Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock lays the SMACKDOWN on his haters

Default Rock lays the SMACKDOWN on his haters

After John Cena's promo about the Rock on Raw, it was reported that several workers backstage loved it because they were upset that the Rock was being used in the main event of WrestleMania despite not being a full-time promoter, and that he was being used in a spot that could be used to elevate another talent.

With that news circulating around the internet, a fan asked Rock over Twitter, "Haters claim you're keeping them from wrestling at 'Mania and they can't get over. Why couldn't they get over when you were gone?" The Rock replied with the following:

@da_other_man The ones who are complaining are the ones who will never get over anyway, Too busy complaining.

wrestlingepicenter.com

Default Re: Rock lays the SMACKDOWN on his haters

I'll say the same thing Champ said in the general discussion thread. Punk and Orton can't get over, really Rocky? He's reaching.

The mistake that these pissy wrestlers make is thinking that their fate is in the hands of the bookers, their fate is in their own hands.
    Truth is one Rock promo creates more energy that a year worth from Randy Orton, maybe instead of crying like a little bitch he should take some notes.
    Fans make superstars, superstars headline.

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    The mistake that these pissy wrestlers make is thinking that their fate is in the hands of the bookers, their fate is in their own hands.
    Truth is one Rock promo creates more energy that a year worth from Randy Orton, maybe instead of crying like a little bitch he should take some notes.
    Fans make superstars, superstars headline.

Its probably directed to these guys in the sense that they will never be over as the Rock was? I think thats plausible. Its true, Rock comes back and illicit more response then most of these guys can do all year

Rocks one a million, like Hogan, like Austin.

I don't really think it's in their hands as much as they just don't 'got it'. Not on that level anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood* View Post
    Rocks one a million, like Hogan, like Austin.

I don't really think it's in their hands as much as they just don't 'got it'. Not on that level anyway.
    That's the point, they're not good enough and the Rock is, not his fault.

They can't get over because those same people still want the Rock back AND NOBODY ELSE...except maybe Austin.

You can't convince those people.
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

The thing is, so few people are on that elite level, it's not the norm. A lot of todays talent are good but since they aren't as good as Rock, a lot of fans immediately seem to make the judgement that these new guys just aren't good at all when that isn't the case.

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Why don't you all just venture to Ohio and we can have one big, incestuous orgy.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

The Rock is god's gift to Wrestling, The Rock is ruler of the world, zomg ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY.

the "attitude era" workers got over it when hogan came in to work with rock to produce one of the biggest matches ever.

this one will too. and if not... well more reason this generation is not has good has the last.

rocks involvement means more exposure for the company (and himself, its win/win) and that means a bigger/better company in the future to work for.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I really don't get the hate on The Rock for coming back for this Wrestlemania match. I mean seriously, am I the only one who remembers that it was Cena who was BEGGING The Rock to come back and have a match with him? At every opportunity, any time a microphone was put in his face, at every media event Cena was a part of, he called out The Rock. And repeatedly, and politely, The Rock declined. He never once had a bad thing to say about the business, but he explained (over and over again) that he had done everything there was to do, and rather than stick around past his prime and ruin his health, he chose to move on and pursue other passions. I mean, what an asshole, right?

And now that he's given in and accepted a match with Cena, a match that Cena begged for and a lot of fans are dying to see, this makes him the bad guy. In kayfabe land, fair enough, Cena's story of The Rock "abandoning" the WWE and now coming back to "hog" the spotlight is okay. But the idea that people -- especially other wrestlers -- legitimately believe that to be true is a real head scratcher to me.

The guy retired from the business. He never wanted A match at Mania, let alone a match with Cena. He is basically doing John, Vince, and the business as a whole a huge favor by being part of it. He was very happily and successfully doing his own thing in another line of work. It was Cena who kept calling him out, and it was Vince who essentially threw enough money at him to the point that he couldn't say no anymore. Behind the scenes, Cena should be puckering up and kissing major ass for The Rock being cool enough to come back and give him what he has called his dream Wrestlemania match despite all of the trash he has been talking about him for years.

Cena calls out the Rock.

The Rock explains that he's retired, isn't interested in Cena match.

Cena calls out The Rock again.

And again.

if its true i would love for rock to bring up that it also wasnt so much that he "left", but rather he wasnt brought back with a new contract offer.

they just let the old one run out and that was that.

again though if that is indeed what happened. ive heard it brough up multiple times on here before just not sure if its based on anything solid or just HHH/steph hate.

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    That's the point, they're not good enough and the Rock is, not his fault.
    Yeah. That's pretty much bullshit. The fans were never going to give anyone a chance after Austin and Rock left and The Almighty Attitude Era was done. Not Lesnar. Not Angle. Not Cena.

It's no one else's fault but those people who refused to let go of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Yeah. That's pretty much bullshit. The fans were never going to give anyone a chance after Austin and Rock left and The Almighty Attitude Era was done. Not Lesnar. Not Angle. Not Cena.

nostalgia is 1 hell of drug.

Thank you HAYZE!

Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    I'll say the same thing Champ said in the general discussion thread. Punk and Orton can't get over, really Rocky? He's reaching.
    Did Rock call out CM Punk and Orton? Or did he call out the anonymous tipsters trying to bury him through the dirt sheets?

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    Did Rock call out CM Punk and Orton? Or did he call out the anonymous tipsters trying to bury him through the dirt sheets?
    The latter. Orton said months ago that he was over his issues with Rock. And there's been no word of additional heat between he and Punk in quite some time, as well. The only Punk/Rock interaction we have is that over G.I. Joe.

This isn't to say that Punk and Orton are all buddy buddy with him now, but these reports don't list anyone in particular, so I'm certain Rock isn't singling out anyone in particular either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
    I really don't get the hate on The Rock for coming back for this Wrestlemania match. I mean seriously, am I the only one who remembers that it was Cena who was BEGGING The Rock to come back and have a match with him? At every opportunity, any time a microphone was put in his face, at every media event Cena was a part of, he called out The Rock. And repeatedly, and politely, The Rock declined. He never once had a bad thing to say about the business, but he explained (over and over again) that he had done everything there was to do, and rather than stick around past his prime and ruin his health, he chose to move on and pursue other passions. I mean, what an asshole, right?

And now that he's given in and accepted a match with Cena, a match that Cena begged for and a lot of fans are dying to see, this makes him the bad guy. In kayfabe land, fair enough, Cena's story of The Rock "abandoning" the WWE and now coming back to "hog" the spotlight is okay. But the idea that people -- especially other wrestlers -- legitimately believe that to be true is a real head scratcher to me.

The guy retired from the business. He never wanted A match at Mania, let alone a match with Cena. He is basically doing John, Vince, and the business as a whole a huge favor by being part of it. He was very happily and successfully doing his own thing in another line of work. It was Cena who kept calling him out, and it was Vince who essentially threw enough money at him to the point that he couldn't say no anymore. Behind the scenes, Cena should be puckering up and kissing major ass for The Rock being cool enough to come back and give him what he has called his dream Wrestlemania match despite all of the trash he has been talking about him for years.

Cena calls out the Rock.

The Rock explains that he's retired, isn't interested in Cena match.

Cena calls out The Rock again.

And again.
    EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

hope thats sarcasm. cuz those guys (lesnar, angle and even cena) were more than over with the fans (hell rock was booed in favor of brock).

the main problem is in the case of cena is that back on SD when he was getting cheered and supported by almost all the fans he was a diff. character. the when they gave him the belt and made him the #1 guy and moved him to raw they pulled a bait and switch on our ass and we have the current boring and corny (my opinion) cena of today.

and that loyal 18-34 male demo hasnt forgotten.

Lesnar, Angle, and Cena have never been as over as Rock, speaking generally. Sure, you can single out Lesnar/Rock, but change the fact that Rock was leaving and change the fact that it was in NY, and you have a completely different atmosphere. Not quite sure in what world Angle was ever as over as Rock. Cena obviously comes the closest, but he's not there either.

I disagree with much of Benson's post, but he was not wrong in saying that those guys weren't as over.

I very highly doubt that Cena and Rock still have legitimate beef with each other.

Don't let Twitter fool you guys. It's all part of the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Lesnar, Angle, and Cena have never been as over as Rock, speaking generally. Sure, you can single out Lesnar/Rock, but change the fact that Rock was leaving and change the fact that it was in NY, and you have a completely different atmosphere. Not quite sure in what world Angle was ever as over as Rock. Cena obviously comes the closest, but he's not there either.

I disagree with much of Benson's post, but he was not wrong in saying that those guys weren't as over.

never took his post to mean HAS OVER has the rock but that they were never over with the bulk of the crowd has a whole.

few guys will ever get to hogan, austin, rock levels. and thats because those guys were entertaining freaks.

but they were over.

By the way, if this were someone like Triple H making a similar statement, I'm pretty confident that everyone would be up in arms over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    By the way, if this were someone like Triple H making a similar statement, I'm pretty confident that everyone would be up in arms over it.
    But see, Triple H is not immun. He is not the godsend gift to Wrestling, he is not the one that is better than all.

Maybe that's because there's a history with HHH, while Rock was literally the most unselfish of all guys who got to that peak? Just maybe.

I really don't get those types of statements, as they'd need to act under the assumption that all background facts are the same, in order to be relevant.

In all seriousness though, some of the statements here are lulzy at best. It's true indeed that the fans won't let go, nostalgia has become to Wrestling fans what them heavy drugs are to Jeff Hardy. But at the same time, WWE has been so caught up in Cena's super-man push that it seems they have forgot to elovate guys to the main event. When they actually do this, they rush it (Sheamus, Del Rio) and just feed them to the already established men. They did a wonderful job with The Miz but then fucked it up, if CM Punk hadn't done what he did, I don't even know who would have walked in as WWE Champion. For Wrestlemania to actually feel like Wrestlemania, they had to bring back The Rock, have Trips vs Taker in a cell and bring back Jericho to fued with Punk (not that I'm complaining about any of this) but the roster is way too thin, let's hope they don't fuck it up with Ziggler, Cody, Barrett, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Why are you comparing Mr Kliq business... Mr Stephanie... Mr Power Trip... Mr Stole Punk's Thunder.... Mr Egomaniacal... Mr Reign of Doom... Mr...

*Dose blows fuse coming up with derogatory nicknames for Triple H*

Though I will give Triple H props for going away for a while so that Cena and Batista could grow and fill the void he left.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Thread Information