Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Undertaker vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania XXIX?

Baddest of the Bad Stunning Steve's Avatar

Default The Undertaker vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania XXIX?

The Rock and Undertaker had a feud in mid 1999, but unfortunately it wasn't as big as it could have been for a number of reasons, mainly that it didn't last long and it was clearly second priority on the card behind Austin/McMahon.

Now the Rock is back and the Undertaker will need a quality opponent for Wrestlemania next year. I think a rematch between the two might be an ideal fit for the show.

Both are huge faces, but a feud with the Undertaker might allow that Rock to go back to being a kind of pseudo-heel, sort of the way an otherwise solid face Shawn Michaels did in the run up to his match with Hulk Hogan in 2005.

Discounting their rather average match at the 1999 King of the Ring, these two have never had a top level match against each other on a major PPV.

Wrestlemania XIX just might be the place to change that.

Occasionally shining...
    Forever Stunning...

Banned

Default Re: The Undertaker vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania XIX?

Completely agree Undertaker vs Rock at wrestlemania it would be great. The rock would sure be a threat to the streak. And it would sell a lot of tickets and the build up would be suberb. But i wont see this match hapening because it wouldnt realy make sence. Also i dont think rock would go through a punishing 5 star match with taker.

*obligatory "XIX was in 2003 hurr durr"*

Now that that's out of the way, I would love it but I would rather see Cena vs. Taker if I had to pick between them.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    *obligatory "XIX was in 2003 hurr durr"*

Now that that's out of the way, I would love it but I would rather see Cena vs. Taker if I had to pick between them.
    I think they should save Cena vs. Undertaker till WM 30 if at all possible .

surrender

I want Cena vs. Taker for the next possible Wrestlemania. It shouldn't be pushed to the side for anything - it's the one dream match I want more than any other.

As for The Rock? Rock could work with Punk/Orton/Miz/Trips/Rhodes next year and I'd be very happy.

It would be cool but I don't think it’s the smartest way to use them.

You are taking two main event level matches in turning them into one.

Rock/Randy or maybe Punk or even Miz, and Cena /Undertaker would be a much smarter and stronger card.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I want Cena vs. Taker for the next possible Wrestlemania. It shouldn't be pushed to the side for anything - it's the one dream match I want more than any other.

Realy cena vs undertaker at mania is a dream match i thought a dream match would be a legend coming out of retirement to face someone. And you never thought the match would happen etc Rock Vs Cena. Not a match when the two guys have faced each other quite a lot of times before. And someone who is not on the active roster in week in out

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Realy cena vs undertaker at mania is a dream match i thought a dream match would be a legend coming out of retirement to face someone. And you never thought the match would happen etc Rock Vs Cena. Not a match when the two guys have faced each other quite a lot of times before. And someone who is not on the active roster in week in out
    We've never seen Cena/Taker since Taker was a main eventer. Also, I wouldn't exactly call Taker an active wrestler. Heck, he and The Rock wrestled as many times last year. Cena and Taker are two of my all time favourites - so to see them go one on one at Wrestlemania is my ultimate dream match at the minute. On top of that, Cena is the only guy I can realistically see ending the streak.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call Taker an active wrestler. .
    I was talking about cena. Also i dont think cenas the only threat we still got jericho. Or if wwe realy push a guy this year and make him a threat. But with the talent wwe got now it could take a good 2 years for someone to actually be legit to end the streak.
    Last edited by The Spear; 03-02-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    I think they should save Cena vs. Undertaker till WM 30 if at all possible .
    No. This "push it back" bullshit needs to stop.

People were saying for years that it should be pushed back to the 20-0 match. Guess what happened? It got pushed back and it's STILL not the 20-0 match.

Do it next year, please.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Undertaker vs Rock. That's an interesting possibility. Honestly, I'd rather see Taker vs Cena/Orton/Sheamus and Rock vs one of the younger guys. That's not to say Undertaker vs Rock wouldn't be awesome, because it definitely would be, but it's not my #1 choice.

Soopadood

It's definitley a good idea. But like most others, I'd still rather see Cena/Undertaker and Rock against CM Punk perhaps. That would be brilliant.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

Undertaker v Rock @ Wrestle Mania 19 would certainly make much more sense then Undertaker v Rock @ Wrestle Mania 29

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

I like the idea for nostalgia purposes, but it doesn't do anything for the "possibility of ending Taker's streak". I'd have more confidence in Hunter ending it this year then Rock (the celebrity) doing it.

Undertaker has a far bigger list with names like Cena & Sting and I'd even take Taker/Foley over Taker/Rock.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

If I'm going to look ahead to next year...

Wrestlemania XXVIII
    -------------------------
    John Cena def. The Rock

Undertaker def. Triple H
    -Shawn Michaels hits Sweet Chin Music on HHH to give Undertaker a win. A way of saying Hunter will never get the better resume of the DX members.

Fast forward to Summerslam...after months of defending his championship, CM Punk finally falters, to a red-hot re-focused/energized Miz. Miz goes on to hold the championship all the way through the Royal Rumble.

2013 Royal Rumble
    --------------------
    Royal Rumble won by The Rock

WWE Championship
    (C) The Miz def John Cena

The Rock then says without a shadow of a doubt he will go for the WWE Championship and become a 10 time champion. Miz takes the claim of how Rock and Cena overshadowed his awesomeness two years in a row when it came time for Wrestlemania. In 2011, The Miz was the winner of the WWE Championship match in the main event, but everyone only wanted to talk about Rock and Cena. In 2012, he couldn't get on the card without a war, but Rock can just show up and get on so he can face the wonder boy John Cena. But this year, he proves to the world that he deserves more than to be overlooked. That he is The Awesome One and should get respect. After 2 years, we finally get the blow-off of Rock/Miz that was nudged a few times around WM27.

As for Undertaker...Cena says that a year ago in Miami, he defeated a legend, a sure-fire first ballot Hall of Famer. But there's another sure-fire first ballot Hall of Famer that he needs to face...unlike Shawn Michaels and Triple H, Cena is in his prime. And it's time to end the streak.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

I can't stand the idea of the streak being tainted with interference.

I get that it might happen, but god would I hate it.

HAYZE

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    2013 Royal Rumble
    --------------------
    Royal Rumble won by The Rock
    Why when you could have an actual active wrestler win would you give it to the Rock? I don't see how that would help. Rock wouldn't bother with the Royal Rumble. He's above it at this point

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

I don't either, but I can't think of a better way to end this match in all honesty. Shawn teased it a bit in that .com deal too. I mean, how can they have Triple H believably lose to Taker right now with how the past year has gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness_Bolt View Post
    Why when you could have an actual active wrestler win would you give it to the Rock? I don't see how that would help. Rock wouldn't bother with the Royal Rumble. He's above it at this point
    Haha, I knew that would catch some heat. It would play out like this...

A couple weeks before The Rock would come back and say how he said he was going to electrify Wrestlemania 29, and he is going to do so by becoming a 10 time champ, really heavily tease the rematch with Cena as Cena is the number one contender, play up how Cena vs Miz won't end well for Miz. The GM (probably Johnny Ace) comes out and says there's only one way he can do that, and that's by winning the Royal Rumble. He is all about fairness, and last year, Rock showing up in the main event after 1 match in 7 years was unfair to plenty of guys in the back, bring up how Rock has only won one match (2011 Survivor Series) in nearly 8 years. So if he wants to do this, he has to enter his name in the Rumble and win.

The match before the Rumble itself is the WWE Championship match. Rock shown watching a monitor intently in the back, dying to get his hands on Cena once more. But then shocker....Miz retains yet again. WWE fans are crushed, no more John Cena vs Rock II. No more Rock going for the WWE Championship. He said it himself, he wants to face Cena to win his 10th. But then Rock gets out there, and the magic hits, and he goes on a tear and wins the Royal Rumble. The media hype would kick off all over again, the casuals (all 85-90% of the audience) would go nuts. Then bring out Miz and people will remember that Cena and Rock weren't the only 2 in that feud. This one could be just as hot. It'd be a roller coaster ride for the fans that night.

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    I don't either, but I can't think of a better way to end this match in all honesty. Shawn teased it a bit in that .com deal too. I mean, how can they have Triple H believably lose to Taker right now with how the past year has gone?
    He's Taker. Taker winning at WrestleMania is always believable.

Also, the other issue is that you can't do that ending without HBK coming out of retirement to face Triple H. And it's not 2002 anymore, we don't need up see that again.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    He's Taker. Taker winning at WrestleMania is always believable.

Also, the other issue is that you can't do that ending without HBK coming out of retirement to face Triple H. And it's not 2002 anymore, we don't need up see that again.
    The bottom part is true. And even as a massive HBK fan, I don't want him coming out of retirement.

How would you end the match though? I mean, they did everything last year, and now we're to believe Taker is weaker than last year, while Hunter is still pretty much the same.

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

I am sorry, The Main Event, but Rock/Miz would be horrible .

I have no interest in ever seeing that match, especially at WM .

surrender

Baddest of the Bad Stunning Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    I am sorry, The Main Event, but Rock/Miz would be horrible .

I have no interest in ever seeing that match, especially at WM .

I think Rock vs. The Miz could potentially be half decent.. *ducks*

But I don't think it belongs at Wrestlemania

Occasionally shining...
    Forever Stunning...

Default Re: The Undertaker vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania XXIX?

I love TME's idea but I don't think that's a surprise.

As for Rock/Taker, it's even harder to believe Rock would end the streak then HHH ending it. Part of the appeal for me with a potential Cena/Taker is that no-one could say with certainty which way that match would go, if anyone in the company is likely to end the streak, it's Cena wayyyyy before it's Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not

The video game draft final, Emperor vs Blindy

Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

Default Re: The Undertaker vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania XXIX?

Sorry guys, but Miz will not hold WWE title in along time. He had a failed run and he has to improve to get another shot.

Thread Information