Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no TNA talent in WWE?

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

Default Why no TNA talent in WWE?

I'm trying to think, and outside of Punk (actually more a Indy Circuit fame) who spent little time in TNA, and Kharma, there haven't been many TNA 'stars' that have made the jump to the WWE. And I know contracts have expired here and there for the "E" to pick up some of TNA higher tier talent. I listened to an interview with James Storm and he was talking about how he would never say never, and when the offer was out there that HHH was interested in Beer Money, both men decided to stay loyal to TNA and resign with them. Plus he mentioned the WWE would have ended up splitting them after a few months (like TNA did anyways), and he didn't want any of that.

So my question is; "Is the WWE just not interested in TNA talent, or is it that TNA talent are too loyal or don't want to be ruined by WWE the reason we don't see any TNA talent in the WWE?"

Banner by-ThreadKiller

Default Re: Why no TNA talent in WWE?

I would argue a case for Christian. He became a main eventer in TNA, something which he brought back with him for his second run in WWE. Similarly R-Truth, back when he was K-Kwick in WWF he was relatively unknown, but he made himself a household name through his stint in TNA.

The game is about glory.

One reason is the schedule. The schedule isn't as grumsome as the WWE's long work year. TNA has a few house shows here and there, but film the shows in a span of 2-3 days. The wrestlers get the much needed rest. Also, TNA seems to be less strict on rules. Go ask Brian Kendrick, RVD, and Jeff Hardy. Some guys are loyal, though. The one of I can think of is AJ Styles.

Some of the wrestlers probably do not want their careers ruined by WWE. Looking back at how WWE treated WCW wrestlers, it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened to TNA wrestlers. Poor Chris Harris too.

I think many of TNA talent that have been there since the start are to loyal to leave and I'm sure some of them would rather stay in TNA then get buried in WWE.
    " The wrestling world as we once knew is over. Gone are the days of normalcy. Gone are the days of conformity. I feel your pain. I am your opportunity for salvation. I'sn't time you come with me? For I shall set you free." - RAVEN

Banned

The reason theres not many tna talent in wwe. Is because theres not a whole lot of Home grown tna talent that would be suited for the wwe. The only guys i think that have a chance in wwe are Samou Joe, Roode,Styles. But i couldnt see them being solid maineventers. Maybe upper midcarders thats it.

I would count Christian as a TNA guy because his time in TNA was the best in his career.
    Ron Killings I also consider more of a TNA guy.
    Gail Kim is 50/50 but will say she more of a TNA talent then a WWE one.

And the reason why WWE doesn't want many is because TNA does a crappy job developing and evolving wrestles to make the WWE want to steal them away. Or maybe TNA really just isn't on their radar.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

The WWE has tried signing various TNA guys in the past... but most of them turned down the offers for various reasons. Of course, the WWE has pretty much stopped pursuing a bunch of those guys mostly thanks to TNA devaluing the hell out of them. Oh, and since the WWE knows how to create their own stars anyways... Well...

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    One reason is the schedule. The schedule isn't as grumsome as the WWE's long work year. TNA has a few house shows here and there, but film the shows in a span of 2-3 days. The wrestlers get the much needed rest. Also, TNA seems to be less strict on rules. Go ask Brian Kendrick, RVD, and Jeff Hardy. Some guys are loyal, though. The one of I can think of is AJ Styles.

Some of the wrestlers probably do not want their careers ruined by WWE. Looking back at how WWE treated WCW wrestlers, it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened to TNA wrestlers. Poor Chris Harris too.
    Pretty much nailed it on the head. The nearly non-stop schedule is VERY hard on these guys, both on a physical and emotional level. Emotional level meaning wives/families. Look at the divorce rate of wrestlers and its very high.

And I agree about Chris Harris. He became very disgruntled with TNA, went to the other side of the road thinking the grass was greener, and found out it definately wasn't. Same with the Naturals, in fact worse. The Naturals had a try out for a dark match when WWE was going to Nashville, Andy Douglas posted it on his Myspace page, WWE found out and cancelled the match. WWE said they werent "interested" but reality was that Andy, only wanting to inform the Natural fans that "hey we're going to see how this goes, show up and support us", made a goof. A few months later they were in a televised match where it was them and another guy taking on Big Show in a handicap match that lasted maybe all of 3 minutes.

AJ Styles has said he won't sacrifice his family life for WWE. Plus the money they offered him years back wouldn't have kept his family alive while his wife was going to college. These days chances are that is more to have a relatively normal home life. James Storm has kids, in fact his son was just born in January (he has a daughter from previous relationship who is about 6 years old now), has a wife (been married almost a year)---I dont see him wanting to sacrifice that.

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, my son passed away June 10, 2013 and my dad June 19, 2014 may they RIP

I agree with alot of you that TNA guys don't want to be wasted in WWE. Plus what they get in TNA the best of both worlds Wrestling and home life.

Most of this also has to do with the more physical high-risk environment of the WWE. TNA seems to be a safer work environment where guys can save their bodies. Only a few on the TNA roster actually enjoy hard core matches - Abyss, Samoa Joe, Foley, etc.

I imagine most of the lower card guys are appreciative to TNA for just the chance to display their brand of wrestling to the audience for the little money that they earn.

Jay Lethal was a company guy in mind that suffered due to poor writing and promotion.

One does have to wonder, though, what will happen if and when TNA actually starts touring on a regular basis?

They would actually be able to pay their wrestlers.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    They would actually be able to pay their wrestlers.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Banned

also most of tna's talent is either garbage or wwe has beens. most of them couldnt cut it in the big leagues

I love how in the attitude era, people were awesome for jumping ship. Radikals show up on Raw? HOLY SHIT. Nash and Hall show up on Nitro? OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! Now someone goes to TNA they are has beens.

Spoiler

Christian's jump was awsome. It was the first hyped singing TNA had.

Exactly. Christian was far from a has been, nor was Gail Kim, or Pope, or R-Truth.

Spoiler

To be fair, the list of guys that were "forced" into TNA... is much longer than the one involving those who actually went there by choice.

I know TNA does have its fair share of has beens. I would say for the most part Dudleys were has beens, though Bubba has definitely reinvented himself for the better. Rhino, RVD, Matt Hardy, Jeff (heavily on drugs), Angle, Booker T, Bobby Lashley, and some others are prime examples of has beens.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I know TNA does have its fair share of has beens. I would say for the most part Dudleys were has beens, though Bubba has definitely reinvented himself for the better. Rhino, RVD, Matt Hardy, Jeff (heavily on drugs), Angle, Booker T, Bobby Lashley, and some others are prime examples of has beens.
    I don't know about Bobby Lashley being a has been... I mean, he was young and actually chose to leave the WWE... for pretty much a stupid reason...

Replace him with Tommy Dreamer or any of the other countless ECW guys that eventually ended up in TNA...

Still don't know why Joe didn't even leave. He probably would have had Cena and Austin's backing which means the WWE probably won't do to bad by him. And the past two TNA years haven't been that great to him.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    Still don't know why Joe didn't even leave. He probably would have had Cena and Austin's backing which means the WWE probably won't do to bad by him. And the past two TNA years haven't been that great to him.
    I am guessing for Joe he probably doesn't like the scheduling in WWE. I actually think WWE will treat him great if he goes there

Quote Originally Posted by B-Mitch View Post
    I am guessing for Joe he probably doesn't like the scheduling in WWE. I actually think WWE will treat him great if he goes there
    That could be the case.

TNA Forum Title History
    X Championship (2 time)

TNA was also rumored to pay Joe quite nicely. So, he had plenty of reasons to stick with TNA... in the past. However, these days he really doesn't have much of a choice because the WWE doesn't really want him anymore... for now.

I feel Joe will eventually end up at the E' will he have a Punk or Low Ki road I don't know but he will probably end up at the E' at some point or another.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Thread Information