Thread: Things I don't understand about TNA

necrochaos

Default Things I don't understand about TNA

1. Eric Bischoff- The NWO thing was amazing back in the late 90's with WCW. It kept the show going for much longer than it likely would have. It was an idea that hasn't worked well since then. I can't understand why he is featured on the show every week. He brings a lot of heat, but I always FF his parts.

2. Garrett Bischoff- Why is this kid getting pushed so hard? It's is Eric Bischoff doing this? He can't sell a move, his ring work is pretty bad as well. He needs some more time in OVW or another smaller company to make it.

3. Jesse Sorenson- I feel bad for what happened to him at Against All Odds, but why was he even featured? He's a babyface, but I don't think people really seem drawn to him. He's not a good technical wrestler. He's alright, but not a title holder IMO.

4. Gunner- What are they planning to do with this guy? He's a decent wrestler, but they always make him out to be a serial killer. Give this guy a break.

5. Madisoin Rayne- She's been a lacking for over a year. Not much has been done with her. Finally, after last Thursday, she gets a title shot. She's been under used for some time now. Glad to see they are doing something with her.

6. Gail Kim- She's getting a huge huge push, holding her title, but she doesn't hold a feud with anyone. The Mickie James feud was good for a while. The Velvet Sky feud was going well, but Velvet's push ended out of nowhere. They need to do something with Gail and the women's division, it's getting rather stale.

7- AJ Styles- I'm very very tired of his feud with Christopher Daniels. So So tired. I swear this has been going on for 10 years. AJ is easliy one of TNA's best talents, but he's been wrestling the middle card in this stupid feud.

8- The X division- Amazing talent, so little done. These guys need more singles matches on the show. This should be like WCW's cruiserweight division, which was easliy the best part of the show and drew the highest ratings. Instead, they are forced to wrestle in 4 man or 3 man matches. So much talent not being utilized in this division. Austin Aries has held the title far too long.

This is just the beginning of the list. And I'm a TNA fan!

Default Re: Things I don't understand about TNA

Hogan and bischoff are holding back the X division and have been since they got into the company

Quote Originally Posted by necrochaos View Post
    1. Eric Bischoff- The NWO thing was amazing back in the late 90's with WCW. It kept the show going for much longer than it likely would have. It was an idea that hasn't worked well since then. I can't understand why he is featured on the show every week. He brings a lot of heat, but I always FF his parts.

2. Garrett Bischoff- Why is this kid getting pushed so hard? It's is Eric Bischoff doing this? He can't sell a move, his ring work is pretty bad as well. He needs some more time in OVW or another smaller company to make it.

3. Jesse Sorenson- I feel bad for what happened to him at Against All Odds, but why was he even featured? He's a babyface, but I don't think people really seem drawn to him. He's not a good technical wrestler. He's alright, but not a title holder IMO.

4. Gunner- What are they planning to do with this guy? He's a decent wrestler, but they always make him out to be a serial killer. Give this guy a break.

5. Madisoin Rayne- She's been a lacking for over a year. Not much has been done with her. Finally, after last Thursday, she gets a title shot. She's been under used for some time now. Glad to see they are doing something with her.

6. Gail Kim- She's getting a huge huge push, holding her title, but she doesn't hold a feud with anyone. The Mickie James feud was good for a while. The Velvet Sky feud was going well, but Velvet's push ended out of nowhere. They need to do something with Gail and the women's division, it's getting rather stale.

7- AJ Styles- I'm very very tired of his feud with Christopher Daniels. So So tired. I swear this has been going on for 10 years. AJ is easliy one of TNA's best talents, but he's been wrestling the middle card in this stupid feud.

8- The X division- Amazing talent, so little done. These guys need more singles matches on the show. This should be like WCW's cruiserweight division, which was easliy the best part of the show and drew the highest ratings. Instead, they are forced to wrestle in 4 man or 3 man matches. So much talent not being utilized in this division. Austin Aries has held the title far too long.

1. Because it worked in the late 90s, which we all know is the greatest period in wrestling ever and will always work over and over again.... Don't believe me? Look at the main event of Wrestlemania, and the Hell in a Cell Match.
    2. It's Eric. And Garrett is in over his head and he probably knows it. But Hogan and Bischoff know best, brother!
    3. Well, if he comes back, now he has a story and a reason to cheer for him.
    4. He's getting your standard midcard heel push. That's all. Don't overthink it.
    5. Yep.....what else are you saying? There's really no argument on this one.
    6. Well, Gail Kim is the champion because she was the champion once before and had some really great matches with Kong, PLUS she was in WWE, so...they can't possibly put the title on someone else. I mean..Gail was in WWE! WWE, man!
    7. Vanilla midgets who can't draw, brother. Or something. Nobody that watches TNA cares about AJ or Daniels. No one. Wait, what?
    8. Austin Aries is the best thing to happen to the X Division in years because he's a champion that has gotten people's attention. As long as TNA doesn't screw it up, when he loses it the title, it'll be important. And it shouldn't be like the cruiserweight division, because the cruiserweight division didn't have Ultimate X, or its own PPV Events.

As for me, on the great Samoa Joe "Is it his fault, or is it TNA's booking's fault", I say that it's TNA. They gave him the World Title and booked him to fail miserably, and they've essentially decided that he's just not worth it anymore, brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

The guy just loves the sound of his own voice... And we have to suffer for it.

That's nepotism for ya.

Forget PPV's, that dude wasn't even ready to be featured on TV. TNA has to stop rushing guys onto TV.

Are you against them giving him a character or what?

Actually, I'd say she's been one of the most consistently used KO's. Besides, there are so little KO's... and far too much TV time... Scratch that! Reverse it!

Those feuds didn't have much substance... and the matches totally fell flat. I think part of the problem is that Gail's mic work is just very questionable...

AJ's current character so belongs in the midcard. Yes, he's a great wrestler... but everything else about him sucks.

There isn't enough TV time... I mean, Bischoff and Hogan have to stroke their egos... and the veteran talent needs to be appeased... What can you do?

Anyways, Aries with the X-Title is a good thing. Especially since there are no other charismatic X-guy...

I patiently await the next list.

1. Eric Bischoff-Hogan enoght said
    2. Garrett Bischoff- Eric with Hogan backing
    3. Jesse Sorenson- I don't know much about him
    4. Gunner- biggest joke I ever seen
    5. Madisoin Rayne- Not bad on eyes, but to pizzest for my taste.
    6. Gail Kim- The only thing she going is that she was the first Knockout Champ. I mean Mickie James, and Velvet Sky are better then she could ever be
    7- AJ Styles- Without a dought TNA best main guy made by TNA
    8- The X division-Just another WWE IC Division with a trist.

Quote Originally Posted by The_fallen View Post
    Hogan and bischoff are holding back the X division and have been since they got into the company
    And what was the excuse beforehand? People have complained about the X-Division or lack there of long before H&B got there.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by The_fallen View Post
    That is the one thing I do not understand from Bischoff. When he was buying WCW he talked openly about pushing the Cruiserweights to the moon. Now, he had a great crop of new cruiserweights and he shat all over them.

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Bender's Banner Shop of Freaks and Oddities

NOW OPEN!

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    And what was the excuse beforehand? People have complained about the X-Division or lack there of long before H&B got there.
    When all else fails, blame Russo!

Actually, that might not be far from the truth... 'Cause the focus of the show did shift after Dixie brought him in to break the 1.0 barrier...

Banned

X-Division is the best its been in recent years, some great guys like Aries and Shelley in there.

Agreed on most other points though, especially Bischoff's insistence on rehashing the nWo every year. Immortal and Fortune need to die off now, factions are a relic of wrestlings past and dont work anymore.

There was something I didn't understand about TNA until now.

Why do they do almost nothing with Sarita? Well, she's probably more active in Mexico as the Dark Angel, and I wouldn't trust any lucha company with a woman that I'd consider putting the belt on.

So, as far as TNA goes, Sarita is unfortunately stuck in limbo. I don't like it, but...I understand.

I'm a follower.

Well, if we are going to discuss things that we don't understand about TNA, lets get down to the basics. Who in the hell thought TNA was a good name for a wrestling company in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Well, if we are going to discuss things that we don't understand about TNA, lets get down to the basics. Who in the hell thought TNA was a good name for a wrestling company in the first place?
    The same people who thought it was a good idea to have caged dancers which is probably the same people who thought it was a cool idea to name a group S.E.X.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

The same people that thought another wrestling promotion with 2 W's in it had been done to death?

I'm a follower.

Last Thursday was the first time I've watched a full episode since like October and can anyone tell me what happened to The Pope, RVD and Anderson?

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory88 View Post
    Last Thursday was the first time I've watched a full episode since like October and can anyone tell me what happened to The Pope, RVD and Anderson?
    Injured, contract nearing the end, injured (?).

I'm a follower.

1. Eric Bischoff- Is just there to make money and get his son into the wrestling business. Immortal is now a group that will be used to attempt to get Garrett over

2. Garrett Bischoff- Trying to create a future meal ticket when Dixie finally realize that she isn't get her money worth out of him or Hogan.

3. Jesse Sorenson- He is the perfect explain of the vanilla midget.

4. Gunner- Forgot all about Gunner surprise surprise. I don't see anything wrong with him minus making the DDT his finisher after having much better one.

5. Madisoin Rayne- Don't see it Madison has always been featured well.

6. Gail Kim- She actually has the least stale match out of the other two knockouts you mentioned. Mickie only storyline is aim and the title holder. And do the same promo declaring how she is the greatest of all time. Velvet push did end to earlier but she really wasn't ready for a singles title yet. Now she is pretty close

7- AJ Styles- I think he is told if he does feud with Daniels then Daniels doesn't get tv time.

8- The X division- Aries is saving this division. And most of the new X guys aren't even close to being ready: Sorenson, Nese, and Haskins. Shelley is only there to match Aries on promos until Sabin is ready and they can restore the tag division. Kendrick seems to be gone. So the only people that might do it is Shannon or Ion.
    Last edited by X-zero; 02-24-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: For Gunner

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lonewolf View Post
    The same people who thought it was a good idea to have caged dancers which is probably the same people who thought it was a cool idea to name a group S.E.X.
    The same people who also thought it was a good idea to have a Tag Team called The Johnsons who wore full body flesh colored suits so that they resembled penises and who also thought it was a good idea to have a midget masturbating in a trashcan.

Last I heard was The Pope's contract was expiring as well, and probably wasn't getting a new one.

1. Bichoff and Hogan are getting paid a lot money. TNA isn't the money by not using them at the moment. If it worked in the past, it might work now philosophy.

2. His dad is high up in TNA's food chain.

3. He's featured because TNA seems to care about the X Division at the moment. They brought him in when they got Aries and Ion. Aries needs others to face, and not the same old faces in the past. The guy was in the middle of a big push, and an accident happened at the wrong time.

4. Hopefully they plan to release Gunner.

5. Eh, she's been used a good bit in during the last year. Other knockouts need at chance at the title. She can't be given a shot every other week. Push Sarita, dammit.

6. I have no interest in Gail Kim. Nothing really to say besides she's a former champion and former WWE employee.

7. People have to be moved around the card to give other people a chance. The feud won't end till Christopher Daniels retires.

8. This is the best the X Division been in recent years. There are so many talented wrestlers involved. Since being signed, Aries has made a real impact to the division. Whoever pins him for the title will get a big rub from it, and I'm not talking about Zema Ion's cock buster move.
    -Team RT-

TNA does need more wrestlers for X-division why don't they just bring back Daniels or Kazarian back to that division would also be cool to see AJ back in division, but I think he should go back to world title picture
    on another note they should just scrap TV title because its rarely defended on Impact
    one questions is Kendrick still in TNA because i haven't seen him in months

Quote Originally Posted by B-Mitch View Post
    TNA does need more wrestlers for X-division why don't they just bring back Daniels or Kazarian back to that division would also be cool to see AJ back in division, but I think he should go back to world title picture
    on another note they should just scrap TV title because its rarely defended on Impact
    one questions is Kendrick still in TNA because i haven't seen him in months
    Kendrick's profile was taken off the TNA roster page yesterday. I'm assuming that he's gone from the company.
    -Team RT-

Banned

8- The X division- Amazing talent, so little done. These guys need more singles matches on the show. This should be like WCW's cruiserweight division, which was easliy the best part of the show and drew the highest ratings. Instead, they are forced to wrestle in 4 man or 3 man matches. So much talent not being utilized in this division. Austin Aries has !
    1. Youre right the only reason garrets getting a push is because of who his dad is. Next you would have nick hogan in tna.lol

2 Gunner is just a waste of space. Flair should be mentoring a guy with potencial.

3 Aj styles is just lost in the mix.

4 I fast forward every time a x divison match is on.

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

It's TNA, man. You'll wind up shooting yourself in the head over-analyzing it. It is what it is.

Aries has been a fine X-Division champ. I've enjoyed his reign

Thread Information