Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon Martin case. *merged*

MonRepos

Default Re: Trayvon Martin case.

Quote Originally Posted by Locuro View Post
    What in the world is this? There is no life or death situation in this case if Zimmerman simply takes the dispatcher's advice and does not pursue Martin. If Zimmerman takes the sensible course of action (calls 911, reports suspicious activity, and then retreats/stays the hell away) then there is no confrontation and nobody gets killed.
    That is the most sensible comment I have seen so far. That wraps it up in a nutshell. Whatever happened between the two, this death could have been avoided if Zimmerman had followed the directions of the 911 Dispatcher and stopped following Trayvon Martin. It's that simple...and that sad and heartbreaking for everyone involved.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day, Zimmerman instigated a confrontation with someone who he deemed suspicious by they're appearance.

If we take race, media, hoodies, Skittles, and Iced Tea out of the equation, and you would still have an extremely hard time justifying Zimmerman's actions or the portrayal of him as a victim.

I don't care if he witnessed Trayvon Martin hopping out of a broken window carrying a television while wearing a skull mask, it still in no way, shape, or form justifies following, approaching, and initiating an altercation while armed, only to leave the kid dead on the ground. And the fact that he has not even been charged with a crime, when others have been arrested for far less is outright disgusting.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WM3 were put on death row for far, far less.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

Santa Clawz

Quote Originally Posted by David*Dream* View Post
    Which is even worse. The house was empty, no lives were at risk. The idiot should have let the cops do their job.
    I see no problem with two criminals being shot dead on the spot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    WM3 were put on death row for far, far less.
    Amazing documentary series on the west memphis three. It's shocking and upsetting how this happened to them and how basically they were thrown in jail because the cops brow beat a confession out of a retarded boy for 12 hours without a lawyer present. Right then and there that confession should of been seen as pretty suspect...and I'm not 100% sure, but I think even illegal.

Now that is a true case of the justice system just fucking somebody over for literally nothing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Clawz View Post
    I see no problem with two criminals being shot dead on the spot.
    I've got no sympathy for robbers getting capped. I mean i don't think it was necessary to shoot them but it's hard to feel sorry for two robbers. With that said though, this guy was probably the type of guy who was probably like "I can't wait to use this on somebody if I get a chance that won't throw me in jail". I know a few rednecks who would love for somebody to step on their property just to blow them away. People are fucking crazy. I can't stand gun nuts.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Locuro View Post
    What in the world is this? There is no life or death situation in this case if Zimmerman simply takes the dispatcher's advice and does not pursue Martin. If Zimmerman takes the sensible course of action (calls 911, reports suspicious activity, and then retreats/stays the hell away) then there is no confrontation and nobody gets killed.
    Wow you missed the whole point of my post someone mentioned taking away the stand your ground law which to me makes no sense

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask yourself this, is this self defense? You call 9/11 and report a kid walking with a hoodie. You follow him by truck for some time. The kid runs, and you follow first in your car, but you lose him. You now get of your car and search for him, armed with a pistol. You find him and he runs again while you chase him. The kid confronts you and asks why you are following him while you demand to what he is doing. The kid gets angry and you shoot him to death.

This is a rough timeline that is unfolding of the events that lead to Zimmerman using lethal force to defend himself against the threat that this teenager posed. The chase period is bit blurred as to whether he encountered Zimmerman once or twice because testimony comes from Martin's girlfriend who believes she killed him by telling him to run away from Zimmerman and just get home.

Also not gonna respond to Duty to Retreat comments until you read the posts.

I never said this case was about self defense i said future cases

Justin Valuable

The worst part about this whole ordeal is that this case is only getting attention because it was a white guy shooting a black kid. If it was black on black the media wouldn't give a shit. And there are plenty of cases where a black kills a white but the media doesn't care about this. Trayvon's twitter name was No_Limit_Nigga... but the media hasn't reported on that.

We have one pathetic media in this country.

Also, when Al (Not so) Sharpton gets involved in a situation that situation loses credibility.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many factors that go into why a particular story garners national media attention. I do not necessarily think it can be simplified to the media only wanting to highlight white-on-black crime.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think...who gives a fuck? People get wrongfully killed every day. I don't see why this case is deserving of special attention...

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ~LK~ View Post
    I think...who gives a fuck? People get wrongfully killed every day. I don't see why this case is deserving of special attention...
    A guy with a gun pretty much stalked a kid he decided was guilty of something to the point where the kid took action and then used the kid taking action as justification for shooting him dead... and if I am not mistaken the guy is free right now.

So as it stands he shot a kid dead in a situation he created and is free on some technicality. That is why.

He murdered and he is free and ATM in the clear.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    A guy with a gun pretty much stalked a kid he decided was guilty of something to the point where the kid took action and then used the kid taking action as justification for shooting him dead... and if I am not mistaken the guy is free right now.

So as it stands he shot a kid dead in a situation he created and is free on some technicality. That is why.

He murdered and he is free and ATM in the clear.
    Well don't worry. If he remains free, it leaves him open to retaliation by others.

MonRepos

At this point, the media needs to back off a bit from this case and let the legal process take its course. I think that with all the scrutiny that has been given to this case, the legal investigation will have no room for holes, so that is hopefully a good thing. But with the constant media coverage, it brings out the extremists on both sides, with white supremacists reportedly hacking Trayvon's Twitter account and black panthers offering a $10K reward for Zimmerman. People need to back off and at least let the process take its course. At the end of it, if there are still questions, then ask questions, but people need cool off before this thing turns into something even worse than what it has become.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well don't worry. If he remains free, it leaves him open to retaliation by others.
    He is under police protection I believe.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    Amazing documentary series on the west memphis three. It's shocking and upsetting how this happened to them and how basically they were thrown in jail because the cops brow beat a confession out of a retarded boy for 12 hours without a lawyer present. Right then and there that confession should of been seen as pretty suspect...and I'm not 100% sure, but I think even illegal.

Now that is a true case of the justice system just fucking somebody over for literally nothing.
    Paradise Lost is one of my favorite documentaries series. Part 3 is out if and should be on netflix that goes into their release. Damian finished his second book, and Jesse and Mark are speaking at college now.

Sony is supposed to push West of Memphis big time as well.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MonRepos View Post
    At this point, the media needs to back off a bit from this case and let the legal process take its course. I think that with all the scrutiny that has been given to this case, the legal investigation will have no room for holes, so that is hopefully a good thing. But with the constant media coverage, it brings out the extremists on both sides, with white supremacists reportedly hacking Trayvon's Twitter account and black panthers offering a $10K reward for Zimmerman. People need to back off and at least let the process take its course. At the end of it, if there are still questions, then ask questions, but people need cool off before this thing turns into something even worse than what it has become.
    Heavy media scrutiny is what got the DoJ and activists involved so that hopefully this guy doesn't get away with taking the life of a kid without facing ANY legal repercussions whatsoever. Also the heavy media attention is forcing people, especially the Sanford Police Department, to be held accountable for their actions. Extremists being on both sides is not a legit enough excuse for people to back off. This kid's family deserves justice.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Stan that the media scrutiny was necessary to get the outside investigation. However, there is still a legitimate discussion to be had about media responsibility and inciting a "trial by media". For instance, CNN had a public forum to discuss the case. The reporter said, "Who here has made up their mind regarding the innocence or guilt of George Zimmerman?" Almost the entire room raised their hands. That is wrong to me and much of the blame lies at the doorstep of the media.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the media loves to stir up anything race related. If this was black on black or white on white crime, you wouldn't of heard boo about except maybe local news coverage.

I read a article recently though that more americans are starting to soften on Zimmerman and think he shouldn't be jailed. I get that, and like I said earlier, I don't think the evidence is really there to jail him, not right now anyways.

MonRepos

Quote Originally Posted by Big Stan View Post
    Heavy media scrutiny is what got the DoJ and activists involved so that hopefully this guy doesn't get away with taking the life of a kid without facing ANY legal repercussions whatsoever. Also the heavy media attention is forcing people, especially the Sanford Police Department, to be held accountable for their actions. Extremists being on both sides is not a legit enough excuse for people to back off. This kid's family deserves justice.
    You don't need to tell me the family deserves justice. I know that they do. What I said was that "At this point" the media need to back off a bit. Also, if, after the investigation his family is still dissatisfied, then by all means put more pressure on the authorities. However, there comes a point when cooler heads need to prevail.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The family won't be satisfied unless the man is jailed. No matter what, the guy killed their unarmed child...they're seeing red and that isn't going to go away, no matter what evidence is found. Or at least I think so.

MonRepos

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    The family won't be satisfied unless the man is jailed. No matter what, the guy killed their unarmed child...they're seeing red and that isn't going to go away, no matter what evidence is found. Or at least I think so.
    And I completely understand this. I was stunned that he was not arrested but both supporters and detractors won't be satisfied until there is a full and open and honest investigation, and I think that with all the outrage and all the pressure surrounding this case, there is a chance that such an investigation could happen. Now it's time to let the process carry itself out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not about retaliation... its the fact that it happened in the first place and it could happen again. Someone with a gun can create a situation and bait you into attacking him/her and you can shoot him dead, that is the situation as it seems. Someone with a gun can also act as a vigilante and decide whether you are guilty or innocent under the guise of protecting themselves and act like this. That is why this is a big deal.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    The worst part about this whole ordeal is that this case is only getting attention because it was a white guy shooting a black kid. If it was black on black the media wouldn't give a shit. And there are plenty of cases where a black kills a white but the media doesn't care about this. Trayvon's twitter name was No_Limit_Nigga... but the media hasn't reported on that.

We have one pathetic media in this country.

Also, when Al (Not so) Sharpton gets involved in a situation that situation loses credibility.
    If any situation where
    - one person shot and killed another person
    - the shooter was let go fairly quickly by police
    - the police failed to bag and keep the shooter's clothing, and failed to do a drug/alcohol screen on the shooter, so even if charges are pressed the guy will likely walk because the police failed to follow proper procedure and collect the evidence they were supposed to collect
    - the victim was listed as a John Doe despite having a cell phone on him, and the family was not notified of the death until his dad called the next day

I would hope there would be some outrage there. And I haven't mentioned race in this post yet, just police incompetence.

As far as the Twitter thing goes, so what? No Limit is a record label that hasn't been relevant since they feuded with the West Texas Rednecks, back when WCW was still a thing, so he is either being ironic or hopelessly out of date. Also related:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...in_tweets.html
    The content: Really, really banal. After 20 minutes of scanning, I found a lot of disturbingly poor English (this is how kids write text messages, right?) and some occasional horndog bragging. It makes you wonder: What sort of tweets would have revealed that Martin wasn't really innocent? Possibly something along the lines of "I see a white Hispanic guy following me; time to beat him up." And... no, that's really it. Martin had no history of violence. The most damaging thing we've learned about him is that he was suspended from school because he had an "empty marijuana baggie."

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is under police protection I believe.
    He can't be forever.

Thread Information