Thread: nWo women

Default nWo women

I was watching Souled Out '97 and Erich Bischoff some how came up with this idea of "nWo women" . If you have seen, can you explain to me what the hell is that?
    there were like 50 year old women and its just not clear why were they there and how were they picked, and looks like the fans were really upset by it being so boring, and it took out some time of the PPV I'd say it added at least 20min extra to the PPV
    everybody has a price!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

Default Re: nWo women

It had more to do with that being the PPV sponsored by the NWO, and everything involved wit hteh PPV was "all NWO" or else. It wasn't meant to be an ongoing thing, and also the ONLY time this was ever done. I can't remember the buys it did, but it did horrible. That was during the last days of kayfabe for the most part, and nobody wanted to get it thinking that the proceeds went directly to the NWO....lol....and well, it also sucked.

Banner by-ThreadKiller

king of hardcore OH YEAHH raven1980's Avatar

I remember that Pay Per View it was in the winter somewhere cause i remember the snow any who i didn understand it either bunch of ugly women it didnt fit the NWO image IMO and Bischoff kissing them just nasty SMH
    MY FACEBOOK >>http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home wrestling is fake dig up Owen Hart and tell him that! Tosh.0

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raven1980 View Post
    I remember that Pay Per View it was in the winter somewhere cause i remember the snow any who i didn understand it either bunch of ugly women it didnt fit the NWO image IMO and Bischoff kissing them just nasty SMH
    It was in January, around SuperBowl Time.

Banner by-ThreadKiller

It was January 25. I can't remember if I read this in Bischoffs book or The Death of WCW but the story goes that this PPV was supposed to create a split off of the nWo from WCW and for it to become it's own brand. Bischoff thought it could survive on its own. Just go to youtube and watch a segment of the PPV. They spent a ton of money on that set. Everything was created for that PPV and intended to be the nWo brand's set. The lighting was even different so that it would feel different from WCW. The PPV bombed and none of that stuff was ever used again. It was an enormous failure.

Here is the thing:
    1) How does having 50 year old women doing nWo pageant helps anything wrestling? nWo or not
    2) PPV selling rate happens pre-show , so it can't bomb if you are a WCW fan you would still buy it. If the WWE makes a bad wrestle mania, the worst ever, it will still sell like crazy because everyone bought it before hand as they trust the brand. How can it bomb when WCW at the time was the top wrestling company?
    everybody has a price!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

any one care t comment on this?
    everybody has a price!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It was a fun show. I liked how everyone not in the NWO were underdogs and out of their element. It was some of Eric Bischoff's better commentary, he came off too fake during his earlier days commentating. In some feuds like ECW vs The Network and WWE vs The Alliance, you see teasing about the bad guys taking over, so it was neat seeing the NWO with their own PPV. They did segments on WCW Saturday Night too. I don't know if it was something I wanted to see on a regular basis.

I didn't care much for the Miss NWO contest and that band. Not entirely a bad idea because numerous pay per views tried different things for fan interaction and entertainment value. Bischoff and the top guys in the NWO were middle-aged, so maybe they were getting women they'd be likely to hook up with. ECW used to reference Devon being attracted to big white women, I think because he was married to one.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
    Bischoff and the top guys in the NWO were middle-aged, so maybe they were getting women they'd be likely to hook up with.
    I don't know. I think there might have been a 60 year old in there. They looked less than the average females , they will attract no one. Probably the opposite. Its like they brought those women to make fun of them on public tv
    everybody has a price!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Considering WCW was in a pretty good place creatively in early 1997 it's strange that a lot of the nWo Souled Out ideas were allowed to fly. So much of it was obviously a turn off... not least the 'nWo women' abomination.

A very odd decision to book that PPV but on the plus side WCW learnt from it and abandoned a terrible idea - which is exactly what they weren't doing a couple of years later when business was plummeting.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Thread Information