Thread: New Era Wrestling

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: RT's New Era Wrestling

When we come back from the commercial break, the big screen above the stage springs to life with static...after a few seconds, this image appears with an emergency broadcast tone...

The view then cuts to Dean Ambrose, who is sitting behind a desk in a black leather chair...Ambrose is wearing black shorts and boots with a black blazer over his torso..he's leaning back with his feet on the desk and his hands behind his head, and the placard on the desk reads "General Manager Ambrose"...

-Dean Ambrose "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to New Era Wrestling Tuesday Night. I am your loveable General Manager and wrestling GOD, Dean Ambrose. But you can just call me 'Mr. Ambrose.' I like to keep things laid back around here."

Ambrose sits up and leans on his elbows..

-Dean Ambrose "You're probably asking yourself why an immortal icon like myself decided to jump ship to NEW, rather than pursue a career in the big leagues. There's two things wrong with that. First, you shouldn't be questioning the decisions of a God. Second, the WWE is NOT the big leagues. The big leagues exist only where Dean Ambrose exists, therefore New Era Wrestling is now the greatest company to ever exist ever."

The crowd buys the cheap pop, and Ambrose nods, holding up his hand to silence them..

-Dean Ambrose "Settle down..settle...HEY! SHUT UP!"

Ambrose slams his fists on the desk, and the sudden outburst earns some boos from the crowd..

-Dean Ambrose "When the boss is talking, you all listen. I know our big-toothed CEO promised that, and I quote, 'NEW won't have boring, washed up guys wasting time talking,' which is true. But I am neither boring, nor washed up, nor waisting your time. Your lives are now better having been graced with my voice. The entertainment value of this show just skyrocketed to well over 500% of market value. That is why I've declared myself the General Manager of NEW."

"You can't just throw a bunch of talentless showboats in a ring and expect things to work out. Clearly our CEO wasn't thinking when he didn't put someone in charge. Thankfully, I, Mr. Ambrose, have taken it upon myself to not only be the greatest superstar in the history of NEW and therefore, the history of the world, but I am also declaring myself GM of NEW Tuesday Night."

Ambrose earns himself a ton of heat, the crowd beginning to chant "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" *clap clap clapclapclap*...

-Dean Ambrose "You catch more flies with honey, you idiots. Clearly I have my work cut out for me. I was going to grace you all with my presence later tonight, but instead I'll just sit here and be bitter. You have yourselves to thank for that. See you next week IF you learn some manners first."

The screen cuts back to static, and we fade to commercial..

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When NEW Tuesday Night returns to the air, the fans give a heavily mixed reaction when they hear the music of Tyler Black...the former FCW Champion steps out onto the stage in black and red gear, his hair dyed half black and half red...

-Joey Styles "Not the reception I was expecting for Tyler Black."
    -Coach "Yeah, these fans are idiots. They should be cheering!"
    -Styles "I meant that I thought he would get booed more. After the comments he made about The Originators, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin specifically, I thought this audience would be against him more."
    -Coach "Don't complain that there are actually sensible people in this crowd, Joe. I'll just be happy when Tyler Black squashes Paul London like the bug he is."

Black climbs a turnbuckle and plays to the crowd, acting rather dismissive of the booing fans...

Then, for the first time in the evening, the music of The Originators begins to play and the fans go wild! Paul London charges out the entry way and sprints to the ring, sliding under the bottom rope and immediately leaping up the nearest turnbuckle, driving the fans crazy!

-Joey Styles "That's more like it!"
    -Coach "Ugh. BOOO!!"

Paul London points at Tyler Black as he removes his black and white vest...Black looks livid as he steps closer to London, whon hops off the turnbuckle and lands behind the referee...the ref gets in front of Black and warns him, telling him to return to his corner to start the match...Tyler Black leaves some choice words for London before doing as the ref says...

Tyler Black vs. Paul London

The second the bell rings, Tyler Black charges at London and swings wildly at him. London easily ducks out of the way and launches himself at Black, striking him in the head with his elbow. Black staggers against the turnbuckle and London begins driving his shoulder into Black's midsection over and over. After several shoulder strikes, Black falls to his backside and London backs up, charging at Black and connecting with a Face Wash. London's boot goes through the ropes and he reaches for Black, but Tyler Black is already outside the ring.

As Black walks around the ring shaking his head, London pulls himself to the top rope. As Black turns to face London, he leaps for a Diving Crossbody and connects, taking both him and Black to the ground. The fans cheer loudly, chanting London's name as he springs to his feet and poses.

London then drags Tyler Black to his feet and rolls him in the ring. As Black lies on his back, London gets on the apron and goes for a Slingshot Senton, but Black moves and London's head is driven into the canvas. As London slowly gets up, Black dives at him from his knees and hits a Lariat that slows London down considerably. Black goes for the cover and gets a quick 2-count.

With London dazed. Tyler Black takes control and is the first to his feet. He sends London into a corner and works him over with elbow strikes and stiff punches to London's midsection. After a long attack that wears London down and gives Black a chance to catch his breath, Tyler Black whips London across the ring. Black follows close behind and London counters by running up the turnbuckle and leaping backwards with a Moonsault. London miscalculates and misses Black, who runs right underneath him. London manages to land on his feet and as Black spins around, London connects with a Dropsault, knocking Black against the turnbuckles. London quickly springs forward from his knees, hitting a Flying Headbutt to Black's stomach that knocks him to his knees.

Paul London then lifts Black up and hooks his head, looking for a Tornado DDT. London gets as far as leaping from the turnbuckle, but Tyler Black throws him into the centre of the ring. As London rises, Black connects with a Super Kick!

1!!

2!!

Paul London just gets a shoulder up, but the damage is done. London is face down and Black quickly rises to his feet, grabbing London's arms, pulling them behind his back. Black puts his boot to the back of London's head and looks out over the crowd, who have begun to turn on Black. Black smiles and pushes downward, driving London's face into the canvas with his trademark Local Man Ruins Everything.

Tyler Black then leans over the top rope and grins at the crowd, running his thumb across his throat. The crowd boos louder as Black turns and drags London to his feet. Black sets up London for a Turnbuckle Powerbomb, but as he prepares to launch London at the corner, Paul London flips over Black's back and surprises him with a Roll Up pin!

1!!

2!!

Tyler Black drives his heel into London's head, knocking him loose. Black is the first up and as London rises, Black goes for another Superkick, but this time London ducks and connects with another Dropsault! Black falls backwards and London slowly gets up, giving Black too much time to recover. London squares off with Black and looks for a Sliced Bread #2, but Black simply tosses Paul London forward into the centre of the ring. As Paul London rises to his feet, Tyler Black boots him in the gut and wraps him up, connecting with God's Last Gift and sealing the victory.

Spoiler

Tyler Black gets to his feet as the bell rings, and stands over Paul London, glaring down at him...the referee raises Black's arm and he savours the victory, standing tall and grinning at the booing crowd..

-Joey Styles "Paul London starts his second run in New Era Wrestling the same way he did the first time: with a loss."
    -Coach "Are you surprised, Joe? Tyler Black said he was going to become the NEW World Champion, and after that display, I wouldn't be surprised."
    -Styles "He's still got a long way to go before getting his shot at that belt, but what a start. Up next, The Originators try to save some pride as Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin step into the ring against the Young Bucks!"

Tyler Black wipes sweat off his brow and disrespectfully flicks it at Paul London before exiting the ring and heading up the ramp...

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the break, the screen above the stage lights up and we see Jay & Mark Briscoe sitting outside the J.S. Dorton Arena in the parking lot...Jay and Mark are seated in lawn chairs behind a large pick-up truck and are tailgating with a group of screaming fans..

Quote Originally Posted by Stage Screen - The Briscoes
    "Big match comin' up, eh Mark?"

"What's that Jay?"

"I said 'big match comin' up, eh Mark!?'"

"Yes yes, it would appear so. So what are we doin' out in the parking lot?"

"You mean other than sittin' back and crushing beers with these loud-ass mother fuckers? Well we're out here because we're on a bye this week. The Briscoes drew the short straw and they're gonna sit outside and lock this shit down in true Laurel fashion!"

The fans cheer and scream as Jay and Mark raise their beer cans and toast each other, before chugging the beers and slamming them on the pavement.

"Best of luck, fellas! You're gonna need it come next week!"

When Hanson takes over the screen from The Briscoes, the fans boo louder than they have all night...not a single person is happy to see The Young Bucks as they step onto the stage and flex..

-Joey Styles "Our second Round Robin match is about to begin, and I for one can't wait!"
    -Coach "You going to say that about everything tonight, Joe? How about showing some respect to the best tag team in NEW."
    -Styles "You can't mean.."
    -Coach "Of course I do! The Briscoes should be out here, not getting drunk in the parking lot!"
    -Styles "Those fans seemed to enjoy it."
    -Coach "Those fans are alcoholics."

Matt and Nick Jackson stand on the bottom rope on opposite sides of the ring, grinning wide at the fans in the front row...several fans are already chanting insults and curse words at them, which only get louder as the music fades out..

..which gives way to loud cheers! The audience erupts and gives the biggest pop of the night so far as The Originators theme hits for a second time! Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin step onto the stage and point at The Young Bucks before rushing to the ring and sliding into place! Matt and Nick Jackson attack them immediately, and all four men begin to brawl as the fans go wild and the bell rings!

Shelley & Sabin vs. The Young Bucks

Alex Shelley and Nick Jackson exchange punches as Chris Sabin forces Matt Jackson back into a corner. Sabin begins kicking Matt in the stomach, forcing him to the ground. Sabin presses his knee against Matt's neck and the referee counts him off, trying to restore order. Chris Sabin rips off his black hoodie and throws it out of the ring as he storms over to his partner.

Sabin slaps Shelley on the shoulder and the two send Nick Jackson into the ropes. Nick rebounds and Shelley and Sabin hit a Double Hip Toss, then slap hands before dropping Double Elbows on Nick's chest. Shelley and Sabin then play to the crowd for a moment before Chris Sabin goes back to work on Nick, and Alex Shelley and Matt Jackson take their spots on the apron.

With order finally restored, Chris Sabin goes to work. Nick gets sent into the ropes again, but this time he hooks his arms as Sabin looks for a Sit-Out Dropkick and finds nothing, landing hard on his lower back. Sabin cries out in pain as Nick hits a Dropkick of his own to Sabin's chest, slamming him backward and going for a pin, earning himself a 2-count.

Sabin easily kicks out and Nick Jackson turns the tables, pounding his fist into Sabin's head multiple times. Nick then brings Sabin into his corner and tags in Matt, where both men kick Sabin several times in the corner, until the ref throws Nick out of the ring.

Matt takes his time working over Chris Sabin, isolating him in the ring and keeping him from tagging out. This goes on for several minutes with Matt and Nick doing everything in their power to generate as much heat as possible. Finally, Matt puts Sabin in a Reverse Chin Lock. He holds the lock for a moment before Alex Shelley starts pounding his fist on the turnbuckle, rallying the audience. Sabin springs to life and flips over onto his back, pinning Matt Jackson's shoulders underneath him and forcing him to kick out and break the lock. Matt is the first to his feet and he angrily charges at Sabin, who hits an Arm Drag followed by a Hip Toss, followed by a Dropkick that sends Matt Jackson flying through the ropes.

Sabin wisely tags out and Alex Shelley hops over the top rope, charging across the ring before Matt Jackson can recover. As Matt gets to his feet, he's met by Alex Shelley, who connects with a Suicide Dive! Both men crash into the announce table at ringside.

Shelley then drags Matt to his feet and tosses him in the ring. Shelley stands beside Nick Jackson on the apron, and with the referee checking Matt in the ring, Nick sneaks in a cheap shot by sweeping Shelley's leg and causing him to fall chin-first on the edge of the ring. Shelley collapses on the arena floor, but almost immediately Chris Sabin is there for revenge! Sabin pulls Nick off the apron and begins beating him down outside the ring. He and Shelley set Nick up for a Double Suplex, lifting him up, then dropping him back down stomach-first on the crowd barrier!

Alex Shelley immediately crawls back in the ring where Matt Jackson is standing talking to the ref. When Matt sees Shelley, he shoves the ref aside and swings at Alex Shelley, but Shelley ducks and drills Matt with a Superkick! Matt goes down like a sack of bricks and Shelley easily locks in the Border City Stretch! With Nick isolated in the crowd and Sabin standing guard, Matt has no choice but to tap!

Spoiler

The crowd goes insane as Alex Shelley delays breaking the submission for a few seconds, just for good measure..Chris Sabin immediately joins him in the ring and the two celebrate in the ring, basking in the roar of the crowd..

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we return from the break, the fans begin to cheer and whistle as we see a shot of the beautiful Maria Kanellis backstage, mic in hand, a huge black and white NEW backdrop behind her..

-Maria Kanellis "Ladies and gentlemen, please help me welcome Eric Young!"

The TNEW marks in attendance give a loud cheer for Eric Young as he steps onto stage, rubbing his shaved head, clearly frustrated..he's wearing his same custom leather jacket from TNEW with the large red maple leaf on the back and a banner wrapped around it that reads "Canadian Made"..

-Maria Kanellis "Eric, how do you-"

-Eric Young "I shouldn't even be here, Maria. I should be OUT THERE!"

-Maria Kanellis "Eric, what do you mean?"

-Eric Young "Oh don't play dumb with me, Maria. You're better than that. And I'm better than THIS! The Main Event, for the NEW Television Championship. Who, above anyone else, deserves to be in that match? Huh!?"

-Maria Kanellis "Um, I'm guessing I'm supposed to say 'you do.'"

-Eric Young "You're DAMN RIGHT I do! This whole New Era Wrestling thing occupied and dominated TNA and televisions across the world, and who was the man that they saw holding the Television Championship week in and week out? Who was their beloved Champion then? Who was the star they all deserved?"

"It was ME. It was Eric Young, the purest wrestler in the business today, 100% Canadian Made, the beautiful great white north, that breeds only THE BEST superstars. Superstars like me, who deserve to be Television Champion."

Just then, Rob Van Dam wanders up behind Young and Maria..the fans can be heard screaming and cheering from the arena..when Maria turns and notices RVD, he puts a finger to his mouth and shushes her..

-Eric Young "You know, I'm really disappointed in this company and the powers that be."

RVD begins mocking Young, pretending to cry..Maria begins to snicker..

-Eric Young "I came here expecting to continue my reign as one of the best in the business, be the man that everyone loved in TNEW. Now I'm not even included in the premiere show."

RVD continues to mock Young, causing Maria to lose control and laugh..

-Eric Young "WHAT'S SO GOD DAMN FUN-"

Young spins and notices RVD behind him, and the two find each other face to face...Eric Young and Rob Van Dam stick out their chests and chins..

-Rob Van Dam "Oh no, please continue."

-Eric Young "You've got 3 seconds to get out of my face, or-"

-Rob Van Dam "Or what? You'll complain me to death? You'll cry a river so deep that the Whole FUCKING Show drowns in your syrupy Canadian tears? What, Eric? What will you do?"

Eric Young breathes heavily, his nostrils flaring, but he does nothing...Young takes a step back, gives Maria a disgusted look, then wanders away...Rob Van Dam watches him leave, nodding his head, then grabs Maria's hand and pulls the mic in close..

-Rob Van Dam "Eric Young doesn't get it, Maria. Eric Young wants to talk about how things were? Yeah, back then, Eric Young got the best of RVD, and he was a great Television Champion. But I am the greatest Television Champion, and when people go to sleep tonight in their warm, comfy beds, The Whole Fucking Television Champion will be Five-Star Frog Splashing whiney bitches like Eric Young in their dreams! Who's going to be Television Champion after tonight?"

-Maria Kanellis "Rob Van Dam?"

-Rob Van Dam "WRONG! It's going to be.."

RVD takes a step back, raising his arms, the crowd shouting along with him!

"ROB...VAN...DAM!!!"

RVD walks off as Maria smiles wide..

-Maria Kanellis "The Main Event is coming at you, NEXT!"

Commerical break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Valerie Wynd "The following contest is a Fatal Fourway Elimination Match for the New Era Wrestling Television Championship!"

-Valerie Wynd "Making his way to the ring, weighing in at 237 lbs., from Battle Creek, Michigan..."

"ROB...VAN...DAM!!"

-Joey Styles "Is it weird that I'm getting chills seeing Rob Van Dam walking to the ring to take part in a Television Championship match?"
    -Coach "Not as weird as your erection."

RVD hops in the ring, arms raised, chatting it up with Valerie Wynd before beginning to stretch...

-Valerie Wynd "Also making his way to the ring, weighing in at 178 lbs., from Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland...Prince Devitt!"

Prince Devitt raises his arm and points to the heavens as he marches to the ring, getting a rather warm reception from the North Carolina audience..

-Joey Styles "I've been waiting all night to see this young Irishman in action. From what I've seen, it's no wonder that Adam Copeland wanted this guy in NEW more than anyone."
    -Coach "He's certainly a talented guy, but I'm skeptical. I'm not sure how the American audience is going to take to his brand of wrestling."
    -Joey Styles "Trust me, Coach. You put RVD and Devitt in the ring together, you're going to have a happy audience every time."
    -Coach "How would you know? They've never faced one another!"

Prince Devitt climbs over the nearest turnbuckle to hop into the ring, then struts to the centre and raises his arm...RVD starts the friendly trash talk, but offers his hand at the same time..the two shake and continue warming up..

-Valerie Wynd "And their next opponent, weighing in at 200 lbs., from Tampa Bay, Florida...Roderick Strong!"

Roderick Strong takes his time, not appearing on the stage for a moment...he waits for his cue, then steps onto the stage and makes a throat cutting motion and glares at RVD and Devitt the whole way to the ring, not acknowledging the crowd in the least...

-Joey Styles "And what can we expect from Roderick Strong, Coach?"
    -Coach "Intensity, brutality, and if you ask me, a win."
    -Joey Styles "He's your pick to take the title?"
    -Coach "He should be everyone's pick. Roderick Strong is the total package; the real deal. He's all business and is the definition of domination. Hey, that's not a bad catchphrase."
    -Joey Styles "The Definition Of Domination, Roderick Strong...that's actually pretty good."

Strong climbs into the ring and sticks out his chin, looking as intimidating as possible...RVD offers a handshake to him as well, but Strong simply looks at his hand and swats it away...RVD and Strong get nose-to-nose, but the referee seperates them...

-Valerie Wynd "And the final participant, weighing in at 212 lbs., from Toronto, Canada...Christian!"

As The Black Keys shake the speakers in the arena, Christian steps onto the stage and stands with his arms spread wide as a golden fountain of sparks shoots in the air behind him...the peeps in the audience give a huge pop as Captain Charisma slowly makes his way to the ring..

-Joey Styles "The Pontiff Of The Peepulation has arrived!"
    -Coach "Ugh."
    -Joey Styles "What? A cocky, charismatic winner like Christian isn't someone The Coach likes? I'm shocked."

Christian stands at ringside and watches the other three men in the ring...he smirks and takes his time, pacing around the ring and slapping hands with a few fans...the referee tries to get Christian to enter the ring, but he waves off the ref and continues to chat with the fans...

...then suddenly, Prince Devitt flies over the top rope! He takes down Christian with a Springboard Crossbody! The crowd goes wild as both men crash to the floor! Inside the ring, Roderick Strong seizes the opportunity to give RVD a cheap shot, and the referee has no choice but to ring the bell!

Rob Van Dam vs. Prince Devitt vs. Roderick Strong vs. Christian
    NEW Television Championship

Christian lies face down outside the ring while Prince Devitt shakes his head and recovers quickly. Inside the ring, Roderick Strong slams his fist into RVD's back several times before sending him into the ropes. When RVD returns, Strong leaps over RVD's head and keeps him running. Strong goes for a Hip Toss on the return, but RVD counters and stands his ground, before connecting with a high kick to the face. Strong staggers backwards and leans into the ropes, springing forward for a Lariat, but RVD is ready and catches his arm, dragging him to the ground and rolling him into a Crucifix Pin! Strong easily kicks out and get to their feet, where they square off and RVD gives Strong the finger, throwing the fans into an "RVD!" chant.

Strong throws a kick at RVD in frustration, but RVD catches his leg and hits a Step Over Heel Kick. RVD rolls to his feet, but doesn't see Prince Devitt crouching on the top rope behind him. Devitt leaps into the ring and hits a Diving Bulldog, slamming RVD face first into the canvas before rolling to his feet and Clotheslining Roderick Strong out of the ring.

RVD tries to shake off the attack, but Devitt pulls him to his feet before he can and drills The Whole Fucking Show with a European Uppercut. RVD falls into a corner and Devitt isolates him there, hitting kick after kick to RVD's head and midsection. Devitt then pulls RVD forward and hoists him up in a Suplex position, stalling for a moment and earning applause from the crowd before dropping RVD with a Brainbuster. Devitt goes for the cover and RVD kicks out at 2.

Devitt pulls RVD to his feet again, but this time, Rob Van Dam snaps his arms free and kicks Devitt in the gut. RVD turns and runs off the ropes, hopping over Devitt for a Roll Up. Devitt slams his legs on RVD's head and and sits up, hooking RVD's leg for a pin. Van Dam lifts Devitt off him and rolls onto his stomach as Devitt gets up and charges into the ropes. RVD does the splits as Devitt hops over him and rebounds off the far ropes. RVD rolls backwards and puts his legs over his head for a modified Monkey Flip, but Devitt stops and grabs his ankles, pulling RVD over into a Wheelbarrow position. Devitt quickly steps over RVD's legs and grabs his arms, then falls backwards and locks Van Dam in a Surfboard Stretch out of nowhere! The fans go wild as RVD screams in pain, shaking his head as the ref talks to him. The chants have changed to "PRINCE DEVITT!", until Roderick Strong returns to the ring and kicks Devitt in the head, knocking him loose.

The fans boo as Strong picks up Devitt and hits a Short Arm Lariat, causing Devitt to do a full flip before landing on his back. Strong immediately goes to the top rope and hits a Moonsault on Devitt, holding for a 2-count.

Strong lifts Devitt to his feet and tosses him over the top rope, where he lands beside a resting Christian. Back in the ring, Strong pulls a wary RVD to his feet and sends him into the ropes, connecting with a Tilt-A-Whirl Backbreaker and covering for 2. Strong then lifts RVD up and makes a throat cutting motion again before putting him in a Fireman's Carry position. Strong atttempts the Death By Roderick, but RVD slides off his back just in time, bouncing off the ropes and hitting a Running Spinning Wheel Kick. RVD slowly gets to his feet and sees Strong in position, so he turns and bounces off the adjacent ropes, going for a Rolling Thunder...

...but Strong gets his knees up! RVD bends awkwardly and clutches his back as Strong gets to his feet. He pulls RVD up and hoists him onto his shoulders again, this time connecting with the Death By Roderick and earning the 3-count on the Whole Fucking Show.

Spoiler

The crowd is silenced, save for some scattered boos, as Roderick Strong poses in the ring. He then drags RVD to his feet and tosses him over the top rope and to the floor.

Strong leans over the ropes and mouths off at RVD, completely unaware that Christian and Prince Devitt have climbed back into the ring. The crowd roars as Devitt and Christian drop Strong with a Double Clothesline! Christian then goes up top as Devitt leaps onto the second rope, hitting an Asai Moonsault. Christian leaps from the top and connects with a Diving Elbow Drop, before covering and earning a near fall.

Christian pulls Roderick Strong to his feet, but as he does, Devitt sneaks up behind him and pulls Christian backward, hitting a Lung Blower and earning a mixed reaction from the crowd. Christian rolls out of the ring as Devitt lunges at Strong, who is groggy and misses a lazy Clothesline attmept. Devitt ducks and sprints up behind Strong, who turns right into a Calf Kick! Devitt's speed and agility keep the crowd on his side as he quickly scrambles over Strong and puts him in an STF.

Strong screams in pain as he reaches for the ropes. Strong might as well be miles away and he raises his hand as if he might tap, but before he does Christian crawls back into the ring and stomps on Devitt's head, clearly angry about turning on him moments ago. Christian pulls Devitt to his feet and hits a quick Snap Suplex. Christian watches as Devitt rolls out of the ring, but as he does, Strong hooks an arm between his legs and rolls Christian up, getting a long 2-count. Christian gets up first, visibly angry now, and rushes at Strong, who ducks, hits the ropes, then drops Christian with the Sick Kick!

Strong then grabs Christian's legs, trying to lock him into an Elevated Boston Crab, but Christian won't roll over. He fights out of it and flips Roderick Strong onto his back, slowly pulling himself up while holding his jaw. As Strong rises, Christian tries to charge at him, but Prince Devitt appears on the apron and grabs his head, snapping him backward over the top rope. Devitt then slides into the ring and hits another Calf Kick to Roderick Strong! The crowd cheers as Devitt quickly picks up Strong and nails the Bloody Sunday! Devitt covers and gets the three!

Spoiler

The fans are on their feet now as Devitt drags Christian into the centre of the ring, Strong rolling out onto the floor. Devitt steps over Christian and tries to control one of his legs, but Christian uses his free leg to kick Devitt forward and into the corner. Christian gets to his feet and is taken completely by surprise as Devitt uses his momentum to run up the turnbuckle and hit a Moonsault! Devitt lands on top of Christian and covers for a 2-count.

Devitt then pulls Christian to his feet and hoists him onto his shoulders, looking for the Prince's Throne. But before he can execute, Christian slides off Devitt's back and sets up for the Unprettier! The fans cheer but before Christian can drop, Devitt stands him up, keeping Christian's arms trapped, and dropping him on his head!

Devitt is tired, but slinks to his feet, pulling Christian with him. Christian is completely out of it as Devitt connects with another Bloody Sunday and covers!

1!!

2!!

3!!

Spoiler

Prince Devitt is pulled to his feet by the ref, his arm raised in victory! The fans cheer loudly and give Devitt the ovation he deserves as Valerie Wynd climbs the ring steps, the NEW Television Championship in her hands...Valerie gets behind Prince Devitt, still standing with his arms raised, and wraps the shining title around his waist...

Valerie Wynd steps back to applaud as Prince Devitt basks in the ovation, when suddenly someone appears in the ring behind him! It's...

Spoiler

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW Premiere Recap & Results
    New Era Wrestling's NEW Tuesday Night premiered in a big way this past week, earning themselves a rating of 1.9 for the show, which ran just over 90 minutes in length. NEW CEO Adam Copeland could not be reached for comment, but has been vocal on Twitter about the show's early success.

The rating is much higher than anticipated for two very likely reasons. First, it was the premiere show that was hyped for weeks, feeding off the tremendous success of TNEW and the fans' cries for something more. Secondly, NEW finds itself the sole source for sports entertainment on Tuesday nights, and with no competition in that category, we should be seeing even higher numbers in the future.

To go along with the exceptional rating, NEW's official website is reporting that, although they can't account for the number of streams happening worldwide after the show went off the air, their servers were "working overtime". Furthermore, NEW is reporting that the show has been downloaded over 100,000 times in the past week, and that's only on the official site, as there is no way of tracking pirated copies and the like.

Quick Results
    Drew Galloway def. AJ Styles

Tag Team Round Robin Match
    Bro Canada! def. US Express 2.0

Tyler Black def. "The Originator" Paul London

"The Originators" Shelley & Sabin def. The Young Bucks

Prince Devitt (c) def. Rob Van Dam, Roderick Strong & Christian

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a full review coming your way RT, but I just want to get this in before you start another show. That first episode of NEW Teusday Night was excellent. Great show to start it all off with, because I am hooked. Loved every match, and I really liked Ambrose's promo. 5 star stuff for sure.

Then you have custom intro videos that you made from scratch. It doesn't get any more awesome than that. There aren't anymore excuses as far as being unfamiliar with your roster. I love the bio's on the first page. I love everything about this so far.

ECW: Fuck The Bullshit

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greensboro, NC, USA
    Greensboro Coliseum
    Att: 15,500

The camera pans the much bigger Greensboro Coliseum as the second episode of NEW Tuesday Night goes live to air!

-Joey Styles "The upper deck may be closed off, but every other seat in this house has a cheering NEW fan in it, or at least it would if they weren't all on their feet! Welcome to NEW Tuesday Night!"
    -Coach "These fans have plenty to be jumping and cheering about, Joe. Tonight, the Tag Team Round Robin continues with the US Express 2.0 trying to earn their first victory as a team against none other than "The Originators" Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin!"
    -Joey Styles "And don't forget that The Briscoes are making their NEW debut against the beloved Bro Canada!"

The camera zooms in on a fan in a Zack Ryder costume waving a modified Canadian flag has Ryder's trademark sunglasses and spiked hair on the maple leaf...

The fans then give a heavily mixed reaction as we hear the theme of Tyler Black...Black barely notices the crowd as he runs his hand through his black and red hair and casually climbs into the ring..

-Coach "This is certainly no way to treat the future NEW World Champion."
    -Joey Styles "After the disrespect he showed their beloved lead Originator last week, it's no wonder that they're booing him. You need to pay more attention, Coach."
    -Coach "And you need to stop pandering to the sheep."

Black stands in the centre of the ring, hands on his hips...

Then the ovation begins all over again as Matt Sydal bursts through the entry way and runs to one end of the stage, pointing to the fans! Sydal has a huge smile on his face as he does the same at the other end of the stage, before removing his sleeveless shirt and jogging to the ring, sliding into place..

-Joey Styles "Tyler Black is going to have his work cut out for him against the much faster and agile Matt Sydal."
    -Coach "He's certainly the most enthusiastic person to step in an NEW ring thus far. I don't know if I'd be this enthusiastic about getting my ass whooped."

Sydal runs right up a turnbuckle and throws his arms in the air, grinning wide over the cheering audience...but as he hops off the corner and into the ring, he's met with a Forearm Smash from Tyler Black! The fans boo as Sydal drops to his back and the bell sounds..

Tyler Black vs. Matt Sydal

Tyler Black all but seals his heel status as the fans turn on him completely for the cheapshot on Sydal. Black drops to his knees and drives his fist into Sydal's head several times before roughly dragging him to his feet and hitting a huge Stalling Suplex. Black gets right to his feet and towers over the much smaller Sydal, flexing his arms and shouting at the audience.

As Joey Styles and Coach argue about size over speed, Tyler Black pulls Matt Sydal back to his feet and sets him up for God's Last Gift and an early finish, but Matt Sydal manages to squirm out of Black's finisher and roll over his back, running into the ropes. Sydal looks for a Crossbody, but Black catches him rather easily and hits a Fallaway Slam.

Sydal finds himself in serious trouble as he struggles on his hands and knees, and for a second week in a row, Tyler Black connects with his vicious Curb Stomp, otherwise known as Local Man Ruins Everything. Sydal is helpless after that, and is pulled to his feet and planted with God's Last Gift and a 3-count.

Spoiler

The fans boo as Tyler Black dusts his hands, smirking as he paces in the ring and grins at the audience...

-Joey Styles "Well that ended as fast as it started. That is definitely not the NEW debut that Matt Sydal wanted to make."
    -Coach "Well that's what happens when you have a pipsqueak like him running around trying to prove something."
    -Joey Styles "Matt Sydal has proven himself plenty, Coach. And if I know him, he'll shake this off and be right back here next week."
    -Coach "So he's not only tiny, but stupid too. Gotcha."

Tyler Black slowly exits the ring with a big smile on his face as he heads up the ramp toward the backstage area...

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the break, we see Tyler Black walking backstage...he turns a corner and heads into a locker room, where Drew Galloway is seated in a chair, his legs up on a gym bag and his hands clasped behind his head..

-Drew Galloway "Congrats, my boy!"

Tyler Black is unimpressed, and he kicks Galloway's feet off the gym bag, causing Galloway to stand up...both men get nose-to-nose, Galloway's smirk mirroring Black's snarl..

-Tyler Black "What the hell do you want?"

-Drew Galloway "It wasn't obvious enough for ya, lass? I was offering my respects, congratulating you for beating yet another boy half your size. You're a real tough lass, aye?"

-Tyler Black "Your feet were on my bag."

-Drew Galloway (laughing) "Aye, they were! But don't get too excited, I'm afraid I don't swing that way!"

Black shoves Galloway backwards into some lockers, then takes a swing at him! Galloway ducks and Black's fist slams into the metal locker, creating a huge dent! Galloway then starts throwing punches at Black's midsection, who fires back by hammering his fist into Galloway's spine!

Before things can get too out of hand, several other NEW stars in the locker room seperate the two with the help of some officials...both men continue swinging and kicking, and leave each other with some choice words...Black is eventually pushed out of the locker room, and things settle down...

++++++++++

The view cuts to another area backstage where we see the lovely Maria Kanellis standing by with none other than Eric Young...the crowd boos Young as he stands with his hands on his hips, the collar on his custom leather jacket pulled up around his ears..

-Maria Kanellis "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here with NEW Superstar Eric Young. Eric, you wanted to-"

Eric Young pulls the mic from Maria's hand, and begins shouting into the camera..

-Eric Young "I wanted to tell Prince Devitt that Eric Young is coming for him! I wanted to remind everyone out there, every stoner jackass that is laughing behind my back, everyone that thinks they deserve a shot at the Television Championship that they need to go through ME first!"

Just then, Prince Devitt wanders up behind Eric Young, the NEW Television Championship around his waist! The fans roar as Devitt appears ready for a match, and he slaps Eric Young on the shoulder, spinning him around..

-Eric Young "And I-HEY! Wha-...what do you want?"

-Prince Devitt "It's you that wants something, ain't it?"

-Eric Young "Y-..yeah."

-Prince Devitt "Well, get to askin' then."

-Eric Young "I-..I want a shot at the Television Championship."

-Prince Devitt "You got it. See ya out there."

Devitt slaps Young on the shoulder again as he walks off, winking at Maria, who shoots him a smile back...the fans roar as Eric Young looks puzzled, then adjusts his collar and storms off after Devitt..

-Joey Styles "Well I guess that settles it then! Eric Young gets his shot at the Television Championship, NEXT!"

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quick acoustic intro to Big Sugar's cove of "Dear Mr. Fantasy" used to drive the NEW fans wild, but as Eric Young steps out onto the stage, his back to the crowd, pointing at the giant red maple leaf on his back, he hears only boos..

-Joey Styles "Well if you need a lesson in how to make a crowd of people turn on you overnight, just do what Eric Young does."
    -Coach "What? Call the fans on their BS? Demand a title shot that is rightfully his? Sorry Joe, I don't see what Eric Young did wrong here. He held the TNEW Television Championship for damn near 6 months, and nobody is more deserving of this shot than him."

Eric Young rubs his hands as he marches to the ring, jogging up the ring steps..he removes his jacket and hands it to Valerie Wynd at ringside before beginning to hop back and forth on his feet, warming up...

And as Eric Young watches from the ring, the fans rise to their feet and cheer for the NEW Television Champion, Prince Devitt! As Devitt steps out on stage and throws his arm in the air, Eric Young only glares at the shining Television title wrapped around his waist..

-Joey Styles "Well that's jealousy if I've ever seen it."
    -Coach "You of all people should be more than familiar with being jealous."
    -Joey Styles "Are you just going to try and turn everything I say into an insult?"
    -Coach "Are YOU going to try and-"
    -Joey Styles "Ugh..never mind."

Devitt jogs up the ring steps and right up the nearest turnbuckle, raising his fist in the air again as the fans cheer even louder...Devitt then hops over the top rope and into the ring, removing the NEW Television title and handing it to the ref, who shows it off for everyone to see..

Eric Young vs. Prince Devitt

The bell rings and Young and Devitt square off, Devitt looking much more relaxed as he paces around Young and claps his hands, getting the fans going. Both men lock up and push one another around the ring, neither man giving up much ground. Devitt gets Young into a corner and shoves his arms into his face, which brings in the referee. He splits them up and Devitt backs up, and when he takes his eyes off Young for a second, Young boots him in the stomach and throws him in the corner. The fans boo as Young starts kicking Devitt in the stomach, eventually getting him into a seated position and stomping on his chest repeatedly.

When Young drops to his knees and starts slamming his fist into Devitt's head, the ref intervenes and pulls Young off. This angers Young and the two get into an argument, giving Devitt time to get back to his feet. When Young returns to the corner, Devitt connects with a Throat Punch that puts Young right on his back. The fans cheer as Devitt sits on the top rope and leaps from the second with a Diving Elbow Drop and a quick cover that Young immediately kicks out of.

Devitt goes to work and lies on Young's back, trapping him in a Rear Naked Choke. Young panics and thrashes around for a moment, struggling for air, but after a minute or so he manages to roll onto his back, putting Devitt's shoulders on the mat. The ref begins to count and Devitt is forced to break the hold in order to kick out.

Young rolls to his feet and swings at Devitt, who easily ducks out of the way and hits an Overhead Kick that stuns Young. He falls against the ropes and Devitt whips him across the ring. As Young bounces off the far ropes, Devitt launches himself off the second rope and meets Young in the centre of the ring with a Springboard Elbow Smash that earns a round of applause from the crowd and a quick 2-count for Devitt.

Devitt gets up and dusts his hands, calling for the end. The fans get to their feet as he waits for Eric Young to rise, preparing to finish him off. Devitt hooks Young's arm and sets him up for the Bloody Sunday, but Young slips out of it as Devitt lifts him. Devitt swings his leg for Young's head, but Young ducks beneath that too and kicks Devitt in the gut, nailing a Spike Piledriver out of nowhere!

The fans boo as Young falls on his back beside Devitt, clearly still feeling the effects of Devitt's onslaught. Young finally manages to cover, but the Television Champ gets a shoulder up just in time.

Young slams his fist into the mat and gets behind Devitt, grabbing his legs and setting up for a Youngblood Neckbreaker. He begins to hoist Devitt in the air, but as he does, Devitt pulls forward and rolls, flipping Young over and sitting on his chest for a Roll Up pin and the victory!

Spoiler

Eric Young flops out of the pinfall just as the ref's arm comes down for three, and as Devitt scrambles out of the ring, Young lunges after him...Devitt just gets under the bottom rope as Young reaches for him, and as the fans cheer, Devitt is handed the Television title and throws it over his shoulder, backing up the ramp..

In the ring, Eric Young is fuming, leaning over the top rope and glaring at Devitt..Prince Devitt winks at him before turning to the crowd and raising his fist...

...WHAM!!! Devitt is drilled from behind! Appearing out of nowhere and driving Prince Devitt to the ground is Eddie Kingston!

-Joey Styles "OH MY GOD! Eddie Kingston almost took Prince Devitt's head off! What a cheap shot!"
    -Coach "Eddie Kingston struck first, then struck second! He's making Prince Devitt's life in NEW a living hell!"

Kingston stands over Devitt for a moment, his face painted with black war paint...he pulls Devitt to his feet and runs him back down the ramp, tossing him into the ring...before Devitt can get to his feet, Eric Young lifts him up and connects with the Youngblood Neckbreaker as Eddie Kingston looks on...

As Kingston grins from ringside, Eric Young stands over Prince Devitt, the fans booing like crazy...

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're welcomed back by the sound of a roaring crowd and the theme music of The Originators as Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin charge out onto the stage, posing for the fans in attendance...the two men march to the ring as a graphic for the Round Robin tournament flashes on the screen momentarily...

-Joey Styles "These two men always exude confidence when arriving in an arena, but this week they have some extra swagger coming off a huge win against The Young Bucks."
    -Coach "Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin are obvious front-runners for the fan voting, but they better not underestimate the US Express 2.0. Also, it's only a matter of time before they step into the ring with my choice for the first NEW Tag Team Champions, The Briscoes."

Shelley and Sabin pose on opposite turnbuckles as the music of their opponents hits...

As Bruce Springsteen takes over the speakers, the fans in attendance turn on the third generation stars when they arrive on stage...Windham and Taylor Rotunda, otherwise known as the U.S. Express 2.0, b-line it for the ring, both looking much more focused than last week..

-Joey Styles "Losing your debut match is hard to shake, and the US Express 2.0 has a huge hill to climb against two thirds of The Originators."
    -Coach "I have faith in these two, Joe. They need a win here in a big way, and will definitely do anything to get it."

Windham and Taylor don't waste any time playing to the crowd...once again, Taylor steps into the ring first and glares at Chris Sabin, who removes his black hoodie and tosses it on the floor...

"The Originators" Shelley & Sabin vs. U.S. Express 2.0

Sabin goes for a lock up, but Taylor gives Sabin a kick to the midsection instead. Taylor immediately puts Sabin in a Top Wrist Lock and controls his right arm, which Sabin easily reverses. Taylor and Sabin go through a brief exchange, each reversal getting more flashy for Chris Sabin and earning applause from the crowd. Eventually, Sabin finds himself in a Full Nelson, which he reverses by dropping to his backside and driving Taylor's jaw into the top of his head. Sabin springs free and bounces off the ropes, launching Taylor backwards with a Dropkick to the chest. Sabin watches as Taylor crawls to his feet and tags in Windham.

This time both men circle each other and when Sabin comes in for a lock up, Windham obliges and uses his sheer size advantage to bully Sabin around the ring. Taylor watches from the apron as his brother shows him how it's done and isolates Sabin in a corner, landing a huge forehand Chop to the chest that puts Sabin right on his knees. Windham lands a hard punch to the head and then grabs on to Sabin with a Shoulder Claw that makes him scream out loud.

As Alex Shelley watches helplessly, his partner is picked apart by Windham Rotunda, looking much more impressive this week than last. Windham uses his weight and mat ability to keep Sabin on the ground for several minutes, culminating in a Camel Clutch right in the centre of the ring. With Windham sitting on his back, Sabin is helpless, but refuses to tap out. Frustrated, Windham Rotunda gets up and stomps viciously on Chris Sabin's lower back before backing into the ropes and hitting a Body Splash on his spine. Windham flips him over for a near fall, then tags his brother in.

The damage is done to Chris Sabin when Taylor comes in to play, and Windham easily nails a Backbreaker, which he holds as Taylor leaps off the top rope and hits a Leg Drop, flipping Sabin onto his head. Taylor goes for the pin and Alex Shelley has seen enough, storming the ring and kicking Taylor in the head. Windham doesn't hesitate when he sees Shelley in the ring and drops him with a Lariat.

The referee tries to restore order, but Windham shoves the ref out of the way and goes after Alex Shelley, who has rolled out of the ring. As Windham beats Shelley around the ring, Taylor crouches in a corner and beckons Sabin to get up. Sabin eventually obliges Taylor, who springs outward, looking for the Taylor Made, but Sabin falls to his back and hits a Drop Toe Hold, driving Taylor's head full speed into the bottom turnbuckle! Taylor goes limp and appears to be out cold as Sabin hooks his crotch and rolls him up for the victory!

Spoiler

The bell sounds and the crowd roars as Chris Sabin falls on his back, exhausted and hurting...outside the ring, Windham Rotunda stops his onslaught on Alex Shelley to see that his team has lost once again...Windham swears loudly before kicking the ring steps, then climbs into the ring...he stands over his brother, who is still out cold, putting his hands on his hips and trying to decipher what happened...the ref fills him in, and Windham swears again, kicking the very turnbuckle that took out his brother moments ago...

Chris Sabin rolls out of the ring, and while he and Shelley are more worse for wear, they are the victors, and eventually get to their feet and back up the ramp, celebrating through the pain...

++++++++++

Cutting backstage, we see the elegant Valerie Wynd backstage in front of the NEW backdrop...

-Valerie Wynd "Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Captain Charisma, the Pontiff of the Peeple..Chrisian!"

Christian steps into view wearing a yellow t-shirt with black lettering that reads "Redefining Christianity"...he has a smile on his face as he winks at the camera...

-Valerie Wynd "After your disappointing loss last week, what are your plans for-"

-Chrisian "Whoa whoa whoa, Val. Disappointing? What do you mean?"

-Valerie Wynd "Well I just assumed it was, given what was at stake?"

-Chrisian "Pfff, the Television Championship? Hell I'm thankful that I got eliminated from that match. I didn't give up everything to come here and be some second rate star. No, no, Val. Do you really think I would do that to my Peeps?"

Christian looks into the camera again, smiling as the crowd roars and he earns his cheap pop..

-Valerie Wynd "So what happens next?"

-Christian "What happens next? I become NEW World Champion, THAT'S what happens next!"

The fans cheer again, chanting Christian's name...but the pop is short-lived as AJ Styles steps into view, shoving Christian aside and getting in close to the mic..

-AJ Styles "Wait a minute! Wait a damn minute! You? The NEW World Champion? Come on, man! What makes you think that you even have a chance!?"

Christian starts to speak, but AJ Styles arrogantly talks over him..

-AJ Styles "The people you speak of didn't come here to watch your boring ass, they came here to be amazed. They came here for The Phenomenal One, the ONLY future NEW World Champion!"

Christian finally gets angry and grabs Styles by the shoulder, spinning him around to face him...Valerie repositions to get the microphone in between them, barely enough room for her to do so..

-Christian "I had a feeling someone was going to step up when I made that claim, I just didn't think it was going to be a midget."

-AJ Styles "And I didn't think you were going to show up here and keep living in your brother's shadow."

The fans let out a loud "OHHH!" as Christian and Styles touch foreheads, both about to erupt...

-Christian "Be in the ring later tonight, or I'll drag you there myself."

Christian storms off and AJ Styles looks on momentarily before doing the same...Valerie Wynd is left speechless as we go to commercial...

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A brief commercial break gives way to Pantera, which drives the crowd wild and amps them up for the arrival of Rob Van Dam!

RVD gets the crowd going from the stage with his signature taunt, before heading to the ring and warming up..

-Joey Styles "I know we're supposed to use this time to hype up the ensuing match, but I can't get over what just happened backstage."
    -COach "You're telling me. I can't wait for AJ Styles to teach that punk Christian a lesson!"
    -Joey Styles "That sure got heated quickly, and won't only serve as our main event for the evening, but certainly have major implications on the World Championship picture."
    -Coach "Yeah, like AJ Styles winning it."
    -Joey Styles "I thought you were a Tyler Black man."
    -Coach "What did you just say to me?"
    -Joey Styles "That could've been phrased better. My bad, homie."

As RVD continues to stretch in the ring, Joey Styles and The Coach are interrupted by the music of The Originators! The fans go wild as the theme plays for a second time tonight and Paul London charges to the ring, sliding in under the bottom rope and coming to a halt right in front of RVD..RVD sticks out his hand and Paul London accepts, hopping to his feet as the fans continue to cheer...

...until the music of Roderick Strong hits...the fans aren't happy to see Strong entering the arena after his actions last week, but Strong couldn't care less...he walks to the ring confidently wearing a grey t-shirt that reads "Backbreaking 101", and removes it before climbing into the ring..

-Joey Styles "After the premiere that these three men had last week, all of them finding themselves on the losing end of big matches, they're sure to tear one another apart looking for their first victory since coming to NEW."
    -Coach "The master of the backbreaker against an Originator and The Whole F'n Show. What isn't to like!? Let's do this!"

Rob Van Dam vs. "The Originator" Paul London vs. Roderick Strong

Roderick Strong carefully eyes his opponents, who stand side-by-side across the ring. The fans are buzzing with anticipation, then cheer as Paul London and Rob Van Dam look at one another, then charge at Strong! They both swing at Strong, but he ducks out of harm's way and spins around, slamming his boot into RVD's chest and knocking him down. Strong then lands a series of hard rights to the head of Paul London and backs him into a corner, punching faster and faster before stomping on London's chest and sending him running out of the ring!

London and RVD find themselves on opposite sides of the ring, looking puzzled. The fans still boo, but much less louder now having seen that impressive display. Strong paces in the ring, calling both men on, until RVD and London both oblige and climb onto the apron. Strong waits as they both communicate with one another, nodding in agreement, then hopping onto the top rope and springboarding into the ring! Strong sees this coming and moves out of harm's way, and Paul London and RVD collide in mid-air! They fall to the ground and get up simultaneously and turn around as Roderick Strong backs into the ropes and leaps into the air, connecting with a Double Sick Kick!

Strong impresses enough of the crowd to earn a weak pop as he covers London for a 2-count. Strong pulls London to his feet and begins working him over, until RVD recovers and attacks Strong from behind. RVD beats Strong to his knees, then hits the ropes. Strong lunges forward at RVD looking for a Clothesline, but RVD ducks and rebounds off the opposite ropes, connecting with a Crossbody and a 2-count of his own. RVD is already showing signs of exhaustion though and Strong quickly beats him to his feet, attacking The Whole Fucking Show and sending him out of the ring again.

As Roderick Strong leans over the ropes and shouts at RVD, Paul London lunges at Strong and sends him over the top rope with a Clothesline to the back of the head. Strong hits the floor hard and RVD moves in to attack, but doesn't see Paul London climbing to the top rope. When RVD finally looks up, the agreement they had ends as London comes crashing down with a London Calling to the outside that takes out both RVD and Strong!

The fans go wild as all three men lay on the ground, the ref beginning a 10-count. When he reaches 5, London rises and throws RVD back into the ring. He follows close behind and forces the ref to stop the 10-count when he pins RVD, getting a near fall. London pulls RVD to his feet and goes for a Sliced Bread #2, but Van Dam simply throws London at the turnbuckle, which London straddles and screams in pain.

RVD takes a moment to recover, then moves in for the attack, punching London in the back several times before leaping and kicking him hard in the kidneys. RVD then positions London for a German Suplex from the top rope, which brings the crowd to their feet. But before RVD can execute, Roderick Strong appears and slams his forearm into RVD's back before getting between RVD's legs. The fans cheer, anticipating what is coming next...

...DOUBLE GERMAN SUPLEX FROM THE TOP ROPE!! Paul London takes the worst of it and slams into the mat hard, bouncing full over onto his stomach and flopping out of the ring! RVD lands above Strong, who lies on his back clutching his head. The fans go wild with cheers and chants for all three men, continuing to cheer as Roderick Strong climbs over RVD and covers him.

1!!

2!!

RVD just kicks out! Roderick Strong swallows his frustration and gets to his feet, bringing RVD with him. Strong hoists RVD onto his shoulders looking for the Death By Roderick, but RVD slips out of it and lands on his feet, connecting with a sloppy but effective Van Daminator! With Strong down, RVD sees his opportunity and leaps to the top rope. The fans go wild as RVD struggles to get in position, still feeling the German Suplex he suffered, but he manages to stand up straight and raise his arms...

"ROB...VAN...DAM!!!"

RVD leaps..

...and connects! He bounces off Strong and clutches his ribs, kicking his legs in pain. The fans cheer as he drags himself over to a down-and-out Roderick Strong and drapes his right arm over his chest.

1!!

2!!

LONDON CALLING ON ROB VAN DAM!!!

Joey Styles loses it at the announce table as Paul London slams into RVD's back with a desperation London Calling! Paul London takes a moment to fight through his own sacrifice, then rolls RVD onto his back and makes the pin.

1!!

2!!

Roderick Strong breaks it up! The fans groan as Strong rolls over and begins driving his elbow into Paul London's skull, knocking him off Rob Van Dam and onto his back. Roderick Strong mounts London and continues driving his elbow into his head repeatedly.

Running on pure adrenaline, Strong gets up and storms around the ring, dragging his fist across his neck and calling for the end. Rob Van Dam rolls out of the ring as Paul London slowly gets to his feet. He groggily stands in front of Roderick Strong, and as Strong comes at him, London leaps and connects with a Dropsault!

Roderick Strong staggers backwards and hits the ropes behind him as Paul London lazily gets to his feet..

...SICK KICK!!! Roderick Strong lunges forward and connects with a vicious Sick Kick to the head! Strong covers!

1!!

2!!

3!!

Spoiler

Roderick Strong rolls onto his knees and pumps his fists as he gets a mixed reaction from the crowd...the referee grabs his arm and raises it in victory, but Strong only celebrates for a moment before pulling his arm free and asking for a microphone..Valerie Wynd obliges and his music quickly fades out as he paces in the ring, speaking through laboured breathing..

-Roderick Strong "There's been a lot of talk this week about the NEW World Championship. With just over a month to go before Pick Your Poison, it's pretty much a given that every singles wrestler backstage wants to get their name out there, and I don't blame them."

"But while the Tyler Blacks, Drew Galloways, Christians and AJ Styles' of this company are bitchin' and moanin', Roderick Strong is out here winning matches and giving you a reason to cheer."

Strong earns himself a weak pop, but a pop none the less..

-Roderick Strong "I know you want to keep this show moving, so I won't waste your time, but when it happens, when the time comes for your voice to be heard, just remember that this was the first of many Roderick Strong victories in New Era Wrestling!"

Roderick Strong slams down the microphone before exiting the ring...the fans give him a worthy ovation as he walks up the ramp, not looking back...

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we return from the break, the fans erupt in a huge ovation as "Cochise" by Audioslave begins to play!

-Joey Styles "What!? Are you serious!?"
    -Coach "Does this mean what I think it does!?"

The drum beat fills the arena as white strobes flash from the stage...white smoke begins to pour from the entry way and billows upward toward the rafters, eventually smothering the entire stage, the strobes behind it making it look like a giant storm cloud..

As the cymbals crash, bright white light fills the arena! The fans get even louder with every flash of light, each one brighter than the last!

-Joey Styles "I can't believe it, Coach! The CEO, the greatest NEW Champion to ever grace the ring, is on his way out here right now!"

Then, when the music reaches its peak, a huge white explosion of fire erupts from the stage with a loud POW!! The fans scream and cheer as loud as they can as the man they've all been waiting for rushes out onto the stage...

Spoiler
    Spoiler

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we return from the break, the Tag Team Round Robin graphic flies onto the screen momentarily, before disappearing and giving a panning shot of the crowd...

The fans go wild when the music of Bro Canada! hits, and almost immediately, Zack Ryder rushes onto the stage! The Long Island Iced Z plays to the crowd as once again, TJ Hart stands stage centre, hands on his hips, looking as serious as ever...

-Joey Styles "Bro Canada got a huge win in their debut last week, but they've got a massive hill to climb tonight as another team makes their NEW debut."
    -Coach "Yeah, a team that is going to be the first NEW Tag Team Champions! I can't wait for Jay and Mark Briscoe to teach these wannabes a lesson!"

As they head to the ring, Zack Ryder notices the fan with the huge Canadian flag with Ryder's sunglasses and hair on the maple leaf...Ryder pauses and grabs a nearby fans camera, and snaps a shot with the young fan before giving him his sunglasses...TJ Hart grins as he passes Ryder, then both men jog the rest of the way to the ring and climb opposite turnbuckles, playing to the roaring audience...

When the music of The Briscoes hits, their long-time fans in attendance make themselves heard, but the pop is much weaker than expected after the high-energy arrival of Bro Canada!...however, Jay and Mark aren't phased in the slightest as the brothers step onto the stage wearing red pants and their usual Confederate bandanas..

-Coach "Finally! NOW this Round Robin can get started! I can't believe we had to wait a week to see these two in action."
    -Joey Styles "I'm just as excited as you, Coach. But there's no denying that Bro Canada was impressive in their debut, and we could see what most would call an upset here."
    -Coach "Do you even know how ridiculous you sound?"

The Briscoes take a moment to show appreciation to their fans in attendance, but are mostly focused on their opponents as they tear of their bandanas and toss them aside...Jay steps into the ring first and squares off with TJ Hart as the bell rings!

Bro Canada! vs. The Briscoes

Jay and Hart lock up right away, not wasting any time. After jostling for position momentarily, TJ Hart gets Jay in a Wrist Lock that is short-lived, as Jay immediately flips out of it and chops Hart in the leg. Hart hits the canvas and Jay drives an elbow into Hart's chest before trying to apply an Arm Bar. Hart easily squirms out of it and spins onto his feet, grabbing Jay's ankles and looking for a Boston Crab. Jay twists his torso and flips Hart onto his back, then tries to drive his forearm into Hart's head. Hart dodges the attack and both men scramble to their feet, squaring off again to a polite applause.

Jay rubs his chin and dismisses Hart, tagging in his brother. Hart smiles as Mark steps into the ring and they circle one another, eventually locking up as well. This time Mark bullies Hart into a corner before breaking the lock up and striking Hart in the chest with both hands. Mark then sends Hart into the opposite corner, who hits the turnbuckles chest-first and staggers backwards into an Overhead Belly-to-Back Suplex from Mark, who holds for a 2-count.

Mark then tags his brother back in and the two Briscoes go to work as Zack Ryder looks on. Mark puts Hart in a Full Nelson and lifts him up as Jay kneels in front of him. Mark slams Hart onto his brother's knee and the modified Full Nelson Backbreaker bends Hart awkwardly as he screams in pain and is covered for another 2. Jay then puts Hart in a Chin Lock and holds it for some time as the ref talks to Hart.

After a few moments, Zack Ryder gets the fans rallying and Hart uses the rush of adrenaline to fight his way to his feet. He starts throwing elbows into Jay's stomach and breaks free, hitting the ropes, but immediately finding himself back in a Chin Lock. But Hart wraps his hands around Jay's head and falls on his backside, breaking the Chin Lock with a Jawbreaker and flopping to the mat, lying side-by-side with Jay.

As Jay shakes off the attack, Hart crawls toward his corner, reaching for a tag. Jay sees this and grabs Hart by the ankle, but Hart gets to his feet and connects with an Enziguri, taking down Jay Briscoe and finally tagging in Zack Ryder.

The fans cheer as Ryder goes to work, first dropping Mark to the outside with a Running Elbow Smash before grabbing Jay by the head and hitting a Suplex Slam. Ryder covers but Jay kicks out immediately. Ryder then backs up against the ropes and calls for Jay to get to his feet, wanting a Rough Ryder. As Jay gets up, Ryder prepares to attack, but Mark grabs his foot, causing Ryder to spin around. This leaves Ryder open for a Roll Up, but the ref is scolding Mark Briscoe and doesn't see the cover!

Coach starts belittling the referee from the announcer's table as TJ Hart sprints around the ring and attacks Mark Briscoe! Inside the ring, Jay Briscoe releases the Roll Up and gets in the referees face. The two argue mometarily, but Jay gives up and turns around...

...right into a Rough Ryd-NO!! Jay Briscoe ducks and Zack Ryder hangs himself up on the top rope! He flops back into the ring and Jay Briscoe quickly attacks, connecting with the Jay-Driller! Jay Briscoe covers and TJ Hart can't get back in time to break it up!

Spoiler

TJ Hart slides into the ring just as the referee's arm comes down for a third time...Jay Briscoe rolls out of the ring and leaves Zack Ryder lying on his back, TJ Hart standing over his partner with a look of pure disappointment on his face..

-Coach "BOO YAH! That's how it's done, folks!"
    -Joey Styles "The Briscoes earn their victory tonight, that's for damn sure. What a finish!"
    -Coach "That's just the first of many, baby! Get used to seeing that right there!"

Jay watches as his brother gets to his feet and joins him on the ramp...Mark staggers slightly after the attack, but Jay gives him a slap on the back and tells him to "man up," before they both back up the ramp with their arms raised in victory...the fans give a decent ovation as they disappear backstage, and we see TJ Hart tending to his fallen partner, who still hasn't moved..

++++++++++

Before heading to commercial, we see a shot of AJ Styles heading towards the arena in a royal blue hoodie...the fans boo as he turns a corner and we see "PHENOMENAL" written on the back in silver...

The camera then cuts to another backstage area where Christian marches to the arena, as serious as ever! The fans begin to cheer as Christian disappears from view...

-Joey Styles "AJ Styles! Christian! The main event IS NEXT!!"

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Era Wrestling (May's #1 Fed!)

A few scattered cheers are heard amidst a sea of boos as we're welcomed back from the break by AJ Styles..."The Phenomenal One" struts out onto the stage and is a dark silhouette in front of immense lights beaming from the entry way...Styles peers at the audience from beneath his royal blue hood before whipping it off and shooting his arms outward, setting off a loud explosion of blue pyros...

-Joey Styles "I'll never understand how AJ Styles got a spot on the NEW roster. Hell, I don't even know why he would accept the offer."
    -Coach "Any company should be begging to have AJ Styles on board, Joe. He's the perfect blend of ability, showmanship, and skill. He doesn't need the approval of the likes of you."

Styles casually struts to the ring, ignoring the fans as he lets his blue hoodie slide off his back and land on the floor...he gets in the ring and winks at Maria Kanellis, who gives Styles a disgusted look...

The Greensboro Coliseum erupts when the opening riff to "I Got Mine" by The Black Keys booms into the arena...moments later, The Pontiff of the Peeple Christian steps onto the stage, slowly spinning around and pointing a large black "C" on his bright yellow t-shirt while a fountain of gold erupts in the entry way..

-Joey Styles "You mentioned the perfect blend of ability, showmanship, and skill, Coach? Well throw in some charisma and charm, and you've got it in Christian."
    -Coach "Please. Ever since his brother left him high and dry, Christian couldn't hack it, which is why he's here. Yeah, he got a couple pity titles thrown his way, but him and all his fans know that's all they were. He doesn't even belong in the same ring as AJ Styles."

Christian removes his t-shirt as he walks along the apron, then tosses it at a nearby fan before stepping through the ropes...as he does, AJ Styles pounces, slamming his fist into Christian's back and starting the match early! Maria Kanellis forgoes the introductions and rushes out of the ring as the bell sounds!

AJ Styles vs. Christian

Styles continues his onslaught as Christian tries to fight his way into the ring. He's eventually beat down to one knee as Styles is relentless, slamming his fist into Christian's spine over and over. Styles then violently pulls Christian to his feet and sends him into the ropes, taking him down with a High Knee Strike and covering for one.

Styles snatches Christian's head and bends him back over his knee, locking him in a modified Inverted Facelock. Christian claws at Styles' hands, but Styles responds by punching Christian in the ribs. With nowhere to go, Christian has to endure the pain of the hold for some time, before finally gaining enough ground to flip himself over and release enough pressure to strike Styles in the midsection. But with Christian facing Styles now, he's open to a Guillotine Choke, which Styles easily applies by wrapping his legs around Christian's torso and holding him in the centre of the ring.

As Coach commends Styles on his supreme mat wrestling ability, Christian tries to rake at Styles' eyes, but is unsuccessful. Christian does his best to fight out of the submission but Styles is relentless with the Guillotine Choke in deep. After a few moments, Christian manages to push his weight forward and press Styles' shoulders to the mat, forcing Styles to roll onto his side to avoid a pinfall. When he does this, Christian snaps his head free and immediately begins driving his elbow into the head of AJ Styles over and over.

The crowd pops as Styles scrambles out of the ring, Christian crawling after him. Styles walks on the floor with his hands on his hips while Christian kneels in the ring, holding his neck and struggling to breathe.

As Styles circles the ring holding the side of his head, Christian capitalizes by hitting the ropes and attacking Styles with a Baseball Slide. He sends Styles into the crowd barrier and the ref starts over with a 10-count as Christian kicks Styles several times in the ribs. After a half dozen strikes, Christian sends Styles back into the ring and pulls himself onto the apron, connecting with a Slingshot Senton and covering for 2.

Christian stands up and bends down to grab Styles by the head, but as he does, Styles connects with a stiff kick to the head that drops Christian like a rock. Styles takes a moment to recover, then pulls himself up with the ropes and climbs up top. As he crouches on a turnbuckle, Styles watches as Christian gets to his feet, shaking off the kick. Christian staggers at AJ Styles and turns right into a Flying Clothesline. Styles ends up on his knees and drops his arms over Christian for another 2-count.

Styles slams his fist into the canvas three times and shouts at the referee before getting to his feet and leaning on the ropes. Styles watches as Christian gets to his feet and charges at him, and Styles drops to his back and lets Christian topple out of the ring. Styles immediately leaps out of the ring looking for a Slingshot Crossbody, but Christian moves! AJ Styles lands on his feet, but his head and chest connect with the crowd barrier and he falls on his side!

Christian has all the time in the world to regain his composure and after stomping on AJ Styles for good measure, he rolls him back in the ring. Christian calls for the end as he paces around AJ Styles, who is still lying on his side and clutching his neck. Christian reaches down and hooks Styles' arms behind his back, pulling him to his feet and setting him up for The Unprettier...

...AND CONNECTS!! The crowd roars as Christian connects with The Unprettier and covers!

1!!

2!!

THE REFEREE IS PULLED FROM THE RING!! The fans boo as the referee is suddenly dragged to the outside and punched in the face by Roderick Strong!

Joey Styles and The Coach try to make sense of the attack, but before they can, Roderick Strong slides into the ring and drops an elbow to the back of Christian's head! Caught off guard, Christian is helpless as Strong drags him to his feet and sends him into the ropes, connecting with the Sick Kick!

Christian flops out of the ring as Strong stands over AJ Styles. He then pulls The Phenomenal One to his feet and sets him up...

...DEATH BY RODERICK!!

Roderick Strong is standing tall in the ring, and with no other option, Valerie Wynd announces the match has ended in a no contest as the timekeeper rings the bell.

Spoiler

The fans aren't sure how to react after the attack by Roderick Strong, but they know exactly what to do when they see Paul London, Rob Van Dam & Matt Sydal rushing to the ring!

-Joey Styles "Here come the troops! Things are about to explode here!"

Surprisingly, Roderick Strong stands his ground, even though he's completely outnumbered! Paul London is the first in the ring and is met with a stiff punch to the jaw that takes him down...Matt Sydal is next and he ducks under another swing from Strong, but bounces off the ropes and runs right into a Powerslam!

The crowd starts to rally behind Strong, but before he can recover from the attack on Sydal, RVD lays into him and starts beating him against the ropes...RVD sends Strong running across the ring, then does the splits as Strong leaps over him...Strong comes back and RVD is up...

...VAN DAMINATOR!! Rob Van Dam drops Roderick Strong with a Van Daminator!!

-Joey Styles "This is pure insanity!"
    -Coach "Roderick Strong stood his ground and took out two of his three attackers! To hell with Tyler Black, THAT MAN is our next World Champion!"

Suddenly, the view cuts backstage and we see several officials trying to break up Tyler Black and Drew Galloway! Both men are exchanging punches backstage and a handful of officials and staff are trying to break them up!

The view cuts back to the ring and out of nowhere, AJ Styles enters the ring and attacks Rob Van Dam! As they both exchange blows, Matt Sydal and Paul London pull themselves onto opposite turnbuckles...the fans cheer in anticipation as Styles and RVD leave themselves open for simulatenous Missile Dropkicks!

-Joey Styles "This is pandemonium! It's every man for himself!"
    -Coach "All these guys want their shot at the NEW World Championship, and are stopping at nothing to get it! Are you paying attention, fans!? These men are destroying one another for your votes!"
    -Joey Styles "If we survive this brawl, we'll see you next week! Pick Your Poison is still over 30 days away, but things are already out of control!"

As NEW Tuesday Night fades from view, we're left with the mayhem unfolding in the ring and backstage...

NEW Tuesday Night goes off the air...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW World Championship Tournament?
    After NEW Tuesday Night went off the air last week, CEO Adam Copeland posted a tweet about the mayhem that took place during and after the main event. Copeland commented on how he hoped he wouldn't have to step in already, and finished the tweet with simply "#tournament?"

Judging by the number of re-tweets he got shortly after, it appears the fans are in favour of a tournament happening. Given that Copeland has no interest in an on-air authority figure "slowing down the show", this appears to be his best option in an attempt to restore some order and prevent more of what happened at the end of Tuesday's show.

PW.com will keep you posted on developments.

Religious Right Outraged
    Some interesting news out of Greensboro, NC this morning as Robbie Perkins, the city's Republican mayor, stated that he was "outraged" at the t-shirt worn by NEW superstar Christian.

During his interview and on his way to the ring for the main event, Christian wore a yellow t-shirt that simply read "Redefining Christianity". While the shirt wasn't given a second thought by those in attendance, mayor Perkins had this to say:

"It is an outrage that a superstar of [Christian's] calibre would do something like this. Children were at that show, and they look up to him and many other New Era Wrestling superstars. The city of Greensboro prides itself on its Christian values, and we don't need the likes of him slandering our religious beliefs."
    Neither Christian nor Adam Copeland could be reached for comment on the matter, but perhaps we got all the answers we need by taking a look at NEW's official website, where the t-shirt in question is now available in their merchandise section.

As of right now, the t-shirt is sold out.

NEW Tuesday Night Quick Results
    Tyler Black def. Matt Sydal

Prince Devitt def. Eric Young

"The Originators" Shelley & Sabin def. US Express 2.0

Roderick Strong def. Rob Van Dam & "The Originator" Paul London

The Briscoes def. Bro Canada!

AJ Styles vs. Christian ruled NO CONTEST

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Copeland Announces NEW World Championship Plans

Over at NEW's official website, CEO Adam Copeland has announced the plans for the NEW World Championship qualifying tournament that he hinted at last week.

Copeland has hand-picked 8 participants who will battle it out in the coming weeks in an elmination-style qualifying tournament. The winners of each match will move on until only 2 are remaining.

Here's the fun part: the final 2 competitors will do battle in the main event at Pick Your Poison in a match style of the fans' choosing. Furthermore, while the winner of the match will be crowned the NEW World Champion, the loser will become the NEW Contender's Champion.

As we all know, the Contender's Champion holds the right to cash in their title for a shot at the World Championship. If the Contender's Champion is unsuccessful, or fails to defend the title a minimum of every 30 days, the title is vacated.

The 8 competitors selected for the tournament have also been announced, and are as follows:

Spoiler

Tag Team Round Robin Recap

Copeland also reminded the fans to start thinking about which two teams they are going to select to take part in the NEW Tag Team Championship match at Pick Your Poison. Copeland posted the standings for the Round Robin match, and can be seen here:

Spoiler

Pick Your Poison Early Fan Poll
    Finally, with a little over 30 days to go before NEW's first pay-per-view, CEO Adam Copeland has left it up to the fans to pick the venue for the historic event.

Copeland truly wants this first pay-per-view to be a reflection of what the NEW fans want to see, right down to the last detail. With three venues "available" for the event in three "incredible cities", Copeland has decided that the pay-per-view should be held where the fans want it most.

The three contending venues are:

Spoiler

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richmond, VA, USA
    Richmond Coliseum
    Att: 11,992

As Pennywise continues to play, we get a panning shot of the outside of the Richmond Coliseum as the sun sets in Virginia...a small gathering of locals stand outside the venue as the cameras cut inside, panning the sold out crowd as they wave signs and cheer like crazy...the camera sticks to a young fan dressed as Zack Ryder waving a half-Canadian half-US flag, then cuts to another fan pulling on his "Redefining Christianity" t-shirt and screaming into the camera..

-Joey Styles "It's a beautiful summer evening here in Richmond, Virginia, and it's even more beautiful inside the sold out Richmond Coliseum! Welcome one and all to NEW Tuesday Night!"
    -Coach "The fans get better with every show, Joe. So far our resurrection tour across the eastern United States has been an absolute blast, with the crowds growing and getting more electric with every new show we do. I can't wait to see what next week brings!"
    -Joey Styles "Neither can I, Coach, but for tonight, we've got an amazing show for the fans here and the people watching at home and online! Tonight, the Tag Team Round Robin continues as the US Express 2.0 tries to get their first win against The Briscoes!"
    -Coach "No easy task for anyone, Joe. Also tonight, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin are on their bye week while The Young Bucks look to get their first win against the hot and favourited Bro Canada!"
    -Joey Styles "Speaking of Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, it looks like they're already enjoying their week off!"

The camera cuts to a press box high above the crowd, where the two Originators are seated...the fans roar as the pair are shown on the screens in the arena, kicking back and being served ice water by arena staff!

-Coach "That kind of attitude isn't going to win you Championships. Shame on those two."
    -Joey Styles "The fact that they're sitting in first place undefeated says otherwise, Coach."

The cheering continues as The Briscoes step out into the arena, getting a much better reception this week than last..

-Coach "You were saying, Joe? A win here tonight by The Briscoes puts them in a tie for first with Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin."
    -Joey Styles "So it does, Coach. So it does."

The Briscoes take their time getting to the ring, nodding at the fans and getting riled up as several audience members near the crowd barrier slap them on the shoulders...Mark and Jay are both wearing black bandanas over the lower part of their faces, which they eventually remove and toss aside...they then climb opposite turnbuckles and remove their black t-shirts, which are thrown into the crowd...

As Jay and Mark Briscoe continue to warm up in the ring, Bruce Springsteen's "Born In The USA" is met with loud boos...but, as the US Express 2.0 marches out into the arena and towards the ring, the brothers barely notice as their sights are set purely on their opponents..

-Joey Styles "I don't get the booing, Coach. Windham and Taylor Rotunda have been working just as hard as every other team in this Round Robin."
    -Coach "Yeah, but they suck."

Windham and Taylor waste no time getting the match underway, as Taylor doesn't even enter the ring and simply stands on the apron...Windham Rotunda and Jay Briscoe circle one another as the bell rings immediately!

The Briscoes vs. US Express 2.0

Jay Briscoe turns his head and starts clapping to keep the fans pumped up, but when he does, Windham charges and slams his forearm into the back of Jay's head. The boos are more apparent now as Windham slams his fist into Jay's back several times before sending him into the ropes and connecting with a Big Boot. Windham covers, but Jay kicks out at 1 and scrambles to his corner, quickly tagging out.

Jay and Mark have some words as Mark steps into the ring. Mark approaches Windham for a Lock Up, but then kicks Windham in the gut, bending him over. Mark turns to his brother and shouts "That's how we do!" before turning back and getting taken out by a Falling Clothesline. Windham then grabs Mark with both hands and begins choking him, which the ref quickly counts off.

The fans continue to boo as Windham drags Mark Briscoe to his feet and locks him in an Abdominal Stretch. Mark cries out in pain as Windham shakes him violently. Windham keeps the hold applied for several minutes, pausing every so often to punch Mark Briscoe in the ribcage.

Finally, after being satisfied with wearing down Mark Briscoe, Windham turns the hold into a Gutwrench Powerbomb and presses on Mark Briscoe's legs to hold for a near fall. When Mark kicks out, Windham tags in his brother Taylor and lifts him up, exposing his ribs again. Taylor Rotunda climbs to the second rope and leaps forward, driving his knee into Mark's ribs. Taylor covers Mark and earns a 2-count of his own.

Taylor Rotunda rolls Mark Briscoe onto his back and holds him still, leaping up and driving his knee into Mark's ribs. Taylor does this a half-dozen times before going for another cover, with Mark kicks out of more easily. Taylor stands up and looks at his brother, who shouts "Finish him off!" from the apron. Taylor backs into a corner and pays homage to the CEO by crouching and waving his arm, gritting his teeth and calling for the Taylor Made.

Mark Briscoe is in severe pain as he struggles to get to his feet. He slowly rises and can barely stand up straight as he uses the ropes for support. Finally, Mark turns to face Taylor, who surges from the corner...

...AND CONNECTS!! Taylor Rotunda spears Mark Briscoe into the corner with the Taylor Made! He covers as the fans are in total shock!

1!!

2!!

Jay Briscoe breaks it up! The ref shouts at Jay to exit the ring, but Windham Rotunda is already there! Windham swings at Jay Briscoe with a wild right, but Jay ducks and drops Windham to the canvas with a Super Kick!

Windham rolls to the outside and Jay Briscoe is sent back to his corner by the referee. The two argue as Taylor Rotunda leans in a corner, shaking his head and blinking heavily. He pulls himself up with the ropes and watches as Mark Briscoe pulls himself to his feet again. Taylor decides to try for a second Taylor Made, but this time, Mark Briscoe leaps over him! Taylor runs head first into The Briscoes' corner and is hung up on the second rope. Jay Briscoe sees an opportunity and leaps up, hitting a Leg Drop to the back of Taylor's head! Taylor snaps over the second rope and falls into the ring, clutching his throat. When he struggles to his feet, Mark Briscoe is waiting and uses all his strength to get Taylor Rotunda onto his shoulders...

...MARK-OUT!! Mark Briscoe connects with the Mark-Out and covers for the victory!

Spoiler

The fans go wild as Jay Briscoe enters the ring with his arms in the air! He pulls his brother to his feet and shoves the referee away, raising his brother's arm in victory!

-Coach "The better brothers won here tonight as The Briscoes join Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin at the top of the mountain!"

The camera cuts to Shelley and Sabin, who are leaning on each other's shoulders pretending to be asleep...back in the ring, Jay and Mark Briscoe make a hasty exit as Windham Rotunda comes to and climbs into the ring, chasing them off...

-Joey Styles "The Briscoes get the win here tonight, but the even bigger story is that for the third week in a row, Taylor Rotunda has been pinned and put the US Express 2.0 at 0 - 3."
    -Coach "No way they'll get voted into the tag title match at Pick Your Poison now, Joe. And I think Windham knows that."

Windham Rotunda watches as The Briscoes exit the arena to wild cheers, then glares down at his brother, lying on his back in the ring...

++++++++++

Before cutting to commercial, we get a shot of Prince Devitt walking backstage with the NEW Television Championship strapped around his waist! The fans cheer even louder as Devitt is headed to the ring, dressed for a match!

-Joey Styles "Prince Devitt defends the NEW Television Championship in a rematch against Eric Young, and that match is NEXT!!"

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earning himself more and more heat every week, Eric Young steps onto the stage to a chorus of boos, which he completely ignores as he smirks and turns his back on the crowd, pointing once again at the red maple leaf on his back...

-Coach "If Eric Young doesn't win the Television Championship tonight, I'm calling shenanigans."
    -Joey Styles "You're allowed to say 'bullsh-'"
    -Coach "Joe! Have a little class, will you? Canada's greatest export is walking to the ring."
    -Joey Styles "You can't be serious."

Eric Young stands high on a turnbuckle as he removes his jacket and tosses it to Valerie Wynd at ringside...Young makes a belt motion across his waist as he warms up in the ring in red trunks and boots..

Then the crowd does a complete 180 when Flogging Molly hits the speakers! The cheers are immense as the NEW Television Champion Prince Devitt walks out the entry way!

-Joey Styles "Listen to this crowd, Coach! I'd bet my next paycheck that Prince Devitt is the most loved superstar in NEW today."
    -Coach "Not even I can deny Prince Devitt's amazing talent in the ring. Adam Copeland made a good choice by convincing him to join NEW. It's just a shame that his title run is going to end tonight."

Devitt scrambles up the ring steps and straight up the nearest turnbuckle, shooting his arm into the air as the fans go insane! Devitt removes the Television title from around his waist and holds it high, aiming it at Eric Young and glaring at him from high above the ring...

Devitt then hops into the ring and hands the title over to the referee, who hoists it up for all to see...the bell sounds and the match is underway!

Eric Young vs. Prince Devitt

Eric Young continues to swing his arms and stretch as he squares off with Devitt, who simply leans forward with his hands on his knees. Young steps in for a Lock Up, but Devitt has none of it and quickly tosses Young with an Arm Drag. Young rolls to his feet and looks surprised as Devitt stands up straight and winks at him, the crowd already chanting his name.

Young looks angry as he goes for another Lock Up and gets another Arm Drag. Young rolls to his feet again and punches his head in anger before rushing at Devitt a third time, who leaps into the air and takes Young down with a Head Scissors takedown. Eric Young ends up in a seated position and Prince Devitt pounces on him, locking the Canadian in a Front Facelock.

Devitt holds the Front Facelock for several seconds as Eric Young uses his free hand to claw at Devitt's face. Young eventually lands a couple good punches to Devitt's head and manages to loosen the hold enough to stand up and turn, taking Devitt down with a Snap Suplex. Eric Young spins to face Devitt before he can recover and drops a forearm on Devitt's head. Eric Young then grabs Devitt and begins punching him wildly, prompting the ref to step in. The crowd boos as Young is pulled off Devitt by the referee, much to Eric Young's dismay.

As Young tries to plead his case, Prince Devitt shows he can brawl right back and attacks, leaping past the referee and catching Eric Young with a hard right. Devitt and Young both exchange stiff punches as both men fall through the ropes and to the outside.

The fall breaks both men up and the referee is forced to begin a 10-count. After a few seconds, Eric Young is the first to his feet and he kicks Prince Devitt hard in the ribs before picking him up and rolling him back in the ring. Eric Young crawls in after him and immediately grabs Devitt's legs, locking him in a Sharpshooter!

The booing is intense, but Eric Young hears none of it as he has the Sharpshooter locked in tight. Prince Devitt grits his teeth and bears the pain as Young lowers his weight onto Devitt's lower back, hoping for a submission. But Devitt is close enough to the ropes that he doesn't have to endure the pain for long, and he reaches the bottom rope with relative ease, although the damage has been done.

The referee counts to five and Young breaks the hold. Prince Devitt lies on his stomach as Young paces in the ring, a look of pure intensity on his face. Young grabs Devitt and drags him to his feet, setting him up for a Spike Piledriver. But when Young lifts Devitt upward, Devitt continues his momentum and flips upward, planting Eric Young with a Hurricanrana DDT!

The fans go wild as Prince Devitt lies beside Eric Young, catching his breath. After a moment, Devitt rolls Young onto his back and covers, but Eric Young kicks out just in time.

Still dazed from the attack, Eric Young lies on his side as Prince Devitt gets to his feet. Devitt, still clutching his lower back, leans on the ropes, then turns his attention to the entry way as the fans start to boo. Slowly stepping through the entry way and onto the stage is none other than Eddie Kingston!

Kingston stands on the stage dressed all in black. He cracks his knuckles and smiles at Prince Devitt, who stares back, looking puzzled. Suddenly, the distraction gives Eric Young an opportunity and he rolls Devitt up for a pin!

1!!

2!!

Prince Devitt just kicks out! Eric Young uses the burst of adrenaline and drops Devitt with a Lariat before getting behind him and grabbing his legs. Eric Young has Devitt set up for the Youngblood Neckbreaker again, but before he can execute, Devitt twists and flips Young over onto his back. Eric Young can't recover in time and before he knows it, Prince Devitt catches him and plants him with the Bloody Sunday! Prince Devitt quickly covers and retains the Television Championship!

Spoiler

Prince Devitt scrambles to his feet and turns to the entry way, but when he does, Eddie Kingston is nowhere to be found! Devitt looks confused as the referee raises his arm and hands him the Television title, but Devitt barely notices...

-Joey Styles "The mind games continue as Eddie Kingston almost gets Prince Devitt's number again! I thought Eric Young had him with that roll up!"
    -Coach "Prince Devitt got lucky tonight. Had Eddie Kingston wanted to, he would've destroyed Devitt in seconds."

Prince Devitt continues to pace in the ring, watching the entry way and all other sides of the ring for Eddie Kingston...the crowd cheers, but Devitt isn't celebrating...all he can think of is getting his hands on Eddie Kingston as he finally exits the ring, watching his back the whole way up the ramp...

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the break, the lovely Maria Kanellis earns a decent pop from the male fans as she stands in front of the NEW backdrop wearing a black tank top and skirt..

-Maria Kanellis "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Captain Charisma, The Pontiff of the Peeple...Christian!"

Christian steps into view and does the signs of the cross before kneeling with his head bowed...Maria is taken aback, but can't help but chuckle as Christian stands up and puts his hand on Maria's head, muttering a quick prayer..

-Christian "Thank you for that warm welcome, Maria. May the lord keep you."

Christian turns to the camera and is wearing a white t-shirt that reads "God Bless Mayor Perkins"...

-Maria Kanellis "So is this a new side of Christian that we're seeing?"

-Christian "Whatever do you mean, Maria? I have always been the holiest of the holy. Do you think calling me The Pontiff of the Peeple was an accident? Amen."

Maria stifles her laughter as Christian can't help but crack a grin...

-Maria Kanellis "You're going to get us in trouble again."

-Christian "The lord will protect us."

-Maria Kanellis (laughing) "While I hate to cut this short, we've got to get your thoughts on your qualifying match next week. Who is it you're facing and what are your plans?"

-Christian "Maria, next week I'm stepping into the ring against Drew Galloway, a man who I have faced before, and a man who I have beaten before. While Drew Galloway looks to make a name for himself here in New Era Wrestling, he's going to have a hard time meeting that goal after I bury him next week."

"As far as I'm concerned, Drew Galloway drew the short straw. Whoever ended up facing me in my first qualifying match was going to lose, plain and simple. That man is a Scottish pretty boy named Drew Galloway, a man who doesn't stand a chance against me, and a man who is going to suffer an early exit from this tournament."

-Maria Kanellis "Galloway earned a huge win in the first ever match to take place since NEW's return to television over AJ Styles. Since then, he's had his sights set on Tyler Black, another man in the tournament who will be competing later tonight."

-Christian "And another man that, if he ends up facing me, will find himself on the losing end. You see, Maria, I will be the NEW World Champion when this is all said and done. I'm the most talented, I'm the most experienced, and I'm the prettiest. I'm the total package, the man that should be leading New Era Wrestling into the future, and the man that will lead New Era Wrestling for years to come."

Christian does a quick sign of the cross again to Maria, who laughs and sends us back to Joey Styles and The Coach..

++++++++++

As Joey Styles and Jonathon Coachman discuss Christian's confident remarks, we see that Paul London has joined his Originator mates in their press box...all three men are signing autographs for a handful of lucky young fans, who realize the camera is on them and start to wave and scream...London, Shelley and Sabin join in, screaming and waving and playfully stepping in front of the kids to block them from the camera...

But the fun stops when the music of Tyler Black hits...he steps out onto the stage wearing a black and grey plaid kilt, topped off with a black Shadows Fall t-shirt...Black stands centre stage and raises his hands, making devil horns with both before sauntering to the ring...

-Joey Styles "And our first qualifying match is about to get underway, and an interesting choice of attire for Tyler Black."
    -Coach (laughing) "I love it! Let the head games begin!"
    -Joey Styles "Speaking of interesting, this first round match up is just that."
    -Coach "Interesting is a funny way of saying 'squash'. You think it's interesting because Matt Sydal gets a rematch against Tyler Black? Please. Black may have well just got a bye in the first round."
    -Joey Styles "Matt Sydal has his work cut out for him against an undefeated Tyler Black, I don't doubt that. But there's no way we're going to see the same result as last week."

Tyler Black pulls himself onto a turnbuckle and glares out at the crowd before removing his t-shirt and stepping back onto the canvas...he opens his arms and looks down at the kilt he's wearing...the view cuts backstage breifly, where we see Drew Galloway seated in the locker room alone, watching on a television...

Back in the ring, Tyler Black removes the kilt and adjusts his boots, looking incredibly relaxed as he awaits his opponent...

The entry way lights up with flashing strobes as "Short Fuse Burning" by Less Than Jake blasts into the arena! The fans give a proper ovation as Matt Sydal bursts through the entry way and runs to the ring!

-Joey Styles "Now that's what I like to see, Coach! You wouldn't even know that Matt Sydal got his ass handed to him last week."
    -Coach "Having a short memory is good in this business, but in Sydal's case, I'd be a little more worried about getting beat senseless two weeks in a row."

Sydal slides into the ring and runs right up a nearby turnbuckle, pumping his fists and getting the crowd roaring...his music fades out as he tosses his sleeveless t-shirt aside, then leans into the ropes to warm up...

Tyler Black vs. Matt Sydal
    NEW World Championship Qualifying Match

Black tosses back his red and black hair as Sydal quickly sidesteps around the ring. Sydal makes the first move and lunges low at Black, who moves his leg aside and waves Sydal off disrespectfully. Sydal moves in again and tries to sweep Black's leg, but Black moves aside again and stops walking, then slaps Matt Sydal across his face!

The fans boo as Tyler Black laughs at Matt Sydal, who falls against the ropes holding his jaw. Black moves in for an attack, but Sydal ducks around him, putting him against the ropes and landing a series of hard rights. The fans cheer, but are quickly silenced when Tyler Black reaches out and grabs Sydal by the neck with both hands and tosses him over the top rope with ease. Matt Sydal crashes to the arena floor with Tyler Black exiting the ring after him.

Black lifts Sydal up and slams his face into the crowd barrier. Black then goes to work, punching Sydal in the head a few times before lifting him up in a Gorilla Press, high above his head. Black stalls for a moment and stares at some nearby fans, then drops Sydal chest-first on the barrier.

Tyler Black then crawls back in the ring and the referee starts the 10-count over. Matt Sydal is down and hurt, grimacing in pain, as Tyler Black leans against a corner and watches, raising a finger with each count the referee makes.

When the count reaches six, Matt Sydal stirs and crawls back to his feet. Sydal is still clutching his chest as he crawls in the ring, where Tyler Black meets him with a hard stomp on his back. Sydal flops onto his back and Tyler Black immediately goes after his injured chest, stomping on it several times before using the ropes for leverage and standing on top of Matt Sydal.

The ref counts Tyler Black off and Black immediately drops to his knees, pinning Sydal who kicks out with ease. Tyler Black then drags Sydal to his feet and hits a monstrous Overhead Belly-to-Belly Suplex that sends Matt Sydal sailing across the ring. Tyler Black casually covers again for another 2-count.

Matt Sydal tries to scramble into a corner, but Tyler Black is on him, pressing his boot into Sydal's chest and using the ropes for leverage as he presses harder and harder, cutting off his air. Once again the referee counts him off and Tyler Black circles the ring before rushing at Sydal, who is still seated in the corner. Tyler Black connects with a Sit-Out Dropkick that completely knocks the wind out of Sydal and sends him out of the ring again.

As Matt Sydal struggles to breathe, Tyler Black gives chase and beats him around the ring some more before rolling him back into the ring. Sydal is in serious trouble as Tyler Black steps through the ropes and decides to end the punishment. Sydal crawls toward the ropes, but Black grabs his arms and pulls them behind his back, setting up for his trademark Local Man Ruins Everything...

...but Sydal counters! Matt Sydal quickly pulls his legs under him and springs forward, leaping off the top rope. Sydal does a backflip and breaks his arms free, catching Tyler Black off-guard! Before Black can react, Matt Sydal runs into the ropes again and slides between Tyler Black's legs! Tyler Black spins around and walks right into a Spinning Wheel Kick! Sydal and Black both roll to their feet and Sydal leaps, planting Tyler Black with a Tornado DDT!

The attack dazes Tyler Black and gives Matt Sydal some time to recover! He clutches his chest as he crawls to his feet, using the ropes to pull himself up. Tyler Black rolls onto his side and shakes his head before standing up. As he does, Sydal looks over his shoulder and leaps onto the top turnbuckle, connecting with a Moonsault that takes down Tyler Black! The fans are going wild as Matt Sydal comes to a stop near the ropes, then leaps to his feet...

...DOUBLE HELIX!! Sydal connects with the flashy aerial move and covers!

1!!

2!!

Tyler Black kicks out! The fans groan as Matt Sydal quickly gets to his feet and stalks Tyler Black, who is suddenly in danger of losing the match. Sydal stays behind Black as he staggers to his feet, then quickly hooks Black's arms and spins around, attempting to set him up for the Aftershock...

...but Tyler Black reverses! Before Matt Sydal can execute, Black spins around and slams his arm into the back of Sydal's head. Matt Sydal stumbles forward and bounces off the ropes, walking right into a kick from Tyler Black, who sets him up and plants him with God's Last Gift, which he holds for the pinfall.

Spoiler

The fans are distraught as Tyler Black rolls to his side and catches his breath...he lies still momentarily, then wills himself to his feet...

-Coach "See that? Piece of cake."
    -Joey Styles "Piece of-..are you serious!? Matt Sydal almost had that match won! What were you watching!?"
    -Coach "Tyler Black move on to the second round, that's what I was watching!"

Tyler Black exits the ring and tries to play it off, but a look of worry won't leave his face...deep down Black knows how close he was to losing, but he celebrates none the less and leaves Matt Sydal lying in the ring, defeated and eliminated from the tournament...

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're welcomed back from the break by "Ole!" by Bouncing Souls, to which the crowd immediately begins clapping and singing along to...when the music kicks in, El Generico runs onto the stage in green and black attire, with a green and black cape flowing behind him! The fans give a huge ovation for El Generico as he slaps hands with fans on the way to the ring..

-Joey Styles "It's about time someone stood up to Dean Ambrose, Coach, and it's pleasing to see that the man who did is El Generico."
    -Coach "Why? El Generico is a joke. Dean Ambrose is going to make a fool out of him, although he already seems content in doing that himself."

El Generico does a lap around the ring, continuing to slap hands with fans, when suddenly WHAM!! El Generico is laid out cold! A fan in a black hoodie decks Generico with a hard right hand to the face!

The crowd is in total shock as the fan hops over the crowd barrier and begins laying into El Generico with hard rights and lefts! El Generico tries desperately to defend himself, but it's no use! Generico is beaten senseless as security springs into action!

The security guards try to drag the fan off Generico, but when they do, the fan turns and shoves one of the guards into the crowd barrier, then takes a swing at the other, laying him out as well! The fan's hood flies off in the process and the fans begin to boo as we see that it's none other than Dean Ambrose!

Dean Ambrose goes back to work, stomping on El Generico at ringside...Ambrose then rolls Generico into the ring before heading to the timekeeper and shoving him aside, grabbing the steel chair he was seated on...Ambrose takes the chair into the ring and doesn't hesitate before slamming it across El Generico's back! Generico claws at the mat as he screams in pain, Ambrose relentlessly slamming the chair into his back over and over...

After a handful of shots to the spine, Generico rolls over and Ambrose presses the end of the chair into his neck, putting all his weight on it and cutting off El Generico's air supply...Generico kicks his legs and desperately tries to escape, but it's no use...Dean Ambrose keeps the chair in place until Generico eventually fades and passes out...

Dean Ambrose doesn't let up until several officials run from backstage and storm the ring, tackling Ambrose and knocking the chair from his grasp...as medical officials begin to check on El Generico, Dean Ambrose is held back in a corner by a half dozen officials and staff...the camera zooms in on him, and he has a sick smile on his face as he watches the med staff tend to El Generico...

-Joey Styles "This..I don't even know what to call this, folks. Please don't go anywhere while we sort this out."

The medical staff signal for a stretcher as we cut to commercial early...

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the break, Joey Styles and The Coach are standing by..

-Joey Styles "Folks, we have to apologize for what you just saw moments ago. The attack by Dean Ambrose on El Generico was, without a doubt, disgusting."
    -Coach "There's no place for that kind of violence in NEW. No place at all."
    -Joey Styles "El Generico could have been killed had NEW officials not stepped in. During commercial, El Generico was loaded into a stretcher and taken to hospital. We're told he's conscious and alert, which is good news."
    -Coach "Hopefully he isn't gone too long so he can come back and teach Dean Ambrose what NEW is truly about."

++++++++++

The view cuts backstage and once again, Maria Kanellis brightens everyone's mood as she's standing by with Roderick Strong! Strong paces in his "Backbreaking 101" t-shirt with his hands on his hips as Maria welcomes everyone..

-Maria Kanellis "Ladies and gentlemen, a man who needs no introduction, Roderick Strong!"

Strong gets a heavily mixed reaction from the audience in attendance as he stops pacing and looks up, closing his eyes..

-Maria Kanellis "Roderick, next week you step into the ring in a qualifying match for the NEW World Championship. Earlier tonight we found out that Christian is taking on Drew Galloway, and with the main event tonight being between Rob Van Dam and AJ Styles, there's only one opponent left."

-Roderick Strong "Paul. London."

Strong pauses and the view cuts to the press box high above the crowd...Paul London sits up at attention and points at himself, saying "Me?" in feigned surprise..

-Roderick Strong "They call him 'The Originator', along with his cronies Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin. I know they're out there listening, so I hope they understand how serious I am when I say that those two punks had better keep their distance next week."

The view cuts back to the arena, where Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin look at one another and shrug..

-Roderick Strong "When it comes to the NEW World Championship, I'm as serious as a heart attack. The Originators have a long history in New Era Wrestling, and I know the fans out there want nothing more than to see Paul London raise the title at Pick Your Poison."

The fans roar "LON-DON!" chants as we see Paul London again, resting his head on his hands and grinning at the screen..

-Roderick Strong "I'm totally fine with the fans wanting Paul London to win it all. I can't change their minds. However, I can spoil their party, which I plan on doing next week."

"I proved last week that I'm the force to be reckoned with in NEW. I took on Paul London AND Rob Van Dam, and I won. I. WON. And I'll win again next week, and the week after that, and the week after that. And I'll continue to win, no matter who they put in the ring against me."

"Paul London, next week, we're going to give these fans a show. We're going to do battle, one on one, and I'm going to break you in half on my way to becoming the NEW World Champion. That's a promise. Now you make me a promise. Even though I'm going to destroy you next week, don't do what everyone expects you to do and bring your little buddies to the ring with you. Face me one-on-one, and meet your maker like a man next week."

The view cuts to The Originators up in the press box, and Paul London's smile is gone...he nods in agreement as Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin slap him on the back, getting the fans fired up and leading more "LON-DON!" chants..

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a brief commercial break, we get a shot of The Originators in their press box with the young fan from earlier in the show wearing a Zack Ryder costume...Alex Shelley is waving the half-Canadian half-United States flag as the camera pans down to show Bro Canada! walk out onto the stage! The fans give a massive pop as Zack Ryder walks to the end of the stage and points to the press box before snapping a picture with his iPhone, while TJ Hart casually walks to the ring..

-Joey Styles "I fall in love with this team more and more each week, Coach."
    -Coach "I don't even want to sit at this table with you anymore. Three weeks, Joe. That's all it took. Congratulations."

Zack Ryder catches up with TJ Hart and both men do their signature pose on opposite turnbuckles, Ryder wearing blue and white trunks and TJ Hart wearing red and white matching trunks...they slap hands and begin warming up in the ring..

The loudest boos all night come raining down from the stands for The Young Bucks, but Matt and Nick Jackson couldn't care less as they stand on stage and flex for the crowd..

-Joey Styles "Ugh, please don't let these two win."
    -Coach "I hate to paraphrase Zack Ryder here, but are you serious, bro!? Do you even know how amazing the Tag Team Championship match would be if The Briscoes took on The Young Bucks?"
    -Joey Styles "It would be amazing, if Matt and Nick Jackson took their heads out of their asses for five minutes."

Matt and Nick hop over the top rope and into the ring, where they square off with Bro Canada! in the centre of the canvas...the referee tries to prevent a scuffle from breaking out, but he fails when Matt Jackson shoves TJ Hart, instigating a brawl as Zack Ryder strikes him in the face!

Nick Jackson attacks Zack Ryder as Matt Jackson and TJ Hart both end up outside the ring, duking it out! The ref calls for the bell to start the match before things can escalate further, and we're underway!

Bro Canada! vs. The Young Bucks

Nick Jackson has Zack Ryder against the ropes when he sends him running across the ring. He meets Ryder in the centre of the ring and hits a picture-perfect Back Body Drop, then without missing a beat, Nick hits a Standing Moonsault and holds for a pin, which Ryder kicks out of immediately. Nick then puts Ryder in a Chin Lock and stands him up, but Ryder fights out of it by throwing elbows into Nick's gut. Ryder hits the ropes and takes Nick down with a Shoulder Block, then hits the adjacent ropes and drops an elbow to Nick's chest. Ryder immediately gets up and begins stomping on Nick, who scrambles out of the ring.

Outside the ring, Nick falls on his back beside his brother, who is beating TJ Hart against the crowd barrier. The referee shouts from the ring for them to break it up, but Zack Ryder interrupts him and slingshots to the outside, hitting a Plancha on both men! Ryder makes sure that Matt Jackson takes the worst of it, but his partner is still taken down in the process as all three men crash to the floor.

Zack Ryder gets up almost immediately and helps TJ Hart to his feet. But in taking his eyes off of Nick Jackson, Ryder leaves himself open for an attack and Nick pounces, punching Ryder in the back of the head. Ryder goes down and TJ Hart tries to intervene, exchanging shots with Nick.

Inside the ring, the referee is shouting at both teams to restore order, but all four men are having none of it. With no other option, the referee begins a 10-count. He reaches a count of 7 when TJ Hart rolls Nick Jackson into the ring, leaving Matt Jackson and Zack Ryder brawling outside.

In the ring, TJ Hart pummels Nick Jackson, but is grabbed by the referee and scolded for being in the ring and not the legal man. TJ Hart turns to face the ref, but when he does, Nick reaches up and catches TJ Hart with a Low Blow. Hart falls to his knees as Nick recovers and heads toward the other side of the ring, where Matt Jackson finishes an Irish Whip that sends Zack Ryder over the crowd barrier.

Nick shouts to Matt, who nods and grabs a steel chair. The fans begin to boo as Matt tosses the steel chair to Nick, then grabs one of his own. Nick enters the ring and he and his brother stare down at TJ Hart, who is still on his knees and gritting his teeth in pain.

The referee attempts to grab the chairs from both men, but Matt Jackson violently shoves the referee aside. The ref falls into a corner, and has no choice but to disqualify The Young Bucks.

Spoiler

Bro Canada! are announced as the victors by Valerie Wynd, but the fans aren't cheering...instead, they boo as they watch helplessly, as TJ Hart gets to his feet between The Young Bucks...

...CON-CHAIR-TO!!! Matt and Nick Jackson slam their chairs on either side of TJ Hart's head!

-Joey Styles "OH MY GOD!!"
    -Coach "Now THAT is sending a message! The move that our CEO and his brother made famous just rattled TJ Hart's brain! You gotta love it!"

TJ Hart drops like a sack of bricks as Matt and Nick Jackson raise the chairs, proud of their work!

-Joey Styles "I can't believe this, Coach! Matt and Nick Jackson just threw the match!"
    -Coach "Yeah, but they made a statement! These matches mean nothing, it's getting the most votes that matters! The Young Bucks are geniuses!"

Matt and Nick Jackson exit the ring to tremendous boos from the crowd...they back up the ramp as Zack Ryder finally enters the ring, checking on his partner, who is out cold...

++++++++++

The view cuts backstage as for the second week in a row, we see AJ Styles in his royal blue and silver hoodie, heading to the ring for the main event...the fans then burst into wild cheers as the view cuts to Rob Van Dam making his way out as well!

-Joey Styles "The second qualifying match is up next, and it's our main event! RVD! AJ STYLES! NEXT!!"

Commercial break...

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're welcomed back to a booing audience as AJ Styles walks onto the stage...he peers out at the crowd from beneath his royal blue hoodie before whipping it back and throwing out his arms, igniting a loud blue explosion behind him...Styles then struts to the ring, though the fans are less than impressed..

-Joey Styles "I'm so glad these two drew each other for the first round, Coach. This should be a hell of a match."
    -Coach "Really? I thought you'd be sad that your boy RVD is going to get tossed early by the guy you seem to hate more than anyone else in NEW."

AJ Styles pulls himself onto a turnbuckle and spreads his arms, sticking up his nose at the audience...

The fans go wild when the familiar riff of Pantera hits, and not a moment later Rob Van Dam appears on stage! RVD shrugs his shoulders and stops at centre stage as Valerie Wynd brings it home with the audience..

-Valerie Wynd "...from Battle Creek, Michigan.."

"ROB...VAN...DAM!!"

POW!! A loud explosion is heard as RVD finishes his trademark taunt and heads to the ring, slapping hands with a few fans...RVD doesn't waste any time rolling into the ring and bouncing too his feet, and as Joey Styles and The Coach discuss how Rob Van Dam and AJ Styles were breifly tag team partners in the original NEW, the two begin to circle one another as the bell rings!

AJ Styles vs. Rob Van Dam
    NEW World Championship Qualifying Match

AJ Styles and RVD tangle up and jostle for position, AJ Styles dropping his weight several times to try and throw RVD off balance. The attempts are unsuccessful and RVD eventually spins AJ Styles into a Wrist Lock, which Styles easily flips out of. Styles then counters by flipping RVD onto his back, but misses an attempted elbow strike. Styles looks up just in time to see RVD roll to his feet and connect with a Dropkick to the chest that knocks AJ Styles across the ring. RVD scrambles to his feet as AJ Styles does the same in the far corner, then watches as RVD does his trademark taunt along with the crowd.

AJ Styles rotates his arm and squares off with RVD again, but this time, when RVD moves in for a lock, Styles kicks him in the stomach. Styles then hits the ropes, but RVD dodges by doing the splits and waits for Styles to return, looking for a reverse Monkey Flip. Styles stops in his tracks though, then grabs RVD by the ankles and flips him onto his stomach. AJ Styles steps onto RVD's thighs and tries to hook his arms for a Surfboard Stretch, but RVD scrambles sideways to the ropes and hooks them with both arms, forcing the ref to step in.

AJ Styles opts to just stomp on RVD's lower back instead, and does so several times before lifting RVD to his feet and putting him in a Face Lock. Styles holds it for a second as he sets up for a Suplex, which he hits by slamming RVD stomach-first onto the top rope. RVD hangs on and lies on the top rope completely limp, which AJ Styles capitalizes with by hitting the nearby second rope and connecting with a Springboard Mule Kick. RVD slumps forward into the ring and Styles covers for a 2-count.

AJ Styles is in complete control and he keeps Rob Van Dam isolated on the ground with a Rear Naked Choke. RVD has no intention of tapping out, but AJ Styles keeps the hold locked in for several minutes to exhaust The Whole Fucking Show. Unable to breathe for some time, RVD is worn down quickly, and looks for an exit.

After several minutes, RVD wriggles into position that allows him to slam his elbow into AJ Styles' ribs. After a few shots, RVD forces Styles to break the hold, but Styles scrambles onto RVD's back before he can recover, and puts him in a Rear Chinlock. Styles has the submission in tight, but RVD is close enough to the ropes now that he can reach out and grab it with his hand, which he does. Styles is counted off, then begins performing Standing Elbow Drops to RVD's lower back over and over.

Rob Van Dam attempts to get to his feet, but is put back on the ground with each elbow. RVD finally stays put, and AJ Styles drops to his back and rolls out of the ring, dragging RVD towards the edge of the apron. He lies RVD's head over the edge, then takes a step back and runs at RVD, connecting with a stiff kick to the face. Styles earns a ton of heat as he crawls back in the ring and pins RVD for a long 2-count.

AJ Styles roughly drags RVD to his feet and calls for the end. Styles has RVD bent over, but as he lifts RVD up for the Styles Clash, RVD swings his foot over his head and kicks Styles in the face! AJ Styles falls on his back and drops RVD on his stomach!

The fans cheer as both men lie in the ring, then both begin to stir at the same time. RVD is clearly worse off than Styles, but he keeps his distance and waits for Styles to attack. When he does, RVD moves and lets AJ Styles run directly into the turnbuckles, then hits a series of kicks to AJ Styles' midsection, then plants a Roundhouse Kick right to his head! AJ Styles goes limp and falls on his side, leaving him in perfect position for a Split-Legged Moonsault, which RVD nails and holds for a 2-count.

With the momentum in his favour now, RVD gets to his feet quickly and steps over AJ Styles, heading to the top rope. But as RVD crouches on the top turnbuckle, AJ Styles springs to his feet and connects with a desperation Pele Kick! Styles just connects with the head of RVD and he falls to the ring, landing beside Styles. This time, AJ Styles is the first to his feet, and when he sees RVD begin to stir, he goes up top. AJ Styles crouches in position, waiting for RVD to rise, then leaps for a Moonsault...

...but Rob Van Dam moves! RVD steps forward and hugs the corner as AJ Styles lands on his feet in the ring! RVD attacks, looking for a Van Daminator, but AJ Styles ducks and connects with another Pele Kick! Styles covers quickly and RVD is in trouble!

1!!

2!!

KICK OUT!! The crowd roars as Rob Van Dam throws his shoulder up, leaving AJ Styles in disbelief! Styles falls against the turnbuckle behind him, breathing heavily, as Rob Van Dam tries desperately to shake off the multiple kicks to his head. Styles doesn't do him the satisfaction and stomps on RVD's lower back again, keeping him on the ground.

once again, AJ Styles drags RVD to his feet and looks for a Styles Clash, but RVD sweeps his legs and flips over Styles, holding his legs for a pin attempt. Styles kicks out and RVD is the first to his feet, who finally connects with the Van Daminator!

Sensing the end, the crowd rises to their feet as RVD falls against the corner and gets that wild look in his eyes. With Styles down and out, RVD leaps to the top rope and steadies himself, standing tall and raising his thumbs in the air...

"ROB...VAN...DAM!!"

He leaps...

AJ STYLES MOVES!!! Rob Van Dam slams into the mat with all his force! AJ Styles shakes his head and slowly crawls to his feet, as does RVD. Styles is the first up and he looks for another Styles Clash by kicking RVD in the stomach..

...NO! RVD catches AJ Styles' foot!

STEP-OVER SPINNING WHEEL KICK!! RVD catches AJ Styles square in the jaw with a vicious reversal, that knocks him out cold! This time, RVD wastes zero time as he leaps to the top rope...

...FIVE-STAR FROGSPLASH!!!! RVD COVERS!!!

1!!

2!!

3!!!

Spoiler

The fans in the arena erupt as Rob Van Dam rolls off of AJ Styles, completely exhausted!

-Joey Styles "OH MY GOD!!"

RVD lies on his back, breathing heavily, as the referee raises his arm...RVD doesn't move for quite some time, then finally rolls to his feet and steps up on the nearest corner, raising his thumbs and taunting along with the entire arena!

"ROB...VAN...DAM!!"

AJ Styles still isn't moving as RVD hops down from the turnbuckle and almost falls over...he leans on the ropes and raises his arm again in victory as NEW Tuesday Night goes off the air...

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ShinobiMusashi The Ultimate Ninja Master Presents:

RT's New Era Wrestling: NEW Tuesday Night Review

RT, whats up my man. I think you have been on some sort of Crack binge or something because you have been fucking tearing it up so far this month. Leave that shit alone man, or you will end up like Ashy Larry in front of the computer screen with chalky lips.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I don't do drugs. I just smoke herb.

Ok. I just typed all of that up while waiting for this first Youtube vid to load. I got some real shitty backwoods internet service, so these take a little bit. Best thing for me to do is get all the videos started loading, and then as I read up to them I can just keep going. These fucking videos are awesome dude. This is the kind of effort that seperates you from all of us normal people in fan fic.

That opening video was fucking awesome. Not my cup of tea with the music, but damn. That is the kind of wrestling I like to watch. Some people call it "Spot Fests", but I call it Action.

Joey Styles is my personal favorite play by play commentator. He's better than anyone not named Jim Ross. I so badly wish he would have gotten into calling MMA, because he would have been perfect. I'll often even holler out "OH MY GOD!" like Joey when I'm watching fights with friends and someone gets KTFO'd. Nobody gets the joke, but yeah. I don't care if everyone else uses Joey Styles. He's the best.

Also loving the emphasis on tag team wrestling. You absolutely have THE best tag team division in fan fic right now. It's just not even close. Tag Team wrestling is a lost art form. I'm ashamed of my tag division in The Buyout. Especially after reading these first few NEW shows. You have inspired me to revamp the once prominent ECW tag division.

See. With this entrance by the Briscoes that is just what I love about your writing. You say so much in so very few words. You gave me a pretty cool little image in my head of these guys with just a couple of words.

I'm just now getting to see the Briscoe Brothers, and I fucking love them. I stopped keeping up with Pro Wrestling around late 2000, and I want to thank you, TMMW, and a few others for turning me on to some of the amazing stuff I've missed through the decade. They kind of remind me of The Eliminators from the old ECW days, but much more talented. Fuck, this video of them is awesome! The more I see the more I like them.

Oooh, I like this format. The way you organize everything, like the matches, the commentary. It all looks so good. I've been struggling to find something thats as easy on the eyes, and I may be borrowing heavily from this in the future. Be prepared.

Pretty good little tag match. Nothing to get real, real excited about, but solid stuff. Nice opening match.

Prince Devitt is someone that everyone goes gaga for around the forums, and I have never seen him in action until you made these highlight vids. This dude is awesome. Like I said, I like guys that can put on action packed matches, and this is one of those guys. NEW is turning me onto some excellent wrestlers I have never seen. Congratulations.

Shit. Devitt vs Young has to be one of the greatest 8 minute matches of all time. That was the kind of match that I like to read. Fast paced, back and forth, high drama. This one delivered. Excellent match with a great pace. This is the highlight of the show so far.

This stuff with Christian is so blasphemous, and I love it. Funny stuff.

OH SHIT! Tyler Black is hardcore dancing!!! This I like! I used to dance like that in mosh pits when I was younger, lol. I almost got killed. This is another guy that I am wildly impressed with. Fuck. I guess I missed this vid in the first episode. This guy is AMAZING! I must see more.

That fucking video got me so pumped up! I'm ready to beat someones FUCKING ASS!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! FUCK!!!

Ok, back to the show. Ooooooh. Matt Sydal's video is blocked in my country? WTF? Why? I'm assuming its just too awesome for my sheltered American eyes to see.

I love smacks to the face for future reference.

Oh yeah. That was a pretty brutal match. One gripe I had about it was just using the names of the moves. I would like it more if you used some of that word mastery that I previously mentioned to give me the image of these moves like Gods Last Gift. I'm sure the more I look into these guys the more I'll find out about these moves, so no real big deal.

Ha! Dean Ambrose. I'm really ejoying reading his saga. You have done a great job with his character so far in NEW.

FUCKING DQ, right when it was getting good too. That was a really good tag match while it lasted. Would have liked for this one to keep going.

OH MY GOD! Got to love it. Well placed.

RVD vs AJ Styles!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Uh, yes please!

RVD coming out to Pantera almost brings a tear to my eye, and I'm not even playing.

Oh fuck man. I'm sitting here looking at my computer screen laughing out loud because of how awesome this match was. Such a war. You got me with the nearfalls. This has to be the best match I've read so far in fan fic. I know your main event for TNEW MA XV was more epic, and over the top, but this match is something really special. This is the kind of stuff I like to read man.

10/10

I'm being totally honest too. I'm not trying to kiss your ass, this match was a great read. Your tag team division is on fire. Your Dean Ambrose is highly interesting. So much awesome stuff going on. The TV title picture, I mean I could go on and on.

I know critical reviews are more helpfull, but I just don't really have any criticism. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this show. Great job RT.

ECW: Fuck The Bullshit

Thread Information