Thread: Singers who sound horrible live

Default Singers who sound horrible live

Who are some singers/artists in your opinion that sound horrible live? Please post a video if you have proof of it. Doesn't have to be any particular genre of music. Anything.

One I know of....

Atomic Kitten

They're beautiful, I'll give them that, and everyone thinks they're "the bomb" but that's because they lip sync every performance.

Here is one of the very few times they actually sung live. They sound like shit!!

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Default Re: Singers who sound horrible live

Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. Jesus christ.

And as we all learnt the hard way at Wrestlemania, Cee Lo Green is horrid live.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Atomic Kitten? The bomb?

Who the fuck do you hang out with?

Also, CeeLo is not "horrid" live, he has had some bad ones, but he can also be as equally awesome, his voice is very much love/hate too, which does not help.

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

Definitely agree on Fergie. She's put in some absolutely abysmal live performances which I've had the misfortune of listening to.
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

Especially if your into all forms of Pop and a lot of Hip Hop then your going to be dissapointed much of the time when seeing these types of music performed live if they are indeed not lip syncing. Auto Tune makes a good singer sound like an amazing singer. Taking that away just turns these acts to shit.

Does anyone think Fergie looks like a tranny?

Cee-Lo is far from horrid live. He just doesn't have the voice for a large, open-air venue. As I've pointed out in other threads, he is tremendous in a smaller venue. Absolutely tremendous.

I've always hated the layered-over, autotune garbage that spews from the lead singer of My Chemical Romance, but after seeing them live several years ago (not by choice), I doubt I will ever see a worse performance. Like nails on a chalkboard it was. He SUCKS.

Bert McCracken of The Used is a close second, although both times I've seen The Used live, he's started off well, then just faded out because his voice isn't strong enough to scream for more than 20 minutes. Both shows I saw, after the first few songs, he started spitting up blood on stage. Probably not something a lead singer should be doing on a regular basis. I'm surprised he doesn't have throat cancer or something by now.

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

I have heard Cee Lo green do live performances other than Wrestlemania and I stand by my opinion that he is fucking awful. Not anywhere near as awful as Fergie but yeah.

Also, as much as I LOVE him on an extremely gay level, Bieber isn't always great live as much as it pains me to say it...I saw him live in person when he was 15 and he was really good but he seems to have become hit and miss since puberty set on...

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

People thinking Atomic Kitten are the bomb

Atomic Kitten in general

I can't believe people still remember Atomic Kitten...

I know. Thats what makes that post so amazing

At first I didn't remember the song but I played it and now I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Bert McCracken of The Used is a close second, although both times I've seen The Used live, he's started off well, then just faded out because his voice isn't strong enough to scream for more than 20 minutes. Both shows I saw, after the first few songs, he started spitting up blood on stage. Probably not something a lead singer should be doing on a regular basis. I'm surprised he doesn't have throat cancer or something by now.
    Although they are one of my favorite bands, I agree with this. They are usually hit or miss. Bert destroyed his voice in the early years in the band. I have no idea how keeps going on like this. They actually sounded good the second time I saw them. First time was shit though. I

Bullet for My Valentine and Three Days Grace suck live. I'm not a fan of either band, but I had a VIP ticket for Uproar last year.

Psh, Cee Lo is awesome live.

Didn't or doesn't Bert McCracken do drugs and shit? Amazing he can still sing(Even if shitty) or stuff too....

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

I have no idea about McCracken's drug use, but as far as I know, he was homeless before joining The Used and getting discovered. Wouldn't be surprised if he still has some substance abuse issues.

Raven mentioned Three Days Grace. Only time I saw them live was on TV before the Winnipeg Jets home opener this year. Holy FUCK were they bad. I never liked them to begin with, but sweet Jesus. How does a band that sounds like that continue to be a success?

Don't answer that. It was rhetorical.

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

Elliot Minor sound terrible live, yeah I went to one of their shows not by choice .... forced by me ex at the time.
    - Credit: Bender -

If you want to skip her shitty dancing, skip to 2:12 for a good laugh, and yeah people did used to act like Atomic Kitten was the bomb a few years back.

Bert was a hardcore drug user up to Artwork. Not only did that destroy his voice, but the way he used to scream.

B.E.P immidiately came to mind upon seeing the topic title.

P.S. - I like Atomic Kitten, lol. (Have never seem them live though)

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Cee Lo didn't perform at WrestleMania. Were you talking about SummerSlam or did you mistake Flo Rida for him?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Nar I meant Cee Lo Green, I just assumed it was a past Wrestlemania I remembered him performing at.

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Raven mentioned Three Days Grace. Only time I saw them live was on TV before the Winnipeg Jets home opener this year. Holy FUCK were they bad. I never liked them to begin with, but sweet Jesus. How does a band that sounds like that continue to be a success?
    Depressed goth / angry teen boys need something to identify with. Not that I didn't listen to some absolutely horrible music in my teen years but, Three Days Grace was really the turning point in, 'why the fuck do my friends listen to this shit?' Such a horrible band.

I agree with Cee Lo as well. I was way too excited to hear 'forget you' at the all-star game a few years ago and he was was horrible. Following it up with that abysmal performance at Summerslam didn't help my opinion.

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    Bullet for My Valentine and Three Days Grace suck live. I'm not a fan of either band, but I had a VIP ticket for Uproar last year.

Psh, Cee Lo is awesome live.
    I went to Uproar last year as well, and I thought both Bullet and 3DG were great. Especially 3DG, I really liked their set and the crowd seemed to have liked it as well because they were moshing and getting in to it as well. Bullet was pretty awesome too, but out of all the bands there Avenged Sevenfold stole the show again like they did the year before in 2010. If there was a thread for great live bands, Avenged Sevenfold would be on my list.

Back in 2009 I saw Slipknot live, and one of the openers was Coheed and Cambria. I've never really been a fan of them, so it didn't really bother me that they didn't sound good live.

I thought MGK at Wrestlemania was bad, and I actually like the song he did but he does not sound good live at all. Flo Rida wasn't too bad though, and Cee-Lo is good live aswell.

Is it good or bad that I have never even heard of Atomic Kitten?

Banner Credit: Bender

Had the displeasure of sitting through these guys (Motionless in white) open for Manson, then endure Wednesday 13 after that. Both woeful.
    Luckily Coal Chamber and then Manson put on an awesome show though.

Thread Information