have to sit back and watch like everyone else. I'm incredibly anxious to see where this is going."

-PW "Well we believe you, but you know how the fans out there can be. Convince them that Shane McMahon has nothing to do with this apparent resurrection of New Era Wrestling."

-Shane McMahon "How many reasons do you want? Look where we are nearly 6 months after the end of TNEW. Do you really think it's in my best interest to try and convince everyone involved to do something like that again? Do you think I'm going to convince CM Punk to walk away from being WWE Champion? How can you have New Era Wrestling without The Originators? Without Stevie Richards? Without 90% of the NEW Originals?"

"Do you have any idea how much the TNEW/WWE war cost me? I spent more money than I made providing the end to what I thought was an amazing story. I guess it's a compliment that the fans want more, but it's simply not something that is going to happen. At least not from me, anyway. I don't know how to say it more clearly than that."

As we said, the rest of the interview can be seen in our Archives section. PW.com discussed in length Shane's plans for the future, his position as CEO of YOU On Demand, married life, and much more.

+++++

Dixie Carter Speaks Out

Late this afternoon, TNA President Dixie Carter spoke out about the crazy events surrounding the FCW Incident, the dismissal of The Motor City Machine Guns, and the strange Twitter account, @NEW_CEO

In a phone interview with ProWrestling Observer, Ms. Carter had the following to say:

On Shelley & Sabin's dismissal:

"I won't sit here and tell you that the FCW Incident didn't have anything to do with Alex and Chris walking away from the company. It did, but to what extent, I have no idea. I'm just as shocked as you are."
    On the FCW Incident:

"TNA and its affiliates had absolutely nothing to do with [Shelley & Sabin] appearing at the FCW show. Had I or anyone else within the company known what they were planning on doing, we would have put a stop to it."

"I extend my apologies to FCW, the WWE, Seth Rollins, Leo Kruger, and anyone else that was affected by the incident."
    And on the NEW Twitter account:

"I have no comment on that, other than this: whoever is behind it had better think about what they're doing. Stepping on toes gets you nowhere fast in this business."
    Looks like Ms. Carter and everyone at TNA are in full damage control. After the events that transpired between the now-defunct TNEW and the WWE just 6 months ago, who can blame them?

Clearly TNA have no part in whatever is going on with this sudden New Era Wrestling speculation, but one question still remains: what of Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin?

+++++

NEW CEO Revealed!

It's official: the mysterious NEW CEO is none other than Adam Copeland, better known as former WWE & NEW/TNEW World Champion, Edge.

The following photo has been posted on Twitter, @NEW_CEO:

Spoiler

The post came late last night, around 12:30AM ET. With the date stamped on the picture, it appears we'll be getting lots of answers in just a few short days.

This sudden reveal makes perfect sense, considering how things ended with Edge and TNEW six months ago.

Before leaving TNEW, then-Manager and former NEW Owner & CEO Shane McMahon handed over managerial duties to the then-TNEW World Champion, Edge. Shane McMahon later said that he realized his time in TNEW was over, and handed the reigns to the only person he could trust to finish out the war with the WWE in the way he saw fit.

Almost two years ago, Copeland left the WWE under strange circumstances. After announcing his retirement due to complications from several injuries to his back, the WWE slandered Copeland and said he was fired due to an addiction to pain killers. This, while completely untrue, also enraged Copeland, who lashed out at the WWE during his first appearance in TNA and the subsequent arrival of the NEW Originals.

Things were rocky between Copeland and the NEW Originals early-on, when Edge turned on them in order to align himself with Eric Bischoff, where he was rewarded with the TNEW World Championship. Of course as we all know and as time would tell, this was all part of Copeland's ultimate plan to win the audience and expose all authority figures in TNEW (Shane McMahon included) as the useless figureheads they truly are.

Shane took this to heart, and thus handed over his duties. Copeland was reluctant, but led his side to victory at Main Attraction XV just over six months ago.

When the war was over, Copeland left the company roughly 30 days later, giving up managerial power to a returning Jeff Jarrett. Since then, we've heard nothing of Copeland or New Era Wrestling, until now.

In our interview with Shane McMahon earlier this week, he made it obvious that if the right person approached him and asked for the rights to New Era Wrestling, he wouldn't say no. In hindsight, it was obvious that the man who would do that, the man who would resurrect New Era Wrestling, was Adam Copeland all along.

+++++

New Era Wrestling - Official Press Video Highlights

Earlier today, New Era Wrestling CEO Adam Copeland released an official press video, filmed at his home in Asheville, NC. The video went into tremendous detail about the resurrection of New Era Wrestling and can be seen in our Videos section in its entirety.

The video, uploaded on YouTube at 8:00AM ET, has already reached 200,000 views in just a few short hours, and that number is climbing as you read this.

While we highly encourage that you watch the video in full, here is the transcript for those of you that don't have that option:

Spoiler
    +++++

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: RT's New Era Wrestling

Current Champion
    Dean Ambrose

Previous Champions

Spoiler

The original NEW World Championship has been re-created to exemplify the grand history of the company. A gleaming platinum face accented with diamonds graces a white leather strap, and is a testament to its greatest holder, the man that has ressurected the company, Edge.

The men who will hold this belt in the future will need to prove to the people, the company, and themselves, that they are truly worthy of holding the most prestigous of awards.

Current Champion
    VACANT

Previous Champions

Spoiler

This title is the epitome of NEW's unorthodox style and show-stealing history. The holder of the Contender's Championship finds himself in an incredible position, for he holds in his grasp a one way ticket to the top.

The Contender's Champion can 'cash in' his title at any time to face the NEW World Champion, so long as 24 hours have passed since being awarded the title. However, the Contender's Champion must also defend his title a minimum of every 30 days, or the title will be vacated. Also, when the reigning Contender's Champion is involved in any match, regardless of how long he has been Champion, the title is up for grabs and a new Contender's Champion can be crowned if the reigning Champ is pinned or submits.

It's been said that the Contender's Champion immediately earns himself more enemies than all the other Champions combined, which is why the title's bronze face is engraved with a picture of the Greek titan Atlas. That image, along with the title's blood-red strap, constantly reminds the title holder of what his success has earned him, and what waits for him should he choose to cash in his shot at the top.

Current Champions
    Bro Canada!

Previous Champions

Spoiler

The resurrection of New Era Wrestling also sees the resurrection of a forgotten art: the art of tag team wrestling. The belts stick with the traditional colours of gold on black, and the centre piece is wrapped with a large, unbroken gold chain, which symbolizes the strength and unity that each tag team needs in order to rise up, win, and hold on to the NEW Tag Team titles.

Current Champion
    Eddie Kingston

Previous Champions

Spoiler

New Era Wrestling is taking everything back to its roots, including the Television Championship, which must be defended by its holder at every single televised event.

This title will prove to be held only by the true 'iron men' of NEW; the men with the stamina, courage, and fan support that they will so desperately need in order to call themselves the Television Champion week in and week out.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shows

NEW's first Pay-Per-View of the year will be held in early February, and will be the kick-off to the year of NEW programming with a brutal twist: every reigning champion will be stripped of their title, with the exception of the World Champion.

Each champion(s) stripped of their title(s) will have the chance to win it back at the Pay-Per-View, however there is no guarantee that will happen. The NEW Contender's Championship will be decided in an 8-man Battle Royale at the start of the show, and the winner must face the World Champion in the main event that same evening, no exceptions. No matter the outcome, the Contender's Championship will then be vacated immediately after the main event, and a tournament will be held the following month to crown a new Contender's Champion. This annual event will be known as the NEW Contender's Cup.

NEW Main Attraction will be held in April, and serve as the company's big annual Pay-Per-View. It will be the show that every single fan of NEW tunes in to each and every year, and where NEW history will be made with every single match.

Coming at the mid-point of the year, this Pay-Per-View will be the pinnacle of excitement. It will be the moment in time when the fans are truly involved in every single story being told and will surely be home to some classic match ups that will be talked about for years to come.

Shows

This Pay-Per-View will be held in August, and will be the summer blockbuster of NEW Pay-Per-Views. Every single match on the card will be decided by you, the fans of New Era Wrestling.

The idea is simple: in the weeks leading up to the PPV, matches and/or stipulations will be posted at NEW's official website. All you need to do is cast your votes, and each top vote-getter will be showcased at the Pay-Per-View.

Shows

Held in late October, All Hallow's Eve will see the dark side of New Era Wrestling take over. For one night only, the rule book will be tossed aside, and the true brutality of wrestling will be showcased in each match under Extreme Rules. Match stipulations may or may not be added as well in order to maximize the hardcore environment.

Shows

The final Pay-Per-View of the year, Christmas Chaos, will be held in December, and will also serve as a 'finale' of sorts.

When the Pay-Per-View is over, NEW will go on hiatus for the holidays and return in early February with Divine Intervention. This gives each NEW star ample time to recover after they go out with a bang.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tuesday Night Team

Joey Styles and Jonathon Coachman are back! The original NEW Tuesday Night announce team has returned to help resurrect the show everyone will soon be talking about, NEW Tuesday Night!

The show that made NEW what it is today returns in June! Stay tuned for details, and stay tuned for something NEW!

NEW Tuesday Night also welcomes our lovely on-air personality duo of Maria Kanellis & Valerie Wynd!

Maria and Valerie will be conducting backstage interviews with all your favourite NEW Superstars, as well as providing their services at ringside, taking care of ring announcements.

NEW Tuesday Night Episode Guide

Spoiler

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Paul London

Height
    5'8"

Weight
    180lbs.

Hometown
    Austin, Texas, United States

Theme
    "A Monument Encased In Ash" - Showdown

Finishing Move
    London Calling (Shooting Star Press)

Signature Moves
    450 Splash
    Frankensteiner
    Tornado DDT
    Plancha
    Multiple Kick Variations

++++++++++

Name
    Alex Shelley

Height
    5'10"

Weight
    215lbs.

Hometown
    Detroit, Michigan, United States

Theme

Finishing Move
    Border City Stretch (Chickenwing over the shoulder Crossface)

Signature Moves
    Shellshock (Swinging Reverse STO)
    Frog Splash
    Sliced Bread #2 (Shiranui)
    Skull Fuck (Push Up Facebuster)
    It Came From Japan (Cross-Armed Brainbuster)

++++++++++

Name
    Chris Sabin

Height
    5'10"

Weight
    205lbs.

Hometown
    Pinckney, Michigan, United States

Theme

Finishing Move
    Cradle Shock (Cross-Legged Samoan Driver)

Signature Moves
    Over Easy (Canadian Backbreaker into Implant DDT)
    Bum Rush (Swinging Side Slam Backbreaker)
    Leap of Faith (No-Handed Springboard Suicide Dive)
    Hesitation Dropkick (Running Dropkick to Tree of Woe)
    Hurricanrana

++++++++++

Stable Name
    The Originators

Tag Team Finisher
    Skull & Bones (Neckbreaker/Frog Splash Combo)
    The Intrepid Skull & Bones (Neckbreaker/London Calling Combo) (w/ Paul London)

++++++++++

Of a handful of NEW Originals returning to the company, The Originators have set the bar for what is expected of all the new comers to New Era Wrestling.

Paul London has consistently proven himself to be a wild card to be reckoned with. Generally quiet, London is easily forgotten about, but he seems to like it that way, because it's the moment you let your guard down that he strikes, and strikes fast.

London is one of the founding members of The Originators, the other being current WWE Champion CM Punk. When New Era Wrestling was formed in 2007, Paul London had high hopes to get his singles wrestling career back on track. But a string of losses put him in the doghouse, which is where CM Punk found London and took him under his wing.

Offering London support, and more specifically, a partnership, CM Punk began appearing at ringside during London's matches. CM Punk kept Paul London driven to succeed, and succeed he did. Eventually, the duo became unstoppable in the ring, both men going on a surprise winning streak in singles competition.

And the rest is history. Shortly after their success, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin joined forces with them and the four men became known as The Originators, one of the most influential and successful stables of the new millenium. But while The Originators find themselves a man short this time around, Paul London appears confident that the legacy will continue as The Originators see fit, and will stop at nothing to fully dominate New Era Wrestling once again.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Matt Sydal

Height
    5'9"

Weight
    165lbs.

Hometown
    St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Theme
    "Someone To Believe" - Bad Religion

Finishing Move
    Aftershock (Gory Neckbreaker)

Signature Moves
    Shooting Star Press
    Double Helix (Springboard Corkscrew Moonsault)
    Headscissors Takedown
    Flying Crossbody Press
    Multiple Kick Variations

Matt Sydal, better known as the WWE's Evan Bourne, clawed his way to stardom from a very young age. The first person to ever receive a wrestling licence in Missouri before turning 18, Sydal has been a force to be reckoned with ever since.

After nearly a decade in various indy promotions and developmental territories, Matt Sydal had earned himself an impressive fanbase with his high-flying, high-risk moves. But after earning a shot in TNA in 2004, Sydal found himself being mistreated and mis-used, jobbing night in and night out.

It wasn't until Sydal joined Ring of Honor that he truly found his calling. He quickly rose in popularity and had lots of success in both singles and tag team competition, winning multiple titles and eventually catching the eye of the WWE.

Sydal's next big shot had come, and this time success came with it. After only a few years in developmental territories and low-to-mid card matches, Sydal found himself as one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions. But, with great success comes great responsibility, which Sydal had none of. Matt Sydal was suspended twice for breaking the company's wellness policy, and shortly after was injured in a car accident, severely injuring his foot. Sydal's return to the WWE was questionable, and eventually he was released by the company.

Now, Matt Sydal finds himself once again trying to earn the respect of the fans and the success he so desperately craves, two personality traits that New Era Wrestling prides itself in encouraging. Sydal's foot is healed, and he is under close personal watch by NEW CEO Adam Copeland for any drug use. Taking one look at Sydal will tell you that he is ready to commit like never before, and will do anything to be a shining star in New Era Wrestling.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Windham Rotunda

Height
    6'3"

Weight
    300lbs.

Hometown
    Brooksville, Florida, United States

Theme
    "Born In The USA" - Bruce Springsteen

Finishing Move
    Whisper In The Windham (Body Avalanche followed by Lariat)

Signature Moves
    Chokeslam
    Stunner
    Reverse STO
    Uranage
    Multiple Suplex Variations

++++++++++

Name
    Taylor Rotunda

Height
    6'0"

Weight
    225lbs.

Hometown
    Brooksville, Florida, United States

Theme
    "Born In The USA" - Bruce Springsteen

Finishing Move
    Taylor Made (Spear)

Signature Moves
    Northern Lights Suplex
    Fireman's Carry
    Super Kick
    Diving Elbow Drop
    Belly-to-Belly Suplex

++++++++++

Tag Team Name
    U.S. Express 2.0

Tag Team Finisher
    Rotunda Rush (Powerbomb into Running Double Knee Backbreaker)

The real-life brothers and sons of wrestling legend Mike Rotunda, Windham and Taylor have a lot to live up to in the eyes of their relatives.

Windham, named after Mike Rotunda's long-time tag team partner and brother-in-law Barry Windham, has struggled as a singles competitor for years, and has been unable to find his niche.

"Taylor and I should have been the easiest new comers to book in the history of the WWE," said Windham. "We're third generation wrestlers, and our father and uncle were one of the greatest tag teams to ever live. But, of course, creative felt that they should stick Taylor in the middle of developmental hell and slap me with gimmick after gimmick after gimmick. 'Hey, let's try Husky Harris, but with a mask! Oh, that didn't work, so we'll try Husky Harris with a fedora!'"

Clearly disappointed with the way they have been treated by the WWE, Windham and Taylor Rotunda have joined NEW as a tag team, hoping to follow in the footsteps of their family.

"It seemed so obvious that we should be a team with legendary history," added Taylor. "Mr. Copeland has given us that opportunity, and we don't plan on disappointing him."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Roderick Strong

Height
    5'10"

Weight
    200lbs.

Hometown
    Tampa Bay, Florida, United States

Theme
    "Electric Worry" - Clutch

Finishing Move
    Death By Roderick (Fireman's Carry Double Knee Gutbuster)

Signature Moves
    Crucifix Cutter
    Half Nelson Backbreaker
    Elevated Boston Crab
    Multiple Backbreaker Variations

One of the most successful, charismatic and entertaining men in the field of indy wrestling today, Roderick Strong comes to New Era Wrestling looking for a new lease on life.

Roderick Strong has accomplished everything an indy wrestler could possibly accomplish, including being one of only two Ring Of Honor Triple Crown Champions, a feat not even matched by WWE Champion CM Punk.

Strong has dominated the indy wrestling scene since his debut over a decade ago, and he comes to New Era Wrestling looking for greener pastures.

"I've always had a forward-thinking attitude," says Strong. "When you have nowhere left to go, you go up. Moving to New Era Wrestling at this point in my career, given its amazing history, was the logical next step in my career. Expect the domination to continue."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Jay Briscoe

Height
    5'10"

Weight
    234lbs.

Hometown
    Laurel, Delaware, United States

Theme
    "Gimme Back My Bullets" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Finishing Move
    Crucible (Sitout Suplex Slam)

Signature Moves
    Jay-Driller (Double Underhook Piledriver)
    Military Press into Death Valley Driver
    Muscle Buster
    Big Boot
    Diving Leg Drop

++++++++++

Name
    Mark Briscoe

Height
    5'9"

Weight
    229lbs.

Hometown
    Laurel, Delaware, United States

Theme
    "Gimme Back My Bullets" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Finishing Move
    Mark-Out (Cut-throat Inverted Death Valley Driver)

Signature Moves
    Shooting Star Press
    Fisherman Buster
    Froggy Bow (Frog Splash Elbow Drop)
    Redneck Kung Fu (Multiple Throat Thrusts followed by Leg Lariat)
    Saito Suplex

++++++++++

Tag Team Name
    The Briscoes

Tag Team Finisher
    Redneck Boogie (Crucifix Powerbomb/Neckbreaker Combo)

In one word, The Briscoes are dedication. In many words, you could really talk all day about one of the greatest tag teams of the last decade, Jay and Mark Briscoe.

The Briscoes have been competing for 12 years now in just about every indy promotion imaginable. At first glance, they're brash, abrasive, and downright ignorant, but when you get past that, you see the hardest working tag team in the world today.

Jay and Mark have been competing in promotions across the United States since their teenage years, where they even had to wear black masks to hide their identities in order to compete, a tradition that they carry with them to this day. They've traveled the world as a team and impressed everyone that has ever set eyes on them, yet like Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, they will never hit the big time.

"I understand why tag teams struggle with moving onto greater things," says CEO Adam Copeland. "I've been there. When [Christian] and I broke up, it was inevitable. Every uber-successful tag team has to break up and feud at one point or another, especially in the WWE. There's no getting around it, and if it isn't something you're willing to work with, then why bother?"

"I have no intention of doing that to Jay and Mark Briscoe. Those two have single-handedly saved tag team wrestling, which is something I plan to promote as much as possible in NEW. That's why I signed The Briscoes, and that's why I expect nothing but big things from them."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Drew Galloway

Height
    6'5"

Weight
    254lbs.

Hometown
    Ayr, Scotland

Theme
    "Scots Wha' Ha'e!" - The Real McKenzies

Finishing Move
    Future Shock (Snap Double Underhook DDT)

Signature Moves
    The Lock Ness Monster (Scissored Armbar)
    Scot Drop (Reverse STO)
    Ego Trip (Swinging Side Slam into Sitout Facebuster)
    Big Boot
    Powerbomb

After an incredibly promising and well-decorated indy career, Drew Galloway found himself in a situation that every young, promising star dreads: being pushed to the moon in the WWE far too early.

Galloway was renamed and billed as the future of the WWE and was put on a pedestal he couldn't possibly keep before the fans even knew who he was. All they saw was an unrecognizable Scottish giant that they didn't care about. Before Galloway even had a fair chance to win the crowd, he found himself outside the ring looking in, wasting away at FCW shows and being buried in dark matches.

We at New Era Wrestling look at Drew Galloway and see a young man that has it all, but was grossly mistreated by the biggest company in sports entertainment. Galloway was never given the proper treatment that a man with his size and ability deserves...until now.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Tyler Black

Height
    6'1"

Weight
    205lbs.

Hometown
    Buffalo, Iowa, United States

Theme
    "Battle On" - War Of Ages

Finishing Move
    God's Last Gift (Fisherman DDT into Small Package)

Signature Moves
    Superkick
    Turnbuckle Powerbomb
    Belly-to-Back Suplex into Reverse STO
    Phoenix Splash
    Local Man Ruins Everything (Curb Stomp)

After quickly rising through the indy ranks after his debut in 2005, Tyler Black is a surprising addition to New Era Wrestling, given what he is leaving behind.

Black saw success come quickly to him after rising through the indy ranks, and gained a huge fanbase after teaming with Jimmy Jacobs and Necro Butcher to form the popular stable Age Of The Fall. After Age Of The Fall, Black proved that he was a force to be reckoned with on his own too, riding an illustrious singles career to FCW, where he soon became the FCW Champion.

...until now. The former Seth Rollins walked away from his FCW developmental contract in a surprising move that has shocked many fans across the southern United States. Most of all, it has upset the WWE, which already has a long history of doing its best to bury New Era Wrestling.

"[The WWE] aren't happy, but fuck them. I spent my entire career becoming the man I wanted to be in the ring, and in a matter of months, the WWE forced change upon change on me, making me become just another gimmicky drone."

"The people come to see Tyler Black, not Seth Rollins. If the WWE can't see that, and choose to once again ignore the fans, then they're not the company I want to work for."

Tyler Black is only getting started in what will likely continue to be an incredible career, and he's doing it in NEW.

"Besides," added Black. "Those two Originator punks Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin think they can hide from me here after the shit they pulled in Orlando. That ain't gonna happen, and if there's one thing the fans know, it's this: Tyler Black doesn't easily forget, and Tyler Black is a sadistic mother fucker."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Eddie Kingston

Height
    5'11"

Weight
    228lbs.

Hometown
    Yonkers, New York, United States

Theme
    "God's Gonna Cut You Down" - Johnny Cash

Finishing Move
    Backfist To The Future (Spinning Backfist)

Signature Moves
    Short-Arm Lariat
    Spinning Lifting DDT
    Inverted Cloverleaf
    Rapid Knife-Edge Chops

"When I approached Eddie Kingston about joining New Era Wrestling," says CEO Adam Copeland, "I wasn't sure how he'd react. Eddie is enjoying his 10th year in the indy scene and has had more success every year since his debut, but I really wanted his brand of talent in an NEW ring."

Kingston has earned himself tremendous success in the indy scene, but until recently, hasn't earned the respect and exposure that he deserves. While he may be the first ever and reigning CHIKARA Grand Champion, Kingston has been constantly overshadowed by more charistmatic individuals everywhere he's gone.

"Think Kevin Steen, just not as despicable," adds NEW's Vice President of Talent Relations Ocire Will, which is an apt description, given the similarities between the two.

"[Steen] is a fellow Canadian, and a solid performer," says Copeland, saving face. "But Eddie Kingston is just the real deal, simple as that. He deserves to get the 'NEW Bump', and given the promotion he's coming from, CHIKARA, he's already caught the eye of someone who feels that CHIKARA is simply a bastardized version of the Japanese brand, Prince Devitt. My sources are telling me that Devitt and Kingston are going to be butting heads sooner rather than later, and I for one can't freaking wait."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Prince Devitt

Height
    5'11"

Weight
    178lbs.

Hometown
    Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland

Theme
    "Another Bag of Bricks" - Flogging Molly

Finishing Move
    Bloody Sunday (Lifting Underhook DDT)

Signature Moves
    Prince's Throne (Fireman's Carry Double Knee Gutbuster)
    Singata Prince's Throne (Canadian Backbreaker into Prince's Throne)
    Brainbuster
    High-Angle Fujiwara Armbar
    Overhead Kick

"When I first knew that resurrecting New Era Wrestling was actually a reality," says CEO Adam Copeland, "the first guy I called was [Prince] Devitt. He's pound-for-pound the most talented wrestler in the world today, in my opinion, and I was ready to do whatever it took to convince him to join New Era Wrestling."

Prince Devitt has found unmatched success in international companies since climbing the ranks in the UK and training in the Japanese style of wrestling. Since then, he has had a storied career in New Japan Pro Wrestling, where he debut as the second coming of Pegasus Kid, better known as Chris Benoit. And Devitt didn't disappoint. He has won the IWGP Tag Team Championship 6 times and the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship twice, and ranks 6th amongst the longest combined reigns as Champion.

"It should be a crime to not know who this guy is," says Copeland. "When Devitt lost the Junior Heavyweight Championship this year, I knew it was my chance to convince him that it was time for a change. He listened, and agreed, and he can't wait to be unleashed on North America."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Matt Jackson

Height
    5'10"

Weight
    172lbs.

Hometown
    Montebello, California, United States

Theme
    "MMMBop" - Hanson

Finishing Move
    Worst Case Scenario (Victory Roll flipped into Wheelbarrow Facebuster)

Signature Moves
    Rope Hung DDT
    Diving Corkscrew Somersault into Cutter
    Missile Dropkick
    Multiple Kick Variations
    Multiple Aerial Attacks

++++++++++

Name
    Nick Jackson

Height
    5'10"

Weight
    178lbs.

Hometown
    Montebello, California, United States

Theme
    "MMMBop" - Hanson

Finishing Move
    Aggro Air (450 Splash)

Signature Moves
    Suicide Dive
    Snap Suplex
    Diving Dropkick
    Multiple Kick Variations
    Multiple Aerial Attacks

++++++++++

Tag Team Name
    The Young Bucks

Tag Team Finisher
    More Bang For Your Buck (Rolling Fireman's Carry Slam followed by 450 Splash)

After their trecherous attacks and downright disrespectful attitude during the TNEW/WWE war, it's anyone's guess as to why The Young Bucks, formerly Generation Me, have found themselves in New Era Wrestling.

Matt and Nick Jackson were the most hated tag team back when the NEW Originals took over TNA, and soon after became traitors as well, aligning themselves with the WWE when the war hit its breaking point.

When asked for comment on the situation, all CEO Adam Copeland had to say was that Matt and Nick "are incredibly talented, and deserving of a second chance." Copeland made no mention of their antics in TNEW, adding that "the past is just that, the past. NEW is all about looking forward. But that doesn't mean I won't have a close eye on those two."

The Young Bucks are relentless in their quest for glory, no matter which ring they find themselves in. But with the talent and drive of the other teams in the NEW tag team division, it's safe to say that a reality check may not be far off for Matt and Nick.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Rob Van Dam

Height
    6'0"

Weight
    237lbs.

Hometown
    Battle Creek, Michigan, United States

Theme
    "Walk" - Pantera

Finishing Move
    Five-Star Frogsplash (High-Angle Frogsplash)

Signature Moves
    Van Daminator (Spinning Heel Kick, sometimes into a chair)
    Rolling Thunder (Running Somersault Senton)
    Split-Legged Moonsault
    Van Terminator (Corner-to-Corner Missle Dropkick, sometimes with a chair)
    Multiple Kick Variations

What can be said about Rob Van Dam that hasn't already been said? In short, "The Whole Fucking Show" has lived up to his nickname and then some.

Another NEW Original making his return to the company, Rob Van Dam will be one of the few veterans out in the ring, but his age and experience only make him that much more dangerous. When everyone else has something to prove, Rob Van Dam is one of the last obstacles they want to face.

RVD has always been the total package. His skill and talent in the ring, while unorthodox, are second to none. He'll strike you more times than you can count before you realize what's happening. He'll attack you from the air when you let your guard down. He'll surprise you with an Armbar from nowhere when you least expect it. He'll smash a chair into your face and never think twice about it. And above all else, he'll do anything to win.

Rob Van Dam's success outside of NEW is well-known, but his success in NEW is easily forgotten. Mid-way through his NEW career, RVD shocked the world and turned heel, aligning himself with AJ Styles and forming "The Phenomenal Ones", who became an incredibly successful yet hated tag team.

Just when you thought you'd seen it all, Rob Van Dam will still surprise you. Will we see "The Phenomenal Ones 2.0"? Will we see a side of RVD we've never seen? Only time will tell when The Whole Fucking Show is involved.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Eric Young

Height
    5'11"

Weight
    225lbs.

Hometown
    Florence, Ontario, Canada

Theme
    "Dear Mr. Fantasy" - Big Sugar

Finishing Move
    Youngblood Neckbreaker (Wheelbarrow lifted and dropped into Neckbreaker)

Signature Moves
    Spike Piledriver
    Diving Elbow Drop
    Bridging Northern Lights Suplex
    Moonsault
    Sharpshooter

We've thought about it, and we can't really sum up Eric Young's reason for being in New Era Wrestling better than he did:

"Before TNEW, I came off a promising rise to be forced into a crazy person gimmick that I hated. During TNEW, I was allowed to be the wrestler I've always wanted to be, the fans loved me for it, and I had a long run as Television Champion. After TNEW, I wasn't allowed to shave and I'm one half of the Knockouts Tag Team Champions.

This was the easiest decision of my career."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    El Generico

Height
    5'11"

Weight
    196lbs.

Hometown
    Hill Valley, Quebec, Canada

Theme
    "Ole!" - The Bouncing Souls

Finishing Move
    Brainbustaaaaahhhhh!!!!! (Brainbuster onto Top Turnbuckle)

Signature Moves
    Ole Kick (Running Big Boot to Cornered Opponent)
    450 Splash
    Tornado DDT
    Exploder Suplex
    Multiple Moonsault and Dive Variations

One look at El Generico should tell you why he belongs in New Era Wrestling, but in case you don't know, he's a luchador...from Canada.

The ultimate babyface, El Generico is a fan favourite across North America, fighting and flying his way up the ranks in indy promotions both in Canada and the United States.

Generico found most of his success in Pro Wrestling Guerilla, where he is the only person in PWG history to hold the World Championship and Tag Team Championship at the same time on two seperate occasions. Unfortunately for Generico, his personna, while currently holding a massive cult following, would never take on the grander stages of sports entertainment.

Luckily for him, New Era Wrestling doesn't give a shit about selling personnas to the fans. All New Era Wrestling sees when they look at El Generico is the definition of what makes wrestling fun. The Canadian Luchador is sure to expand his fanbase and anyone who knows him won't be surprised when he surges to the top of the mountain.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    A.J. Styles

Height
    5'11"

Weight
    215lbs.

Hometown
    Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, United States

Theme
    "Get Ready To Fly" - GRITS

Finishing Move
    Styles Clash (Belly-to-Back Inverted Mat Slam)

Signature Moves
    Spiral Tap (Corkscrew Somersault into Leg Drop or Senton Bomb)
    Pele Kick (Backflip Kick)
    Discus Clothesline
    Fosbury Flop (to outside)
    Multiple DDT, Suplex & Kick Variations

After the way he acted in the time of TNEW, it's surprising to find AJ Styles making the jump to New Era Wrestling for a second time. But what Styles lacks in manners, he makes up for in loyalty.

Styles' first stint in New Era Wrestling was his shot at the big time, and may have happened had the company stuck around longer. But unfortunately, Styles soon found himself back in TNA as a member of Fortune.

Forever loyal to the company Styles grew up in, he found himself taking a stand against TNEW and everything it stood for. He led Fortune on a crusade against the NEW Originals not once, but twice, something that a few men on this roster will not soon forget.

AJ Styles is good at making enemies, but he's even better at beating them in the ring. Unfortunately for those enemies, Styles has jumped ship once again for NEW, a promotion that he feels he should be at the top of by any means necessary.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Dean Ambrose

Height
    6'4"

Weight
    225lbs.

Hometown
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

Theme
    "Conditions Of My Parole" - Puscifer

Finishing Move
    Hook & Ladder (Elevated Double Chickenwing Wheelbarrow Facebuster)

Signature Moves
    Midnight Special (Over Shoulder Back to Belly Piledriver)
    Moxicity (Spinning Side Slam)
    One Hitter (Vertical Suplex dropped into DDT)
    Crossface Chickenwing
    Fujiwara Armbar

"Eccentric. Cocky, but not in a flamboyant way. When I think of Dean Ambrose, I think of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho," says Will Powell, New Era Wrestling's Assistant to the Co-Assistant Creative Director. "I think of Brian Pillman, only if he had slow pacing in his "Loose Cannon" promos the way Jake Roberts or Raven did. He truly is different from the rest."

Dean Ambrose rose to fame under the name Jon Moxley, where he competed in several indy promotions and enjoyed his share of championships across the board. But Ambrose's brash attitude and unpredictable personality hasn't earned him many friends, but has given him more than his share of enemies.

But Ambrose isn't out to make friends, Ambrose is out to hurt people, and he'll do it just about every way possible. His talent in the ring is only matched by his love for violence, and if you get on his bad side, you're in for a world of hurt, and he'll enjoy every second of it.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    T.J. Hart

Height
    5'10"

Weight
    195lbs.

Hometown
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Theme
    "Don't Bury Me, I'm Still Not Dead" - Riverboat Gamblers

Finishing Move
    Dungeon Lock (Crossed Leg-Trap Triangle Choke)

Signature Moves
    Code Blue (Snapmare Neckbreaker)
    Sharpshooter
    Rolling Stampede (Super Rolling Fireman's Carry Slam)
    Multiple Submission Variations
    Multiple Kick & Suplex Variations

++++++++++

Name
    Zack Ryder

Height
    6'2"

Weight
    214lbs.

Hometown
    Merrick, New York, United States

Theme
    "Don't Bury Me, I'm Still Not Dead" - Riverboat Gamblers

Finishing Move
    Zack Attack (Inverted Overdrive)

Signature Moves
    Rough Ryder (Jumping Leg Lariat)
    Broski Boot (Running Facewash)
    Double High Knee
    Double Underhook Powerbomb
    Multiple Knee/Kick Variations

++++++++++

Tag Team Name
    Bro Canada!

Tag Team Finisher
    Overcrowded Prison (Dungeon Lock/Rough Ryder Combo)

Broskis unite! Your soon-to-be new favourite tag team is here, and only in New Era Wrestling.

Another star that got sick of the WWE's formula of building up fan favourites just to bury and punish them, Zack Ryder actually approached CEO Adam Copeland about joining New Era Wrestling as soon as he got word of the company's resurrection.

"I'm done," says Ryder. "I got my 15 minutes of fame, which is more than I could've asked for. I know what my future holds if I stay in the WWE, and it's not a future fit for the Long Island Iced-Z!"

Zack Ryder found himself stuck in the limbo that is WWE developmental, a nightmare for anyone that finds themselves in his situation. Ryder had the crowd behind him, but was unable to break onto the scene until he re-created himself. Through incredible dedication, hard work, and YouTube, Ryder did the unimaginable and captivated audiences across the world. Soon after, he found himself the reigning WWE United States Champion, although his reign was short-lived.

"The Ryder Revolution is moving to New Era Wrestling, and he's bringing one of my favourite young stars along for the ride," says CEO Adam Copeland. "The team of T.J. Hart and Zack Ryder, otherwise known as Bro Canada!, are going to win the hearts and minds of the NEW crowd and then some."

T.J. Hart found early success in the WWE when he was part of the New Hart Foundation as Tyson Kidd, alongside DH Smith and Natalya Neidhart. But in typical WWE fashion, the stable was quickly buried after being pushed too soon and not giving ample time for the crowd to warm up to the young stars.

"All I am to the WWE fans is another punk from Alberta looking to ride the coattails of the Hart family," said T.J., shortly after signing with New Era Wrestling. "Well if that's what they think of me, then they're in for a big surprise when Bro Canada! hits the NEW ring. I'm adopting the last name 'Hart' as my last 'F you' to the WWE and their way of doing things. It isn't for me. It's not who I am."

"Bro Canada! brings the flashy New York charisma and attitude of Zack Ryder and the traditional techniques of the Hart family to the tag team division," added Copeland. "This team is the total package, and while they may be polar opposites, the duo are going to be a heavy fan favourite for a long, long time."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name
    Christian

Height
    6'1"

Weight
    212lbs.

Hometown
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Theme
    "I Got Mine" - The Black Keys

Finishing Move
    Unprettier (Inverted Double Underhook Facebuster)

Signature Moves
    Cloverleaf
    Frog Splash
    Flashpoint (Diving European Uppercut)
    Spinebuster
    Mutliple DDT Variations

"I got this one, guys. Take five.

New Era Wrestling. The company that, like its stubborn fans, refuses to die. Third time's a charm, eh fellas? Yeah, we'll see.

Although, things are already looking up for you. It turns out that I, Captain Charisma, have parted ways with the evil corporate monolith, the WWE. Yes, like all of you, I'm a man without a home, just more talented and handsome.

How did the old song go? "This city is haunted by ghosts from broken homes?" Fitting. Depressing, but fitting. But depressing or not, the NEW theme certainly hits the nail on the head. The WWE is broken. The product that 90% of wrestling 'fans' swallow on a daily basis is constantly shoving the same old crap down the throats of its loyal followers, and when they finally get something right, like crowning me World Heavyweight Champion...well, we all know how long that lasted.

So yes, my incredibly amazing brother convinced me to walk away from the WWE once again. Only this time I'm not going back as soon as they realize that it was a mistake to let me go in the first place. This time I'm going to be the wrestler I deserve to be, that you, the fans, deserve to see week in and week out, dominating everyone and anyone that dares step foot in the ring with me.

Captain Charisma is back. The Pontiff of the Peepulation is here to stay. The NEW People's Champion is going to take on a whole new meaning, and you've got a front row seat. How lucky!"

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roster Additions

Name
    Jimmy Jacobs

Height
    5'7"

Weight
    169.25lbs.

Hometown
    Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States

Theme
    "Nightmare" - Avenged Sevenfold

Finishing Move
    End Time (Guillotine Choke, sometimes preceded by a Snap DDT)

Signature Moves
    High Angle Diving Senton
    Hurricanrana
    Berzerker Drop (Inverted Double Underhook Facebuster)
    Multiple Stomps (sometimes with aid of ropes)
    Berzerker Boot (Running Big Boot)

Jacobs began working for local promotions in Michigan at the age of 14. Ever since, he has slowly climbed the ladder of indy success using many different personnas along the way. "The Emo Warrior" has earned himself a tremendous cult following in the indy ranks, which climaxed five years ago with the birth of the Age Of The Fall.

The controversial stable came to light in Ring Of Honour, after a ladder match between The Briscoes and the team of El Generico & Kevin Steen. When AOTF debuted, Jacobs gave a scathing promo that caught the attention of fans around the world. The promo was so violent and so controversial, ROH decided to remove it from the pay-per-view that aired, which has been regarded as one of the biggest mistakes in ROH history by the IWC.

Now, with Tyler Black as NEW World Champion, the Age Of The Fall have reunited, once again led by Jacobs. New Era Wrestling may have just met its biggest obstacle, and only time will tell the kind of havoc Jacobs and his minions plan on wreaking on a bigger stage.

++++++++++

Name
    Necro Butcher

Height
    6'2"

Weight
    230lbs.

Hometown
    Morgantown, West Virginia, United States

Theme
    "Nightmare" - Avenged Sevenfold

Finishing Move
    Necro Bomb (Tiger Driver)

Signature Moves
    Choose Death (Sidewalk Slam onto two chairs, set up back to back)
    Asiatic Spike (Thumb Chokehold)
    Choke Bomb
    Death Valley Driver
    Stiff Strikes (mostly with headbutts and punches)

The Necro Butcher is truly a man that needs to be seen to be believed, and not a man you want to enter a ring with.

Rising to stardom across several southern promotions in the late 90's-early 00's, Necro Butcher caught the eyes of many with his insanely violent, yet creative, hardcore match types. Not one to back away from violence, Necro Butcher craves the very brutality of wrestling, competing in deathmatches of all kinds against any opponent.

Butcher was a key part in the initial run of Age Of The Fall, in that he was truly not a man to be fucked with, and captured the essence of the stable perfectly. He was the animal let out of its cage, the dog off its leash, the man that was going to do the unthinkable to his opponents.

Now Age Of The Fall are back together, and terrorizing New Era Wrestling. The person or persons that want to get at Tyler Black and his World Championship are going to have to think long and hard about if they want to go through Necro Butcher first.

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Card looks fantastic RT really looking forward to Black/London, Machine Gun's/Young Bucks and the main-event.

Spoiler

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    Grimoire of Zero, MSG: Thunderbolt S2
    Tiger Mask W, Trinity Seven

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raleigh, NC, USA
    J.S. Dorton Arena
    Att: 7,500

The NEW Tuesday Night opening package fades out to a panning shot of the J.S. Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina..as the camera lowers to street level, we see a small crowd of fans hoping for last minute tickets..

..while the roar of the crowd can be heard inside! Rapid shots of the crowd inside the arena show thousands of NEW supporters roaring and chanting "N-E-W! N-E-W!" as "Revolution" by Pennywise continues to play, culminating with a loud POW! as a single charge explodes from the stage!

-Joey Styles "It's been 4 long years since I've been able to say this at a New Era Wrestling live event.."
    -Jonathon Coachman "Whoa whoa whoa, Joey! You're not gonna do that now, are you? Spoil what all the kids are waiting for?"
    -Joey Styles "I've been waiting too damn long, Coach! Ladies and gentlemen...

..OH..MY..GOD!!"

Styles and Coach pause for a moment as the fans continue to roar and chant, the music gone and the house lights back to normal..

Styles and Coach discuss how great it feels to be back, then get down to business..

-Styles "Tonight we'll see the beginning of the Tag Team Round Robin that will be taking place in the weeks leading up to Pick Your Poison."
    -Coach "I'm very excited about this. Every tag team in NEW will get the chance to face every other team once before the pay-per-view."
    -Styles "That's right. Then the NEW fans around the world will go online and vote for the two teams they want to see doing battle for the NEW Tag Team Championship at Pick Your Poison."
    -Coach "And don't forget about the main event. The NEW Television Championship will be decided in a Fatal Fourway elimination match!"
    -Styles "I can't wait!"

The fans give a welcoming ovation to the man who will help kick off NEW once again, Drew Galloway! The towering Scotsman steps onto the stage and raises his arms, giving the audience a confident glance as he poses for all to see..

-Styles "I can relate to this young Scotsman."
    -Coach "HA! In what way could you possibly.."
    -Styles "We were both ignored in the WWE for our tremendous talent."
    -Coach "Ugh. Don't start on me already, will you?"

Galloway poses atop one of the turnbuckles as he awaits his first NEW opponent..

A new theme hits and the crowd gives a heavily mixed reaction when AJ Styles steps out onto the stage..

-Coach "Looks like these fans have better memories than I thought."
    -Styles "You severely underestimate them, Coach. How could they forget the way AJ Styles acted during the rise of TNEW, when he's an NEW Original himself?"
    -Coach "Please. AJ Styles doesn't need to ride the coattails of this place to get on top. He did that all on his own, and he knows it. He's here to simply dominate another promotion like he always does."

Styles peers out at the audience from beneath his royal blue hood before snapping it back and throwing out his arms, which is accented by blue pyros erupting with a bang at either end of the stage..the boos become more ominous now, as the fans are less than impressed..

Drew Galloway paces in the ring in his blue and white trunks, resembling the Scottish flag, as AJ Styles runs up the ring steps and straight up the nearest turnbuckle, still posing for the booing crowd...Galloway decides he's had enough and rushes at Styles, striking him hard in the stomach and dragging him into the ring as the bell sounds!

Drew Galloway vs. AJ Styles

Galloway pulls Styles into the ring with a Hip Toss right off the top rope, slamming Styles to the mat below. Styles sits in the ring grimacing in pain as Galloway winds up and kicks him hard in the kidneys, following through to play to the cheering audience.

Galloway pulls Styles to his feet and Styles finally gets his hoodie off as he swings wildly at the huge Scotsman. Galloway shoves Styles into a corner, does a quick half lap around the ring and goes for an Body Avalanche, but Styles gets his boots up and catches Galloway right in the jaw. Galloway staggers, clutching his jaw, then receives a Diving Clothesline from Styles as he explodes from the corner.

The match is all AJ Styles from that point on, Styles using his entire arsenal against Galloway, never missing a chance to taunt and disrespect the crowd. Styles continues to build on the heat from the crowd, seeming to enjoy it and use it to his advantage.

Galloway tries to turn things around and begins brawling with Styles, but AJ manages to hold Galloway in a Head Lock long enough to pull him toward a corner and hit a Tornado DDT for a near fall. As Galloway tries to shake out the cobwebs, Styles signals for the end and gives the Scot a boot in the gut, setting up for the Styles Clash. Styles shows tremendous strength by getting Galloway in position, but right before he connects, Galloway slinks his weight downward and pulls Styles to the canvas with a Hurricarana pin and a three count!

Spoiler

The fans roar as Drew Galloway sneaks out the surprise victory! AJ Styles kicks out right as the 3-count is made, and springs to his feet, thinking the match is still on...when he hears the bell and clues in, Styles begins arguing with the referee as Galloway leans against the crowd barrier being congratulated by the nearby fans..

Galloway and Styles make eye contact, and Galloway's wide victorious grin enrages Styles, who decides to take it out on the referee...the fans boo as Styles kicks the ref in the stomach and plants him with a Styles Clash in the centre of the ring..

-Joey Styles "One match down, one referee down. At this rate we'll be pulling people from the audience to officiate."
    -Coach "They'd probably do a better job than that hack in the ring! Fast count, ref! Styles got screwed!"

Galloway stands in the crowd basking in the cheers as AJ Styles watches him from ringside, hands on his hips, a scowl on his face..

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the break, the fans are welcomed back by Windham and Taylor, otherwise known as The US Express 2.0, NEW's newest tag team..

-Joey Styles "The first match up in the Tag Team Round Robin is the definition of new entertainment, the kind that this company is all about."
    -Coach "You said it, Joe. Windham and Taylor Rotunda have left behind the prison that is WWE developemental and moved to greener pastures, where they'll take their chance at becoming the NEW Tag Team Champions and try to begin the road to filling the shoes of their ancestors."

Taylor rushes to the ring and slides under the bottom rope before hopping atop the far turnbuckle and throwing back his long black hair...as he raises his arms, Windham climbs from the apron to the side of the opposite turnbuckle and both men stand tall over the crowd, getting a surprisingly warm reception..

-Styles "Windham and Taylor addressed questions from the fans earlier this afternoon after arriving here at the J.S. Dorton Arena. Take a look."

Quote Originally Posted by Stage Screen - The US Express 2.0
    "A lot of people have been asking why we're here," says Windham, rubbing his taped hands together, his brother Taylor at his side. "I'd like to ask those people if they're the same ones that think Husky Harris is talking to them right now."

"FCW demanded that I try some bullshit gimmick to try and get over with the fans. After several failed attempts that saw Husky Harris wear a mask, and Husky Harris wearing a fedora, it was obvious what we had to do. It was time to go, and time to restore some pride to our bloodline."

"Tonight marks the first of many matches that will see me and my brother make our ancestors proud. We're going old school, and whoever steps in the ring with us is going to learn that The US Express 2.0 is the best damn tag team alive today."
    The view cuts back to the ring where Windham and Taylor go over their gameplan, waiting for their opponents...

When Riverboat Gamblers hits the sound system, the fans go absolutely wild! Zack Ryder bounds out onto the stage and drives the fans crazy as he rips off his shades and tosses them into the audience! Right behind him, somber and calculated, is TJ Hart..

Ryder finds himself on one side of the stage, pointing at the back of his blue vest that has a large white star behind a smaller red maple leaf...TJ Hart wears white trunks with a red maple leaf and a smaller white star in the centre..

-Styles "I knew these two would steal the show early, Coach! Give it up for Bro Canada!"
    -Coach "Um, no. I won't. These clowns are about to learn a lesson in respect, just you watch."

Zack Ryder is all energy as he makes his way to the ring while TJ Hart slaps hands with some fans in the front row...Hart and Ryder eventually stand on opposite turnbuckles, where Ryder pumps his fist in a "WOO! WOO! WOO!" chant, and Hart simply stands with his arms crossed, smirking at the crowd..

-Styles "These guys are polar opposites, hailing from opposite parts of North America. Let's see how they handle themselves."

US Express 2.0 vs. Bro Canada!

The match begins with Taylor Rotunda and Zack Ryder pacing in the ring. They lock up after a moment and Ryder is quickly shoved across the ring, bouncing backward and landing on his knees. Ryder looks surprised as Taylor throws back his long black hair, the fans booing.

They go for another lock up, but this time Taylor kicks Ryder in the stomach, then rakes his eyes. The fans boo louder as the ref scolds Taylor, but he shoves past him and b-lines it for Ryder, where he throws a knee into his gut. Taylor then hits a Snap Suplex on Ryder and tags in his brother, Windham.

Windham takes control of the match, using his massive hands to squeeze Ryder's skull. Windham then slams Ryder's head into the mat and falls to his knees, wrapping him in a Chin Lock. Windham holds it for some time, wearing Ryder down, who is already fading fast and reaching for a tag.

After another minute, TJ Hart gets the crowd rallied and Ryder gets to his feet, throwing a few elbows into Windham's midsection. Ryder breaks free and hits the ropes, looking for a Rough Ryder, but finding a Powerbomb from Windham, who holds for a 2-count.

Windham drags Ryder to his feet and tags in his brother Taylor, who goes up top. Windham hoists Ryder onto his shoulders and Taylor hits a Missile Dropkick that sends Ryder sailing across the ring. He flops to a stop near his corner and as Taylor Rotunda is flexing for the crowd, TJ Hart tags himself in. Taylor doesn't see it and turns around just as Hart comes sailing off the top rope, connecting with a Diving Crossbody. Taylor rebounds to his feet and Hart connects with an Arm Drag, then another. When he goes for a third Arm Drag, Taylor stands his ground, but Hart is ready and leaps upward, taking Taylor to the ground with a Head Scissors and holding for an Arm Bar.

This brings Windham into the ring, who stomps on Hart's head and breaks his brother free. When the ref tries to intervene, Zack Ryder springs to life and uses the ref to gain some extra height, finally connecting with the Rough Ryder! The crowd roars as Windham rolls out of the ring and Ryder follows.

Inside the ring, Hart gets to his feet as Taylor struggles, and quickly takes him to the ground, applying the Dungeon Lock! Taylor cries out in pain and only lasts a few seconds before tapping out!

Spoiler

TJ Hart immediately releases the hold as the fans erupt and the bell sounds! Zack Ryder leaves Windham lying at ringside and joins his partner to celebrate their victory!

-Joey Styles "Bro Canada have made a statement here tonight, picking up their first win in their debut match in NEW!"
    -Coach "Better enjoy it while it lasts. It's a shame that these clowns will probably earn enough votes to get in at Pick Your Poison."

Ryder and Hart exit the arena together, high-fiving fans on their way out...Taylor slumps to ringside and helps Windham to his feet, who kicks the ring steps in frustration...

Commercial break...

Thread Information