Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013

Default Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013

Okay, slightly early but some deals have been done already.

We can discuss the ins and outs through the transfer window and speculation here.

Chelsea and Arsenal have already added to their squad, as have AC Milan. Getting Van Persie to sign a new deal would be the best bit of business they could do though.

I'm reading that Eden Hazard will be announcing where he'll be playing next season after his final game today. I'm fully expecting him to say City and i wouldn't even be surprised if they had a deal in place weeks ago. But at least one saga should come close to being concluded tonight.

What areas are you hoping to see improved for your team?

Default Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013

Sneijder will become the new #7 at United. I would have thought we'd possibly have gotten Modric but i feel with Chelsea winning the CL he will finally go there (although i think if wants to progress then United would be a better option.

Kind of hoping RVP stays at Arsenal as i think i'd hate him if he joined City, i think that would be the general feeling in regards but it's his choice i guess.

Personally i can't wait for the transfer window to open. Since the second Aguero scored that winner all i want now is the transfer window open to see who moves.

Hoping that we don't fall down to mid table now in the Europa league by selling/losing our best players.

Hoping we get rid of some deadwood and bring in some quality players that offer something to the side, instead of the usual suspects that come for the paycheck.

In other words, the usual summer for a Sunderland fan.
    - Credit: Bender -

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Hoping that we don't fall down to mid table now in the Europa league by selling/losing our best players.
    I think we have enough of a core to stay 5-7th, getting back in the champions league will be that little bit harder than it was this year though.

Modric is gone, best case scenario is that we sell him soon and get in a decent replacement and a good price.

Bale will be in the papers every day, linked to various big clubs, but i think he'll stay for one more year. Can't see Levy letting both of them go this summer.

VDV, Walker, Parker, Sandro, Kaboul and Lennon will stay. Pretty confident of that. All we will need is a couple of goalscoring strikers, a reliable central defender and a backup left winger. A new manager would be top of my shopping list too if i was Levy.

The game is about glory.

A right-back is a must. Bruno's crap, Miguel's good but he lacks a brain, and both are leaving anyhow. Barragán seems promising, but he needs some top-flight experience first. At the moment there are three candidates: Van der Wiel, Débuchy (best option IMO) and Joao Pereira. Which means it'll end up being someone else.

If Jordi Alba signs for Barça, we'll need a left-back too. Don't know who I'd want there, realistically speaking of course. A centre-back to accompany Rami would be neat, but I'm not holding my breath.

With Villarreal down, I want Nilmar and Bruno Soriano/Borja Valero in a Valencia shirt. Especially one of the latter two, we're desperately in need of a creative midfielder, with Banega and Canales injured. Parejo alone won't do, and Tino Costa's leaving. Rossi would be a nice complement to our attack (that's an understatement ), but there's no way Villarreal are letting him go to a Spanish team.

With Viera (second striker/attacking midfielder from Las Palmas, promising) and Guardado (left winger, definite starter if Alba leaves) already signed, I think that's it. It all depends on who we sell though.

Guardado has signed for Valencia? Nice, be cracking to see him in Liga BBVA again.

It won't be officially announced until Deportivo are mathematically promoted, but yeah it's a done deal. On a free transfer too.

Well, we were meant to be signing Jaroslav Fojut this summer as he'd already agreed a pre-contract but he done his cruciate so the contract was cancelled.

Quite a few players leaving, Dan Majstorovic left for AIK Stockholm. Mark Wilson is leaving at the end of the season. Fraser Forster probably won't sign permanently. Efrain Juarez is a certainty to go. Dominic Cervi has left, McGinn will likely leave as will Daryl Murphy. Paddy McCourt, Rasmussen and then possibly Cha and Ki will maybe be sold.

As for who we are bringing in. Rumours that we are going for Markus Henriksen from Rosenborg but he has said he might still stay there but was flattered at the interest. There's the Craig Gordon situation what with him now out of contract.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Yeah, he has been heavily linked with a return to Scottish football with Celtic. He'd be a good fit for your team, I'd love for him to stay but his injuries played against him. The performances he put in at times were outstanding, however WMVP look out for the crosses if he does play for you. He is a bit shaky on them.

Carlos Cuellar is a lad who has been "touted" to sign for Sunderland, well that is according to the local paper. I don't know if I would want him at Sunderland to be fair.

He is a good player, or he was when at Rangers, never really followed him much at Villa.

I like Gordon and when he is injury-free, and he has had bad luck with injuries, he is outstanding. Saved Scotland in big games so many times. Artur Boruc is open to a return and he is out of contract, would take him back. Apparently we're also looking at Matt Mills, is he any good?

Also, Loovens is gone now that his contract has expired.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

After Demel's poor effort in the final yesterday, and Faubert being found wanting at Prem level, I think we need a right back.

Really hope Big Sam sees it the same way and does his best to convince Ferg to let us have Fabio on loan for a year. Don't think he's actually bailed to Benfica yet has he?
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

I like Demel but he looked scared shitless in the play-off, maybe a pressure thing?

For Arsenal, I would like a covering left-back. Gibbs is good and he can start, but Santos is a liability and Vermaelen is wasted there. As I said, Gibbs is good but he is injury prone and we can't get away from that. A solid back-up would be smart, a left-sided Jenkinson-type would be perfect.

We are most desperate for an emergency defender. Miquel lacks temperament, Squillaci lacks everything, Djourou has had a torturous season. Four solid defenders of Vermaelen, Koscielny, Mertesacker and a new purchase. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone, I'm sure Wenger has some good players* shortlisted.

Other than that I think we're set. M'Vila would be a good addition, fine young player, not really needed though. Podolski is a great buy, finally someone else who can play through the middle.

In terms of outward transfers. Arshavin can go, he's balls, Chamakh is even worse than balls, Squillaci doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as balls, and I wouldn't miss Park or Santos either tbh.

*complete randoms.

It's impossible to suggest what we'll do.

We've released a few young players and fringe guys, including the Club Captain. We apparently have money, so I am guessing we'll be signing a couple of defenders and midfielders. We are probably going to sign Addison from Derby, been linked with Wordsworth and Bostwick as a tough center midfielder, something we've missed since our side was decimated last summer.

Striker wise, we look alright. The most important signing however, was the manager, and that was a horrible appointment and I have no faith we can go anywhere with the best mates of our chairman in charge of the team.

I'm totally looking forward to this window.
    TBG Poster Of The Year 2011
    TBG Poster Of The Year 2009 (w/ Froggy & HitmanHBK)

Quote Originally Posted by TFI View Post
    I think we have enough of a core to stay 5-7th, getting back in the champions league will be that little bit harder than it was this year though.

Modric is gone, best case scenario is that we sell him soon and get in a decent replacement and a good price.

Bale will be in the papers every day, linked to various big clubs, but i think he'll stay for one more year. Can't see Levy letting both of them go this summer.

VDV, Walker, Parker, Sandro, Kaboul and Lennon will stay. Pretty confident of that. All we will need is a couple of goalscoring strikers, a reliable central defender and a backup left winger. A new manager would be top of my shopping list too if i was Levy.
    Mentioned in the Prem Thread that discussions with Loic Remy's representatives are underway. Not the big name striker I would've been thinking of, but what can you do. As long as it isn't Adebayor I guess.

If Modric goes, I'd expect him to go for about £40m-£50m in todays market so that frees up a bit to spend. I'd have suggested Marin (Marin ), but unfortunately, he's on his way to Chelsea. Value for money, wonder if Dempsey would be an option. Possibly Sigurdsson as well. Also, there's that continuous link with Kalou. Remember Pienaar will be coming back as well.
    TBG Poster Of The Year 2011
    TBG Poster Of The Year 2009 (w/ Froggy & HitmanHBK)

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    After Demel's poor effort in the final yesterday, and Faubert being found wanting at Prem level, I think we need a right back.

Really hope Big Sam sees it the same way and does his best to convince Ferg to let us have Fabio on loan for a year. Don't think he's actually bailed to Benfica yet has he?

Despite the joys of yesterday, it did show that we need a good bit of strengthing for the upcoming PREMIER LEAGUE season. I'm talking 7-8 players. First job is to get Green a new contract, and to sign Henderson so we have nothing to worry about in goal. Then get rid of Carew, Piquionne, Faubert (unless he takes a huge cut) etc before making a number of signings.

Would love Clyne and Zaha off Palace along with Matty Philips, Scott Dann, Lansbury (for a decent fee) and the Olsson twins.

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

I want to raid Wolves as well. Knightly and Jarvis both options. Agree re. Dann. Tomkins is class though. Such a mark for him.
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

Think Dann/Tomkins would be a great partnership. Love Tomkins, my MotM yesterday. He's played with an endless amount of partners since he broke into the first team until he started forming a good one with Reid but not sure if the Kiwi can handle the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling MVP View Post
    He is a good player, or he was when at Rangers, never really followed him much at Villa.

I like Gordon and when he is injury-free, and he has had bad luck with injuries, he is outstanding. Saved Scotland in big games so many times. Artur Boruc is open to a return and he is out of contract, would take him back. Apparently we're also looking at Matt Mills, is he any good?

Also, Loovens is gone now that his contract has expired.
    Matt Mills is/was a decent player at Reading, kinda went off the radar at Leicester City. He'll fit in well with Mulgrew at the back, I'd imagine anyway.

Loovens, isn't he the lad who you signed from Cardiff? What happened to him to not merit a new deal?

Gordon, Its a shame we've released him but I doubt MON would want 3 international keepers at the club. I'd imagine Westwood will challenge or even be number 1 for EIRE after Given retires from the scene. Gordon will find no trouble seeking a new club, maybe the wages might be a bit too steep. Thank Roy for that...

Anyone for Hoilett?

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I want to raid Wolves as well. Knightly and Jarvis both options. Agree re. Dann. Tomkins is class though. Such a mark for him.
    Jarvis is very top of my wishlist.

Really rate him and reckon he'd do well down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Anyone for Hoilett?
    Wouldn't mind if Arshavin got sold. Miyaichi is back this season though and Podolski can play wide so doubt Wenger will go for it. Lovely player though.

Redknapp may go for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Anyone for Hoilett?
    We're heavily linked with him, as well as The Yak.

French reports say Hazard has picked United over City.

Thread Information